Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lin Fans! And Gring Fans!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Full Metal Elf
I LOVE Ling!!!!!!!! I could not believe there wasn't a thread for him yet............so I'm making one!!!!! He is too funny, and I love his smile (since he smiles a lot) happy.gif

Who else out there is a Ling fan!?
Jellybean
I <3 Ling. biggrin.gif He kind of annoyed me at first, but he's really grown on me in the last four chapters. Oh, and I loved that part in your sig.
Tombow
I think Ling is awsome!!
I, too was kind of annoyed by him for a while, like, "Go away, Ling!!" tongue.gif
But now, I'm completely sold. laugh.gif
He's sooo oriental in many ways, and I'm using this term in an admiring way!
And, he is very mature for his age, I think more so than Ed.
He and Ed are like Ying and Yang, so differnt, yet two of them are being a powerful combination!
Full Metal Elf
QUOTE(Jellybean @ Oct 21 2005, 01:58 AM) [snapback]302584[/snapback]

I <3 Ling. biggrin.gif He kind of annoyed me at first, but he's really grown on me in the last four chapters. Oh, and I loved that part in your sig.

Thanks! I loved that part too....it was too funny, so I had to put it in my sig wink.gif.

Yay for Ling fans!!!! Man! I wish he was in the Anime, but oh well, that only makes the Manga more fun! wink.gif.

nakagos bunny
He is cool.^^ So far I like what I've seen.
Ladymercury (unable to login)
I hated, well, I would say I hated... I disliked Ling when I first saw his appearance in the manga because I was totally lost on his PURPOSE to the story, but now, he's grown on me. He's a pretty cool character. I mean, he eleavates all the drama and emo and angst in the storyline <3
MasterKris
I luved him since he appeared!! laugh.gif He's hunger for food makes me want to laugh! It's too bad he didn't appear in the anime...
happy.gif
animefangirl
at first i thought he was stupidbut now he is the coolest charecter ever ! i am a huge ling fan and a strong suporter of lingx ranfan!
GS4Life
Ling is funny, very very powerful, and an absolutely kick ass character. He has some of the greatest moments in FMA, and is one of my five favorites(Ed, Winry, Ran Fan, and Barry would be the others in no order). It's pretty cool when he gets pissed too, the look in his eyes is badass. I will try to contain myself on appluading him for helping out Ran Fan, and yeah he's just an overall amazing guy. cool.gif
Toby-Chan
Heck yes, I like Ling! I was immediately fascinated from the first time I saw a picture of him, and caught a glimpse of that positively joyful Chichiri-ish grin. <3333's (Maybe I was just partial, being a Chichiri fangirl and all...)
Full Metal Elf
Hehehe....Yay for Ling fans!!!

He's so funny, I love his smile........he smiles all the time wink.gif.
GS4Life
Ling is an ideal God for eveyone. It's true just check out jobfinder.com go Ling!
Nepharski
Ling used to totally annoy me beyond reason, with that smile and his foolish quest for the PS and his "I haf truble wit thes langish" shpeal, but he's since grown on me so now I quite like him...especially after holding his own against Wrath.
Full Metal Elf
Oh yes! That fight with Wrath was awesome!!! smile.gif
Neko_Nayru
I love ling too.
I kied him when I first saw him..I liked his character very much happy.gif
I love the "squinty eyes" comment on him too laugh.gif
Sensenic
Wow, there be life out of the manga forum. Never dared outside happy.gifU
QUOTE(Full Metal Elf @ Oct 21 2005, 07:39 AM) [snapback]302569[/snapback]

Who else out there is a Ling fan!?

Points at sig.

Ling and Gluttony. That's my "fanship".

And yeah, at first I was also, "WTF, Ninjas?", "WTF, Ki?". If you add the fact that by that time I thought (I had been misinformed!) that the manga to be found at this page was all there was... It was the second last chapter and the author was introducing new charas?! blink.gif
I was completely puzzled at that time... But afterwards... What can I say? I particularly loved that scene on the train and the fact he keeps smiling to neutralize the evil eyes laugh.gif And, finally, the battle against Gluttony and Envy (points at sig again) completely sold me.
Kirara
Oh yes I love Ling. I've always liked him. At first I thought Ling was going to only to be there for comic relief (thus not a very important character). But I was proved wrong in the last couple chapters. Ling is an extremely amusing character but he is also an awesome character (just look at his fights) and a character you grow to care about. I also support Ling & Ran Fan (so cute) and I am glad Ed finally has a male friend his own age (besides Al). laugh.gif
Tombow
QUOTE(Kirara @ Oct 28 2005, 11:47 PM) [snapback]305892[/snapback]

... I am glad Ed finally has a male friend his own age (besides Al). laugh.gif

That's a very good point!! I have been used to seeing Ed surrounded by adults (besides Al,) but it's nice to see Ed with Ling. happy.gif
Full Metal Elf
Yes...that is a good point. Ed needed a friend that was his own age, and not his brother.

And Ling is sooo funny, but he kicked major butt agains Wrath!!!! I LOVED those fight scenes!!
Aoko-chan
I think he's AWESOME!!! Especially in that chapter with him vs. Wrath ^-^

And in GLuttony's stomach, he would put Ed's name down in the book when he became the emperor
Full Metal Elf
Haha...the things in Gluttony's stomach are soo funny!! Even the moment Envy appears...Ed begs Envy to show him a way out, and Ling is yelling at him for talking to the enemy like that happy.gif.

I hope we see more sword play with Ling...he's awesome with it!
mei_tenshi
Ling's great. I liked him from the start. Heck, I like all the new characters from Xing. They bring new flavor to the otherwise Euro-centric story. I would even go so far to say that in some ways, I like Ling better than Ed, but rabid fangirls scare me, so I won't. Not directly, anyhow. tongue.gif
Blitz
Ha, I'd have to say that Ling is my favorite Hagaren character at the moment! He's too loveable.
Am I the only perverted one for thinking his body in chapter47 is kind of HOT? unsure.gif
DustStorm
Hurrah for Squintyeyes!!
mei_tenshi
QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 30 2005, 08:25 PM) [snapback]306904[/snapback]

Am I the only perverted one for thinking his body in chapter47 is kind of HOT? unsure.gif

*goes to look*

-edit-
I remember thinking that he's more muscular than I expected, but I guess that makes sense if he's a trained fighter (and a mighty good one, to boot). However, I think I prefer him with his shirt on and with the squinty eyes. He's so goofy, in the most lovable way. tongue.gif
Hagane no Chibi-san
Yeah Ling is awesome!
I liked in the newest chapter (53) when he made the evil face....hehe....evil ling.

I also like the panda...the midget panda....*thinks* the name is...Xiao Mei!
Dingbat
Ooooh, I LOVE Ling and his Xingese entourage. Not only are they funny and adorable, they REALLY kick some butts. The fact that Ling is younger than Ed but taller always amuses me.
Tombow
I agree. Ling and his Xingese entourage are serious kick-butt fighters!! They are awsome!!
And, like mei_tenshi, I like all of the Xingese charcters in manga, including my faverite Panda!! happy.gif
Death 316
I love Ling. He is quite possible my favorite character next to Envy and Ed
Tombow
QUOTE(mei_tenshi @ Oct 30 2005, 02:48 PM) [snapback]306559[/snapback]

I would even go so far to say that in some ways, I like Ling better than Ed, but rabid fangirls scare me, so I won't. Not directly, anyhow. tongue.gif

Hehe, I see what you mean. happy.gif
Tho, I would dare to say that, IMO, adding caharacters from Xing, and to the extention, including Xing elenments in the story, has been one of the best developments in Fma manga stolyline to me.
Dingbat
Which is why the manga pwns the anime so badly
Blitz
QUOTE(Dingbat @ Nov 21 2005, 04:59 PM) [snapback]317966[/snapback]

I will second that.
mei_tenshi
QUOTE(Blitz @ Nov 21 2005, 02:22 PM) [snapback]317971[/snapback]

QUOTE(Dingbat @ Nov 21 2005, 04:59 PM) [snapback]317966[/snapback]

I will second that.

I third. There's so much more development, both in terms of the characters and the landscape. I mean, who knew there was a country outside of Amestris? rolleyes.gif
Dingbat
The fact that they include Xing makes the story that much more believable, compared to, say, Germany sleep.gif

Good to know that one country =/= The World
Tombow
QUOTE(Dingbat @ Nov 21 2005, 07:38 PM) [snapback]318058[/snapback]

The fact that they include Xing makes the story that much more believable, compared to, say, Germany sleep.gif

Gahahaha!! That was a good one!! (And, deadly!!) laugh.gif
And, I'm one of those who still like both watching anime and reading manga, but I got to agree with that!! XD
Full Metal Elf
^^^ Same with me..I still love both..the Manga is AWESOME!!! And the Anime is just fun! happy.gif....I like both for different reasons wink.gif
The Krazy one
Ling = the sexy
Makes me proud to be asian sometimes. He's just SO HILARIOUS. I love guys who make me laugh.
I like him better than Ed. laugh.gif
But not as much as I love Greed and Scar! *Hugs them*
The Great Asparagus
YAY LING!!!!

haha he's so cool. his way to get food in a "foreign nation" cracked me up. biggrin.gif and its really funny that his explanation for why he's all so smiley was cuz then his puny eyes won't be so obvious. ahahaha that ling...
Full Metal Elf
YAY for the Ling fans!!! Ling is awesome...can't wait for the next chapter!!! hehe happy.gif

That fight with Wrath though....Ling kicked major butt...I want to see another fight!
vfdj42
I'm not much of the manga reader (I don't like reading it online), but I read part of Ling's opening chapter, and I liked him. I'm compelled to read more.
kaizenyorii
QUOTE(vfdj42 @ Dec 1 2005, 10:52 PM) [snapback]322802[/snapback]

I'm not much of the manga reader (I don't like reading it online), but I read part of Ling's opening chapter, and I liked him. I'm compelled to read more.

you should read the manga. you have no idea how much youre missing out
Tombow
QUOTE(kaizenyorii @ Dec 1 2005, 11:10 PM) [snapback]322882[/snapback]

QUOTE(vfdj42 @ Dec 1 2005, 10:52 PM) [snapback]322802[/snapback]

you should read the manga. you have no idea how much youre missing out

I second that!! Manga has awsome storylines and awsome characters, and Ling is an excelent example!! happy.gif
MasterKris
OMG!! SOMETHING TERRIBLE HAS HAPPENED TO OUR LING!! OMG!! GO READ THE NEW CHAPTER NOW!!
Toby-Chan
Where can it be found? I had no idea 54 was even out yet! o.o
mei_tenshi
Where, or where is it? Is there anywhere that produces chaptors faster than the MSN group?
MasterKris
Go to the manga section in chapter 54 and search for the link.
OMG!!!!!!!! LING!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
kaizenyorii
hahahahhahha this thread may take a big hit after the happenings of chapter 54
MasterKris
hahahahhahha this thread may take a big hit after the happenings of chapter 54

So true! biggrin.gif
WAIT?? blink.gif WHAT AM I SMILING FOR?? LING!!!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Time to renew our manga 'wink wink' pictures all ova....
kaizenyorii
all i can say is ran fans in for a nasty suprise.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.