Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Episode 33 Discussion
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2
Tombow
Things are heating up. Let's discuss!! happy.gif
Luckyalchemy27
HAHAHAHA!! Al's reaction when Martel climbed into his armor was priceless! laugh.gif
Wyrd_Raven
Greed's regeneration is rather impressive.
Luckyalchemy27
"I can't stand to have more babies taken from me"....*teary eyes* OHHHHH!!! That is SO adorable and so sad at the same time!!! ;_;
Singhay
Ah Kimblee and Archer's pose was pretty sweet. Kimblee has that Yakuza look going on.
Odysseus
Always liked this episode, voice acting once again superb. Greed continues to impress, things continue to pick up, and more mysteries continue to be revelaled, only creating more to replace them.
Tombow
Yet another exciting episode with full of action scenes!!
TheVileOne
QUOTE(Wyrd_Raven @ Oct 30 2005, 04:58 AM) [snapback]306337[/snapback]

Greed's regeneration is rather impressive.

Keep this in mind though. The Homunculus can seemingly regenerate from ANY wound.
Tombow
Greed, Mr. Ultimate shield, being interested in being like Al?? Kind of ironic. biggrin.gif
I would rather be in Greed's form than in Al's. happy.gif

QUOTE(Singhay @ Oct 30 2005, 12:11 AM) [snapback]306340[/snapback]

Ah Kimblee and Archer's pose was pretty sweet. Kimblee has that Yakuza look going on.

I saw that!! That was uber cool!! laugh.gif
QUOTE(Tombow @ Oct 30 2005, 01:13 AM) [snapback]306394[/snapback]

Greed, Mr. Ultimate shield, being interested in being like Al??

Damn Izumi! Greed was just about to explain why when she busted in. I swear, if the heroes don't start improving their timing, I'm gong to start rooting against them. tongue.gif
TheVileOne
Well, Greed's interest in Al pertains to his "immortality." So despite all of Greed's amazing invincibility as well as regenerative abilities, he's NOT immortal. He wants to know how Al can be immortal and exploit it to his own use.
Lycus
That conversation between Izumi and Dante seemed interesting. I'm anxious to learn more about Dante.

Okay, I understand that Greed is evil incarnate, but I wonder a little if he had a point. Should Ed be so quick to establish more enemies? Say he cooperates with Greed temporarily, he might manange to learn something useful from him. Like maybe how to fight the other Humonculi who are after him.
Chopper Enthusiast
Izumi finally got a beat down of her own, though it would have been more interesting of a fight had she not of doubled over and hacked up blood during the climax.

I also found it funny when Greed had his head lobbed off.
Full Metal Elf
I love this episode...it's really good. There are such great moments in it...and Greed is awesome smile.gif.

I can't wait for next weekend...............that episode is awesome! wink.gif
Radical Alchemist
The only thing I have to say is..

DAMN YOU DUBS! Her..... name...... is.....not.....MARTA!!!!

Okay.. i'm done
Luckyalchemy27
@Radical: I KNOW! That one ticked me off. dry.gif

@Chopper Enthusiast: Yes...doesn't it seem convenient that every time Izumi's in a plot-important situation, she starts hacking up blood?
The Thunder Alchemist
Compared to the other homonculus, Greed seems rather nice. For one he didn't eat Al's limbs off when he captured him biggrin.gif

All Greed's gang actually seems nice, even though they're not exactly good guys.

Finally, what did Kimbley have in that bag he stole from the safe? I'm geussing it was that skull that was with Greed at lab 5.

What's the impotance of this skull, why is Greed afriad of it, why doesn't he destroy it? I geuss we'll know soon enough.
Nepharski
Brilliant episode. We're reaching the climax here, and judging from the "Next episode" segment at the end, Greed and Edward are going head to head. Sweet.
QUOTE(The Thunder Alchemist @ Oct 30 2005, 11:49 AM) [snapback]306509[/snapback]
Finally, what did Kimbley have in that bag he stole from the safe? I'm geussing it was that skull that was with Greed at lab 5.]

The way he shrank back from it, I'd guess it was the bones that went with that skull.
AlphonseRules
QUOTE(Luckyalchemy27 @ Oct 29 2005, 11:48 PM) [snapback]306330[/snapback]

HAHAHAHA!! Al's reaction when Martel climbed into his armor was priceless! laugh.gif

God that pissed me off. Why the hell would he tell them the only way to kill him. I know he was scarred of it happening on accident but they kidnapped him, he should assume that they want him dead. Oh yeah, I can't stand how Al and Ed are so afraid of Izumi. Al is sitting there talking back to Greed and then Izumi walks in and he's freaking out. Jeez!<_<
QUOTE(Luckyalchemy27 @ Oct 30 2005, 12:04 AM) [snapback]306338[/snapback]

"I can't stand to have more babies taken from me"....*teary eyes* OHHHHH!!! That is SO adorable and so sad at the same time!!! ;_;

That part was great.
I loved the part when Greed regenerated his head. Greed's true form is kinda stupid looking, I like him better when he is human looking. I used to think he was wearing a tight black t-shirt though.laugh.gif
This was the best episode of the new season so far in my opinion.
V-And the Ultimate Shield is way better than the Strongest Shield-V
Lycus
QUOTE(The Thunder Alchemist @ Oct 30 2005, 12:49 PM) [snapback]306509[/snapback]
All Greed's gang actually seems nice, even though they're not exactly good guys.

Though they're not exactly bad guys either. I was wondering why they weren't behaving typically of criminal thugs back in "Dante of the Deep Forest." It's because they're not criminal thugs, they're just soldiers who were betrayed by superior officers.
Lycus
QUOTE(The Thunder Alchemist @ Oct 30 2005, 12:49 PM) [snapback]306509[/snapback]
Finally, what did Kimbley have in that bag he stole from the safe? I'm geussing it was that skull that was with Greed at lab 5.

Did we actually see the skull during the Lab 5 arc? I don't remember. All I remember of the skull was Envy mentioning it back on the island.
Molecular Alchemist
Yeah, the skull was in the array back in lab 5....it was above greed's head (now that you know to look for it, you'll see it). "al, captured" is like.. one of my fav FMA epi's...it was great to see it dubbed (I have only seen the fansub until now). I just love the part when Izumi breaks into the Devil's nest and Greed asks "who the hell are you" and she screams "I'M PISSED!" tongue.gif Gets me every tme..hehehehe
CHUA!
yeah... i missed it wat happened?
fullmetal9
ohhhh that was a good episode, can't wait for next week's. i don't understand why everyone hates kimbley, he's actually one of my favorite characters. and when is this "head" first mentioned? which episode i mean.
Singhay
QUOTE(The Thunder Alchemist @ Oct 30 2005, 01:49 PM) [snapback]306509[/snapback]

I thought it was Blood stones or w/e the call the fake Philosopher's stone. You know the stones Humonculus feeds off of.
Molecular Alchemist
Nah, it's that skull. You saw how Greed recoiled back into his human-like form when he saw it and screamed out that he was betrayed. What would he care about bloodstones...he's the oldest and strongest of the hommunculi....he already has them contained in his body and doesn't need them anymore. tongue.gif

BTW....I don't hate kimbly (I think he's cool)....but I DO hate Archer. My God, man, I want to kill him....not as much as Rose, mind you, but it's pretty close.
DustStorm
Envy is the eldest smile.gif
Molecular Alchemist
oh....wait.....you're right!!! I;m sorry, I saw one face and another name..and one thing lead to another.....oopsie happy.gif My bad
CursedAnubis
Hm, yeah I think it was the skull too. I went back to episode 21 where Greed gets loose, and lo behold! There's the skull! I can't believe I didn't notice that before haha
Molecular Alchemist
Yeah, I missed it the first time I watched it, too....I was too busy trying to figure out what the hell was going on....there were too many new characters being introduced....I kinda overlooked the skull blink.gif
Mustang_2
I really liked this episode. It had a lot of explaniations in it. I was wondering how they actually kill the hummunculi? I mean if the can regenerate from such teribble wounds then how are they killed. Also how does ed get al back with all of the chimeras around. Also How do you who are the chimeras? I mean it was great on how they were able to find and al and get some info but, what do you do when you can't get your brother back?
Singhay
Huh I watched the Subbed and I swear I always thought that bag was full of blood stones. I must not pay attention that well. I'm not sure but I think next week's episode is when a Humonculus is killed and how its explained how to kill them so you should wait til then.
Scars of love
Ironically from what happened for the past 5 episodes Wrath wasn't even in this one at all. 0,0 guess it was to focus on Greed,that greedy punk. Anyways the episode was great. I liked how it cut from Wrath's story all of a sudden to Greed's. I can't wait to see what happens next week....and wasn't the skull in the bag sitting on the counter in Greed's hangout in episode 30 when Kimblee looked at after saying all he wanted to do is set off some fireworks? .....i'm confused.
When Greed said "women" as he was listing the things he was greedy for, I just couldn't help but wonder, "Are Homunculi fully 'equipped'?"

I should probably leave that one in the realm of mystery. tongue.gif
CursedAnubis
Hm I went back again and looked, and the bag doesn't really seem very skull shaped to me. But maybe there are other bones in there, I don't know. I think Greed probably put the skull into the safe to keep it safe, not that it stopped Kimblee haha. I also noticed in 30, he was smiling at the bag, so he already was planning on betraying Greed.
Tombow
@CursedAnubis - Thanls for posting the screencaps!! I see what you mean about the shape of the bag. Though, I, like you, still think it's a skull.

Men. Greed is cool, but Kimblee is bone cold!! (more of my cheap pun. laugh.gif )
Lycus
Heh, I noticed that they arrested Tucker. I wonder if Kimblee's going to vouch for him, considering that they seemed to be having a relatively friendly chat about that subject in the previous episode.
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(The Thunder Alchemist @ Oct 30 2005, 02:49 PM) [snapback]306509[/snapback]

What's the impotance of this skull, why is Greed afriad of it, why doesn't he destroy it? I geuss we'll know soon enough.

[spoiler] what was in the bag was some bones from Greeds "past" body or who he was before he was a humunculus
the reason Greed backed away is because the most likly bones in that bag could kill him if he got near them because the only way you can kill a humunculus is by making them go near their bones or piercing their sin "strips" the red strips that are on certain parts of thir body [/spoiler]
hope that cleared up some stuff sorry if that had to much spoilers in in though >< and also sorry if i got it wrong but i think i got it right blink.gif huh.gif
SilverHawk
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Oct 30 2005, 04:28 AM) [snapback]306411[/snapback]

Well, Greed's interest in Al pertains to his "immortality." So despite all of Greed's amazing invincibility as well as regenerative abilities, he's NOT immortal. He wants to know how Al can be immortal and exploit it to his own use.

The irony is that once Greed gets Al's secret, he won't want it anymore, because of the blood seal.

QUOTE(AlphonseRules @ Oct 30 2005, 03:07 PM) [snapback]306519[/snapback]

I used to think he was wearing a tight black t-shirt though.laugh.gif

He is. If you look very closely you can see the slight difference in the colors between the black of his shirt and the black of his skin.
Tombow
QUOTE(SilverHawk @ Oct 31 2005, 04:26 PM) [snapback]307313[/snapback]

QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Oct 30 2005, 04:28 AM) [snapback]306411[/snapback]

The irony is that once Greed gets Al's secret, he won't want it anymore, because of the blood seal.

Yeah, as you and I, like other viewers, know the weakness of Al's form as a soul in the armor, I don't view Al's form as "immortal," and found it ironic that of all the persons (humans or homuncli), Greed with the Ultimate shield and his awsome generative power getting so interested in Al's form. Almost comical, like "the grass next door looks greener." biggrin.gif
And, Ed attached Al's "soul" to the armor. Soooo, I wonder what Greed was going to attach, and for that matter, to what?? unsure.gif His current body is already like an awsome unpenetratable armor!!
(Hmmm, how Ed is gonna fight him??? We'll see.... yap, we'll see. rolleyes.gif )

Anyway, I guess sometimes people gets blinded by his/her own greed (yeah, there is a reason it's one of 7 sins, it could consume the person and blind his/her judgement if the person is not careful) and Greed might be being no exception here, I wonder. happy.gif
adamclark
greed, probably the best homoculus in the show.....
Lycus
QUOTE(SilverHawk @ Oct 31 2005, 03:26 PM) [snapback]307313[/snapback]
QUOTE(AlphonseRules @ Oct 30 2005, 03:07 PM) [snapback]306519[/snapback]

I used to think he was wearing a tight black t-shirt though.laugh.gif

He is. If you look very closely you can see the slight difference in the colors between the black of his shirt and the black of his skin.

Yeah, but is it your average t-shirt, or is it one's those weird Homunculi pieces of clothing that seem to be attached to their bodies?

Where do they get those, K-Mart?
Tombow
QUOTE(Lycus @ Oct 31 2005, 07:29 PM) [snapback]307486[/snapback]

Where do they get those, K-Mart?

LOL. Or, mail order from Lands' End?? laugh.gif
Nah. Dante's got all Greed's bones. It probably was just the skull.
Scars of love
How and why would Dante have Greeds bones?
Tse'yak Naidraug
QUOTE(Scars of love @ Nov 2 2005, 04:48 PM) [snapback]308271[/snapback]

How and why would Dante have Greeds bones?

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but...

[spoiler] Dante created Greed. [/spoiler]
ed's numbuh 1 fan
^ exactly!

yeah once greed finds out about the blood seal i really don't think he'll be able to do anything besides he can't use alchemy i the first place!
CHUA!
QUOTE(CHUA! @ Oct 30 2005, 06:24 PM) [snapback]306638[/snapback]

and yet... i still get no answer thanks ppl ur all so nice biggrin.gif
anonymouse
QUOTE(CHUA! @ Nov 2 2005, 08:19 PM) [snapback]308368[/snapback]

QUOTE(CHUA! @ Oct 30 2005, 06:24 PM) [snapback]306638[/snapback]

and yet... i still get no answer thanks ppl ur all so nice biggrin.gif

Well, aren't there full episode guides on this very website? There's a menu on the left side of your screen there that's got eveything listed.
Mustang_2
Dante created Greed

Well in the episode before Dante of the Forest, doesn't envy say that izumi create greed or did she say that dante created him? She didn't want to tell one of them that they created greed. And Ed created wrath right?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.