Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fullmetal Alchemist Novelization
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Meigs
Thanks to Meigs for this info:

IPB Image

Available now at your local bookstore!

"An original story translated from the Japanese! The Elric brothers travel to the ghost town of Xenotime - once a prosperous mining town, now slowly sinking beneath the drifting sands. To save their town, the inhabitants of Xenotime have hired two of the world's most powerful alchemists to create a Philosopher's Stone... and when the Fullmetal Alchemist and his brother meet them, sparks are going to fly. How can there be *two* sets of alchemists named Edward and Alphonse Elric? Plus a bonus story, "The Horror in Warehouse 13"!"
It seems that the second volume of the novelization of Fullmetal Alchemist will be out sometime in January according to Barnes and Noble.com at least. Go out and read people!

Source: Viz: Fullmetal Alchemist
Anthony Orr
where can I find this book? wink.gif
ChibiWinry_05
will it be in english any time soon happy.gif
Meigs
The book is in English, you should be able to find it at any local bookstore. I picked it up at Barnes and Noble over the weekend.
Redrose

I got my son a copy of the FMA novel at Borders Books. I gave it a read before him, and found it rather good. It isn't as dark as the anime. Edward and Al are characterized very well, and come off as children. The rest of the characters are very believable. The story is different than the episodes. As a mommy I kept wanting to hug little Fletcher and Al, their brothers cause more trouble….. Poor boys, I suppose they all need hugs in the end.

Anyhow, its got the parent seal of approval as well as the fan seal of Approval.

Heh, Cp’s been doing the manga too and loves it. I haven’t had time to touch it myself. I hope Ed watching his language, the little bugger has a mouth on him. I suppose I should give my son a chance to think he’s getting away with reading something he shouldn’t eh?

Redrose
animefangirl
im gonna go to the barnes and noble in manhatten on saterday and get it !
Ed-Elric
i read it all ready it was pretty cool like the 2 episodes "other brothers elric"
ChibiWinry_05
i live in a remote area so i can't really get the book unless go out of state or out of town, i hate where i live no good anime >.< man this sucks i want to read the book so badly
Scars of love
I like how it has the manga art for it. I wonder how these novels will turn out?
In All Black
QUOTE(ChibiWinry_05 @ Oct 13 2005, 09:01 PM) [snapback]300050[/snapback]

i live in a remote area so i can't really get the book unless go out of state or out of town, i hate where i live no good anime >.< man this sucks i want to read the book so badly

Hey, if you really want to read it and all 52 chapters of the manga that are available to date then you should try this site. I have read the entire series off of it and they come out with a translated version of the newest manga around the middle of every month. Just htought I would help. Also, while you are there, you don't have to to see the site, but if you want to add comments, your own pics of FMA, or simply tak about FMA, then you can sign up and get a screen name to chat and share. They try to keep everything as clean as possible, but Ed does have a mouth on him at times. The manga is translated very well for the most part. Some of it could be changed, but you'll get the idea. The only thing is, is that when you wind up like me, tearing throught the books like a madman (or madwoman in your case), you wind up having to wait a FULL MONTH before you get to know what happens next. So my advice is to take it easy because for the time being you won't be able to get to the end yet because it isn't even written. Just take you time. Sorry I am babbling on and on but try it out. Not just you, but all of you.

http://groups.msn.com/FullMetalAlchemist/f...emistmanga.msnw
lonewolf100
i read a small preview of this book when my brothr got a free small preview of it. it was good. how much is it?
Ladymercury (unable to login)
The book is 9.99 plus tax (so it comes, roughly (if your tax is 6%) 10.49 or something).

I liked it, still reading it since I've been reading it slowly... but I read the bonus story and fell in mad love with it. Oh, how I love Roy and his crew.
GaluxKitty
Anyone who's actually bought the book; how's the 13th Warehouse gaiden? It's the only thing I'm considering buying the book for. XD
Ladymercury (unable to login)
Its cuter than episode 37 <3
Frozen Ice Alchemist
Yea, I actually saw 2 brothers read 2 FMA novel at the Church?!
The novel is also available here in Hong Kong, but of course, in chinese. I haven't
seen it in the book stores of Hong Kong, but hopefully I will soon. By the way,
I don't think its gonna be cheap in Hong Kong, they sell things according to it's
popularity. FMA is quite popular now here, they sell all these FMA stuff. For e.g
bookmarks, folder, pencil, pencil case, school bag, and other stationery stuff...
GaluxKitty
QUOTE(Ladymercury (unable to login) @ Oct 18 2005, 10:42 AM) [snapback]300965[/snapback]

Its cuter than episode 37 <3

Damn, that means I'll have to chip out $25AUD to get it. XD
Jen_Elric
I went to my local Waldenbooks and bought the last copy!! I just started reading and I already love it! It's neat reading an actual novel (and not a manga) that contains anime/manga characters!!
Mikage_Elric
I just got my copy from Media play at my town. and i haven't read it. Russel is sooo hot.
Ladymercury (unable to log in)
I'm almost finished with the book and this novel is totally awesome. I didn't like the episodes in the manga, but this twist of the story makes it so much better. The way Russel and Ed verbally abuse each other is funny.
AndroidLust
I just finished reading the novel (in the store tongue.gif ) and it was pretty cool. The extra story was entertaining but...Riza wasn`t a lieutenant, she was a captain. Was this intended, or just a mistake?
No, Riza is a First Lieutenant in the series...

And I'm not exactly... /fond/ of the book, it's okay, I guess. I probably won't be buying the next one... it depends what stories are in it. I also think I'm too picky. xD;;;

For example, they call Roy the 'Fire Alchemist'. This is coming from a Roy fan, but... -shrugs- And there where several other mistakes, too... isn't the spelling 'Trigham', not 'Trigum?' -blinks- Well, whatever..
Ichigo no Aku
I don't know if its the same story.... unsure.gif but Arakawa Hiromu's short Frankenstein story, Raiden-18, scanlations are available here in both chinese and english. smile.gif

Its only a chapter long... but very entertaining in my opinion happy.gif some of the characters resemble the hagaren ones...
adamclark
well, not to chalk it all up to corporate marketing, but a novel of the show seems pretty interesting.

of course, i doubt it is by hiroma. it sounds just an adaptation of "The Other Bros Elrich" so it's not anything new. corporations always do that with shows and movies. i remember getting a spider-man novel based on the first movie. it was alright, but not as good as if it was a stand-alone story.

i would like hiroma write an all-new original story in novel form. but of course, that is what she is doing with the manga.
Is this book avaliable in Singapore? Because I can't seem to find it. tongue.gif
NeoKakashi
QUOTE(adamclark @ Oct 27 2005, 02:51 AM) [snapback]305077[/snapback]

well, not to chalk it all up to corporate marketing, but a novel of the show seems pretty interesting.

of course, i doubt it is by hiroma. it sounds just an adaptation of "The Other Bros Elrich" so it's not anything new. corporations always do that with shows and movies. i remember getting a spider-man novel based on the first movie. it was alright, but not as good as if it was a stand-alone story.

i would like hiroma write an all-new original story in novel form. but of course, that is what she is doing with the manga.

The novel was made way before the anime episode aired.
paca
hi!
I can't find where to get (not buy) the novelsss????
bloodlust alchemist
QUOTE(paca @ Jun 1 2006, 11:48 AM) [snapback]404378[/snapback]

hi!

just look for it at borders and barnes and n0ble and be patient because ive seen the n0vel s everi time i go to the b00kstore
Popogeejo
QUOTE(bloodlust alchemist @ Jun 17 2006, 04:35 AM) [snapback]412846[/snapback]

hi!

just look for it at borders and barnes and n0ble and be patient because ive seen the n0vel s everi time i go to the b00kstore

Just a small friendly request, could you not use "0" instead "o" please? It looks kinda dumb. Thanks.

Also why don't you do it with every "o"?
bloodlust alchemist
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Jun 16 2006, 11:53 PM) [snapback]412857[/snapback]

QUOTE(bloodlust alchemist @ Jun 17 2006, 04:35 AM) [snapback]412846[/snapback]

hi!

Just a small friendly request, could you not use "0" instead "o" please? It looks kinda dumb. Thanks.

Also why don't you do it with every "o"?

sry i was writing ths at n ite and i coodnt tel the o's from the 0's biggrin.gif
bloodlust alchemist
woohoo just got a copy of the 3rd vol novel of fma!!!!! it is so sweet and interesting! ususally i dont get interesting
Popogeejo
1) Don't double post,
2) This isn't the thread for discussing the novel. Look in the Manga forum.
alchemic_angel
QUOTE(In All Black @ Oct 17 2005, 12:14 AM) [snapback]300789[/snapback]

QUOTE(ChibiWinry_05 @ Oct 13 2005, 09:01 PM) [snapback]300050[/snapback]

Hey, if you really want to read it and all 52 chapters of the manga that are available to date then you should try this site. I have read the entire series off of it and they come out with a translated version of the newest manga around the middle of every month. Just htought I would help. Also, while you are there, you don't have to to see the site, but if you want to add comments, your own pics of FMA, or simply tak about FMA, then you can sign up and get a screen name to chat and share. They try to keep everything as clean as possible, but Ed does have a mouth on him at times. The manga is translated very well for the most part. Some of it could be changed, but you'll get the idea. The only thing is, is that when you wind up like me, tearing throught the books like a madman (or madwoman in your case), you wind up having to wait a FULL MONTH before you get to know what happens next. So my advice is to take it easy because for the time being you won't be able to get to the end yet because it isn't even written. Just take you time. Sorry I am babbling on and on but try it out. Not just you, but all of you.

http://groups.msn.com/FullMetalAlchemist/f...emistmanga.msnw

It says they've been dismissed?
The New Fullmetal Alchemist
What? huh.gif Umm... this is a forum for the novel, but since you're looking for the manga... unsure.gif you can access all of the chapters by going to the manga viewer that's linked onto this site under the "Manga" heading... yeah... chapter 61 (should be) out now, and the nice people at www.zomgfta.com are usually very good about translating and getting the chapter out as quickly as possible... anyway, I loved the second book most of all! Especially when [spoiler]Ed runs up to Mustang yelling, "Dad! Hey, dad!"[/spoiler] Bwahahahahaaaa!!! Aaaah... Priceless.... smile.gif
Shiggy
Say what...? o_O;
Silly Penguin
i own up to vol. 3 of the novels i'm curently reading vol. 3 'The Valley of White Petals' it's awesome! laugh.gif
anyone know when or if vol. 4 came out yet?
and @ The New Fullmetal Alchemist: lol, i rember that part of the book, lol! XD
dahomunculi
SSSSQQQQUUEEEE!!1 I got them yesterday and I read it up to vol 1.- I had to stay up until 2 to do that.. ah.. so.. sleepy... I love the last line on the first book!

SPOILER BELOW
/
/
/
/
to this day, Roy hasn't got any of his money back

jaa-jaa marvules!!
iyant
I've read this books until the 12nd book. i want ask a question, when the new series will be out because i've waited for 3 months since the last series
thank you
Popogeejo
There will be no new series as far as I'm aware. Certainly no mention of it has been seen here...
Annelili
My library has volumes 1 and 3 but not two. i also get all my manga i can from the library ^.^;; they seem really expensive to me. i am going to order the second novel. i really liked the first one but not the third one as much. does anyone know if Makoto Inoue is writing a fourth one? huh.gif
Tombow
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Jun 25 2006, 02:29 PM) [snapback]416183[/snapback]
This isn't the thread for discussing the novel. Look in the Manga forum.
Yap. please use FMA Novels thread for the actual discussion. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.