Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Price Of Fma Dvds.
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > Original Japanese episodes (with sub)
Pages: 1, 2
Tombow
In my attempt to collect all FMA DVD threads into one sub-forum, I'm moving this thread from FMA Anime forum section front to FMA Anime American Japanese Audience sub-forum.
Nepharski
As long as this topic has been resurrected anyway, I read recently that Anime DVDs are more expensive in America because its still seen as a niche' interest, and company's need to turn a profit off a small drawing pool. There's a lot of us online, but in the real life, we're few and far in between, so higher prices are necessary to keep the industry going, or something like that.

Also, no matter how expensive Anime DVDs are in America, they're still cheaper than buying them in Japan.
Naivete
I recently found out that FMA Dvds were actually legally sold in Australia- I was pretty surprised happy.gif

One set (2 to 3 episodes (approx 1 to 1.5 hours)) is sold for AUS$30 in Target; not worth my money IMO. Dvds that run for the same time can be bought for half the price of that, and considering FMA is pretty old..
JoshP1389
1. Get a library card
2. Look in anime section of library
3. Go home and rip on PC
4. ????
5. PROFIT!!!

Seriously, I recently discovered the awesomeness of public libraries and now I hang out there and study for ACTs everday. wacko.gif
Nepharski
Anime at your local library? Mine carries a scratched disk of vol. 1 of Neon Genesis Evangelion. Does that count?
JoshP1389
Good enough. We even carry video games (all worth nothing but yeah.) 8)
ShadowCat17
I have a question. I want to buy the series, but I want to make sure it's what I want it to be. I don't like the dubs. Someone said earlier that the DVDs come with the option to put it on the original Japanese track with English subtitles? Now, are those subtitles actually directly *translated* from the Japanese like the fansubs are, or is it just the text from the English dub? If it was just the text from the dub then it would be crappy. In other words, is the sub on the official DVD a good one? If it is, then I'd like to know the best options for how/where to purchase the series. Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.