Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Live Chat
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Site Support Center > Technical Support & Questions
FMAlover^
Can anyone tell me what is the live chat tab for?Coz when i click on it, it says there's an error.So, can anyone tell me if the live chat link is down or something?Thanks
Ronaldo Rodregez
How come when someone makes a topic concerning a chat or IRC, no one responds? At least ONE of the Mods/Admins/Tech people must see them.
darkangelslayer
@Ronaldo- Hint that none of the mods are on at this time.
Ronaldo Rodregez
QUOTE(darkangelslayer @ Oct 17 2005, 10:42 PM) [snapback]301022[/snapback]

@Ronaldo- Hint that none of the mods are on at this time.

That would be a great excuse if this topic didn't start 2 days ago. Not to mention I made a topic in the Suggestions forum months ago.

EDIT: Correction, 3.
animefangirl
QUOTE(FMAlover^ @ Oct 14 2005, 03:56 AM) [snapback]300182[/snapback]

Can anyone tell me what is the live chat tab for?Coz when i click on it, it says there's an error.So, can anyone tell me if the live chat link is down or something?Thanks

i wanna know too !!
Elderberry
Hm...I don't think any of us are really sure...as far as I know, there is no "live chat" stuffy implemented right now...perhaps the link was just built into the forum layout or something....
Ronaldo Rodregez
QUOTE(Elderberry @ Oct 19 2005, 06:42 PM) [snapback]301821[/snapback]

Hm...I don't think any of us are really sure...as far as I know, there is no "live chat" stuffy implemented right now...perhaps the link was just built into the forum layout or something....

While it's there, why don't one of you play around with it?
Elderberry
Ah? I don't understand your question. If you're asking one of us to try fixing it up or something, that's not a moderator power. ohmy.gif
Ronaldo Rodregez
QUOTE(Elderberry @ Oct 22 2005, 10:18 PM) [snapback]303297[/snapback]

Ah? I don't understand your question. If you're asking one of us to try fixing it up or something, that's not a moderator power. ohmy.gif

"One of you" as in the staff. Administators do have the power..
FMAlover^
Thanks.So at least I know its not working.
fullmetal9
yeah notice my previews topic that i made over a month ago .. do the mods ever come on the forums ?
Ailuro
The mods are not gods available to you for your every call. We have lives too.

And it isn't as easy to get a hold of the admins as you think. But we'll do everything in our power to get this rectified.

- My apologies.
Ronaldo Rodregez
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Oct 25 2005, 05:08 PM) [snapback]304238[/snapback]

The mods are not gods available to you for your every call. We have lives too.

And it isn't as easy to get a hold of the admins as you think. But we'll do everything in our power to get this rectified.

- My apologies.

I understand this, but after about a week at least and month at most I would expect some sort of reply. I wouldn't if this wasn't a "Questions" forum and if the forum I posted a topic in wasn't called "Requests," along with the fact that other topics get replies almost daily from staff.

In any case, thank you.
Celestial Shadow
Seriously though, what admins are there? There's like two of them, and only the site owner ever seems to get on and that being rare.
darkangelslayer
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Oct 27 2005, 06:29 PM) [snapback]305344[/snapback]

Seriously though, what admins are there? There's like two of them, and only the site owner ever seems to get on and that being rare.

I know, everyone's off studying and stuff. We barely even seeing EKE or Quis around. That is why I was a little disappointed when Bacon became a Gallery Mod, he should have became a normal mod. He's brutal and is very familiar with the site but what do I know? rolleyes.gif

*that was very off-topic*

Um... what exactly is live chat? Is it like a chatroom or something?
Ailuro
QUOTE(Ronaldo Rodregez @ Oct 26 2005, 02:31 PM) [snapback]304689[/snapback]

I understand this, but after about a week at least and month at most I would expect some sort of reply. I wouldn't if this wasn't a "Questions" forum and if the forum I posted a topic in wasn't called "Requests," along with the fact that other topics get replies almost daily from staff.

In any case, thank you.

Well, as for me, I don't like responding to topics where I would be of no help. I suspect others feel this way and that's why they didn't respond. Because they can't do anything about it. Only the admins can fix a problem like this, and unfortunately, they aren't easy to contact as I stated before.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. smile.gif
Ronaldo Rodregez
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Oct 27 2005, 10:54 PM) [snapback]305402[/snapback]

QUOTE(Ronaldo Rodregez @ Oct 26 2005, 02:31 PM) [snapback]304689[/snapback]

In any case, thank you.

Well, as for me, I don't like responding to topics where I would be of no help. I suspect others feel this way and that's why they didn't respond. Because they can't do anything about it. Only the admins can fix a problem like this, and unfortunately, they aren't easy to contact as I stated before.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. smile.gif

Most boards have their mods and admins communicate as staff. I just assumed this was one like that. Especially for such a large message board.

Maybe they should think of getting more admins and less mods.
bryantq
All things happen within good time. If we didnt have the intention of featuring live chat, the link wouldnt be there.

Please understand that this website is a collaborative effort put on by VOLUNTEERS. I maintain and run this website for the community, for free, for your benefit, out of my own time and money.

But to answer your question, we're working on it, chill for a little bit.
JoshP1389
mIRC anyone? Possibly even Soulseek, but I'm not sure not too many people would be willing to donwnload a filesharing program.
asunder
QUOTE(JoshP1389 @ May 20 2006, 09:05 PM) *
mIRC anyone? Possibly even Soulseek, but I'm not sure not too many people would be willing to donwnload a filesharing program.

i'm already on rizon.net

ask for an asu in #anbudom

i'll try to idle in channel #circleoftyrants on the rizon irc server.
it would also be pretty simple to setup a java based irc client on this server.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.