Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your Weight?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Carnal Malefactor
I saw a chart today that said the median weight for American males my age [22] was only 168 lbs [76 kg]. Of course, this isn't height-adjusted, and the median implies that there are as many that weigh more [if not significantly more] than those who weigh less. The number rises substantially with age [comes closer to 190 for a 45-year-old], which leads me to believe that we really let ourselves go as a country when we hit middle age.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I have no idea how much I weigh because I just go in sight. Yes, Americans are fat, no suprise because we're also lazy.

Me? I'm no where near fat since I have a high metabolism and have to work to keep weight on most of the time, that and I'm fairly active. Not as active as I used to be now that I'm working a desk job that I drive too and from every day. Even so, I'm nowhere near fat.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Envy @ Oct 20 2005, 04:47 PM) [snapback]302226[/snapback]

I have no idea how much I weigh because I just go in sight. Yes, Americans are fat, no suprise because we're also lazy.

Me? I'm no where near fat since I have a high metabolism and have to work to keep weight on most of the time, that and I'm fairly active. Not as active as I used to be now that I'm working a desk job that I drive too and from every day. Even so, I'm nowhere near fat.

The interesting thing is that there are more obese men than women. I find this odd, since men are the ones doing more manual labor, and don't suffer the weight gain associated with childbirth. We eat more fatty foods, but exercise offsets that... or it should.
StrawberryShampoo
Okay, so I'm not middle-aged but I still feel like posting my opinion.

I agree that there are quite a few people who are well...horizontally challenged. There are a lot where I live...and they always seem to wear tight clothing....at least they are comfortable enough with themselves to wear it. (I'm not.)

I've been told that I'm really skinny for my age and height but I personally don't think so. I recently lost a few pounds since I dropped a lot of stuff out of my diet.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Envy @ Oct 20 2005, 04:47 PM) [snapback]302226[/snapback]

I envy people with good metabolism. Mine sucks ass, so I have to work really hard to keep my weight down. T_T
Blitz
I'm in the 90-109 range. I'm twelve about to be thirteen. So I guess I'm average. I don't excersise too much...
Guest_Strawberryshampoo_*
Yeah, I'm going on 16 and I'm around 110 pounds.
Riza-Hawkeye
Last time I check I was below the 89 range, not by much though...Couple of pounds... My friends actually can't believe my weight especially since I spend most of my day gobbling up food... >_<
Blitz
Riza-Hawkeye: LOL How old are you? You're really light.
Aog
Im about 136 lbs. Im 13 so thats about averge.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Oct 20 2005, 12:55 PM) [snapback]302230[/snapback]

The interesting thing is that there are more obese men than women. I find this odd, since men are the ones doing more manual labor, and don't suffer the weight gain associated with childbirth. We eat more fatty foods, but exercise offsets that... or it should.

Men eat horribly though. Almost all the men I know have a diet of fatty, processed foods. Junk food, insta food, etc. While the women I know eat much better food. More fresh and homemade rather than out of the freezer. My ex would have a bag of chips for dinner sometimes and yes, I did try to cook for his thankless ass but he perfered junk. With eating habits like these it's no suprise that men are more overweight than women. That and the fact that society expects women to look good all the time while men can go around with a big dunlap hanging over their belt and no one bats an eye.

As for the metabolism thing, it's a double edged sword. It's nice to eat whatever I want but at the same time I lose weight so quickly I look malnourished.
Ed#1Fan2.0
I am about 115 age 13
Quistis88
Reverse the digits of my age and you will get the number of lbs. I weighed when I last checked, which was about a week ago.
sillveryCross
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Oct 20 2005, 03:15 PM) [snapback]302274[/snapback]

Reverse the digits of my age and you will get the number of lbs. I weighed when I last checked, which was about a week ago.

Wow, so you're 91 pounds? Oooh, just like me!!! How tall are you by the way?
Aog
Im like 5.3 ft tall.
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Oct 20 2005, 03:15 PM) [snapback]302274[/snapback]

Holy crap; that light? How tall are you? o.O

I don't usually care enough to check. Last time I did check, I was 100~ ish... I'm usually somewhere between 98 and 105 depending on the scale and what I'm wearing. I'm also Five foot four, and 17 years old. My size is probably what leads people to believe I am a middle schooler.

It's all natural. Genetic lottery was nice to me, I guess. While I could feel ashamed when people are constantly talking smack about how skinny women are evil slaves to the ideals of chauvanistic men, shallow, not real, real women have curves, and people I know making fun of me and telling me to get meat on my bones, I'm still just fine with the way my body is. I've accepted the fact that I can look like a 12 year old or an androgynous boy; I used to be upset about *Ahem* lack of curves, but at this point I know that breasts are overrated anyhow. tongue.gif And, I like my metabolism. Sure it's not all that convenient to be hungry so often, no matter how much or how often I eat, but I like eating, so that just makes it better when I can, and gives me the chance to constantly nibble on snacks. Actually... I'm starving right now. >_> I'm going to go eat.
Carnal Malefactor
Big boobs ARE overrated. They don't usually look very good. And they can cause significant damage in the right setting...

dry.gif
Riza-Hawkeye
Blitz: I am 12, 13 in May(Yes!! It's far I know!! dry.gif ).

Toby-Chan sorta sounds like me or one of my friends, See, we eat about double snacks of whatever any regular person or age would eat, yet we weigt about the same(actually she's a bit heavier than I am), yet I have more "meat" than her. Anyway, it's true more men actually are pverweight than women, and I don't see what's the big deal for a woman to be overweight, yet, no big deal when a man is overweight.
QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Oct 20 2005, 03:41 PM) [snapback]302286[/snapback]

Big boobs ARE overrated. They don't usually look very good. And they can cause significant damage in the right setting...

dry.gif

There needs to be more guys like that.
Toby-Chan

dry.gif

You know this from experience?
blink.gif

QUOTE(Riza-Hawkeye @ Oct 20 2005, 03:42 PM) [snapback]302289[/snapback]

Anyway, it's true more men actually are pverweight than women, and I don't see what's the big deal for a woman to be overweight, yet, no big deal when a man is overweight.

I think there's just more hype about female body image. Maybe just because men are so much more open about their desires, and consequently female beauty is society's main concern? Or that it's just become something we've accepted since women are supposed to fret about how they look, but it's unmasculine to give a crap. *Shrug* If I might have an opinion, I think women retain much more of their beauty as they gain weight than men do.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Oct 20 2005, 06:49 PM) [snapback]302294[/snapback]

dry.gif

You know this from experience?
blink.gif

Not firsthand, no. But I've heard stories. I'm mainly put off by the fact that they're aesthetically unattractive.
Riza-Hawkeye
QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 20 2005, 06:48 PM) [snapback]302293[/snapback]

dry.gif

There needs to be more guys like that.

Exactly. mellow.gif
~FMAgurl~
Wow, a lot of you seem like sticks compared to me tongue.gif. I'm 14 years old, about 5'6", and weigh around 110-115lbs.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Not firsthand, no. But I've heard stories. I'm mainly put off by the fact that they're aesthetically unattractive.

Really?

I like boobiez I think they look nice, adds extra curves to women that men don't have. Don't get me wrong, I hate fake boobs with a passion and can't understand why some men prefer them since they look and feel terrible but real one are a-ok with me.
Guest_silveryCross_*
QUOTE(Envy @ Oct 20 2005, 03:59 PM) [snapback]302300[/snapback]

Really?

I like boobiez I think they look nice, adds extra curves to women that men don't have. Don't get me wrong, I hate fake boobs with a passion and can't understand why some men prefer them since they look and feel terrible but real one are a-ok with me.

But, not every female can have naturally big boobs.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I was speaking of boobs in general.

So what if someone doesn't have big boobs. Quality is better than quanity. I know this first hand myself.

Big boobs are overrated and they give women back problems.
Mrs. Edward Elric
QUOTE(Aog @ Oct 20 2005, 05:08 PM) [snapback]302270[/snapback]

QUOTE(Ed#1Fan2.0 @ Oct 20 2005, 05:06 PM) [snapback]302268[/snapback]

I am about 115 age 13

Damn, your light.

Are you kidding me? I'm 14 and around 105lbs.
Tombow
Someone I know had a surgery, and got HUGE fake boobs.
They are unnaturally perfectly round, and stick out like a pair of Jumbo size melons no matter what she wears now.
I think she looked much better before the surgery, with more natural body figures. Now, two big balloons in her chest makes her look like kind of a boob freak, though I don't have a heart to tell her that.
I think they weigh an extra couple of pounds, too. unsure.gif

Oh, and I'm about the average weight, I think. (Haven't checked recently.) rolleyes.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Envy @ Oct 20 2005, 06:59 PM) [snapback]302300[/snapback]

Really?

Anything over a C is too much IMO. Honestly, size doesn't matter THAT much as long as they look nice, but it holds true that as size increases, attractiveness decreases.
Aog
I agree with bacon.
Carnal Malefactor
Wow... so far, I'm the heaviest.

Then again, I'm also the only one 6 feet or taller. [so far]
Aog
Man Im like the shortest guy inl my class.
But all the guys in my class are like 6.3.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Aog @ Oct 20 2005, 07:54 PM) [snapback]302338[/snapback]

Man Im like the shortest guy inl my class.
But all the guys in my class are like 6.3.

That's bullshit. I've never met anyone your age who was that tall.
Aog
His name is Tommy Pollard.
I think hes like 6.2 or someing.
Patrick Suhcman: like 6.0
Jimmy Martin: lika 6.1
See, tall people.
Riza-Hawkeye
Wow... Great!! Let's make the whole world taller than I.... dry.gif
Jellybean
Yeah, it's insane, but my sister is 14 and she has some friends who are damn near 6 feet tall.
I agree with Bacon about the boobs, too. I've got pretty big ones myself, and they're a real pain. I swear they're real, but they're disproportionate and look totally fake. Not attractive.

It's all natural. Genetic lottery was nice to me, I guess. While I could feel ashamed when people are constantly talking smack about how skinny women are evil slaves to the ideals of chauvanistic men, shallow, not real, real women have curves, and people I know making fun of me and telling me to get meat on my bones, I'm still just fine with the way my body is.

Don't worry, that's just something chunky women say. tongue.gif
Quistis88
QUOTE(sillveryCross @ Oct 20 2005, 04:17 PM) [snapback]302275[/snapback]
Wow, so you're 91 pounds? Oooh, just like me!!! How tall are you by the way?
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Oct 20 2005, 04:29 PM) [snapback]302280[/snapback]
Holy crap; that light? How tall are you? o.O

I am around 5'2" last time I checked.
Aog
Im 5.3
Carnal Malefactor
People have accused me of not feeding my dog enough because she's 'skinny'. That's such a load. She's a very powerful dog because of her pedigree. She eats constantly, but never gets fat. And I'm glad that she doesn't. I don't want a fat dog. I like my dogs the same way I like my women - lean and strong. smile.gif

QUOTE(Aog @ Oct 20 2005, 08:39 PM) [snapback]302397[/snapback]

Im 5.3

That's one long-ass echo... dry.gif
Aog
Then a shoe will be up yours. mad.gif
Quistis88
QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Oct 20 2005, 06:41 PM) [snapback]302398[/snapback]
People have accused me of not feeding my dog enough because she's 'skinny'. That's such a load. She's a very powerful dog because of her pedigree. She eats constantly, but never gets fat. And I'm glad that she doesn't. I don't want a fat dog. I like my dogs the same way I like my women - lean and strong. smile.gif

So, is Miyuki your standard by which you measure women now? laugh.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Oct 20 2005, 08:47 PM) [snapback]302402[/snapback]

QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Oct 20 2005, 06:41 PM) [snapback]302398[/snapback]

So, is Miyuki your standard by which you measure women now? laugh.gif

laugh.gif That would be pretty strange, wouldn't it?

No, I liked women like that long before.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
So.......you like to keep your dog looking like they way you like your women to look?

Bacon, you need to get out more. laugh.gif
Aog

Good.
I dont like gay guys all that much.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Envy @ Oct 20 2005, 08:56 PM) [snapback]302415[/snapback]

So.......you like to keep your dog looking like they way you like your women to look?

Bacon, you need to get out more. laugh.gif

STOP TWISTING MY WORDS, YOU HARPY!

dry.gif I do need to get out more, though. You're right.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
^laugh.gif

QUOTE(Aog @ Oct 20 2005, 04:56 PM) [snapback]302416[/snapback]

Good.
I dont like gay guys all that much.

And they don't like you either. tongue.gif
Aog
I dont understand what you mean.
StrawberryShampoo
@Bacon-- one the whole boob thing....what you said earned you 20 points in my book of respect. (my usual amount of points given is around 10...so you earned bonus)

I don't know if I should feel better or worse about my weight after reading through here...

As for unsually tall people there is a guy in my grade (10) that is around 6'7'' (He has some weirde genetic thing that makes him really tall.)
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Jellybean @ Oct 20 2005, 08:27 PM) [snapback]302381[/snapback]

Yeah, it's insane, but my sister is 14 and she has some friends who are damn near 6 feet tall.
I agree with Bacon about the boobs, too. I've got pretty big ones myself, and they're a real pain. I swear they're real, but they're disproportionate and look totally fake. Not attractive.

Maybe you should get a reduction...?
Jellybean
Maybe when I have money to spare. (Which won't be for a while, I'm afraid.) Oh well, there's always loose fitting shirts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.