Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who Do You Think Is The Next Humunculus To Die?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2
nakagos bunny
Gone
Lust
Envy
Sloth

=============

Still kicking:
Wrath
Pride (Gluttony)
Greed

A lot of speculation about chapter 53 is going around on this board. There seem to be many at this board who think Envy and Greed are going to die soon, possibly within this chapter. Some think Gluttony and Envy will die at the same time.

I think there's a good chance Gluttony will die, but I don't think Envy will. I see Envy sticking around until the very end of the saga, possibly even being "redeemed" and never dying. I think Envy is too popular of a character for Arakawa to get rid of him/her/whatever.

So far, only the unpopular sins have died, that being Greed and Lust. Greed was cool, and cute in his own way, but in that masculine way, not the pretty boy way that anime fangirls and female manga artists favor. And Lust is a woman, not as popular with anime fangirls (and yes I do think the majority of FMA fans are probably girls).

And the other ones like Sloth, Pride and Wrath probably still have at least a little more story time/exploration.

So I say Gluttony is next to go.

Envy, he isn't going anywhere....except into further chapters of FMA manga. biggrin.gif
tathchan
I'm probably totally alone in this, but I really DON'T like Envy. He/she/it is good for some humor, but otherwise I would be quite happy to see "it" go. (I was totally and utterly amazed to see that some people think Envy is bish! Sorry, but *gag*. dry.gif I loove bishounen, but not when they're THAT androgynous! blink.gif )

My personal opinion of the character aside, I do think that Envy will be dying soon. Gluttony too, probably, but he has gotten a bit more likable in the last chapter or two, whereas Envy has gotten... well, uglier. tongue.gif Although, now that I think about it, Envy is one of the more major homonculi, which could be evidence that he/she/it will be around for a while longer. Added to that (hmm, this just occurred to me), there are few if any other homonculi that we've seen so far that are even vaguely likable (okay, well, Gluttony is kind of pitiful now, but like I said he'll probably die soon). Envy at least has a sense of humor.

Okay, I revise what I said. I hope that Envy will die soon, but now I doubt that he/she/it will. tongue.gif
AndroidLust
QUOTE(tathchan @ Oct 25 2005, 05:35 PM) [snapback]304329[/snapback]

I'm probably totally alone in this, but I really DON'T like Envy. He/she/it is good for some humor, but otherwise I would be quite happy to see "it" go. (I was totally and utterly amazed to see that some people think Envy is bish! Sorry, but *gag*. dry.gif I loove bishounen, but not when they're THAT androgynous! blink.gif )

My personal opinion of the character aside, I do think that Envy will be dying soon. Gluttony too, probably, but he has gotten a bit more likable in the last chapter or two, whereas Envy has gotten... well, uglier. tongue.gif Although, now that I think about it, Envy is one of the more major homonculi, which could be evidence that he/she/it will be around for a while longer. Added to that (hmm, this just occurred to me), there are few if any other homonculi that we've seen so far that are even vaguely likable (okay, well, Gluttony is kind of pitiful now, but like I said he'll probably die soon). Envy at least has a sense of humor.

Okay, I revise what I said. I hope that Envy will die soon, but now I doubt that he/she/it will. tongue.gif

I completely agree with you. I would be happy to see Envy go too. Unfortunately, it `s probably gonna stick around for more than I want him to.
Ed-Elric
wrath (anime pride) should die i hate him
Aoko-chan
Envy wouldn't die yet. He/She/It plays an important role in the manga overall, and could come of help in the future. He/She/It would also help get Lin and Ed out of Gluttony's stomach. Also, we still havn't known that much of He/She/It yet (Envy deserves a bit more screen time). And like what Nakagos Bunny said, Envy could go on living til the end of the manga.

Gluttony could be the next 'victim'. The process of getting Ed, Lin, and Envy out would require getting through Gluttony, which would require being puked out or Gluttony exploding(how the hell would they get out if not that way?!! XD) and Gluttony could die, though I highly doubt that it would be by that process.

Wrath wouldn't die just yet. Afterall, he IS also an important character. Even though he is a pain in the @$$, he is still important. He has yet to carry out his plan for Roy to open the Gate. Him dying would be a great opportunity for Roy to seize the position, but its still too early for that, don't you think?

So, I think Gluttony would be the next to die.
Koneko
Gluttony. Definately.
Tombow
I agree. I'm tired of Envy and I don't mind to see he/she/it go, but Gluttony will probably go next.
GaluxKitty
I think that it'll be this order:

The next to die will be Gluttony, followed by Envy, then Sloth, then Wrath, then Pride. While you haven't even seen Sloth yet, I think Wrath too essential to the Military plot to go yet even tho I really want to see him suffer....
Neko_Nayru
I think Gluttony is definetly gonna go, Envy...I don't know...we still don't know what Envy was created for, or maybe it was just to disgiuse himself as random people and get information and kill people, but I think Envy was created for another reason then that.
but gluttony is definetly gonna go...I can't think of any reasons why he will live...
nakagos bunny
Also, the Sins need to die in the way apparently the Bible says (I've read the Bible but don't remember this part....). So Gluttony you all say has to die by eating filth, snakes, etc. Well I guess Envy's true form could be the snake.

Now you said Envy has to die by freezing, well, there isn't any way he can freeze now that I can see. More evidence I think he's sticking around.

Personally, I used to like Envy as a character because I thought he added fun to the series, I usually like a villain. I don't like him too much anymore for my own personal reasons (and no it's not about Hughes.XD). But anyway, I still don't think she should keep him around for too much longer because he's been around so long. I don't like to see a character just over-used. Sometimes a character runs it's course and you need to let them go out with a blaze of glory.

I certainly hope he doesn't end up redeemed. It wouldn't be fair after all he's done. I'd be pretty pissed if he got away with all he's done while Greed was killed like he was when he seemed to have more of a heart than Envy.

I do think Envy is pretty bish in his favorite form. Not the best bishie I've ever seen, but good enough.
Tyoria
I was gonna say Gluttony, but having been beaten to the punch by every other poster on this thread, it feels a little redundant. Nonetheless I can't shake the feeling that he's gonna get offed by Father (or possibly one of the other homunculi) for being a liability -- he swallowed one of the sacrifices, plus he led a bunch of humans into the lair, so I imagine Father would be a bit displeased. Or maybe Pride or something, but either way, I think he's in trouble.

QUOTE(nakagos bunny @ Oct 26 2005, 10:42 AM) [snapback]304611[/snapback]

Also, the Sins need to die in the way apparently the Bible says (I've read the Bible but don't remember this part....). So Gluttony you all say has to die by eating filth, snakes, etc. Well I guess Envy's true form could be the snake.

The deaths of the sins aren't in the Bible (yes, the FMA wikipedia page has it wrong). They're in Dante's Divine Comedy, which lays out the levels of hell and whatnot.

I like Envy, creepy-ass androgyny and ugly-as-sin (pun unintentional) "true form" aside. In the anime (which I saw first) I wound up hating him by the time the ending rolled around so I sort of liked manga Envy for being so completely... different, except for the evil part apparently. Though at least in the manga he's not actively working to screw his fellow homunculi over. Personally, I'd find it great if he were redeemed, but I don't think it looks particularly likely at this time. I wish Greed had lived too, he was badass. I'm hoping there's some maybe-possible chance of "Father" making a "new" Greed? Or seeing him in a flashback or something...
nakagos bunny
QUOTE(Tyoria @ Oct 26 2005, 06:53 PM) [snapback]304715[/snapback]

I like Envy, creepy-ass androgyny and ugly-as-sin (pun unintentional) "true form" aside. In the anime (which I saw first) I wound up hating him by the time the ending rolled around so I sort of liked manga Envy for being so completely... different, except for the evil part apparently. Though at least in the manga he's not actively working to screw his fellow homunculi over. Personally, I'd find it great if he were redeemed, but I don't think it looks particularly likely at this time. I wish Greed had lived too, he was badass. I'm hoping there's some maybe-possible chance of "Father" making a "new" Greed? Or seeing him in a flashback or something...

I don't know why everyone thinks Envy is so androgynous. Other than the voice in the anime being girly, I don't see it.

He has no chest, no eyelashes which women or very girly anime men have, doesn't dress really girl-ish. I mean, the skort thing....or skirt with a loincloth over it or whatever.....that might be, but most girls wouldn't wear those handsock things, and it's just a plain black outfit. I think he's pretty boy-ish looking, like a teenaged boy with long hair and delicate bishounen features. Not much girly at all.

Especially with the attitude (no offense, guys.XD).

If he was redeemed, I think it would be too hokey, and sappy, but that's just me. Wouldn't really fit with the character.

I doubt we'll see Greed again. Like many writers, I think Arakawa has certain characters she just wants to get in and get out as soon as possible. I think Greed was one of these, why I don't know given he was cool. But, it happens.
Sensenic
QUOTE(nakagos bunny @ Oct 27 2005, 02:09 AM) [snapback]304756[/snapback]

QUOTE(Tyoria @ Oct 26 2005, 06:53 PM) [snapback]304715[/snapback]

I wish Greed had lived too, he was badass. I'm hoping there's some maybe-possible chance of "Father" making a "new" Greed? Or seeing him in a flashback or something...

I doubt we'll see Greed again. Like many writers, I think Arakawa has certain characters she just wants to get in and get out as soon as possible. I think Greed was one of these, why I don't know given he was cool. But, it happens.

Now, what about Book in Figure Black? a Gaiden about the hommunculi, and, following the logic we've seen in the other 2, about their past...

Boy am I so much looking forward to read this one... *waits eagerly*
Automne
I second what Sensenic said! This is the only gaiden of FMA I'm waiting for! As an obsessed fan of the homunculus, I must have it! I wonder where I'll buy it though... ._.
Tyoria
QUOTE(nakagos bunny @ Oct 26 2005, 08:09 PM) [snapback]304756[/snapback]

I don't know why everyone thinks Envy is so androgynous.

It's less his skort and more his "dunno" reply to the gender question.

If he was redeemed, I think it would be too hokey, and sappy, but that's just me. Wouldn't really fit with the character.

You may be right, I must say I had a little more hope though before he confessed to killing that child to start the Ishbal war.
Automne
QUOTE(Tyoria Posted Today @ 02:46 AM)
QUOTE(nakagos bunny @ Oct 26 2005 @ 08:09 P)
I don't know why everyone thinks Envy is so androgynous.

It's less his skort and more his "dunno" reply to the gender question.

Actually, it's more about the skirt thing, or at least, that's why everyone thinks Envy is a girl...Not everyone read his/her reply to the gender question.

That's why this guy caused so much sexuality confusion especially for me.

But like I said, the only one who knows Envy's true gender is Arakawa, and we need to have her answer on the subject to be truly sure...

And I do not think Greed was much nicer than Envy. He just act like the sin he represents, nothing more. But maybe in the anime, he was better than the others, and I'm not so sure about that since I saw the end. I still think the homunculus the more human is Gluttony, both in the anime and the manga.
Sensenic
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Oct 27 2005, 12:12 PM) [snapback]305101[/snapback]

And I do not think Greed was much nicer than Envy. He just act like the sin he represents, nothing more. But maybe in the anime, he was better than the others, and I'm not so sure about that since I saw the end. I still think the homunculus the more human is Gluttony, both in the anime and the manga.

No, no, no. Please, no.

I know what you mean, and what's more, I agree with you about Gluttony, but...
(personal rant ensues, keep in mind that it's nothing personal against you, nor do I intend to flame, but I must take it out):
I'm sick of this... People using the word human to mean "good", "kind", "innocent" etc. And then attributing "evil", "problem" and "disaster" to sth external... just no.

Look: are Envy's psycho actions non-human? No, look at Kimbley or Barry, for example... And let's not get started with real people... Are Lust's manipulations and killing-at-convenience non-human? again the same. Is Greed's extreme greed a non-human trait? look at all those big (and not so big) corporations that they live only to make money and then more money out of it... Is Wrath's non-careness for his subordinates inhuman? Pffft... look at any war... Who are the ones dying, Presidents, Generals? Ooops, no.

People, assume it: mankind is free, "humanship" means "freedom of action", thus making us capable of ANY physically possible action. When you see someone save an orphan is a human act, indeed...
But when you see a psycho killing lots of people, the comment "that's inhuman!" can be easily heard. WHY? It was a human who did it. And he wasn't the first and, unfortunately, most probably won't be the last... It is a human act too, assume it. Denying it won't change anything. We must assume people DO kill, it is a human act, and try to prevent it.
Another: when you see someone do sth really evil for an ideal people blame the ideal (religions, capitalism, communism, nazism, you-name-it-ism, doesn't matter)... but who did make up the ideal? Human people. And who did interpret that that ideal meant to do sth that "evil"? Guess... A human. And, again, it won't be the last. Putting the blame on the ideal won't change anything since, as you see, not depending on the ideal, but rather depending on the person, "evil" things are done anyway. In the name of X or Y or noone, but they're still done.

My point is... we, humans, out of cowardice and fear and denial of knowing the possibility that the closest person to you may go "bad" any day, instead of assuming that humans do things considered (by other humans) as good or as evil, tend to put the blame on sth external: The Devil, the Physical Temptation, Money, Weapons, Capitalism, Communism, Evil Spirits, etc, etc, etc. Just because of the incapability of assuming that it was a human the one behind it, the incapability of bearing with that idea...

There is nothing inherently evil: money does not make people greedy -> money is a tool of change and some (previously) greedy people greed for it as the tool for getting things it is. If there was not money but... who knows, butter, people would say butter is an invention of the Devil and makes people Greedy.
Same with weapons. Weapons do not kill anybody-> humans do it, by using them. If there were no weapons, wouldn't there be any killing? Hell no. People would kill in other ways. Plus... who did invent weapons? Aha. And what for? Aha. (and I'm not defending the NRA, mind you. I'm completely against them)
Etc.
And when I say nothing inherently evil, I include humans too, of course: There's also, indeed, people who say humans are inherently evil.... then why do people do good things? Then why is the word "human" used to mean "good", "benevolent", whatsoever? People is not evil, people is not good. People is FREE of action and that makes this person "evil" and that person "good".
(end of rant)

OK, I'm sorry. I promess I'll go back to my fanboy self. It's just that I needed to spit it out recently, and it came out here. If it is really offending or troublesome or whatever, tell me and I'll edit it out.

Gomen sleep.gif
Automne
Wait, wait, wait! I didn't mean anything like this about Gluttony: 'good', 'innocent', etc! That's too much! You took it the wrong way! XD

And I understand and I completly agree with what you said about humans. Unfortunatly, it's like this. It can't change and it will lead human kind toward its complete destruction, I'm not sure I will live to see that but I'm sure of that.
One thing that I really hate is the way some people treat animals (Just go and read the 'Please Watch this' thread) but hey, what can I do about this, even if I absolutly hate these people (And god I know how numerous they are and I know how immature I must sound right now because I didn't meet any of them so I don't know why they're doing it) I can't say I'm not the same as them just...because...I swore more than once these guys would suffer a lot if they even crossed my path but of course, I'm not sure I would do this but who knows... ph34r.gif
Now, if I even offended someone too, I'm sorry, tell me and I will edit it out.
Sensenic
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Oct 27 2005, 03:35 PM) [snapback]305116[/snapback]

Wait, wait, wait! I didn't mean anything like this about Gluttony: 'good', 'innocent', etc! That's too much! You took it the wrong way! XD

Are? blink.gif Wheren't you comparing goodness/evilness, nice-guy-ness, etc? I know you didn't mean Gluttony is a good person, but I thought you meant he's the "goodest", or similar...

Anyway, as I see it, Gluttony is the most "innocent" of them indeed (*points to that theory someone posted about Gluttony's innocence*). I'm not saying he's a "good" person, he's innocent like a child, and sometimes innocence and children can be really, REALLY cruel (tabete ii? ph34r.gif).
As for humanness, I say the 7 of them (or, at least, the 5 we know enough) are all 'human' indeed.

As for the rant, your comment (or rather, what I understood from it) was just the last drop, the glass was filled long before happy.gif. I just put it here like I could've put it elsewhere.
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Oct 27 2005, 03:35 PM) [snapback]305116[/snapback]

And I understand and I completly agree with what you said about humans. Unfortunatly, it's like this. It can't change and it will lead human kind toward its complete destruction, I'm not sure I will live to see that but I'm sure of that.
One thing that I really hate is the way some people treat animals (Just go and read the 'Please Watch this' thread) but hey, what can I do about this, even if I absolutly hate these people (And god I know how numerous they are and I know how immature I must sound right now because I didn't meet any of them so I don't know why they're doing it) I can't say I'm not the same as them just...because...I swore more than once these guys would suffer a lot if they even crossed my path but of course, I'm not sure I would do this but who knows... ph34r.gif
Now, if I even offended someone too, I'm sorry, tell me and I will edit it out.

It's the ranting thread! Let's all complain, bitch and moan! Let's paaahtaaay!!! laugh.gif
-ehem- sorry sleep.gif

I'm afraid I dunno what thread you are referring to (I made a search for 'Please Watch this' but only this post came up happy.gif).
As for the complete destruction... I'm not that pessimistic about it. I just believe (simplifying A LOT) that there will always be humans who do "good" things to improve the situation, and humans who'll do "bad" things to unimprove it. How will it end, I dare not say.
One could say "define good", tho'. "Define 'bad'". And that's why I said I simplified a lot. And if we started with this discussion, we could go on forever, so... better stop here. LOVE AND PEACE.
nakagos bunny
I don't have time to read the part about humans, but I agree, killing etc. is part of any species.

Unless we find out Greed killed a child and started a war and enjoyed that, or did something on that level, I don't think we can say Greed was as evil or more evil than Envy.

He also didn't treat Al as cruel as I would see Envy to do so, but I could be wrong. I don't know, I just personally would feel safer to be around Greed than Envy. tongue.gif

Also, it wouldn't be a good idea to redeem Envy. How do you think Hughes fans would feel?
Automne
QUOTE(Sensenic Posted Today @ 07:07 AM)
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Oct 27 2005 @ 03:35 PM)

Are? Wheren't you comparing goodness/evilness, nice-guy-ness, etc? I know you didn't mean Gluttony is a good person, but I thought you meant he's the "goodest", or similar...

Aaaah, yes! Actually, I thought you said I said (OMG! XD) Gluttony is a real good guy! XD No, I know about that 'innocence' and what I often wonder is: does Gluttony even know what he's doing when he's eating someone since he only follows Lust's orders? Hum yes I agree 'innocence' can be cruel! happy.gif;; But I said this about Gluttony because of the feelings he seems to have for Lust. He sees her like a mother. I don't really know if Lust cares for him like this though. I don't say the homunculus don't have any feeling, just that Gluttony is the one who expresses his the most, well at least, in my point of view.

QUOTE(nakagos bunny Posted Today @ 07:43 AM)
Also, it wouldn't be a good idea to redeem Envy. How do you think Hughes fans would feel?

Wait, when you mean 'redeem', you mean like huh...Make him come to the good side or something? mellow.gif My english is so bad! XD
Anyway, Hughes is dead soooo...It doesn't matter anymore XD...Wait, no! I didn't mean it! ph34r.gif but he's still dead though
nakagos bunny
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Oct 27 2005, 12:50 PM) [snapback]305135[/snapback]

QUOTE(nakagos bunny Posted Today @ 07:43 AM)

Wait, when you mean 'redeem', you mean like huh...Make him come to the good side or something? mellow.gif My english is so bad! XD
Anyway, Hughes is dead soooo...It doesn't matter anymore XD...Wait, no! I didn't mean it! ph34r.gif but he's still dead though

Yeah, I kinda think they might make him "turn good" or something. Definitley had the anime gone on, I think they would have, because of the whole "he's (sorta) Ed's and Al's brother" thing.

Personally, I don't always like to see a villain redeemed as then they become mellowed out and not fun anymore. Some characters just fill a villain role well, and don't fill a "remorseful person" or good guy role well. I don't think Envy would fit those roles well, personally.

Well I think Maes fans would be pretty angry if Envy just got away with killing him and never got his own payback.
biggrin.gif And now in the manga, with him admitting he killed the kid that started the Ishbal war, it wouldn't seem fair to Scar, etc. if he just got away with it either. I mean, sometimes no matter how much you like or enjoy a character, you know they need to face the music someday, and I think Envy does.XD
Nepharski
I despise Envy now; such a sadist. Responsible for the destruction of Ishvala, turning Scar into a killer (Thus killing Winry's parents and numerous State Alchemists), and killed Hughes. Envy doesn't have to die anytime soon, per say, but I demand retribution on this punk!

Gluttony will most likely be the next to go, probably for eating Envy and Ed (Father doesn't care about Ling ohmy.gif). We don't know enough about Sloth or Pride to make a distinction there, but I think Pride, at least, will survive untill the very end. I also think Bradley is going to live a while longer, maybe even redeem himself ("You've lived amonst humans for too long, Wrath." "...Perhaps.").
Automne
QUOTE(nakagos bunny Posted Oct 27 2005 @ 04:14 PM)
Well I think Maes fans would be pretty angry if Envy just got away with killing him and never got his own payback. biggrin.gif

I don't think Arakawa sensei needs the FMA fans' advice to decide what'll happen in the manga. Plus, sometimes, people just get away like this. That's life and FMA is really close to that. rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(nakagos bunny Posted Oct 27 2005 @ 04:14 PM)
And now in the manga, with him admitting he killed the kid that started the Ishbal war, it wouldn't seem fair to Scar, etc.

Ah yeah, Scar...He's going to die soon anyway ph34r.gif...I'm wayyy to hopeful. rolleyes.gif

Anyway, if Envy had to die, I want Ed to kill him. Ugly Mustang stays where he's. Ah yes, talking about Mustang, even if Lust was a villain, fans liked her. What do you think happened to Mustang? Nothing...Hahaha...Anyway, I swear that, very soon, he'll feel the wrath of my scissors ph34r.gif
nakagos bunny
But don't you think she cares if she pleases the fans even if she doesn't take advice from them?

Fans may have liked Lust, but she was still a villain so they knew she had to go, probably. Either that or change. But Hughes was a good guy, so many people don't like it that he died.

Why do you hate Scar, SinLuxuria? I think he's so cool. biggrin.gif

And Roy's still hot....in more ways than one. wink.gif

The only one I hate is Father for killing Greed.><

I thought Gluttony would die from exploding or something like that, from eating serpent-like Envy form, but maybe Father will kill him too.
Automne
QUOTE(nakagos bunny Posted Today @ 11:29 AM)
But don't you think she cares if she pleases the fans even if she doesn't take advice from them?

Well, she killed Maes Hughes who was liked by the fans so she didn't really please them. ohmy.gif Arakawa can surprise her fans in a good or bad way. Let's take an example: EdWin or Royai: There are already plenty of hints Mustang and Hawkeye or Winry and Ed are going to end up together. Well, I wouldn't be so surprised if Arakawa sensei suddenly does something and...Boom...No pairing. That's just an example.

Fans may have liked Lust, but she was still a villain so they knew she had to go, probably. Either that or change. But Hughes was a good guy, so many people don't like it that he died.

They should have known he had to go too. The guy was working in the military, not in a convent. Plus, I'll say he sort of looked for it. He knew what he was getting himself into...No...Forget that...Arakawa knew what she was doing so Hughes fans should hate her, right? biggrin.gif She was the one controlling Envy's actions after all.

Why do you hate Scar, SinLuxuria? I think he's so cool.

Hum, don't know. It's just like Mustang. There's something not right about this character. dry.gif

And Roy's still hot....in more ways than one. wink.gif

Lust had a stronger effect on me. ohmy.gif

I thought Gluttony would die from exploding or something like that, from eating serpent-like Envy form, but maybe Father will kill him too.

Maybe Envy is a fire breathing dragon so maybe he'll burn Gluttony's inside? ph34r.gif
nakagos bunny
Let's take an example: EdWin or Royai: There are already plenty of hints Mustang and Hawkeye or Winry and Ed are going to end up together. Well, I wouldn't be so surprised if Arakawa sensei suddenly does something and...Boom...No pairing. That's just an example.

True. Like Digimon season 2 and all their hints of Kari and T.K., only to have both marry strangers in the end. I don't really care about either of these FMA pairings, though. I actually think it would be funny if she did a Digimon and Roy marries Winry and Ed marries Rose or something.XD But, of course, I would be in the minority....^^;;

Lust had a stronger effect on me.

She is hot, yes. One of the few anime females I could be attracted to. Winry, Rose, Riza...they do nothing for me, but Lust yes.XD

Maybe Envy is a fire breathing dragon so maybe he'll burn Gluttony's inside?

Possibly. I don't know the ways Gluttony is supposed to die though, other than I read on this board something about eating filth, rats and snakes.... blink.gif I don't know the story of the seven sins other than a little of what I read in the Bible, and that's only which ones they are and to avoid them.XD
Sir Ilpalazzo
True. Like Digimon season 2 and all their hints of Kari and T.K., only to have both marry strangers in the end. I don't really care about either of these FMA pairings, though. I actually think it would be funny if she did a Digimon and Roy marries Winry and Ed marries Rose or something.XD But, of course, I would be in the minority....^^;;

I know that this is completely unrelated to the topic at hand, but I'd just like to point out that Hikari and Takeru never even had any relationship other than being just friends. The "relationship" was just something the hackjob dub added in, and never existed in the actual show.

ON-TOPIC: Gluttony is definitely going to die next, which is sad because he's my favorite. I was expecting Envy to die, but now that Ed seems to know a way out of the fake gate, Envy'll probably live.

I'm looking forward to the confrontation with Father, though.
nakagos bunny
Those scenes where they kinda flirted were all made up by the dub? blink.gif Ah well, I still think they made a cute couple. Plus, Daisuke/Davis was always jealous of T.K. over Kari...I thought.....

I like Gluttony too, but again, we have a humunculous with no fangirl appeal, so....therefore he has to go I guess.....I really do believe the deaths will go like that. By fangirl appeal.

Let's look at the list:

-Greed: First to go, like I've said, handsome but not "pretty boy" style.

-Lust: Next to go, a woman, not appealing to most girls.

-Gluttony: Probably next to go, obviously not appealing sexually.

I'd say then by this pattern, next to go will be:

-Wrath

-Sloth

-Pride

Then Envy, if he actually dies.

About the humans vs. humunculus talk, I was thinking, I think the difference between the humans and the humunculus is, the humans are supposed to have a moral compass whereas the humunculus do not.

The sins seem to act simply on instinct. Gluttony for instance has no discretion of who he kills. He live simply to eat. Greed was controlled also by his name's sin.

The humans who did bad things though had more reason than that.

Tucker was an ass, but I do believe he was driven insane by the pressures of being a state alchemist. You only had to look at him to see he was supposed to be out of his mind.

I don't know why Barry was like he was, maybe cutting up animals all the time drove him insane? I mean, who would enjoy being a butcher anyway? It has to be depressing. Sure, he said he enjoyed it, but did he?

I don't know Kimblee very well so I don't know his reasons.

But there is probably hope that these people could have been changed or never ended up that way, but the Sins would always be the way they are. You could not reason with them. That's the difference.
Automne
QUOTE(nakagos bunny Posted Yesterday @ 05:10 PM)
Possibly. I don't know the ways Gluttony is supposed to die though, other than I read on this board something about eating filth, rats and snakes.... blink.gif I don't know the story of the seven sins other than a little of what I read in the Bible, and that's only which ones they are and to avoid them.XD

Hum. Envy's nickname for Ling is Slanty eyes, right? My english is not great but is he comparing him to a rat? Or something close to that? And let's not forget Ed is small...like a rat! XD

QUOTE(nakagos bunny Posted Today @ 08:59 AM)
About the humans vs. humunculus talk, I was thinking, I think the difference between the humans and the humunculus is, the humans are supposed to have a moral compass whereas the humunculus do not.

The sins seem to act simply on instinct. Gluttony for instance has no discretion of who he kills. He live simply to eat. Greed was controlled also by his name's sin.

Hum, yes. That must be it but I never saw Lust wanting to sleep with every guy crossing her path and Envy, even if he certainly is, never acted envious if I remember correctly. And there is Wrath too. He always look so calm and sometimes...How to put it, 'joyeful'. It must be fake though.

QUOTE(nakagos bunny Posted Today @ 08:59 AM)
Tucker was an ass, but I do believe he was driven insane by the pressures of being a state alchemist. You only had to look at him to see he was supposed to be out of his mind.

I don't know why Barry was like he was, maybe cutting up animals all the time drove him insane? I mean, who would enjoy being a butcher anyway? It has to be depressing. Sure, he said he enjoyed it, but did he?

I don't know Kimblee very well so I don't know his reasons.

Some just take a sort of sick pleasure by doing it, you know. Tucker's love for science was certainly too strong. Barry just needed to do it, he liked it, let's not put it in a sexual way (Or maybe it is?). Certainly same for Kimblee. And sometimes you can not reason with these people ever. Of course, I don't say they wanted to end up that way. Mind is a very complicated thing and human is surprising (Sometimes in a 'disgusting' way. I don't need to put any example?).
nakagos bunny
Hum. Envy's nickname for Ling is Slanty eyes, right? My english is not great but is he comparing him to a rat? Or something close to that? And let's not forget Ed is small...like a rat! XD

I never thought of that, that could be it. But, what's the filth?XD Are Ed and Ling dirty?XD Maybe. Heh, they can get "dirty" together. wink.gif You say your English is not great but I would never have known until you said that you have another main language so it is good.^^

Hum, yes. That must be it but I never saw Lust wanting to sleep with every guy crossing her path and Envy, even if he certainly is, never acted envious if I remember correctly. And there is Wrath too. He always look so calm and sometimes...How to put it, 'joyeful'. It must be fake though.

They kinda tried to make Envy envious in the anime over Ed. I know most people don't but I prefer the anime incarnation of Envy to the manga because he seem to have more depth/motivation. And I know most people hate kid Wrath but I actually like him. I think he's interesting.

Wrath probably carries a hate within him, he is the one who helped bring Greed down and is there at his death right? He seemed pretty cold there and I think it would take a hateful person to be able to enjoy all that which I think he seemed to.

Nepharski
I think Wrath and Pride will be the last standing Homunculi. Ed's plan to escape from the fake Truth obviously have something to do with Envy's PS, so maybe Envy will get sacrificed to open the gate from the truth to the real world or something (Hey! If you can open a gate from the world to the Truth, you should be able to apply that logic backwards).

QUOTE(nakagos bunny @ Oct 30 2005, 07:59 AM) [snapback]306442[/snapback]

Because they lack a soul, Homunculi are reduced to sociopaths.
nakagos bunny
If Envy doesn't survive, I do agree Pride will be last to go because by the Bible, Pride is the deadliest of the seven sins.

Envy will have to freeze to death, from what I heard.
Automne
QUOTE(Nepharski Posted Today @ 01:03 PM)
Ed's plan to escape from the fake Truth obviously have something to do with Envy's PS, so maybe Envy will get sacrificed to open the gate from the truth to the real world or something (Hey! If you can open a gate from the world to the Truth, you should be able to apply that logic backwards).

I highly doubt it. It's a fake Gate and Envy stated there wasn't any exit so maybe Father will do something or maybe there is actually an exit but I doubt it's the Gate. And I doubt Ed would want to sacrifice Envy like this. He hates him, yes, but it seems like the guy can't bring himself to kill anyone no matter what they did and after what he saw, (The people on Envy's body, Nina.) he'd certainly hesitate even more.

QUOTE(nakagos bunny Posted Today @ 10:36 AM)
I never thought of that, that could be it. But, what's the filth?XD

Maybe it's the place that is filth? XD Gluttony's stomach does look like a sewer after all! XD

QUOTE(nakagos bunny Posted Today @ 10:36 AM)
Maybe. Heh, they can get "dirty" together. wink.gif

Aaaah! ohmy.gif That's an idea but it would be nothing if there wasn't Envy in it too! Aaargh! Crack bunnies just started attacking my brain! T_T

And I too like Anime!Envy better. His sexyness is so much powerful than the manga's own and his relationship with Ed is so..Oh my god, sorry! XD Let's say he's much more developped and his character is very interesting. I don't get why people hate anime!Wrath so much. Come on! He's just a kid! These people also complained about Al's attitude toward the end. They are both just kid sooo...Anyway.

Hum, I wonder toward who or what Wrath could feel hate. Of course, this is certainly because of the sin he represents...Hey, maybe he hates homunculus and likes humans in secret! XD
nakagos bunny
It's funny, but from what I've seen, I like manga's Greed better than the anime counterpart, but Envy's anime counterpart better than his manga version. biggrin.gif

Envy is definitley hotter in the anime because he's a bit more buff, in the manga he's skinnier and almost childlike esp. in the body.

And I doubt Ed would want to sacrifice Envy like this. He hates him, yes, but it seems like the guy can't bring himself to kill anyone no matter what they did and after what he saw, (The people on Envy's body, Nina.) he'd certainly hesitate even more.

So manga Ed is a pacifist who never kills? I haven't seen the ep yet, but I know in the anime he kills Greed. So I'm assuming that Ed doesn't have issues with killing if it's a non-human.

I wouldn't want to kill either, but Ed has to get like Xena's Gabrielle and realize that sometimes you have to kill for the greater good.

For Ed yaoi, I prefer Ed/Mustang or Ed/Al. biggrin.gif And for Envy, I like anime Wrath or Greed. I have a good Greed/Envy doujin where Envy pretends to be Ed for a while as Greed and him go at it. And a really dirty Envy/Greed and Envy/Wrath one. It even has Envy/Father!

I don't get why people hate anime!Wrath so much.

I know, he's so cute. I think because he tried to kill Izumi or something and they say he's whiny. But he's just a screwed up kid.
Automne
QUOTE(nakagos bunny Posted Yesterday @ 02:40 PM)
So manga Ed is a pacifist who never kills? I haven't seen the ep yet, but I know in the anime he kills Greed. So I'm assuming that Ed doesn't have issues with killing if it's a non-human.

I wouldn't want to kill either, but Ed has to get like Xena's Gabrielle and realize that sometimes you have to kill for the greater good.

Aha, just wait to see that episode, dear! smile.gif ( And please be careful with spoilers: [ spoiler ] your spoiler [ /spoiler ] just get rid of the spaces wink.gif) You'll see Ed is as respectful toward non-humans than humans. And I always saw Ed as a slow learner sleep.gif no just kidding, poor kid! :sigh: he acts stupid sometimes though
Hum, maybe Ling will be the one killing Envy even if it seems he wants to capture him to know the secret of immortality. Hey, maybe he'll do this and keep Envy alive just for that reason! ohmy.gif

For Ed yaoi, I prefer Ed/Mustang or Ed/Al. And for Envy, I like anime Wrath or Greed. I have a good Greed/Envy doujin where Envy pretends to be Ed for a while as Greed and him go at it. And a really dirty Envy/Greed and Envy/Wrath one. It even has Envy/Father!

Scan them and gimme! ph34r.gif I'll give you one of my doujins in exchange...Yeah...Equivalent exchange! XD
Sensenic
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Oct 30 2005, 05:36 PM) [snapback]306445[/snapback]

Must I say, that nick's not Envy's exclusive, Barry at least (dunno if someone else too, now) calls him that way espontanioulsy. Plus, it has nothing to do with rats: in the original they both say "ito me" which literally translates as "thread eyes", that is, his eyes are thin like thread.

This joke, I found it really funny in the original, cuz it is a japanese person here who is putting herself in the "role" of western rude people who'd certainly make fun of that distinctive trait.
Automne
^ Thanks for the info! But what is a thread? :goes to look in her english dictionnary: Oh yes, indeed... XD Yee I learned two new english words!...Hum... Me too, I think this is a funny nickname (Hehe, I remember this icon with Ling on it saying 'Lord Slanty Eyes') but I didn't know some western people like this. ohmy.gif Well, we corsicans are certainly no better sleep.gif
nakagos bunny
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Oct 31 2005, 05:17 PM) [snapback]307310[/snapback]

For Ed yaoi, I prefer Ed/Mustang or Ed/Al. And for Envy, I like anime Wrath or Greed. I have a good Greed/Envy doujin where Envy pretends to be Ed for a while as Greed and him go at it. And a really dirty Envy/Greed and Envy/Wrath one. It even has Envy/Father!

Scan them and gimme! ph34r.gif I'll give you one of my doujins in exchange...Yeah...Equivalent exchange! XD

I would scan them in, but, I don't know how to use it.^^;;;; I don't know how to upload pictures without having to pay to do so. I'm pretty computer illiterate.

What pairings are your doujinshi?

Are you French, btw?
Tombow
QUOTE(nakagos bunny @ Oct 31 2005, 07:08 PM) [snapback]307473[/snapback]

I would scan them in, but, I don't know how to use it.^^;;;; I don't know how to upload pictures without having to pay to do so. I'm pretty computer illiterate.

It's completely OT, but...
You can get FREE photo image hosting accounts, such as Photobucket.com: http://photobucket.com/register.php
You can pay to get better & bigger account also, but IMO for most casual photo posting, free account should do just fine. happy.gif

BTW, to post pic on this board, find this symbol IPB Image alongside B, I , U, S, etc., then click, and copy in the Url of the pic. smile.gif

ETA: Sorry for the OT. Please resume our regular discussion. happy.gif
Automne
nakagos bunny: We'll talk about this in PM because I'm not sure you can post them here and yup, I'm french. To upload your pics, do like Tombow said or use http://imgeshack.us/
Now back on topic! happy.gif Woot for Ling's plans if it keeps Envy alive! XD
nakagos bunny
Thanks Tombow, I will try that. Oh, but I just remembered, it will take a while though for me to even try that because the cord that connects my printer to the net is broken.>< So sorry, SinLuxuria....but if you can scan in your pics for me, please do so.^^ My PM box should be working.

I kinda hope Envy dies because I may have cancer, so if I do I want to find out what happens before I go to the great beyond myself. If he dies, then there won't be anything more to happen to him for me to want to know about.XD;; Unless they bring him back to life....

Nepharski
QUOTE(nakagos bunny @ Nov 1 2005, 04:26 PM) [snapback]307883[/snapback]
I kinda hope Envy dies because I may have cancer, so if I do I want to find out what happens before I go to the great beyond myself. If he dies, then there won't be anything more to happen to him for me to want to know about.XD;; Unless they bring him back to life....

blink.gif

Woah, I hope you end up okay. One of my good friends has cancer, too.

Anyway, if Envy does eventually die, I doubt s/he'll be brought back. However you make a Homunculus, it obviously takes a bit of time and effort, otherwise I image Father would have more than just 7 (Now 5), and would have at least tried to bring back Lust.
Alchemist_of_Shadows
im in america and i just saw Greed die....that was very sad sad.gif....but i personally think the next homunculus to go will be Gluttony.
Tombow
@Alchemist_of_Shadows - ahem... you mean the anime??? The ep 34?? (Although, could be manga, too, since in both manga and anime Greed is dead now, though in different ways.)
Anyway, everyone is guessing the storyline for manga, but of course you know that, right??
Just checking. happy.gif
AA battery
I will guess Sloth because he is the most unlikely one to get killed next.
Sensenic
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Nov 6 2005, 04:24 AM) [snapback]309689[/snapback]

QUOTE(nakagos bunny @ Nov 1 2005, 04:26 PM) [snapback]307883[/snapback]

blink.gif

Woah, I hope you end up okay. One of my good friends has cancer, too.

No shit! I hope you can be healed too.

I had a friend who got cancer too, he did chemiotherapy (did I write this right? Not gonna check... sleep.gif) for about a year and he was cured. I really hope it'll be the same for you.
nakagos bunny
I haven't been diagnosed yet, but I'm pretty sure I have it because I have all the symptoms. They just have to do more heavy testing.

I don't care if I die, so long as I can have my Nakago things with me in the grave and I do believe in Heaven, so Nakago will be there for me, I hope. And I don't care if I sound crazy, I do have a huge crush on Nakago.XD

I hope your friends get well.
Nepharski
QUOTE(nakagos bunny @ Nov 6 2005, 01:03 PM) [snapback]309964[/snapback]

I haven't been diagnosed yet, but I'm pretty sure I have it because I have all the symptoms. They just have to do more heavy testing.

I don't care if I die, so long as I can have my Nakago things with me in the grave and I do believe in Heaven, so Nakago will be there for me, I hope. And I don't care if I sound crazy, I do have a huge crush on Nakago.XD

Mine did. He just got out, after about a year.

You don't fear death. That's quite the trait to have. Would that I had it.
AA battery
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Nov 6 2005, 05:35 PM) [snapback]310155[/snapback]

QUOTE(nakagos bunny @ Nov 6 2005, 01:03 PM) [snapback]309964[/snapback]

Mine did. He just got out, after about a year.

You don't fear death. That's quite the trait to have. Would that I had it.

That's quite some big words imo. (NOTE THE IMO).
I said the same thing before too but when I was actually diagnoised (yaya I can't spell I don't care >_>) with leukemia, I actually feared death so much more especially when the survival chance for kind of leukemia I had was so low..................

and was so glad that my brother had the matching bone marrow for me or else, I would probably be haunting this place instead of typing here.

and it's definately not surprising to know that so much people here had/have/will have cancer anyways, since statistics show that 1 out of 3 people will get some form of cancer in their lifetime. (sorry kids, didn't mean to scare you, but it's the truth.)

AND STOP GETTING OFF TOPIC ALREADY! Getting cancer is like part of your life now because of all the pollutions and radiation and all. I mean, getting SARS has a higher death rate than cancer, so cancer shouldn't even be that scary anymore nowadays.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.