Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FMA Artbook 1
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Wyrd_Raven
I don't know if anyone else saw this over the web but as I was checking book release schedules at where I work, I noticed that there was an art book coming out for Fullmetal Alchemist from Viz. I double checked at Rightsuf and sure enought they have a cover up already:

Going from Rightstuf's description, It looks to be an early piece. My question is, what can I expect from this book aside what's already been described in the Rightstuf catalog?

Also has anyone gotten image sneeks at the Ed and Al figures that are going to be released seperately with some volumes of US Vol4 of Fullmetal Alchemist?
It is an artbook with color illustrations of Ed and Al by Hiromu Arakawa. If you enjoy her FMA artwork, you can buy it.
Ladymercury
I haven't seen any of the figures yet... but then again I'm not interested in them either XD (i tend to lose small figurings).

I'm interested in the book, cause I like illustration books, but I still want to get my grubby hands on the angel sanctuary book. Kaori Yuki's artwork is smexy.
Chopper Enthusiast
There sure is a lot of FMA merchandise these days.

DVDs
Manga
Action Figures
Books
Bathing Mits
And now this.
Wyrd_Raven
QUOTE(Chopper Enthusiast @ Oct 28 2005, 07:24 PM) [snapback]305697[/snapback]

There sure is a lot of FMA merchandise these days.

DVDs
Manga
Action Figures
Books
Bathing Mits
And now this.

I'm waiting for the Armor Transferance advertisements myself. Cost is your body but your soul goes on laugh.gif
Ladymercury
QUOTE(Chopper Enthusiast @ Oct 28 2005, 07:24 PM) [snapback]305697[/snapback]

Bathing Mits

Wha??
Satsuka
I'm so buying this!
edward4415
i didnt know they were going to release the artbook in america i cant wait until it comes out
NeoKakashi
I'd rather see the Perfect Guides translated >_<
But I'll still buy this!
Full Metal Elf
Ooooooooooo!! I want!!!! happy.gif.....(goes to transmute lead into gold)

smile.gif
Zyric
If you'd like to see the illustrations that you'll be getting, this site has most (if not all) scanned.

http://www.thedbarchives.com/fma/scans/artbook/

I strongly urge you to buy the Viz release if you like it, to support the industry. smile.gif
Wyrd_Raven
QUOTE(Zyric @ Oct 31 2005, 09:42 PM) [snapback]307532[/snapback]

If you'd like to see the illustrations that you'll be getting, this site has most (if not all) scanned.

http://www.thedbarchives.com/fma/scans/artbook/

I strongly urge you to buy the Viz release if you like it, to support the industry. smile.gif

Excellent! I definately will be buying this. Will be nice to see the art in full color biggrin.gif
GaluxKitty
QUOTE(NeoKakashi @ Nov 1 2005, 10:04 AM) [snapback]307407[/snapback]

I'd rather see the Perfect Guides translated >_<
But I'll still buy this!

Word to that. I'd buy all them.

=/ Not quite enough pics of the Military to make me want to buy it... maybe if I have some extra cash to burn but I doubt it.
Full Metal Elf
It's out TODAY!!!!!!!!!!! On amazon.com it says it's out today Nov. 1...smile.gif...I can't wait to go find it!!
Tombow
@Zyric - thanks for the cance to preview it!!
Gah, Arakawa sensei illustrated "Hawkeye as a secreatry"!!
And, her handwritten note as an extrr!! Mmmmm I got to check this out!!
We got it in at work (Suncoast) about a week ago! It's identical to the Japanese version just this one is a hardcover book and it's 19.99
Wyrd_Raven
Just purchased my copy from work (Borders) and its really good quaility.
Full Metal Elf
I can't wait to go get mine this weekend happy.gif ....it looks awesome!!
Glam
>.> Must get it...before it gets sold out where I live xPP *now I know who keeps buying the stuff I want before me*
AA battery
QUOTE(Tombow @ Nov 1 2005, 01:44 PM) [snapback]307832[/snapback]

@Zyric - thanks for the cance to preview it!!
Gah, Arakawa sensei illustrated "Hawkeye as a secreatry"!!
And, her handwritten note as an extrr!! Mmmmm I got to check this out!!

the secreatry part is about Riza disgusing as an alchemist assistant (undercover) in the first FMA game for Playstation 2.
Full Metal Elf
I got it!! Yay! And it's soo good, I just love the art and the comments with it. Arakawa-san is sooo funny, and of course an amazing artist!!! I hope she releases another one someday wink.gif
Electrastar
I already have the Japanese version of this. It's basically early Fullmetal Alchemist manga illustrations by Arakawa-sensei. I think they date from late 1999 to early 2002 or something...
angieness
If you really want to be obsessive, I went into Hot Topic the other day and they now have Fullmetal Alchemist shoes XD They're pretty cool and were only like $40 if I remember right. They're black and red and have the transmutation circle on them. Pretty cool even though I'm not getting them
AndroidLust
QUOTE(Full Metal Elf @ Nov 6 2005, 07:00 PM) [snapback]310175[/snapback]

I got it!! Yay! And it's soo good, I just love the art and the comments with it. Arakawa-san is sooo funny, and of course an amazing artist!!! I hope she releases another one someday wink.gif

Are there comments for every picture?
Wyrd_Raven
QUOTE(AndroidLust @ Nov 11 2005, 12:24 PM) [snapback]312478[/snapback]

QUOTE(Full Metal Elf @ Nov 6 2005, 07:00 PM) [snapback]310175[/snapback]

Are there comments for every picture?

Pretty much yeah smile.gif
NeoKakashi
I bought it. It's awesome!
Dingbat
Mind if I ask the ISBN code for this book? Can't seem to find it in local Kino/Borders so I'm gonna order.
Wyrd_Raven
ISBN #: 1421501589
Wyrd_Raven
Ok I finally got a chance to see the figurine of Ed that would come if you went with the figurine and Volume 4 combo. It's from the first trading arts figure series for Fullmetal Alchemist version of Ed (Him dramatically removing/ripping off his jacket to show his automail).

I have a feeling that Al will also be a Trading Arts figurine from the first series. IF they continue this trend we may be able to get access to the figurines that were not available in the US release of the Trading Arts figures (i.e. Hawkeye and Armstong from series one and Izumi and Hughes for series two, I don't know about the bonus figurines though).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.