Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dance Dance Revolution
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Game
adamclark
i remember first seeing this game when i was in high school (uh... about five years ago, when I was a junior/sophmore.). these kids i knew would download videos in the school library computers of, i guess, the masters of this game in japan. they would know the moves so well, they didn't even look at the screen. they friggn' thought they were john travolta in saturday night fever!

oh man, that was crazy...

so come on, who here has rode the revolution? don't lie now, the mark of the dance is all over you!
Kyros
I bet I know someone who could slaughter all of them. This guy I know can hit every arrow on any song if he wanted. In Pump It Up, which is similar but has diagonal arrows instead, he's like 19th in the WORLD. He's ranked like 3rd in the nation on that. Yesterday, he kept getting like 2-5 perfects away from AAA and was complaining >.> He's gotten 3 AAAs in his life I think is what he told me.
foolmetal alchemist
I am most definitely sure that I started a topic on this game before.... mellow.gif
animefangirl
my freind beat evry song ing in the game !
Halford
What is the object of the game? And what do you get if you complete that object?
Phyco girl
QUOTE(foolmetal alchemist @ Oct 27 2005, 03:36 PM) [snapback]305187[/snapback]

I am most definitely sure that I started a topic on this game before.... mellow.gif

mellow.gif I think so too...
Kyros
Yeah I coulda sworn I did too but I don't know if it was on this forum or not...I am part of 10 now after all happy.gif Anyway, this game rocks. I normally play in only shorts in my living room with both fans on full blast and the window open cuz playing for 3-5 hours straight can get pretty hot...
Ryuji1314
I love this game! I've played and beaten every version of DDR, my fave version has to be Extreme 2
Kyros
What difficulty does everyone here play? I used to play hard, but I had lotsa ankle problems due to sports so I took a long break from the game...about a year and a half. Now, I'm down at standard >.> It feels weird cuz I can read all of the arrows but I can't hit them anymore...
Ladymercury
QUOTE(Halford @ Oct 27 2005, 05:52 PM) [snapback]305252[/snapback]

What is the object of the game? And what do you get if you complete that object?

You dance and you keep dancing till your feet hurt to get new characters and songs and challenge levels.
Molecular Alchemist
I thought that it looked really cool and I really thought that I wanted to try it....and about 2 months ago my friends and I decided to give it a shot....a radiostation brought it into a crowded club...and we were like "OH BOY!" and uhhh...my friend was good at it...i, however.....yeah....umm...i looked like....I was having a siezure or something. So I have nothing but the deepest respect for the people who can actually do this thing...because I can't. tongue.gif (though I blame it on my friend, who went for intermediate, knowing that I had never done it before)
Kyros
Um...in vs, each player can choose their own difficulty >.> If you play in the arcade just make sure you're on beginner/light next time. I've never cared to play beginner cuz I'm pretty coordinated, but some people need some time to get used to eye-foot coordination like that so they start on beginner.
Sleeping Forest
laugh.gif not even going to say anything except that i suck, but it's really cool.
animefangirl
im not all that good eithter ,but practace makes perfect !
Saturn Stars
I am so obsessed with that freaking game! I hate it! because I even go to the arcade and spend like 50 bucks a day playing it with friends, it is a good workout and some of the music is so addictive. It's a shame I can't buy the game for playstation 2 with the mats here in australia sad.gif I can only get dance uk, which nowhere near inspires me to dance like DDR,

I dunno, I would try to order in from america but it probably wouldn't work anyway because american's run on ntsc or something like that where as australia runs on PAL. Damn why can't the world all just be the same!

I could buy a ps2 from america i guess but thats alot of money just from one game if you ask me. But it wouldn't suprise be if I did it in my sleep since I am so obsessed with that stupid machine. *kicks*
the_lightning_alchemist10
I <3 DDR!!!! but I just started standard...ya i know i suck. biggrin.gif I have yet to play DDR extreme 2 though....Santa will bring it for me smile.gif . I played DD Max 2 though at my friend's house and I have extreme. It's really fun because what me and my friends do is since we all have a mat we come over to someone's house, and the person who losses the most rounds against everyone, has to buy us all a manga!!! so i always win YAY MANGA!!!

im not all that good eithter ,but practace makes perfect !

that's the spirit!!!
Kyros
I'm almost back up to doing 7-8 foot songs on heavy again w00t ^^ I can do 7-8 foot on standard no problem. Sakura's one of my favorites on the DDR Extreme in the arcades, but I wish it had some more songs. *nods* I like Heaven and Shining Polaris, but neither one's on there. Oh well, there are still a lot of good ones like Sakura, Cartoon Heroes, the Paranioas, A, V, and many more ^^
Smoke Alchemist
The arcade is making a bank on you huh Kyros? <3
Heartless_Soldier
Im a ok player but garented every single one of you can kick my butt at DDR. The game is addicting though and I like it.
Sesshy_Kurama_Bakura
One of my best friends has it, and nearly every time I go to her house I end up playing it. It's a good workout for me, that's all I have to say about it.
Kyros
QUOTE(Smoke Alchemist @ Dec 14 2005, 07:26 PM) [snapback]329456[/snapback]

You think I talk about it a lot, you should see my friends play. Some of them will spend like 15 bucks a week sometimes.
the_lightning_alchemist10
You think I talk about it a lot, you should see my friends play. Some of them will spend like 15 bucks a week sometimes.

blink.gif oh my, that certainly adds up!
Winkle
Hahaha.

I used to be semi hardcore for DDR. I typically plunked down about 20 bucks a week to play it at the arcades. I had some dance routines worked out for a couple of songs too. I was never too good on the hardest songs (never fast enough) so I just worked on dance routines.

Really stupid now that I think about it but at least it got me in shape... that's what excuse should be about man, fun and stuff. But yea, I stopped about 4 years ago and don't have time to play it anymore and have gotten fat again so I doubt I can play it anymore lol.
ChocolateAlchemist
Wow. I x333333 DDR- it's the best game I own
Smoke Alchemist
QUOTE(Bubba @ Dec 14 2005, 09:28 PM) [snapback]329653[/snapback]

QUOTE(Smoke Alchemist @ Dec 14 2005, 07:26 PM) [snapback]329456[/snapback]

ohmy.gif
Blade Alchemist
I got DDR:E2 and i'm working my way up there. I'm fairly good at standard and I've been practicing like mad since I got it.

On a good day I'll be drenched in sweat and gasping for water by playing for 3 hours. This is at home so I don't have to worry about people staring at me.

My favorites are Captain Jack, Cartoon Heroes, Daikenkai, and Speed Over Beethoven.
haplo
i own ddr max 2 fairly good do about 9's on heavy
and i usaly spend 15 one night on ddr at the arcade if i go but i usualy go on fridays
and only have time to go on fridays
school then work
Hokage Akane Elric
ddr is da best game eva.i own all da ddr games 4 ps2.my fave song gota b butterfly, sand storm, heaven, injection of love,candy,as da rush come, irresistiblement,cartoon heros, look at us,look into the sky and there's alot more but im gona stop there
kenderoth
i know some people who are pretty good,but i really suck at cordinating it and doing good on the rythim but i guess if i played more. (I can make it look like im playing it really harcore if you stand from afar) lol
Kyros
My friends are having a DDR tournament in April which is gonna pwn ^^ I'm entering in standard, and right now there's only 2 people I see that are gonna be hard competition for me. I already know which song I can use against one cuz it drains his stamina like crazy (it seems I'm one of the few that don't mind it's endurance needs overall lol, w00t for playing sports for 15 years). I just have to think of a song to pull out against the other guy (who's kinda cheating cuz he should be in the heavy division >.>).
Sleeping Forest
huh.gif i have no eye/foot coordination, so i'm horrible at ddr...xP
Kitty Alchemist
I love DDR. I'm not a pro at itbut i'm pretty good. i play it everytime i go to the mall or where ever place that have it
DustStorm
I just got Dance Dance Revolution Extreme 2, and I suck at it!! XD
Smoke Alchemist
I suck at this game on so many levels!!! I want to give it another try but don't want to look stupid XD
FMA4ever
I love DDR! I'm pretty good at it, but I'm not like one of those people you see in the Acarde going at like 250 BPM on really really hard! Has anyone played the DDR on GameCube or am I the only loser? biggrin.gif
Kitty Alchemist
I love DDR I haven't play in a long time.
psychohippie
I love DDR! My brother and I have DDR Extreme 2 for PS2 (we got it for christmas). I am okay at it. I really don't like beginner levels because it feels like you are standing there for hours just waiting for the arrows to hit the top of the screen. My favortite song is Speed Over Beehtoven (I don't think I spelled that right, but, whatever).
joanne45
It's fun and I used this as a workout! it makes u sweat!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.