Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Episode 31 Discussion
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
ChibiWinry_05
last night's ep was amazing oh my gosh i was on the edge of my seat, and the voice acting was amazing Aaron has totally devopled a great Al and i think i figured out who plays Wrath ^^ Luci Christian but i'm still confused on who plays greed i think it's Greg Ayaers can someone tell me. any who back on track yes this ep was amazing it gave alot of detail can't wait until next weeks
AlphonseRules
Here is a link that shows most of the cast and who they play.
I really liked this episode although it seemed to jump a lot between the Al, Ed, and Izumi and the Homunculi. I didn't like Wrath's voice after he became evil(damn Envy feeding him those stones dry.gif ). The scene at the end was by far the best of this episode. I love it when they fill in little peices of info but at the same time make you wonder about new stuff. I also loved seeing Al take some action. Can't wait until next weeks episode as always.
Pamster
I really enjoyed it too. Al was awesome in it! It was weird seeing Sloth hauling butt though wasn't it? Over the water like she was a jetsky? LOL! That was sure something to see, but how civil she was to Greed, that blew me away. I was waiting for more fighting! LOL! And Kimbly, ugh, just love to hate that guy. wink.gif
Chopper Enthusiast
I thought those stones looked tasty.

It was cool to see two homunculi 'fighting' even if was only for a moment. And I agree that Wrath's voice has taken a drop. Before his voice was mildly annoying, but now! When I heard his red stone induced voice I felt a painful sensation travel from my ears and through my spine.
~*(Jaded)*~
Whoa, Wrath was so creepy! ph34r.gif "Hurry up, or I'll kill you" unsure.gif

Awww, Al cares about Ed so much, and he's willing to do almost anything to get his arm and leg back. Such brotherly love! wub.gif
Pamster
It's still no where near as bad as Tucker's new voice. Ugh! I think Barry's voice got better though after he was anchored to the armor. Weird, am I the only one who thinks that about Barry? smile.gif
Chopper Enthusiast
QUOTE(Pamster @ Oct 16 2005, 07:43 PM) [snapback]300649[/snapback]

It's still no where near as bad as Tucker's new voice. Ugh! I think Barry's voice got better though after he was anchored to the armor. Weird, am I the only one who thinks that about Barry? smile.gif

(To prevent being accused of a flooder, a random fact.)

The voice actors put bowls in front of their faces to give Al, Barry and The Slicer, that 'robotic' tint to their voices.
Odysseus
Yeah Wrath's voice dropped a notch.... He sounded so perfectly evil in the Japan version, this one just sounds... weird. I mean in the Japan version the overall pitch of his voice seemed to drop when he went full homunculous, and in this one it almost seems to have gone the other way. Oh well, Greed still sounds excellent.

Episode itself is as always great. I loved the way this one ends and pretty much any part with Greed lol.
Full Metal Elf
I like this episode! It's a good one! I like Wrath's Japanese voice better though....and Kimbley's.

I also love the brief fight between Greed and Envy...it's great! smile.gif
AlphonseRules
I forgot to mention this. I loved the part when Envy was in Fuhrer form and his voice changed from Bradley's to his own in the middle of a sentence. I was like, "Sweet!" laugh.gif
This episode created some curiosities for me and I will be waiting for the answers during future episodes. smile.gif
Scars of love
I love Wraths evil voice. its sooo ubber killer! Envy and Greed were awesome too but damn i wanted to see atleast a hit get in before the fight stopped. Greeds a cool homonculus. I hope him and Ed fight soon. i saw the 3rd japanese intro and it shows Ed and Greed fighting in it......makes me wonder.
TheVileOne
You guys should be able to figure a few things out based off the HUGE revelations of this episode.

Good to see the forums working again smile.gif .
animefangirl
personally i liked wraths voice ,it was so cute !and al was awsome !
Lycus
What exactly is Sloth's ability? Transforming her body into a liquid form?
Tombow
(Thank heavens, the board is back!! It went down as I was posting this thread last night.) blink.gif

Another exciting episode!!
I loved it when Izumi easily fended off Armstrong's attack by creating metal bars that skewed chunks hurled at her, and tured them into metal kababs. She's so cool!! laugh.gif
And, added bonus for the nice comeback comments to Armstrong about her hubby. happy.gif

Speaking of... I love Armstrong for letting Izumi go when not being watched by others.
Nice to see the "soft" side of him again, especially after seeing him putting his "dog of the state" face when ordered to capture the kid by Archer in the last episode.
Odysseus
QUOTE(Lycus @ Oct 17 2005, 12:45 AM) [snapback]300792[/snapback]

What exactly is Sloth's ability? Transforming her body into a liquid form?

Yep... I'm pretty sure thats it in a nutshell. Though I've always wondered if she can change mass, or just gather other water into herself when in that form...
Jen_Elric
Boy, I'm just loving these new episodes!! It seems like their getting better and better!!
I'm not fond of Wrath's evil voice. It kinda grates on me, especially when he was mocking Ed (when Ed was at the Gate, to get his brother back). I loved it when Al defended Ed like that!!
I thought Greed and Envy would fight more. I would have liked to see more of that!
Can't wait until the next one! I have a feeling that we're in for a huge fight between Ed and...someone else. heehee won't spoil tongue.gif
Koori
Love the information gained this episode on the Sins but sure did leave the door open for a lot more questions. We have a new Lust (What happened to the old?) Its been a long time since all seven of us (Can there only be seven alive at one time? And how long have they been around?)

[spoiler]Speculation but enough spoilers I feel the need to hide it So we know Homunculi are created by failed human transmutations, Wrath was created by Izumi, Sloth by the boys, Lust by Scars brother Im wondering if Envys hatred toward the Elrics father means he was the one that created him. [/spoiler]

*sighs* Im sure the answers are coming in future episodes but patience has never been my thing must remain spoiler free. I had hoped the boy would remain innocent was a little heartbreaking to see him turn. Great episode! ~ K
TheVileOne
In a way the boy was always sort of evil since he took Ed's limbs.

What happened to Wrath is still pretty tragic though.
Automne
Yes, I don't understand why people says he's annoying... sleep.gif Oh well. And I think Ed deserved it! It's equivalent exchange after all. rolleyes.gif

Koori: Yes, you'll find out soon enough until you want me to spoil you happy.gif;; No j/k. :evil laugh:
AlphonseRules
Worst line of the series up to this point=
Wrath-"One day an idiot dropped by."
I just thought that line sucked, especially after he had already said idiot a minute before that.

Oh yeah, what's up with Winry trying to stop Al from killing Wrath? I can't wait to see that battle.
Tombow
QUOTE(Koori @ Oct 17 2005, 01:01 PM) [snapback]300881[/snapback]

Love the information gained this episode on the Sins but sure did leave the door open for a lot more questions. We have a new Lust (What happened to the old?) Its been a long time since all seven of us (Can there only be seven alive at one time? And how long have they been around?)

Also, in anime, who determineded which one is which sin?? Was that pre-destined thing according to the drder in which they were born?
Also, that means only seven of them can be in Hagaren world at any one time?? Or, if more of them were created, those will be named with other references?
Or, there could be any number of humonculi, but only selcted one can be admitted to the "sin" society??? rolleyes.gif
Right now, I'm guessing that the chief division between Greed and the other Humunculi is that the others want to become human while Greed is happy to be himself. I wonder why they both feel threatened by the other, though. What makes them enemies?

I'm not asking for spoilers or anything. I'm just wondering out loud.
CursedAnubis
Wrath looked really nasty as a baby... Huge bug eyes (albeit closed.)

I didn't realize the incomplete Philosopher Stones were edible lol. They do look like pretty pieces of candy...hehe
What are those red lines and circles on the Homunculi anyway?
Koneko
QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 17 2005, 05:02 PM) [snapback]300957[/snapback]

Right now, I'm guessing that the chief division between Greed and the other Humunculi is that the others want to become human while Greed is happy to be himself. I wonder why they both feel threatened by the other, though. What makes them enemies?

I'm not asking for spoilers or anything. I'm just wondering out loud.

Greed=Traitor

I can't wait till next week's ep. Everyone gets to see where Eny gets his bad looks from.
laugh.gif
Mustang_2
I am still very confused about how the hummunculi are born and what not, and why do they the stones and why do they change. How? I have so many questions. I mean it was a great ep, but I am so confused by all of it. What the HECK is going on.

Also, in anime, who determineded which one is which sin?? Was that pre-destined thing according to the drder in which they were born?
Also, that means only seven of them can be in Hagaren world at any one time?? Or, if more of them were created, those will be named with other references?
Or, there could be any number of humonculi, but only selcted one can be admitted to the "sin" society???

Well When envy met with greed she said their was a new lust, so was there a different one to begin with? i mean why do they hate each other so much, what id the jistory behind it all?
Luckyalchemy27
Okay, after watching this episode I officially hate Wrath's voice! It was all cutesy-cute when he was a good lil' boy, but now that he's evil it is OBNOXIOUS. Ugh! *clamps hands over ears* Get it AWAY!

Heh. Heh. I like Greed. I like his jacket-fur-thing. biggrin.gif

I just thought that line sucked, especially after he had already said idiot a minute before that.

o.o He DID say that, didn't he? I just realize that...I'd liked the way he said the line before you pointed that out, Al.
TheVileOne
QUOTE(AlphonseRules @ Oct 17 2005, 07:31 PM) [snapback]300894[/snapback]

Oh yeah, what's up with Winry trying to stop Al from killing Wrath? I can't wait to see that battle.

Winry probably just feels sorry for Wrath and perhaps understands his anger to a degree.
Heartless_Soldier
To tell you the truth I was surpised how evil wrath got in one episode. However the way wrath took Ed's arm and leg leaves me with one question. If wrath can take Ed's arm and leg, then what happened to Al's body? Is there another humonculi with Al's body parts? It wouldn't make sense to just take Ed's parts and just destroy Al's. Would it?
Chopper Enthusiast
Thats is why our parents tell us not to take candy from strangers. For you may turn EV-A-A-A-A-A-L!
adamclark
its just all too dang confusing sometimes.
TheVileOne
QUOTE(Heartless_Soldier @ Oct 19 2005, 05:40 AM) [snapback]301569[/snapback]

To tell you the truth I was surpised how evil wrath got in one episode. However the way wrath took Ed's arm and leg leaves me with one question. If wrath can take Ed's arm and leg, then what happened to Al's body? Is there another humonculi with Al's body parts? It wouldn't make sense to just take Ed's parts and just destroy Al's. Would it?

Not necessarily. Here's the thing, Wrath turned into a homunculus before he went into the gate. Izumi banished him into the gate for years before Ed came a long.
Odysseus
He just had no memory of everything that happened, well not really. Envy just restored his memory.... I guess.

Hmm... come to think of it that was a pretty suspicious guy who gave me this cherry rock candy....
Femalchemist
I'm loving how the episodes all give very important details but not enought to satisfy. Half way through an episode I'm already ready for the next one. I loved Al in this one, hope he gets more action.
Heartless_Soldier
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Oct 20 2005, 01:54 AM) [snapback]302073[/snapback]

Not necessarily. Here's the thing, Wrath turned into a homunculus before he went into the gate. Izumi banished him into the gate for years before Ed came a long.

That is true but when Ed lost his arm and leg it wasn't destroyed, Wrath took it. Doesn't that mean that Al's body wasn't destroyed? Doesn't that also mean Al's body is just floating there somewhere in the darkness without a soul?
Scars of love
Yes,probably. So far we have Sloth,Glutony,Envy and Greed as the mysterious homonculus. As in how were they're human transmutations performed. We know Lust's basically and Wrath's was told this week and last. Now if another homonculus comes and has Al's body then theres your answer but im pretty sure his body is just floating around in the gate.....And just why are they calling Greed the ultimate shelid in the preview of episode 32....hmmm.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.