Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thread For Anyone Who Hates Ed X Roy! Edxroy Fans, Kindly Please Keep Away From This Thread. :) Also, This Is Not Anti-yaoi Thread.
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Ladymercury
Alter!AlxHuman!Al <- weird gate!babies?

I just imagine Alter!Al like coughing all over Human!Al every five minutes.
Jellybean
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Nov 6 2005, 05:52 AM) [snapback]309825[/snapback]

... you are awesome. Let's be friends. xD

Yay! I like making friends. biggrin.gif
The Great Asparagus
but really... its like... offensive to ed and everything

well not that he'd be able to tell, but still
Jellybean
laugh.gif I always crack up imagining Ed's reaction to fma yaoi fandom. The three most common people he's paired up with are two people he loathes and his brother, plus he's always getting molested or pseudo-raped and is the uke like 99.5% of the time. That warrants a trademark Ed-fit of monumental proportions.
AA battery
Jellybean: Poor Ed...

That's why I am all for Seme!Ed, YAY.

Ladymercury: ... zomg, the image on my head looks sooo funny. xD

Love can conquer all, I am pretty sure (zomg cliche lines1!!111!!!!ONE!)
Missh Loony
xD I can stand it, though I don't think it would ever work. Plus, it's not canon... so there's nothing for me to really 'worry' about, eh?

But my friend loves Roy to death, and one day I had a bunch of Algebra-related Geometry homework to do, so...

Roy + Ed = ...NO SOLUTION

No offense to any fans. I think it's just funny, 'cause you could do that with any pairing. Like... uh... Hayate and Riza... which is a REAL no solution, right thur.
Triple_Soul_Alchemist
Old thread, but oh well. XD

Allright. When I saw this I figured "Hm. A nice, intelligent convo about why people don't like Roy x Ed. FINALLY! Someone shares my opinion!"

...But then I come here and am assaulted by the first post. xX

Allright. I'll get this out of my system. I hate Roy x Ed. HATE it. I just find the pedohpilistic theme of that absolutely disturbing.

HOWEVER. I will not run around and bash those who DO like it. While I maye disagree with your choice of perfered pairing, I won't look at you any less as a person. It's pointless to see one pairing a person likes, and dwell on it. People like that need to move on. I have a friend that likes Roy x Ed, and while I highly dislike that pairing we're still good friends.

I just find it pointless to bash a pairing until you're completely out of breath. Very pointless.

Well, there's my two cents. xD
Popogeejo
QUOTE(The New Fullmetal Alchemist @ Jul 10 2006, 06:28 PM) [snapback]420419[/snapback]

Um... hi? Not sure if anyone checks this or not anymore, but... If anyone here is a fan of Roy and Edward (not necessarily a couple from a sexual standpoint, mind you), then please consider entering this fanart contest!!!

Just read the fan fiction that is linked in my sig, and draw your favorite scene from the story! More info and rules/prizes are listed at the end of the fan fic!!! PM me if you have any questions, want to recieve an e-mail address so you can submit your work, or if you know of any place that I could post this contest! smile.gif Thanks!

It seems like a lot of you here enjoy talking about Roy and Edward in a non-couple sort of way, and this fan fiction should be for you! Granted, one could argue it goes both ways (couple or not), but personally I think it's not (and I did write it!) Anyway, let me know if you're interested in the contest! Hope someone reads this... sob!

Stop spaming that damn comp!
Nepharski
QUOTE(Flame_Alchemist_Obsessor @ Oct 30 2005, 07:06 PM) [snapback]306764[/snapback]

WHY does everybody love the EDXROY pairing??!!!

I've really no idea. Even if you don't have problems with Homosexual coupling, Ed and Roy would qualify as pedophilia. Regardless, however, I'm just not a fan of coupling characters anyway, outside of what the Anime or Manga lays down as a canon or suggested relationship. That said, it's fairly obvious that Ed really doesn't like Roy, and Roy seems to regard Edward as a somewhat costly asset to his career.

At most, Roy might see himself as a bit of a Father substitute, but otherwise I find this sort of thing highly unlikely, and highly disturbing.
Nepharski
As I mentioned in the other thread that spawned this one, EdxRoy creeps me out to no end.
MeLRizA
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Jul 12 2006, 04:04 AM) [snapback]420721[/snapback]

As I mentioned in the other thread that spawned this one, EdxRoy creeps me out to no end.

I second that.. I can feel some goosebumps forming on my skin..
slayeralchemist
[attachmentid=6918] blink.gif I don't like that couple at all, is kinda creepy. I'm sorry but that just the way I see it at the moment maybe I will change my mind later on.
N.C. StormEye
It's only funny at conventions when Vic and Travis do fanservice. Otherwise...EdxRoy is SICK AND WRONG!! Royai forever!!

Besides, Ed isn't even legal and Roy is like, what, 30?! This is pedophilia!
Nekokitty
Then I guess I'm sick. I used to like Roy/Ed. The age difference and homosexuality didn't bother me. The reason I dislike it now is because it feels overdone and shoved in my face.
However, I'll still read a fanfic about this pairing if it is wellwritten or look at pretty fanart but that's it. sleep.gif
Chiyo
Just one note, last I recall the legal age to have sex in Japan is 12/13 (though this seems to vary depending on source). Much as this pairing doesn't appeal to me you can't base opinions on the fact Ed is 'underage' as by the original Japanese standards he's not. The age difference is another matter.
Flye
I, too, dislike RoyxEd, but I honestly don't like this thread. Why?

Because...

1) The title of the thread: Thread for Anyone Who Hates RoyxEd. IMO, Hate is a very strong word. I don't think a word with such a strong connotation should be used because it could offend RoyxEd fans who happen to be browsing the forums. If you really want to bash another pairing why not change it to: Anti-RoyxEd or something?

2) You should just let people follow what pairing they like. How would you like it if Royai or Edwin or whatever your favorite pairing is gets bashed in a thread like this?
Alchemical
I hate RoyEd in an fashion, except for parental. It annoys me, and is noncanon in my eyes. And I'm not a fan of noncanon slash.
TheSnig
I have nothing against yaoi in general, but this pairing annoys me. First off, they are 15 years apart. In addition to that, quite a lot of this pairing's fans get really obsessive, and start posting their fanart all over the internet. But I suppose they can like what they want. I don't like most fanfic in general, so I won't get started on that...
Chyou
The only thing worse than EdxRoy in my book, is EdxAl *nightmares*
Amethyst Sunset
I agree, "hate" is a bit too strong. The pairing may not appeal to you (or any of us posting here, for that matter), but that doesn't mean we can ruin it for everyone else who are into Roy/Ed, or Ed/Roy, whatever floats your boat. XD In fact, it's interesting and even fun to hear from people who support different pairings from us.

And Ed/Roy can mean any relationship between Ed and Roy. First and foremost, I like to think of them as two rivals who never want to admit that they are alike in more ways than they think, that they sympathize with each other whenever their backs are turned.

And Ed never had an older brother [spoiler]save for Envy, who was actually a half-brother who died and became a Homunculus hell-bent on killing him[/spoiler], and never really had a paternal bond with Hohenheim, his biological father, For me, Roy is like a combination of an older brother and a father to Ed, always looking out for him, worrying whenever he and Al get into trouble...just as Riza said in episode 25, Roy tends to lose his cool when the Elrics get in trouble.

So yeah, in romantic pairings, I support Edwin and Royai, but I do also support the platonic/familial relationship between the Fullmetal and the Flame. happy.gif
Chiisana
Not an Ed/Roy or Roy/Ed fan. But I don't mind what people like. So when it comes to Roy/Ed fanart, fanfiction and doujinshi. I just glance over them and stay speechless ('_')

Not that I flame or insult other's fandom either, like those who insult my fandom Elricest . Those who've done it know who I'm refering to.

[spoiler] I don't go around and say 'eww' to Edwin even if I dislike this pairing totally, neither do I do so to Roy/Ed. So why can't people just stop giving Elricest an 'eww' too??[/spoiler]

Respect to other people's fandom, man >_> We're all FMA fans so why can't we just stop insult/hurt other people's feeling by insulting their fandom? >_<
Chibi_Girl29
woow !this topic's for me !!This couple's sooo GROOSS euuuww
~Kurenai~
it's just wrong..edxal, edxroy...
hoopla
Why must you speak of things that you hate? It kind of makes me sad..
Oh, yeah, because it's fun to see who else likes/hates what you do...

Anyway, I am not against RoyxEd. Just wanted to say that.
I remember I couldn't understand how a pairing could exist.
But then I changed my mind...

But I'm not saying that that's my favourite pairing, I'm just saying...
The manga/anime should keep with EdxWin because it makes more sense..((Please do not kill me.))
Naivete
I guess it depends on what level of Ed/Roy this "hate" is based on. For example, I personally think the paternal Ed/Roy is quite cute and the fluffy shonen-ai version amuses me briefly, but I can't stand any smut between the two. Not necessarily because it's "wrong", it just doesn't really float my boat.
Evileo
First time when I saw EdxRoy fanart I thought: "OMG! How it can be possible! Ew!" I couldn't understand why this pairing is so widespread. I personally haven't seen any hints on it in the anime. (by the way the same is for other pairings) I took this one as a taunt. Then I saw that people not only really like it but have their arguments for it. Now I'm more loyal. I still don't like this but admit that people can like it (and other pairings as well).
Fushi
I got sick of RoyEd there's too much of it, and too much of of character-ness. The more fanart I find, the more I find loli-shouta Ed (we've gone over my thoughts on shouta before), and the more fanfiction I find, the more out of character Ed I find. It's safer to just stay away from a pairing you weren't too into in the first place than risk coming across stuff like that while trying to find something good.

It's also too overdone. I swear every RoyEd idea has been done already. =/

And of course, the fans of it. They drive me crazy. I know alot of them and they tend to refuse any logic as to how other pairings could work, and discard the feelings of people who love other pairings. There's often times when I just want to leave some of the FMA yaoi communities I'm in because the fans drive me crazy.

There are way better pairings than RoyEd. Let's take pre-marriage HughesxRoy for example *shot!*

But I also don't like people who relentlessly bash it. =/ I don't like anyone who relentlessly bashes a pairing. I know some fans of it who are pretty good and write okay fanfiction, and I've seen some delicious art~

Oh, and Parental!RoyEd is uber cute. <3 Although I always consider Roy like a uncle to Ed, along with Hughes. Roy's that uncle who pokes fun at you, and Hughes is that silly one. XD Both care for you, but also aren't quite as attached or protective as parents are.
Winter Phantom
The couple just makes me shudder.I don't really care for it much,but I think Ed and Roy are more like maybe...A father/son relationship*gets shot by Ed*
Elricest creeps the HELL out of me.That'll all I have to say about it.
Here's my lecture!:

In the Conqueror of Shambala,remember how he was letting Ed go alone(by also holding Al back) to go back to the other side?It was like him letting Ed go..or something like that.
Plus,f the 100 year-old Ed,like in the OVA,I would think Ed's happy since he knows Roy's long gone.Finito.Mort.Dead.Remeber they're Rivals anyway,which may completely deleting my first statement.Just like Ed hating his real dad.
~Kurenai~
twisted relationships like this weird me out...why do people come up with these things?? mellow.gif huh.gif
Alchemist of Rock
QUOTE(Winter Phantom @ Jul 26 2007, 11:52 AM) *
The couple just makes me shudder.I don't really care for it much,but I think Ed and Roy are more like maybe...A father/son relationship*gets shot by Ed*
Elricest creeps the HELL out of me.That'll all I have to say about it.
Here's my lecture!:

In the Conqueror of Shambala,remember how he was letting Ed go alone(by also holding Al back) to go back to the other side?It was like him letting Ed go..or something like that.
Plus,f the 100 year-old Ed,like in the OVA,I would think Ed's happy since he knows Roy's long gone.Finito.Mort.Dead.Remeber they're Rivals anyway,which may completely deleting my first statement.Just like Ed hating his real dad.

<Removed inappropriate fanart 02/26/08 Tombow>
Havanese
Umm, isn't that image fanart? Unless it's an official image, it doesn't prove that Ed and Roy don't have a father/son relationship (if that's what you're trying to prove).

Also, that image doesn't look forum-appropriate to me...
Funkyduck
I hate EdxRoy because of the age difference, and because neither of them seem gay at all to me. But it isn't my job to say which pairing is necessarily "better" than the others. People who like EdxRoy can go on liking it. I don't really care.
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Funkyduck @ Mar 6 2008, 11:07 PM) *
I hate EdxRoy because of the age difference, and because neither of them seem gay at all to me.

At this point it should be noted Ed wears tight leather pants.
Fushi
I've been convinced Roy is at least bisexual since episode 37.

Because if THAT'S his date face I don't wanna see his sex face. mellow.gif
Winry Elric
I have nothing wrong with the people who support Ed x Roy, but I personally don't. I just see them as friends or brothers but not lovers.
AnimeGeek87
And why would Ed wearing tight leather pants make him gay? (he is living in a different time period in a different world after all, may be that's the fashion there.)
Popogeejo
QUOTE(AnimeGeek87 @ Apr 26 2008, 09:17 PM) *
And why would Ed wearing tight leather pants make him gay? (he is living in a different time period in a different world after all, may be that's the fashion there.)

Did you see anyone else sporting tight leather pants? No.
Also, their world appears to be roughly late 1930's. Tight Leather was not, nor has ever been in fashion for heterosexual men. Tight leather anythings worn by a guy usually indicate he's gay. It's not a 100% proof, I admit, but damn it's close.

[EDIT
Oh god damn, your that 20 year old and you can't grasp the concept of irony? Jesus Christ...
]

Of course if you want to me to make a serious point I will.

neither of them seem gay at all to me.

Fun little fact: Gay people are just like normal people. They will not, in most cases at least, have large neon signs saying "It take it up the pooper!" floating over them.
You know when a murderer gets arrested and the news interviews the neighbours and they'll say something along the lines of "He seemed so normal until he dropped that elephant on poor Mr. Wilko." The same basic thing applies to gay people. They appear and act perfectly normal.

AnimeGeek87
Ok, fair enough. You made you're point. And FYI, who said that the '87 means 1987? I just happen to like the number. (It's just stupid to do anything to give out your age online.) But I see where the confusion would arise.

Also, that previous post didn't come out the way i wanted it to,(no one to blame but myself).

Now I feel like an idiot. (Still don't think that the pants make Ed gay, but only the author knows exactly why he wears them. Could be something simple or stupid for all we know.)
FmaRulz111
I dispise this pairing so much!!!! X0
Jehan_the_Sitar
Well, it's mainly because I ship Royai and Edwin, and it's hard for me to ship things that interfere with my other ships (I apologize for my overuse of 'ships'). But I have better reasoning! I promise!

I'm alright with Yaoi pairings as long as they're realistic and true to the characters. I'm a major stickler for being in character, and I don't know about everyone else, but EdxRoy does not fit those requirements. Also, the whole "Roy is a pedophile" thing does not fly with me. smile.gif

Even if it was some scenario where Ed was older, I still wouldn't like the pairing. Ed and Roy seem to have a very platonic, familial, older brother/uncle-nephew/father-son/mentor-mentee(sp?) type relationship. I can't see it being anything more.

That's just how I see it though. I don't really care if other people ship it. Heck, I've shipped some pretty weird pairings myself. I have no room to judge.
Tombow
QUOTE (sadlyXnormal @ May 14 2009, 05:14 PM) *
mellow.gif I love this pairing. Sorry, but I do. And why do I like it? a) .......

@sadlyXnormal - Since this thread is for anti-RoyxEd people to be able to post their opinions, and meanwhile we DO have a thread for RoyXEd people where they can post their RoyxEd 'shipping posts, so I moved your post to Thread for EdXRoy fans thread. smile.gif
HannahBlack09
This couple really annoys me. I think that Roy and Ed have a good relatinship it is really funny and well... a romance between them is not attractive...

besides I love Royai tongue.gif
Tx-aNiMe4LifE
Im not yaoi fan but I read a few fanficts about RoyXEd and it was seriously sick...
All the stories dont even feel right.Makes me feel like...eww....and aint it like...gei?
angelstar2408
This couple is so annoying.... I mean in the first place it's morally wrong...
And the heck....do you think Roy and Ed would actually get together?! No Way!
But please don't get me wrong.... I'm not an anti-yaoi person...
I respect all aspects of fandom.... wink.gif happy.gif
Tombow
sigh... fine, since I'm asking "pro RoyxEd" posters to stay away form this thread, I'll play the devil's advocate... sad.gif

QUOTE (angelstar2408 @ May 19 2009, 03:02 AM) *
I mean in the first place it's morally wrong...

@angelstar2408 - Could you be kind to elaborate your statement little more, and tell us which aspect of RoyxEd relationship, in your opinion, goes against yor moral code? I'm sure it's obvious to you, but since our board is consisting of members from many countries & cultures & religions, and such, what's may be obvious to you may not be obvious to some others. ^^ According to your post you're not an anti-yaoi person, so, is it about their ages? (I'm just guessing.. ^^)
angelstar2408
QUOTE (Tombow @ May 20 2009, 06:14 AM) *
sigh... fine, since I'm asking "pro RoyxEd" posters to stay away form this thread, I'll play the devil's advocate... sad.gif
QUOTE (angelstar2408 @ May 19 2009, 03:02 AM) *
I mean in the first place it's morally wrong...

@angelstar2408 - Could you be kind to elaborate your statement little more, and tell us which aspect of RoyxEd relationship, in your opinion, goes against your moral code? I'm sure it's obvious to you, but since our board is consisting of members from many countries & cultures & religions, and such, what's may be obvious to you may not be obvious to some others. ^^ According to your post you're not an anti-yaoi person, so, is it about their ages? (I'm just guessing.. ^^)

Sorry... did I offend anyone? sad.gif
Sorry for not explaining what my moral code is and thank you 'Tombow' for pointing it out.... but in any case....
I live in the Philippines and if I'm not mistaken 90% of the people here are Catholics and the remaining are Muslims.... smile.gif

I being a Roman Catholic and studies in an exclusive all-girls school (which is very much religious) is taught that homo-sexuality is wrong... (as it is stated in the Bible... the holy book for us Catholics).... And here in the Philippines the "Church" power is strong that it does affect the government...so same sex relationships..(boy to boy...and girl to girl) are morally wrong...or rather contradicts our faith and believes.....

...but don't get me wrong...I respect all sides of your opinions and cultures smile.gif ... (as it is also taught to us)..... happy.gif

So did that answer your question? biggrin.gif

....Sorry... I hope that was of any help.... I'm not as religious as my friends or family are but I tried my best to explain it.... tongue.gif wink.gif
Tombow
@angelstar2408 - Ah, if you're Catholic, of course, that's understandable. ^^
Yes, that was the kind of clarification I was looking for. Thank you. biggrin.gif
angelstar2408
You're welcome biggrin.gif
Forgiven
I hate yaoi in general. And yuri for that matter. >_>

Roy belongs to Riza, Ed belongs to Winry. End of story.
Szaer
I just find it a bit retarded since the anime AND manga both try and make it as obvious as possible that Roy has a thing for Hawkeye and Ed has a thing for Winry. :T

I guess yaoiers just reeeaaaally need pairs with every series. ;D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.