Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fma Anime Quotes Search/ Scene Search
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2
ed's numbuh 1 fan
i was'nt sure where this goes sorry if it's in the wrong place ><

well this topic is for FMA quote requests, i've seen a couple of members making topics asking for an episode quotes so just post your question for a quote and i'll see if i can help you smile.gif
EDIT # 685989783495789: i finally have now all the DVD's and the movie so you can ask for movie quotes too~! : D

i hope this helps some of you out there! =)
Singhay
Do you got the one where Ed gets his limbs stolen and the grandfather talks about how dreams are good because they are fantasies but when u acomplish them they arent fantasies or somethng like that.

Nevermind! I didnt look at the thread ABOVE this one ahaha.
ed's numbuh 1 fan
i'll just post it for the other people who don't know

"The pleasure of a dream is that it's a fantasy. If it happens it was never a dream"
The Great Asparagus
hmmm.... what was that one quote that ed was telling rose about as he was leaving about standing up and walking forward or something cuz she has her own legs? i like that quote. i'm gonna tell that to all the stupid ppl who are planning to commit suicide. *nodnod*
ed's numbuh 1 fan
yay more work! replies!
the quote was...

"Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a good strong pair of legs, Rose you should get up and use them."

there you go! hope that helps you smile.gif
Robo-Mechanic
What Does Al Say In The Begging Of the SHow?
Officer_Riza
"One Cannot Gain Something Without Giving Up Something Of Equal Value" -Alphose Elric
Kyros
Are you just going to give the dubbed sayings or the subs too? Subs > Dub in fma ^^
The Krazy one
QUOTE(Kyros @ Nov 17 2005, 12:59 AM) [snapback]315991[/snapback]

Are you just going to give the dubbed sayings or the subs too? Subs > Dub in fma ^^

True True the subbed ones are better. My favorite quote is
"How do I know I exist? I Love to Kill, I love it so much I don't know what to do! I KILL THEREFORE I AM! That's all i need to know that I EXIST!" - Barry the Chopper! Woot!

Or, "When you are hurt you can still sleep, but if you hurt others, you cannot sleep. Revenge spawns more revenge." -Chief of Ishbal

Random Quotes XD
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(Robo-Mechanic @ Nov 17 2005, 01:40 AM) [snapback]315965[/snapback]

What Does Al Say In The Begging Of the SHow?

here's the dubbed:

" Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving up something in return.
To obtain something of equal value must be lost.
That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange.
In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth."

and the sub-
" Man cannot obtain anything without first sacrificing something.
In order to obtain anything, something of equal value is required.
That is alchemy's Law of Equivalent Exchange.
At the time, we belived that to be the true way of the world.

and the japanese verision-
" Hito wa nanika no gisei nashi ni, nani mo eru koto wa dekinai.
Nanika wo eru tame ni wa, doutou no daika ga hitsuyou ni naru.
Sore ga, renkinjutsu ni okeru "toukakoukan" no gensoku da.
Sono koro, bokura wa sore ga sekai no shinjitsu da to shinjiteita
"

hope that helps biggrin.gif
Riza-Hawkeye
Good job Sis!! biggrin.gif

I think the quote I'm looking for is episode 25, or 26. [spoiler]The episode when Hughes dies.[/spoiler]
What is it that Roy tells Hughes?
Please and Thank You. ^^
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(Riza-Hawkeye @ Nov 19 2005, 11:34 PM) [snapback]317326[/snapback]

Good job Sis!! biggrin.gif

I think the quote I'm looking for is episode 25, or 26. [spoiler]The episode when Hughes dies.[/spoiler]
What is it that Roy tells Hughes?
Please and Thank You. ^^

could you maybe be more specific?

[spoiler] do you mean after Hughes dies, and Roy's "talking" to him at his grave? [/spoiler]
Riza-Hawkeye
Nuh-uh, it's when Roy's telling Hughes he'll be Fuhrer, or something like that.
Irice
QUOTE(Riza-Hawkeye @ Nov 19 2005, 10:02 PM) [snapback]317361[/snapback]

Nuh-uh, it's when Roy's telling Hughes he'll be Fuhrer, or something like that.

Is it "I'll work under you, and push you upwards"?
ed's numbuh 1 fan
i'm sorry sis i'm not exactly sure sad.gif what Irice said sounded right
but i'm a perfectionest with the quotes and it was more like " I'll work under you and push you to the top"
i haven't got the episode volume yet sad.gif sorry if it's not what you wanted
ed's numbuh 1 fan
sorry for double posting buuuuuuuuuuut...

I finally got the 7th Vol.!!!!

okay Riza-doodle , was it this:

Roy :I'm going to become the Fuhrer, Meas. I'll transform how this whole country runs... It's the only way i can justify taking my last breath.

Maes : To do that, you're gonna need someone who understands you and the system, and supports you from the inside. I'll work under you, stay close to the higher-ups, and help push you to the top.

sorry it took so long ^^;;
Roi Moustang
I was wondering...

[spoiler] I was wondering what was the last two sentences Maes says right before he is murdered [/spoiler]
Martin Easth
Spoiler Below: Highlight text below to view.
I was wondering what was the last two sentences Maes says right before he is murdered

Are you asking about the dialoge he has in the phonebooth right before... ***Spoiler***: he is shot by Envy??
(Envy has changed his shape to Gracia according to the photo that Maes accidently dropped while take up some coins from his pocket)
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(Roi Moustang @ Jan 20 2006, 12:05 AM) [snapback]340467[/snapback]

I was wondering...

[spoiler] I was wondering what was the last two sentences Maes says right before he is murdered [/spoiler]

you mean this?i'll just post the whle conversation since i'm not exactly sure ^^;; oh! and beware of spoilers!!! --->

Meas : Yeah, your right.It's not like I've lost any evidence here. But now there's something that I'd like to bring up with you. Lieutenant. Ross has a mole right beneth her left eye.

Ross : Oh is that so? How careless of me.

Meas : Thats an amazing talent.

Meas : I hope you'll forgive me, but I've got a wife and kid waiting for me back home.

is that good? did i miss anything?
well... i hope that helped smile.gif
Abomination
By any chance does anyone know where to find Al's intro quote as a sound clip? And what about the voiceover quotes Al or Ed use while showing previews for the next episode. Most likely they may just be sound clips picked out from different parts of that eppy but again does anyone know where to find them? Thanks
ed's numbuh 1 fan
no sadly i don't but if you have a specific quote in general i could help you with that smile.gif
sweety_pie
Can you tell me, Ed's opening quote, about the philosephers stone, from sesssion two?
kojirou
I need help too. On this:

[spoiler] What were the words that scar said before he killed Tucker's daughter, who was then in the form of a chimera? [/spoiler]
sweety_pie
QUOTE(kojirou @ Jun 20 2006, 11:59 PM) [snapback]414471[/snapback]

[spoiler] What were the words that scar said before he killed Tucker's daughter, who was then in the form of a chimera? [/spoiler]

Oh, I can tell you that.Scar said,
"You're make-up, yes you're made of one part human, and one part beast.But I don't understand brother, how do I know that... You poor thing, You're a sin against nature,and your body is in so much pain.Oh merciful god, who shapes us all,please return these scarred souls to your unending woom."
I'm pretty sure thar's what he said.
(This is from the dubb, I don't know if it's the same in Japanese.)
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(sweety_pie @ Jun 20 2006, 10:03 PM) [snapback]414424[/snapback]

Can you tell me, Ed's opening quote, about the philosephers stone, from sesssion two?

it is in the dub mind you:

"The Philosopher's stone, those who posess it are no longer bound by equivalent exchange in alchemy.
They gain without sacrifice.Create without equal exchange. We searched for it. . .and we found it"
i'll double check on it later ^^; i have a strange feeling i'm missing a line sad.gif [EDIT]i think i got it righthis time, i watched episode 45 on Saturday and i belive thats what Edward said at the beginng feel free to correct me! it's nagging me too XD

oh and The sub:
The Philosopher's Stone.
Those who posess it, no longer bound by the Law of Conservation in Alchemy,
don't have to sacrifice somthing of equal value in order to gain somthing.
We sought after it, and finally obtained it.

QUOTE(kojirou @ Jun 20 2006, 11:29 PM) [snapback]414471[/snapback]

yeah i think Sweety cleared that up happy.gif if you need any help with anything else i'd be happy to help smile.gif
kojirou
@sweety and ed's: Thanks for that! biggrin.gif
Kasarra Elquaine
Hey, I'm confused as to what dub and sub is......
sweety_pie
QUOTE(Kasarra Elquaine @ Jun 27 2006, 08:23 PM) [snapback]417270[/snapback]

Hey, I'm confused as to what dub and sub is......

Is there a difference between sub, and dub?
kojirou
There are some deviations in the translations between the two. I guess that the dubbing translation is altered just to give the right timing of the speech and the conversations of the characters. But i guess the subtitles are much more accurate. biggrin.gif
Kasarra Elquaine
Oh. Thanks! ^^
Dozzer18
QUOTE(ed's numbuh 1 fan @ Nov 5 2005, 04:13 PM) [snapback]309575[/snapback]

i'll just post it for the other people who don't know

"The pleasure of a dream is that it's a fantasy. If it happens it was never a dream"

hey thanks i love that quote!
xavlet
Would somebody have a website where I can find audio quotes from FMA? You know like things Ed or Al or others often say, funny things or else?
Maybe it'd be better if it's in Japanese, lol...
Does somebody have a website like that?
If not written quotes are alright too!!
Thanks a lot !!
the hawkeyed alchemist
what was the quote that mustang said i dont remember the first line but the last line is
its how you deal with the conserquences(i know its not spelt right)
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(xavlet @ Oct 13 2006, 02:40 PM) [snapback]459248[/snapback]

Would somebody have a website where I can find audio quotes from FMA? You know like things Ed or Al or others often say, funny things or else?
Maybe it'd be better if it's in Japanese, lol...
Does somebody have a website like that?
If not written quotes are alright too!!
Thanks a lot !!

Try this site It does'nt have much sound clips but it's something! :3

QUOTE(the hawkeyed alchemist @ Oct 18 2006, 12:09 AM) [snapback]461511[/snapback]

what was the quote that mustang said i dont remember the first line but the last line is
its how you deal with the conserquences(i know its not spelt right)

Eh....um could you maybe tell me the episode number or what the episode was about? i could help you then happy.gif
the hawkeyed alchemist
i wished i knew what episode it is i saw it on a fma websight and when i went bk to look it was gone
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(the hawkeyed alchemist @ Oct 19 2006, 03:55 PM) [snapback]462253[/snapback]

i wished i knew what episode it is i saw it on a fma websight and when i went bk to look it was gone

ah >< um i really don't know how i can help you. It would really help me if you knew the episode.....i'm so so sorry i can't help you D:
Kryssie
What does Ed say in episode 29 when he's in front of the gate? Specifically talking about the English dub, I tried to see what he said with subtitles but it's for the Japanese version...

He's like... "Show it to me one more time, everything was in there! Equivalent exchange what do you want? A something something?" The last part is unintelligible to me! X_X
Mudkipblader
Hey I have a huge request.
In ep 28 (All is one and one is all) Ed (the small one) is looking at the cicade while Al is beaten up by the wierd man. What does he all say about death?
And what is the conclusion of 'All is one and one is all'?
Not the short version:

"All is the world..." Al
"And I am the one" Ed.
Lol that's funny.
sweety_pie
@Kryssie - I think he said,"Show it to me one more time, everything was in there! The truth was in there.Equivalent exchange, what do you want!"

---
^@Mud-I know that quote, Ed said...
"The cicade, I see it died, if we die, the same thing will happen too us."

---

You had the other quote wrong, I think it goes..(at least in the dubb)

Al-"The world is the all."
Ed-"And I am the one."

And what is the conclusion of "All is one and one is all"?

I do not understand that question, maybe someone else can help with that quote.
Anyways, I know the quote "All is one and one is all." is actually a quote from a famous alchemist.
GREEDisGOOD
I have a question: In episode 34, just before Greed and Ed fight, after Ed chews Greed out for killing Dante, Greed says "Feelings can be hard to explain." This statement has nothing to do with what they were previously talking about and I can't figure out why he said it.

One of my favorite quotes in the series was 'All is one and one is All'
It always reminds me of the 3 musketeers saying 'All for one and one for All".

Someone asked about this quote. I believe it means that together we all make up the world and work together in it to survive as a whole. But also we are each indiviuals and work in the world for ourselves.
I could be wrong, but that's my take on it.
Lysander

Why not desribe what happend in the scene you were talking about?
Kisara
QUOTE(Mudkipblader @ Nov 26 2006, 06:30 PM) [snapback]478140[/snapback]
And what is the conclusion of 'All is one and one is all'?

Dunno if this was cleared up already, but it's:

Ed: We talked about what would happen if we died here, remember?

Al: Yeah, a lot of people would be sad.

Ed: That's looking at it subjectively... but look at it objectively. If I die, the world will keep moving as if nothing happened.

Al: That's because you're just a small part of it.

Ed: Don't call me small. But if the small part, in this case me, dies, the body remains.

Al: Water, carbon, ammonia, lime, phosphorus, salt, saltpeter, sulfur, magnesium, iron and aluminum, right?

Ed: Right. We're destined to be decomposed by bacteria, and become nutrients for plants. If you follow the process further, those plants nourish herbivores.

Al: And those herbivores nourish carnivores, even others like us. And though we lose awareness, our lives keep moving through the system.

Ed: The great flow of the universe. Call it the cycle of life. The course of nature. Each of us is just a small part of that current. One in the all. Yet without all the individual ones, the all wouldn't exist. This world flows following grander laws that we can't even imagine. To recognize that flow, and to work within it. To decompose and recreate. That it alchemy.

Is that what you were looking for?
Mudkipblader
Yep, that's what I sought. Thanks.
Kisara
Hey, does anyone know what's said in episode 51, from when Gluttony's "eating" Al, until Al uses the stone on Ed?
Super Casual
What was that quote from Reunion of the Fallen where Lust is teaching that guy how to use alchemy in his room. She said something like "courage can do a man wonders". What did she say exactly? Ty.
ed's numbuh 1 fan
Ah here is it. Took me awhile but I got it.

here is Kisara's.
Here goes nothing:
By the way there are SPOILERS!

Soldier: Hey you alright? Colonel Archer?

Archer: Give me your car.

Soldier: Where are you headed to, sir?

Archer: The Fuhrer's mansion. The rebels are there right?

Soldier: That was a false alarm, Colonel. We've just come back from there. It was Lieutenant Hawkeye.

Archer: Hawkeye? And you let her live!?

Soldier: Hold your fire Colonel! The Fuhrer wants her interrogated at HQ!

Archer: have you seen HQ?! We're in a war zone! Rebels are everywhere! We don't have time for questioning! Let me kill her!

Pride: Is my species of consequence to you now? I haven't had the chance to test out my homunculus traits much. I wanted to see what would happen if I let me whole body explode. You really wanted my position badly didnt you, Mustang? I can appreciate the vanity of ambition. But you should have been more patient about it. Even if this somehow had worked the Council would never let an assassin back into their fold.

Roy: I didnt do this for politics! I couldn't forgive myself for being blind this long. This is the only way I could atone for the friends I didnt save!

Pride: Well by all means let me help you with that. Give my best regards to General Hughes.

Seliem (The Fuhrer's son) : What is going on?

Pride: Hello, son. Good news I caught the rat.

Seliem: I'm sorry I disobeyed you father. But I just had to come back. I forgot something and I wanted to make sure you're okay.

Roy: So what now? you say that people are foolish so how do you explain loving him?

Seliem: Father, whats the matter? You look like you're hurt. What's wrong!?

Pride: What have you done? You idiot.

Seliem: I just. . . I got it from your safe. You said you life depended on it and I didnt want it to get hurt in the fire. Father? S-stop!

Pride: You are foolish. Even my own son.

Roy: I don't know how long you lived Fuhrer, or how many times you cheated death. But not anymore. It's the end of the line.

Rose: Don't do this!

Dante: That sound. . . What did he just do?

Envy: Gluttony? He used Alchemy? The Stone!

Dante: You petulant boy. Look at the damage you've inflicted on your self! Sit down before you're wasted completely!

Alphonse: Stay back! you can't make me so anything!

Dante: And what do you think you can pull off?

Alphonse: Brother hasn't been dead for long. Look, there's still some color in his face. His soul is probably still at the gate. I just need to pull it back. The same way he did for me.

Dante: Don't be a fool you know what would happen to you.

Alphonse: Yeah, I do. A lot of people died to make this stone. And I would have died too if not for them. and it's time I give my share and make my own choice.

Rose: Alphonse. . .

Alphonse: Goodbye, Rose. This is for you, Brother. I'll miss you.

Aaaand thats it for that. I will get to Casual's tomorrow because I have school in the morning and it's already 11 here and I need to get ot bed soon. So I hope the helped some. smile.gif
*massages typing fingers* >o<
oww. . .
Tombow
@ed's numbuh 1 fan - Wow, that must have been a lot of work!!
Thanks for posting that!! hugs!! happy.gif

ETA:
BTW, I just saw a post in FMA manga forum inquiring about scene search for FMA anime episodes.
Please post your scene search Q here, and anyone who is good with those, please help and post the answers to the scene search for FMA anime here. biggrin.gif
Astria
I'm looking for which episode a particular scene takes place in. It's in Central (I think?), when Mustang's group are moving into their office.

They're talking about having been moved to Central, and someone mentions Archer. Falman says that he's known for doing his military duty, and when Fury questions why this is a bad thing, he explains that Archer 'likes wars' or something to that effect. I need to know the episode to work out the context for a fic I'm working on (I really want to reference that exchange as evidence for the opinion Mustang's lot have of Archer).

Thanks in advance.
Hakaro
konnichi wa, I'm new here, I'm *kinda* lost and I'd like to make a scene request.... ^^''
Well, actually, it's more a picture request... or even a video request.
I read in a site that there are a few deleted scenes of the movie, and they told me something about a cementary scene. I'd like to know if anyone has this scene avaliable on internet or has the scans of it.. ^^''
I know how is this scene like, if you need to know how's it like to help me, I can tell you ^^''
Of course-I can tell you if you've seen the movie... u__u'

Thanks ^__^''
Reta McClain
QUOTE(Astria @ May 5 2007, 12:43 PM) [snapback]539333[/snapback]
I'm looking for which episode a particular scene takes place in. It's in Central (I think?), when Mustang's group are moving into their office.

They're talking about having been moved to Central, and someone mentions Archer. Falman says that he's known for doing his military duty, and when Fury questions why this is a bad thing, he explains that Archer 'likes wars' or something to that effect. I need to know the episode to work out the context for a fic I'm working on (I really want to reference that exchange as evidence for the opinion Mustang's lot have of Archer).

Thanks in advance.

Episode 29. Around 17/18 minutes and forward^^ After Breda bursts in impersonating Armstrong xD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.