Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Elfen Lied
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
Pages: 1, 2
Xaositect
Elfen Lied (エルフェンリート Erufen Rīto?)was directed by Mamoru Kanbe, animated by ARMS and produced by GENCO and VAP. Elfen Lied first aired on TV Tokyo's AT-X satellite channel from July 25 to October 17, 2004 and was broadcast again in 2005.
(Source - Wiki)

Plot Summary: The Diclonius, a mutated homo sapien that is said to be selected by God and will eventually become the destruction of mankind, possesses two horns in their heads, and has a "sixth sense" which gives it telekinetic abilities. Due to this dangerous power, they have been captured and isolated in laboratories by the government. Lucy, a young and psychotic Diclonius, manages to break free of her confines and brutally murder most of the guards in the laboratory, only to get shot in the head as she makes her escape. She survives and manages to drift along to a beach, where two teenagers named Kouta and Yuka discovers her. Having lost her memories, she was named after the only thing that she can now say, "Nyuu," and the two allow her to stay at Kouta's home. However, it appears that the evil "Lucy" is not dead just yet...

Directed by Mamoru Kanbe
Genres: drama, horror, psychological, romance, science fiction
Themes: amnesia, fanservice, gore, harem, inner demons, multiple personality, mutants, superpowers, tragedy
Episodes: 13
Age Rating: Mature (Intense (graphic depictions of sex, drug use, or bloodshed)
(Source: ANN)

--------------------------

Hey all just thought I'd ask if anyone else has seen the masterpiece that it Elfen Lied? If not I highly recomend...although not if your weak of stomach, its more an adult anime. Somewhere between Full-metal Alchemist and Ninjascroll. Its about some girl who has a new genetic structure which gives her a 6th sense (have to watch to see what it is) basicly some scientists locked her up anmd experiment till she grusomely escaped, slaughtered everyone. Anyway to cut long story short she is shot, gets amnesia (kinda) and washes up on shore where two teenagers find her. Again a warning this not not a show for kiddies but if your like me and love all the FMA, Ninjascroll and Hellsings out there then its a must...currently it is up to episode 8.

If you interested just look it up and watch the 1st few episodes, you wont regret it!!
Carnal Malefactor
Uhm... is it more like FMA or Ninja Scroll? I ask because I think NS is just garbage.
Xaositect
Niether really, just meant the content (Gore, Nudity, adult content etc..not as bad as ninja scroll not as tame as FMA)..Its like a Love Hina with really viloent mildly skitzo mutant chick...kinda a relationship anime with gore..I dunno just try it biggrin.gif
Chibi Viki
the first episode made a bad impression on me... at first, the intro was cool... the bloodshed kick ass! then, after those teeners met her and she started acting like a dolt w/ amnesia saying "nyu" every other time... i got turned off... it was like chobits all over again.
Uirumusu
if it's remotely like Chobits then 'NO', I didn't really enjoy Chobits, it was among average, the only thing GOOD was the ending, but that's it, and I'd try out Elfen Lied, but it's only on ep 8, I'd rather not, I wanna wait til the series is finished or close to the end
RoyxRiza BigFan
weee i loved da naked pink hair girls here, and a mortal kombat fatalities like no tommrrow..too bad me no bit torrent @M@
Xaositect
too bad me no bit torrent @M@

Whats that mean? You dont have bit torrent or you cant find the epsiodes, if its the latter I could help..know an awsome site.
RoyxRiza BigFan
mm i tried imesh once and god it took forever to download stuff @<@
rsF
Did someone say naked girls?
ThePanda
(Bringing this back, since it's almost over)
I've been watching since ep 1 and ep 13 (final) is airing this weekend. A single group kept subbing after it was picked up (by ADV, if I remember correctly). Let me start of by saying that Elfen Lied is more bloody than any other series I've watched so far. The story doesn't revolve around blood and limbs flying off here, however, it's actually quite strong. I do have to apply the 'cute, yet utterly retarded' rule to Lucy's split personality though. It's a bit like Chobits in that (and only that) aspect.
Xaositect
Cant wait for episode 13 sub, I love this series... I love Lucy biggrin.gif From the sounds of it the manga was better though..as they usually are..pitty no one scanlated it sad.gif
RolfKaese
QUOTE(rsF @ Oct 9 2004, 09:55 PM)
Did someone say naked girls?

laugh.gif
well.. *cough* maybe i'm going to watch the german subs.. ^^
but not for "that" reason!!! ... *runs in hentai fandom corner*
Chibi Viki
@ rolfie... hmm... "THAT" reason... rolleyes.gif

ahehehe... this series really interested me, but I really can't stand the "chobits girl".
bryantq
i dunno, this was a little cliche for me. totally reminded me of Akira, also what turned me off was how the main char "spoke" or lacktherof, that voice kinda annoyed me lol.
RolfKaese
_

well... *cough* I just wanted to ask where to download, but it's licensed... too bad... gonna have to send my tentacles out then (~-_-)~
Chibi Viki
*stepping away from rolfie's tentacles*

yeah... why don't you try tenjou tenge intead... it's full of "fanservice" well-suited for the male audience...
RolfKaese
I already have the complete series of tenjo tenge XD
Guess why I started to watch this anime.. rolleyes.gif
Chibi Viki
why am i not surprised? happy.gif;;
RolfKaese
ahehehe... ^^;;
althe
Elfen Lied rocks.

Love the gore and blood (don't mind me saying), the plot's not bad either.

I prefer Lucy's "evil" side. Yeah, reminds me of Chobits too.

Sigh..never knew the series'll be ending so soon sad.gif

The plot's deep..kinda reminds me of Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Drakhaon
I'm sure a whole bunch of bittorrent sites have them, you should try supernova.org, and lokitorrent and stuff they usually have everything thats licensed but not always sadly...
The Lucifer
My god i watched this serie and had to come right away here to see if here were any kinda post of it and i found this its old but anyway my god what an master piece but only 13eps. ... is there same kinda bloody anime that has great story like this had?
Quistis88
I liked this anime, actually. Yes, it did remind me of Chobits, save for all the murderous traits of the female lead. It's much better than Chobits though, I can say that for sure.
Carnal Malefactor
Ahhh yes... I've been watching this nonstop for the last 2 days now. It's a great piece of work. Definitely not for the squeamish, but the characters are great, and it's probably the most depressing anime I've seen since Hotaru no Haka.
Ryuji1314
Anybody seen Elfen Lied? It's an awesome anime! here's the official Japanese site Click here! and here's an article that was on it Article!
RianDarkAngel
I've seen it. happy.gif I'm absolutely in love with the series.
Ryuji1314
Yeah, it's really good... too bad it's a short series...
RianDarkAngel
Indeed... and the OVA wasn't a continuation at all >< Not as depressing as the actual series either...
Ryuji1314
The OVA was mainly a filler, it wasn't really meant to be depressing, but it was more funnier... and the actual series made me cry in several cases... damn people making it sad and depressing...
Carnal Malefactor
Already a thread for it...
Ryuji1314
well it's in the depths and I'm too lazy to look for it...
Quistis88
QUOTE(Ryuji1314 @ Jul 30 2005, 10:43 PM)
well it's in the depths and I'm too lazy to look for it...

I bet you took more time to create the thread than for me to locate the pre-existing thread and merge it with this one. Please do not create more work for the already-burdened moderators when possible.
Saturn Stars
I have to say that after I watched the first episode I was turned off. I simply though (Oh yeah naked girls and gore this is gunna be another stupid anime)

But I continued to watch it and it turned into a memorable series. Yes everyone says it reminds them of chobits... but it doesn't remind me of chobits at all... it's completly different for me. She isn't a robot. And she has an alter personality... chii had a spirit inside of her... mmm I guess I jut didn't see a resembelence except for the stupid only being able to say one word 'nyu' was cute though lol
RianDarkAngel
I found that cute XD And hmm, you aren't the only one who failed to see a resemblance o.O
Slashrose1010
QUOTE(RianDarkAngel @ Jul 31 2005, 12:27 AM)
Indeed... and the OVA wasn't a continuation at all >< Not as depressing as the actual series either...

Yeah, it wasn't supposed to be a continuation. It took place around between eps 10-11? Yeah, it wa skind of more like a mood lightener. It was OK in my opinion.

Haha, Chobits?... OK... I didn't know Chii enjoyed slaughtering humans and was abused as a robotic child... I guess people just associated Nyu and Chii because they could only say the one word and their cuteness factors.

Hehe, I really like Lucy more though. She is actually kind and is very pretty. She doesn't have a very high pitched voice either, but it is still nice. I like her eyes more than Nyu's too. hehe, her outfit kind of reminds me of Toby-chan's style tongue.gif which is nice ^^
Saturn Stars
Yeah I was thinking that... Chii has invisible hands that kill people behind her? Ehh? It's completly different to me.

I think people just say it's like chobits because everyone else does. You know those 'they people' no-one really knows who said it in the first place but now people think that.

Damn those they people! lol
RianDarkAngel
That does make a lot of sense. o_o
Ryuji1314
Sorry about that, Quis...

I like Lucy's out fit... she's a pimpett. I know a lot of people that immediatly fell in love with Nyu though and didn't really pay attention to Lucy 'cause if the funny things Nyu did to Yuka... *wink wink*
Slashrose1010
Ehh, I didn't like Yuka at all. She was so damn needy. She offered for Kouta to... yeah, that is just wrong. What is wrong with this show? >D Jeez, some of those things were pretty gross. Yuka isn't as pretty as Lucy either tongue.gif Lucy is the best girl in the show in my opinion. I kind of think Nana was annoying at times too but she is OK sometimes. [spoiler]I was sad when Kurama went off to die with Mariko, even though he didn't really know her, yet Nana was always treating him like a father. I guess he wanted to take the responsibility upon himself and wanted Nana to live on I guess...[/spoiler]
Carnal Malefactor
Uh... maybe you should use spoiler tags, Slash...

[spoiler]The whole Kurama/Nana/Mariko thing was a bit confusing to me. I did a double-take when Kurama said that Mariko was his real daughter.[/spoiler]
Saturn Stars
I know.. confusing yes
Seraphi
Hehe, I loved this anime. Blood, decapition, love and a hint of humor is what I thought brought this anime together well.
Ryuji1314
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Aug 5 2005, 09:27 PM)
Ehh, I didn't like Yuka at all. She was so damn needy. She offered for Kouta to... yeah, that is just wrong. What is wrong with this show? >D Jeez, some of those things were pretty gross. Yuka isn't as pretty as Lucy either tongue.gif Lucy is the best girl in the show in my opinion. I kind of think Nana was annoying at times too but she is OK sometimes. [spoiler]I was sad when Kurama went off to die with Mariko, even though he didn't really know her, yet Nana was always treating him like a father. I guess he wanted to take the responsibility upon himself and wanted Nana to live on I guess...[/spoiler]
[snapback]243020[/snapback]

I agree Slash, Lucy is way more prettier then Yuka. I found it funny though as in the beginning, Yuka and Kouta call each other cousins, so when they hooked up I was like, "That's just wrong!" but then I realized they really weren't....
Carnal Malefactor
Yuka is way too needy. Even more needy than Nana. And it's tough to really sympathize with her, since she's about the only main character in the whole series that hasn't suffered some type of horrible trauma in her life.
edsgirl
I just got to the part where
Nana sees Lucy for the second time. I feel like someone is about to get owned! But the part about Mayu(sp?) past was so sad! Does Yukka die? I hope so, because she is really starting to annoy me. It's sickening how needy she is!
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Aug 11 2005, 01:49 PM)
I just got to the part where
Nana sees Lucy for the second time. I feel like someone is about to get owned! But the part about Mayu(sp?) past was so sad! Does Yukka die? I hope so, because she is really starting to annoy me. It's sickening how needy she is!

Yup, someone is definitely gonna get pwn3d. And no, Yuka doesn't die. She stays tucked away safely at that inn for pretty much the whole series. It's pretty irritating how she's the only one who never finds herself in harm's way.
Zarpia
I just finish this one like 2 days ago

I love the anime, a little predictable too.

Lucy - was my fav character at the begining, but as I watch the anime, kinda hate her, but can't blame her either for the thinks she did.

Nyuu....was an idiot, so pretty and all, but annoiyng.

Yuka - the only normal one in there, not that much of a big character but i still like her too.

Kouta - poor kouta, didn't like how he manage his feeling towars Lucy, hate the part when they....you know...I'm glad he didn't .....muere

Nana - She is ok too.

Mayu - She is a really great character in my opinion, the thinks she when trought and all, and she had wanta by her site^^

Kurama - Didn't care much for him, but he had some tough desitions to make.

Mariko - She is my fav bad one,so little and with that much desire to kill happy.gif

but the one that stole the show was Wanta laugh.gif isn't?
lialiakicks
I saw the first 10 episodes to Elfen Lied and HOLY CRAP that show is awesome. It's very gory though. From first glance, it looks like some random anime with cute girls or whatnot, but OH NO, this anime has PLOT and GORE and AWESOMENESS!

ADV did a pretty good job witht he dub, but like I said before GORE man. This anime definitely gets a Mature rating (and, NO it isn't hentai.)

To read info on Elfen Lied, go here.
Elfen Lied Infomation

Elfen Lied is only 13 episodes long, so it's a good watch. I definitely recommend it. But I need to finish watching it myself though! *wails* T^T

Did anyone else see Elfen Lied or am I the only one? XD;;;
~FMAgurl~
Just started watching the series a couple days ago. Elfen Lied is different from any other anime that I've watched, which is probably why it appeals to me XD the blood and gore is pretty cool. Startling at first, but I'm use to it now biggrin.gif
Riza-Hawkeye
QUOTE(zarpia @ Aug 28 2005, 10:34 AM) [snapback]265453[/snapback]
I just finish this one like 2 days ago
I love the anime, a little predictable too.
Mariko - She is my fav bad one,so little and with that much desire to kill happy.gif
but the one that stole the show was Wanta laugh.gif isn't?
Mariko was just plain scary!! [spoiler]It just freaked me out when she killed that one woman who loved her like a daughter.[/spoiler]
And of course Wanta stole the series. So damn adorable!! tongue.gif

QUOTE(lialiakicks @ Jan 25 2006, 09:09 PM) [snapback]343077[/snapback]
I saw the first 10 episodes to Elfen Lied and HOLY CRAP that show is awesome. It's very gory though. From first glance, it looks like some random anime with cute girls or whatnot, but OH NO, this anime has PLOT and GORE and AWESOMENESS!

ADV did a pretty good job witht he dub,
I gave up on it the first time around, yet when I tried to watch this again, It seemed better than just an anime in which they shot peole and showed guts. I watched the dub, so I can't really tell if they did a good job translating, but I loved the series. The ending was pretty sad. I cried. Loads.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.