Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So Where Did Rose's Last Name Come From?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > Original Japanese episodes (with sub)
NeoKakashi
I've seen tons of fans refer to her as "Rose Thomas," but I'm positive her last name wasn't stated in the series.
Reika
O.o I don't recall ever reading or hearing that... where did you read that?
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Reika @ Oct 20 2005, 05:36 PM) [snapback]302254[/snapback]

O.o I don't recall ever reading or hearing that... where did you read that?

It's in the manga.
Reika
REally? Where¿?
NeoKakashi
I just read chapters one and two last night, and I don't recall a last name being mentioned.
Reika
I've read them 5 times too and I don't recall it there either, that's why I asked.
Carnal Malefactor
OHHH! Now I remember! It was in the GBA game.
NeoKakashi
Hmmm. I suppose it's non-canon then.
Reika
GBA game? I have two games for GBA and Roze doesn't appear :s... I haven't passed all the games so she may appear later on though, where do they say it?
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Reika @ Oct 21 2005, 06:29 PM) [snapback]302785[/snapback]

GBA game? I have two games for GBA and Roze doesn't appear :s... I haven't passed all the games so she may appear later on though, where do they say it?

It was in the first game they released.
Elderberry
I'm pretty sure her full name has been listed as "Rose Thomas" in a few of those anime guide books or something, too...
Ouro-boros
wow, I never heared of this either happy.gif
Dai
Roze appears in GBA game 1, but I played it at japanese, so I don't know if her surname is mencioned...
Reika
yeah, I played it too, in fact, I think I was the one that sent you the games XD, and I can't recall her surname... I don't think Arakawa gave her a surname either... she doesn't seem she's going to appear again in the manga.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Dai @ Oct 22 2005, 10:32 AM) [snapback]303024[/snapback]

Roze appears in GBA game 1, but I played it at japanese, so I don't know if her surname is mencioned...

She mentions it when they're first introduced.

I didn't get very far in that game, so that's one of the few things I can remember.
Toby-Chan
It was also mentioned in one of the earlier Newtype articles on FMA that introduced Liore.
Dai
QUOTE(Reika @ Oct 22 2005, 10:49 PM) [snapback]303099[/snapback]

yeah, I played it too, in fact, I think I was the one that sent you the games XD

no you wasn't XD because I downloaded the first GBA rom before you even know about the FMA anime XD

But in that time I didn't know katakana so I didn't get the names.
FMA23
That was always her last name. Its in the FMA FanBook number 1 But truthfull that didn't stick with me....untill you mentioned it I totaly forgot she had a last name...haha biggrin.gif
supersonic1990
They also say her name (Full name-Rose Thomas in the American version of the Fullmetal Alchemist Anime Profile Book. I wonder why they didn't put it in the anime what-so-ever :?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.