Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vol. 12 (chapters 46, 47, 48, 49)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
MasterKris
Volume 12 covers chapters 46, 47, 48, & 49, and out in Japan on November 21, 2005

YAY!! biggrin.gif
Volume 12 is finally out! *puts it on wish list*

It features Ling and RanFan in the cover!!
(see the tiny hand of Ed?)

ETA: Chapters covered:
Chapter 46: "The Distant Image of Their Backs"
Chapter 47: "A Girl in the Grip of Battles Past and Present"
Chapter 48: "A Promise Made by Those Who Wait"
Chapter 49: "A Monster Among Men"
Sensenic
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Oct 12 2005, 07:56 PM) [snapback]299053[/snapback]

YAY!! biggrin.gif

-pic-

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif OMG!!!! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Best COVER EVARR!!

Me wants, me wants, ME WANTS!!

-ehhem- u_uU[fanboy mode off]

Yey, gotta wonder who's in the side this time? I mean, I re-checked and, IIRC, no one died in these four chapters... Who am I missing? It shall be known soon.
GS4Life
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww poor Ran Fan(so cute, hey I know when people are making fun of me stop it! Oh you aren't errrrrrrrrrrr my bad dry.gif ). Ling you kick ass. That is one awsome cover, thanks for posting it. That tiny hand of Ed is twice the size of Winry's hand biggrin.gif .

<Edited out too many wwwwws that were stretching the forum page. 03/02/07 ~Tombow>
darkangelslayer
Aw, they put crying-Winry-with-a-gun-picture on the cover. Shouldn't she feel special? happy.gif

I love Scar's Bradley's reflecting eyes on Ling's sword. It's also sweet how Ran Fan and Ling are all cuddly. I feel another "Who's the best couple?" poll coming soon...

QUOTE(GS4Life @ Oct 12 2005, 02:35 PM) [snapback]299157[/snapback]

That tiny hand of Ed is twice the size of Winry's hand biggrin.gif .

I just noticed that. It is quite large isn't it?
Reika
ne ne ne!!! i heared this month a new special volume was about to come out, and it had all the omake's plus more!!! Is it this??!! I want it!!! >.<
Automne
God, I already saw that cover but I can't get enough of it! XD I feel icons idea coming in my head! happy.gif;;

<off topic< Can someone tell me when the 'Book in Figure Black' comes out? Please. Pretty please? <off_topic<
Zyric
x3 So awesome! Much love for Arakawa.

Eeeeeeeeeee! *insert RanFan fangirl wibbling here*
Dark_Fishie
I think it's King Bradley's image reflected on Ling's sword, sans Eyepatch. Ling fights King Bradley in chapter 46, which should be in the volume. It's an awsome cover though - the darkest and bloodiest one yet.
Yey, gotta wonder who's in the side this time? I mean, I re-checked and, IIRC, no one died in these four chapters... Who am I missing? It shall be known soon.
Sensenic: You're right. blink.gif Who's gonna take that spot now? *is scared*

Cloud #1: I feel lonely...
Cloud #2: Hey, we can just take some random person down there! *grabs Edo*
Ed: Hey! What are you doing! I'm not dead!! *does clappy alchemy, falls, dies*
Cloud #1: Nice to see you again!
Ed: *shakes fist* Just wait till I sue you!
Al: *gazing up at the sky* Nii-san... YOU DITCHED ME! DIE!!!! Oh, right, you're already dead...
XD

Maybe it's an innocent bystander?
AndroidLust
It`s a beautiful cover..too bad I don`t really like any of the characters on it.
GS4Life
What? CRAZY FOO! How do you not like Ling,Ran Fan,Winry,Wrath,Ed, or Scar? Is it even possible to dislike them(well except for when one is jealous of Winry over Ed but let's not go there now.)

AndroidLust
What? CRAZY FOO! How do you not like Ling,Ran Fan,Winry,Wrath,Ed, or Scar? Is it even possible to dislike them(well except for when one is jealous of Winry over Ed but let's not go there now.)

Firstoff, I am not not not an Ed fangirl. I don`t really care much for Ed. I could care less about what happens to Winry, Ling, and Ran Fan. I am quite angry at Wrath at the moment, and Scar is just annoying.

My own opinions don`t make me a "crazy foo!".
Antimony
QUOTE(AndroidLust @ Oct 12 2005, 09:40 PM) [snapback]299297[/snapback]

Firstoff, I am not not not an Ed fangirl. I don`t really care much for Ed. I could care less about what happens to Winry, Ling, and Ran Fan. I am quite angry at Wrath at the moment, and Scar is just annoying.

Not to criticize you, but if you don't care about the characters why do you read the story? That doesn't make sense to me.
MasterKris

It also can be a character that died in the previous volume. (Like vol 4)
Or a random character. (Like vol 3)
Hmmmm..... what chapters are in vol 12?
Kynikos
Awesome! biggrin.gif I can't wait to read it...if I could that is =_=.
Willow
o.o Oh... what a lovely cover! Best I've seen so far..... X3
Winry The Alchemist
this chapter sucks
AA battery
yoshi! Lin and Ran Fan! <3

*phones her auntie to remind her to get the vol 12 chinese when it is out*
Automne
QUOTE(Winry The Alchemist)
this chapter sucks

And that, my friends, was the intelligent post of the day... sleep.gif

It's true it's the best cover so far plus I changed my opinion of Ling and Lan Fan so I like it even more... ~_~
Tombow
Ohhhh, this is the best cover!!
I am a Ran Fan fan, and this is so cool!!
Aoko-chan
THATS A WONDERFUL COVER!!!!! I LOVE IT!!! (it meaning... Ling x Ranfan cover pic ^^;;) Too bad... there's only one part of Ed, ha..but its touka koukan for Ling x Ranfan ^^
Sensenic
EDIT: Forgot to comment: On second looks, I don't like Wrath's face in it... It's too wide... Can be the reflection in the sword, but he still looks "fatter" and uglier.
Other than this, still... [fanboy]OMFGG!!!!!!!!!11eleven[/fanboy]
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Oct 13 2005, 04:31 AM) [snapback]299340[/snapback]

It also can be a character that died in the previous volume. (Like vol 4)
Or a random character. (Like vol 3)
Hmmmm..... what chapters are in vol 12?

About the chapters, no remember, will check at home (bored at work, now happy.gifU)...
EDIT: it's 46, 47, 48 and, guess what... 49. sleep.gifU

But, as for volume 4, the twins "died" in vol.4 IIRC, Vol 3 ends with Lust's "fingers" impaling the older brother, yes, but you could say the character itself, 48, died "completely" in vol. 4.
And the soldier was no random character, he was explicitly killed by Barry, and was the only (complete happy.gifU) death in that volume. Same as dun-remember-his-name The Silver Alchemist at the hands of Scar in Vol. 11. The fact that they were of (almost) no importance doesn't mean they were chosen at random, they were the only deaths shown in their respective volumes. But, as per vol. 12... as far as I can remember, will check at home too, no one died, explicitly or not. Nor in 13, which was complete with this one, if I'm not miscalculated (can perfectly be, tho' happy.gifU), now that I think of it...
EDIT: No it wasn't. Next one will finish Vol. 13.

Hmm.... Arakawa's going softer.... tongue.gif
QUOTE(Tombow @ Oct 13 2005, 01:15 PM) [snapback]299552[/snapback]

I am a Ran Fan fan

Quote of the week! laugh.gif
It's almost musical.
GS4Life
I'm more than just a fan of Ran Fan(Gee I should really change my name to Captin Obvious after that one.)
MasterKris
About the chapters, no remember, will check at home (bored at work, now U)...
EDIT: it's 46, 47, 48 and, guess what... 49. U

But, as for volume 4, the twins "died" in vol.4 IIRC, Vol 3 ends with Lust's "fingers" impaling the older brother, yes, but you could say the character itself, 48, died "completely" in vol. 4.
And the soldier was no random character, he was explicitly killed by Barry, and was the only (complete U) death in that volume. Same as dun-remember-his-name The Silver Alchemist at the hands of Scar in Vol. 11. The fact that they were of (almost) no importance doesn't mean they were chosen at random, they were the only deaths shown in their respective volumes. But, as per vol. 12... as far as I can remember, will check at home too, no one died, explicitly or not. Nor in 13, which was complete with this one, if I'm not miscalculated (can perfectly be, tho' U), now that I think of it...
EDIT: No it wasn't. Next one will finish Vol. 13.

Now that I think about it... it does make sense... and for the soldier one, what I meant was that a non important character got on it. (remember his quote? laugh.gif )

Everyone is getting excited about Ran Fan appearing on the cover. Ling and Ran Fan need the spotlight, since they didn't appear in the anime. biggrin.gif

p.s. THANX FOR THE CHAPTERS!
GS4Life
I wasn't being very serious, but I too wonder why you read the story if you don't like the characters, do too wonder why you read the story. The eliminations leave just about Al, Roy, Gluttony, Envy, and Riza left to like.

Anyways Ling and Ran Fan do indeed need more spotlight *rants about it*
AndroidLust
QUOTE(Antimony @ Oct 12 2005, 07:15 PM) [snapback]299324[/snapback]

QUOTE(AndroidLust @ Oct 12 2005, 09:40 PM) [snapback]299297[/snapback]

Not to criticize you, but if you don't care about the characters why do you read the story? That doesn't make sense to me.

Those aren`t the only characters in the story, you know. I usually like only a few characters from whatever anime or manga I`m interested in, and none of the characters on the cover are the ones that keep me interested in FMA.
sai-chan
Is there a thread with all the cover scanlations around here?

This forum loads veeery slowly for me, so I'm asking before-hand ><

And this cover is really nice, but I like it better for the nice sum-up of the story, rather then just Ling and Ran Fan.. They make a cute couple I guess, and I really like Ling and Ran Fan, but I like other covers too. There's no BEST ONE EVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!111 for me. ;o

And I agree with AndroidLust, s/he has every right to disagree on liking certain characters or not, or liking the manga or not for certain reasons. I, for example, don't like FMA manga because of couples and all that shipping crap, I like it because of the story and the very well-made characters (Insert much much love for Arakawa-sensei here <333).

Obsessing over couples is, to me, a waste of time, since the only one that really got a saying is Arakawa-sensei, and no one can really do anything about it. =P
Nepharski
Certainly a far more detailed cover that usual. Very nice. I especially enjoy how Bradley is reflected in the sword.

I have a question: Is there a place where I can see the first 12 covers? I've only seen the first 7.
Zyric
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Oct 13 2005, 06:50 AM) [snapback]299562[/snapback]

Same as dun-remember-his-name The Silver Alchemist at the hands of Scar in Vol. 11. The fact that they were of (almost) no importance doesn't mean they were chosen at random, they were the only deaths shown in their respective volumes.

It might be the Silver Alchemist; I remember reading in this translation of an interview with Arakawa-sensei from ZOMGFTA that she was going more into his past later.
Kirara

Obsessing over couples is, to me, a waste of time, since the only one that really got a saying is Arakawa-sensei, and no one can really do anything about it.

I like the canon couples of the FMA manga (Royai, Edwin, and now Lin & Ran Fan) but I do agree with this statement. That is sort of why I do love the FMA manga though because there isn't an overwhelming focus on romance, it's more subtle and in the background. And thank the gods there is no love triangles.
Sensenic
QUOTE(sai-chan @ Oct 14 2005, 01:54 AM) [snapback]299842[/snapback]

Is there a thread with all the cover scanlations around here?

This forum loads veeery slowly for me, so I'm asking before-hand ><

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Oct 14 2005, 03:25 AM) [snapback]299897[/snapback]

I have a question: Is there a place where I can see the first 12 covers? I've only seen the first 7.

Not only covers, but inner covers, slips, omakes, gaidens, perfect guides...

Pasen y vean! The wonderful scanlating and compilating job done by Shirokage, armor-alchemist et al.

You could almost say the unofficial FMA.com scanlation group.

(...)and all that shipping crap(...)

Question: What does that mean? huh.gif

Obsessing over couples is, to me, a waste of time, since the only one that really got a saying is Arakawa-sensei, and no one can really do anything about it. =P

Indeed. Plus, it makes the fan enjoy less a chapter if the beloved two don't appear...

Another question tho' (not to you, but to everybody): If they're called EdWin, Ling x Ran Fan, etc. (also I've seen NaruSaku. SasuSaku, NaruHina, etc.).... Why Roy x Riza is called Royai? (I know it means "Roy love", mind you.) Been wondering about this for a while...
QUOTE(Zyric @ Oct 14 2005, 04:41 AM) [snapback]299976[/snapback]

QUOTE(Sensenic @ Oct 13 2005, 06:50 AM) [snapback]299562[/snapback]

Same as dun-remember-his-name The Silver Alchemist at the hands of Scar in Vol. 11. The fact that they were of (almost) no importance doesn't mean they were chosen at random, they were the only deaths shown in their respective volumes.

It might be the Silver Alchemist; I remember reading in this translation of an interview with Arakawa-sensei from ZOMGFTA that she was going more into his past later.

Yeah, yeah, I know. I meant his actual name, Jolliot Comanche, that was it. According to Arakawa sensei, out of sadic-weapon-making-and-fighting times the man is actually a really loving and caring grandpa... one never can tell, I guess tongue.gif
Automne
QUOTE(Sensenic)
Why Roy x Riza is called Royai? (I know it means "Roy love", mind you.) Been wondering about this for a while...

Actually, it's not Royai, it's Royeye. Fans spell it Royai certainly because Hawkeye japanese name (ホークアイ) is finished by the katakana A and I. happy.gif
Jellybean
Oh, I was wondering about that too. Thank you for explaining it. smile.gif
MasterKris
1st Vol

2nd Vol

3rd Vol

4th Vol

5th Vol
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/images/...ma_cover_05.jpg

6th Vol
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/images/...ma_cover_06.jpg

7th Vol
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/images/...ma_cover_07.jpg

8th Vol
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/images/...ma_cover_08.jpg

9th Vol
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/images/...ma_cover_09.jpg

All I can do for right now, can't remember where I found the other 3... I did find pictures of them, but they are kinda ruff...

Nepharski
My thanks, MasterKris. That's what I was looking for (Sorry, Sensenic). By the way, is it true that Volume 5 has 5 chapters instead of the usual 4?
Sensenic
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Oct 14 2005, 02:32 PM) [snapback]300199[/snapback]

QUOTE(Sensenic)
Why Roy x Riza is called Royai? (I know it means "Roy love", mind you.) Been wondering about this for a while...

Actually, it's not Royai, it's Royeye. Fans spell it Royai certainly because Hawkeye japanese name (ホークアイ) is finished by the katakana A and I. happy.gif

Oh, it's a pun then. OK, thanks. happy.gif
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Oct 15 2005, 07:03 AM) [snapback]300553[/snapback]

My thanks, MasterKris. That's what I was looking for (Sorry, Sensenic). By the way, is it true that Volume 5 has 5 chapters instead of the usual 4?

Oh, I knew you were looking for those, I just thought they were in that thread. Taking a better look it's obvious they aren't happy.gifU
I've them all (Pokémon? wink.gif Eh.... Sorry sleep.gifU), I'll put the rest up when I have chance, if someone doesn't post 'em before, that is.

And Masterkris, please, couldn't you use links or thumbnails (which is done by having/downloading the image and then uploading it into the post, it's easy), instead of directly putting those "thread-breaking" big things? Thx. happy.gifU
Reika
Does anyone know when does the special edition of this volume come out?
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Oct 12 2005, 10:56 AM) [snapback]299053[/snapback]

YAY!! biggrin.gif
IPB Image

*shakes fist* The drrrraaaammmmaaaaaaaa!

tongue.gif

Awesome cover.
Ladymercury (still unable to log
Er, that post was me ._. forgot that i can't log in still.
alchemistguy
were do you people find all this stuff I can only get vol.3 none of da rest are out???
Kirara
They are the Japnese (untranslated) version Alchemist Guy. Someone told me http://us.yesasia.com/en/index.aspx was a good site to order them. I got volume 11 at Otakon.
MasterKris
And Masterkris, please, couldn't you use links or thumbnails (which is done by having/downloading the image and then uploading it into the post, it's easy), instead of directly putting those "thread-breaking" big things? Thx. U

Sorry, I thought it would be easier to see when the pictures are acutally up instead of links and I was too lazy to download them and uploading to post them up.

I found the last 3 volume covers, but there are two problems. One, they are very ruff because it was photocopied with the plastic thingy over it and some ad paper was inside it. Two, it's Korean...
Nepharski
[quote name='MasterKris' date='Oct 18 2005, 12:45 PM' post='301284']
[quote]I found the last 3 volume covers, but there are two problems. One, they are very ruff because it was photocopied with the plastic thingy over it and some ad paper was inside it. Two, it's Korean...
[/quote]
Why not give it a try?

Oh, and one other request. No images necissary, but whose on all the spines? I don't mean the In Memorium, I mean the outside bind of the book. The first is Edward, second is Alphonse, and the third is Roy. I'm guessing four is Scar and five is Winry. I know that six is Izumi and that nine is Riza. But what about seven, eight, ten, eleven, and twelve? Again, no images needed...just names.
Sensenic
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Oct 19 2005, 09:41 AM) [snapback]301603[/snapback]

QUOTE(MasterKris @ Oct 18 2005, 12:45 PM) [snapback]301284[/snapback]

I found the last 3 volume covers, but there are two problems. One, they are very ruff because it was photocopied with the plastic thingy over it and some ad paper was inside it. Two, it's Korean...

Why not give it a try?

Oh, and one other request. No images necissary, but whose on all the spines? I don't mean the In Memorium, I mean the outside bind of the book. The first is Edward, second is Alphonse, and the third is Roy. I'm guessing four is Scar and five is Winry. I know that six is Izumi and that nine is Riza. But what about seven, eight, ten, eleven, and twelve? Again, no images needed...just names.

AFAICR:
1- Ed sleep.gifU
2- Al sleep.gifU
3- Mustang-kun sleep.gifU
4- Scar sleep.gifU
5- Winry?
6- Izumi sleep.gifU
7- Bradley? Greed?
8- Armstrong
9- Riza (about friggin' time) sleep.gifU
10- LING YAO!!! -ehem- happy.gifU
11- Van Hohemheim
12- Unbeknownst so far

EDIT: Came across this: All the covers tohu wanted? All the covers thou get.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.