Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: About Hiromu Arakawa: Bio Info And A Pic Of Arakawa-sensei On The First Page!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Alxchemist
oh my god!
::rereads page 220 of fma the land of the sand::
"First of all, I'd like to thanl Arakawa-sensei, for taking time out of HIS busy schedule and teaching so many things about the Fullmetal world." (Inoue 220)

id feel really bad if somon called me a guy then printed millions of books that say im a guy.

The first time i read fma i thought that she was a she, cuz male mangadraws seem to draw really big boobs of atleast one character
Tombow
QUOTE(Alxchemist @ Oct 13 2006, 11:48 PM) [snapback]459496[/snapback]
The first time i read fma i thought that she was a she, cuz male mangadraws seem to draw really big boobs of atleast one character
Haha, yeah, REALLY big boobs!! laugh.gif Some guys can't help it, I guess. tongue.gif
I think Arakawa-sensei's female characters are often strong, and often attractive, but not unrealistically sexual. biggrin.gif
Alxchemist
QUOTE(Tombow @ Oct 17 2006, 08:11 PM) [snapback]461343[/snapback]

Haha, yeah, REALLY big boobs!! laugh.gif Some guys can't help it, I guess. tongue.gif
I think Arakawa-sensei's female characters are often strong, and often attractive, but not unrealistically sexual. biggrin.gif

is the author of bleach a dude? cuz that one orange haired girl has really big boobs and if he is a she then i dont know what to say
(i feel weird being a girl and talking bout boobs so im going to shut up before i turn gay)
AA battery
QUOTE(Alxchemist @ Oct 18 2006, 04:22 PM) [snapback]461926[/snapback]

QUOTE(Tombow @ Oct 17 2006, 08:11 PM) [snapback]461343[/snapback]

is the author of bleach a dude? cuz that one orange haired girl has really big boobs and if he is a she then i dont know what to say
(i feel weird being a girl and talking bout boobs so im going to shut up before i turn gay)

I believe the orange hair girl you were refering is Orihime.

and yes, Bleach's mangaka is a guy.
Minnie Alice
Wasn't Arakawa's real name Hiromi? I think I read that somewhere, and I'm not sure if it's right or not, but Hiromi does sound a bit more feminine.
Reta McClain
QUOTE(Minnie Alice @ Oct 21 2006, 08:51 PM) [snapback]462664[/snapback]

Wasn't Arakawa's real name Hiromi? I think I read that somewhere, and I'm not sure if it's right or not, but Hiromi does sound a bit more feminine.

It is Hiromu, my friend sleep.gif
Tombow
QUOTE(Minnie Alice @ Oct 21 2006, 01:51 PM) [snapback]462664[/snapback]
It's possible hat her "born" name is "Hiromi", tho I don't know... Yeah, that does sounds little more feminine. smile.gif
(Although, I know someone who is a guy with that name. laugh.gif )
Panda_Battle
womann so womaaannn
The New Fullmetal Alchemist
Yup, she's a woman - they sometimes refer to her in the English translated stuff as a "he," but in fact she's a "she"
mcmonkey
I looked her up and it seems like she's done a few. Found them on wiki. wawa woo!

Stray Dog 1999
Totsugeki Tonari no Enikkusu 2000
Shanghai Yōmakikai 2000
Raiden 18 2005
Souten no Koumori 2006

Cheers!
Nepharski
How ever do these new people manage to find and post in only the oldest threads? Tsk, tsk.
Tombow
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Oct 30 2006, 05:33 AM) [snapback]467990[/snapback]
How ever do these new people manage to find and post in only the oldest threads? Tsk, tsk.
@Nepharski - laugh.gif

@mcmonkey - Welcome to the board!! biggrin.gif
We do have more recent thread called Arakawa's other works where those manga by Arakawa-sensei are being discussed.
Hope you'll join our discussions there!! smile.gif
thearchitect
I know for a fact that we have gone over this several times already, Arakawa-sensei is most definitely a woman. Wow this was a very long thread for something that could have easily been answered by a quick wiki search. Next time try to check things out before making unfounded assumptions kids.
Tombow
QUOTE(thearchitect @ Nov 2 2006, 01:04 PM) [snapback]469334[/snapback]
I know for a fact that we have gone over this several times already, Arakawa-sensei is most definitely a woman. Wow this was a very long thread for something that could have easily been answered by a quick wiki search. Next time try to check things out before making unfounded assumptions kids.
@thearchitect - Haha, thanks for the advise!! laugh.gif (Although, Wiki is known to contain wrong info, so don't put too much trust on everything you read on the Internet!! biggrin.gif )

Anyway, this is an old thread, and for that topic we are currently using
So, is Arakawa-sensei female? or male? thread. biggrin.gif
Please use that one, and let this old thread rest. happy.gif
eina
Wasn't Arakawa a woman? (Or rather, isn't she a woman? XD)

[img=http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/131/200362pu.jpg]Image one[/img]
[img=http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/6500/ara1yc.jpg]Image two (rather blurry?)[/img]

(Yoinked from Paca over here)

Tombow
@eina - Images are not showing... sad.gif
I wanna see them!! biggrin.gif
(By any chance is that the same one with the pic posted by GaluxKitty?? biggrin.gif )
AA battery
QUOTE(eina @ Nov 5 2006, 04:24 AM) [snapback]470163[/snapback]
Wasn't Arakawa a woman? (Or rather, isn't she a woman? XD)

[img=http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/131/200362pu.jpg]Image one[/img]
[img=http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/6500/ara1yc.jpg]Image two (rather blurry?)[/img]

(Yoinked from Paca over here)

... we have gone through this for WAY too many times...

Image one is PARK ROMI, EDWARD ELRIC and mama Armstrong'S VOICE ACTOR!! FOR THE LAST TIME STOP MIXING THE TWO UP ALREADY!!!!!!!
Image two IS Arakawa-sensei, and yes it's the one that was posted here before.

I would die if I see someone mixing up Kugimiya Rie with Arakawa-sensei. XD
AA battery
wow, someone managed to dig up a thread that is 2 friggin' years old.... why am I not surprised...
Funderful
Old thread. >>

She's a she! A shee!
Tombow
QUOTE(Funderful @ Nov 5 2006, 06:38 PM) [snapback]470383[/snapback]
Old thread. >>
Yet people keeps bumping this up, and not letting this to rest... >.<

Currently, we are using So, is Arakawa-sensei female? or male? thread.
If you have any new information please post on that thread. biggrin.gif
pawnedbyme
I think she is woman
AA battery
QUOTE(pawnedbyme @ Nov 19 2006, 05:47 PM) [snapback]475701[/snapback]
I think she is woman

*twitches*

*takes out a machine gun and shoots*

OVER 6 MONTHS AGO WE ALREADY HAVE CONCLUDED THAT SHE IS A WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tombow
QUOTE (armor-alchemist @ Nov 20 2006, 03:23 PM) *
QUOTE (pawnedbyme @ Nov 19 2006, 05:47 PM) *
I think she is woman

*twitches*

OVER 6 MONTHS AGO WE ALREADY HAVE CONCLUDED THAT SHE IS A WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yet, this topic still fascinates and motivates new members to post the obvious conclusion. tongue.gif
Wyrd_Raven
Though I worry for armor-aclehmist's sanity and my hide being bullet hole free.
AA battery
QUOTE (Tombow @ Nov 20 2006, 07:32 PM) *
QUOTE (armor-alchemist @ Nov 20 2006, 03:23 PM) *
QUOTE (pawnedbyme @ Nov 19 2006, 05:47 PM) *
I think she is woman

*twitches*

Yet, this topic still fascinates and motivates new members to post the obvious conclusion. tongue.gif

Maybe the topic starter should change the topic into "Yes, we are suuuuure that Arakawa-sensei is a woman!" XD
Schaffer
Ya I heard Arakawa was a female on the manga volume i was reading on FMA. *Ponders Situation*
Tombow
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Nov 22 2006, 04:48 PM) [snapback]476829[/snapback]
Maybe the topic starter should change the topic into "Yes, we are suuuuure that Arakawa-sensei is a woman!" XD

Gahaha, that's a good idea!! laugh.gif
Let's see if I can contact NeoKakashi!! biggrin.gif
Tian Ai
For the longest time (I don't know HOW) I thought Arakawa-sensei was a guy. X( (I'm sorry Ms. Arakawa!)

biggrin.gif Shows how girls can draw stuff other than romance sleep.gif
The New Fullmetal Alchemist
Hahaha! laugh.gif

The only thing I'm wondering right now is how this thread ever managed to get past the first page... I agree with AA battery

(btw, AA, I know this guy who can get you a great discount on a magnum if you're interested... jk)
Fujihakama
Definately a woman. Look up Hiromu Arakawa in Wikipedia and it says that the author is a she, that and I'm pretty sure she said so herself at some stage...
AA battery
QUOTE(Fujihakama @ Nov 6 2007, 09:45 PM) *
Definately a woman. Look up Hiromu Arakawa in Wikipedia and it says that the author is a she, that and I'm pretty sure she said so herself at some stage...

Yup, restating something that has already been stated over a year ago was indeed helpful.
angelstar2408
I believe she's a she... laugh.gif

I read somewhere that her real name is Hiromi.... and that's a female name....

Now I'm proud!!! This shows that girls can rock too! Oh yeah! yes2.gif
Haru0496
female!? i though she's a "male" before...
like Romi Paku, i though she's a male before...

japanese ppl are so creative!
>Romi Paku is Korean (known as Romi Park), she's a Korean descent for Japan, for more specific, read at wikipedia.org ^^

mellulah
OMG! She was born on 8th May?! Thats my birthday as well biggrin.gif. I'm so happy to find I've got just another connection to my favourite series. As well as me sharing my name with the first anime theme.
Hotmustard
Any news whether she got married or had kids or not? I'm curious.
edo little kid
I love Hiromu Arakawa !!!!!!!!!!
and I hope , I can see an ep of FMA by her animation again!!!!
I love her drawing it's peeeeeerfect!!!!!!
onigiri_girl
She looked kinda a bit geek ~_-
AA battery
QUOTE (Ratna Laurentina @ Sep 1 2009, 08:47 PM) *

And your reply showed us how superficial you are.
Nena
QUOTE (Ratna Laurentina @ Sep 2 2009, 05:47 AM) *

And you reading and replying on the fullmetal alchemist website is kind of geeky.. And me replying to you is kind of geeky.. so let's embrace our geekyness and get on with whatever we were doing smile.gif probably something geeky...

QUOTE (Hotmustard @ Sep 1 2009, 08:20 AM) *
Any news whether she got married or had kids or not? I'm curious.

I think she has a kid, in the end of volume 8 she asks Romi Paku to take care of her "stupid son" while she's watching the first anime.. But maybe that was just for laughs
Riza hawkeye-Mustang
I'm not completely sure, but I believe that "her stupid son" was referring to Edward.
Tombow
QUOTE (Riza hawkeye-Mustang @ Sep 7 2009, 05:41 PM) *
I'm not completely sure, but I believe that "her stupid son" was referring to Edward.

Yeah, that's my thinking also. biggrin.gif

BTW, welcome to our board, Nena!
AA battery
I'm 200% sure that she was referring to Edward.

If you actually paid attention to that picture where Arakawa said that, she was tossing an Ed-plushie (kinda thing) to Park Romi.

Arakawa-sensei should still be single right now, though I'm not too sure about this bit.
Nena
QUOTE (AA battery @ Sep 8 2009, 03:41 AM) *

If you actually paid attention to that picture where Arakawa said that, she was tossing an Ed-plushie (kinda thing) to Park Romi.

I guess but I don't think Edward owns that "antenna" on his head..( actually he kind of does) Why would she throw a fictional character to a real person so she can watch anime? XD Maybe I should look it up but I don't really care that much tongue.gif

QUOTE (Tombow @ Sep 7 2009, 11:51 PM) *
BTW, welcome to our board, Nena!

Thank you!! biggrin.gif
Hotmustard
Arakawa-sensei should still be single right now, though I'm not too sure about this bit.

sad.gif why do my favorite mangakas end up being single? First I was sad to hear about Rumiko sensei, and then about Arakawa sensei
Kirara
QUOTE (Hotmustard @ Sep 8 2009, 07:08 AM) *

sad.gif why do my favorite mangakas end up being single? First I was sad to hear about Rumiko sensei, and then about Arakawa sensei

There is nothing to be sad about because there is nothing wrong with being single. Both of these women are highly successful so there is nothing for you to feel sorry about.
Tombow
QUOTE (Kirara @ Sep 9 2009, 05:50 PM) *
QUOTE (Hotmustard @ Sep 8 2009, 07:08 AM) *

There is nothing to be sad about because there is nothing wrong with being single. Both of these women are highly successful so there is nothing for you to feel sorry about.

I'm with Kirara's sentiment. ^^ Besides, from what I hear, it is bit of a trend in Japan that many of highly successful women are not getting married at twenty-something which is more of the traditional age for women in Japan to get married, but instead they're staying single, by their choice... so I hear. ^^ So, yeah, I wouldn't feel sad about it. biggrin.gif

And, before everyone would start inserting more of their own view on "woman and marriage" on this thread... if anyone would like to express his/her opinions about women not getting married (any women, either manga artists or not,) or discuss further about "woman and marriage," please open a thread in Debate District and discuss that there. smile.gif
AA battery
QUOTE (Nena @ Sep 8 2009, 05:09 AM) *
QUOTE (AA battery @ Sep 8 2009, 03:41 AM) *

I guess but I don't think Edward owns that "antenna" on his head..( actually he kind of does) Why would she throw a fictional character to a real person so she can watch anime? XD Maybe I should look it up but I don't really care that much tongue.gif

If you have enough experience with reading manga, then it should make sense to you why she was throwing a "fictional" character to Park Romi.

Besides, the line said in that panel says "I'll leave my son to you" (or something like that, someone need to show me that page so that I can re-read it to be sure). She is handing the role of Edward Elric to Park Romi, who will give Ed his voice. Mangaka are the ones who created the fictional characters, so in that sense, the mangaka is the parent of the fictional character. Argh I really can't explain this well, but that panel makes COMPLETE SENSE to me. It should make sense to most people soaked in the manga world long enough. Really. It makes sense. And Arakawa was not the first one to portray things like this. I have seen similar portrayal numerous times.
Tombow
<Program Note>

QUOTE (deet-tastic @ Jun 19 2010, 06:23 PM) *
I'm just going to bump this to say that yes, she does have a kid. A 2 year old little boy.
http://amber1003.deviantart.com/journal/29934910/

@deet-tastic - Eventually, we probably merge both threads, but for now, to avoid having the same discussions on two threads simultaneously, I moved your post to Arakawa Is A Mother. Wow. thread. smile.gif

Anyone with your comments on Arakawa-sensei's motherhood, please add your posts on Arakawa Is A Mother. Wow. thread. smile.gif
Sariachan
Albeit really tiny, I was finally able to see a photo of Hiromu Arakawa! _

Maybe I sound silly, but this was like an event for me. XD

She looks really slender, not chubby like her cute cow avatar could make us think. ^^
Tombow
^ Sariachan, you can also check out the (possible) recent pic of Arakawa-sensei here. tongue.gif

Arakawa-sensei is from Chuurui village in Tokachi, Hokkaido (the village was then incorporated as part of Makubetsu town on Feb. 6, 2006). The village's fame is that in 1969 they found the fossil of Naumann Elephant there.
In 1988 the village chamber of commerce decided to create the village's symbol mark, and the junior high school Senior student, Hiromu Arakawa won the contest with the design that depicted Naumann Elephant.
Hiromu Arakawa is listed as a famous person from the village.

The village had the grand total of 4 traffic lights. The main industry is diary farming and crop farming. The best selling point of the village is the taste of fresh produce and diary products you get in the village.
Click on wallpaper links under picks here and you can see the scene around the village. (If you're following "Silver Spoon", you can see the resemblance. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.