Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Manga Do You Want To See As Anime?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Manga
Pages: 1, 2
TheVileOne
Just wondering, I thought this would be an interesting topic.

So what are your favorite manga you are reading right now that has yet to be adapted into an anime series or you think should?

Here are my picks:

Death Note - A great series about a young man who finds a Shinigami's book called the Death Note. The book gives him the power to kill anyone he wants whenever he wants, any way he wants. He uses it as a tool to cleanse the world from evil as he sees fit. Of course it gets out of hand. A brilliant detective named L is trying to stop and capture him. They both turn out to be fellow students and it becomes an intriguing game of cat and mouse. The thing is, Death Note is a very DENSE manga and wouldn't be the conventional anime. There's a lot of talking and exposition. I think it could work though and I'd like to see someone give it a try.

Sword Of The Dark Ones - Manga by Kotobuki Tsukasa based on a novel by Yasui Kentaro. Sword Of The Dark Ones is a fantastic manga that's sort of like BERSERK meets Trigun, Hellsing, and Trinity Blood. Its about an ex-mercenary named Leroy Schwartz, whose partner is a talking sentient sword, named Ragnarok. They live in a world where they hunt powerful demons that threaten humanity called Dark Ones. Leroy whom has inhuman super-abilities harbors a dark secret. A really brutal and violent manga with some BADASS characters. There's a great theme in the manga about self-acceptance as well. The manga itself is only three volumes and is totally finished. It can easily be adapted into one anime movie or possibly short OVA series. If need be it could even be fleshed out into a longer series I think. There's a lot more implied events and stories in the manga that can be shown. This is one manga I'm holding my breath for an anime for.

MegaTokyo - Online strip and American manga graphic novels by Fred Gallagher. Fun story about two un-ambitious Americans who hitch a plane to Tokyo from E-3 and end up getting broke and stuck there. Its made by Americans, but it has a lot of Japanese sensibilities and story devices. All the characters are fantastic, especially the leads including the anime freak, Piro, and the gamer freak, Largo. None of them are cookie cutter, and are 3 dimensional. MegaTokyo is famous for popularizing the language that is l33t.

Any comments? Manga you think needs to get anime?
ScaR
Pastel!
animefangirl
i agree with you about deathnote and i think mink is a good choice
Zarpia
HOT GIMMICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sakura Briefs
I would have to say... DramaCon! YAY! Even if it is backwards. dry.gif I lent it to a friend and she still hasn't given it back. *Bursts into tears* She thinks that it should be an Anime too.
TheVileOne
Hey guys, can you give me a little more info about these titles? General premise, stuff like that. The bullet points smile.gif .
DramaCon- the finer points

-It's about a Manga editor who works with her boyfriend *twitches* on their manga.
-They go to this Convention, to help sell their manga series.
-Chris, the main character, is happy, perky one moment, and sarcastic and evil the next.

To make it all plain and simple, it's just too much fun!
Sakura Briefs
Sorry the message just before this one was me tongue.gif I forgot to sign back in *Sweat Drops*
TheVileOne
QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 9 2005, 12:18 AM) [snapback]297559[/snapback]

-It's about a Manga editor who works with her boyfriend *twitches* on their manga.
-Chris, the main character, is happy, perky one moment, and sarcastic and evil the next.

What kind of manga is it? Freaky deaky manga?

Is this another "American manga" title or is it Japanese?
~.:Anime_Gal:.~
if they could make 1 manga into an anime i would want D.Gray-Man, its just so cool to read ^^
Kakashi
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Oct 8 2005, 09:50 AM) [snapback]297328[/snapback]

Death Note - A great series about a young man who finds a Shinigami's book called the Death Note. The book gives him the power to kill anyone he wants whenever he wants, any way he wants. He uses it as a tool to cleanse the world from evil as he sees fit. Of course it gets out of hand. A brilliant detective named L is trying to stop and capture him. They are in fact both turn out to be fellow students and it becomes an intriguing game of cat and mouse. The thing is, Death Note is a very DENSE manga and wouldn't be the conventional anime. There's a lot of talking and exposition. I think it could work though and I'd like to see someone give it a try.

TheVileOne
Another Death Note fan Kakashi?
Carnal Malefactor
Blade of the Immortal, perhaps? I dunno, I haven't read much manga that isn't anime already.
TheVileOne
OH YES! Thank you so much What, No Bacon. Blade Of The Immortal indeed.

A Blade Of The Immortal anime would be among one of the most brutal and violent of all time. I love the story and the characters.

Another one is Vagabond. Which is a manga about the adventures of the young Miyamoto Musashi.
Sakura Briefs
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Oct 8 2005, 06:25 PM) [snapback]297579[/snapback]

It's Canadian actually. But the woman who wrote it is from Russia or something.

And it's a mixture of a romance and a comedy, so far...
Kakashi
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Oct 9 2005, 08:10 AM) [snapback]297704[/snapback]

Another Death Note fan Kakashi?

Yep, started reading the manga like almost a year ago. I'd love to see it as an anime. Especially to see Ryuk in it.
MagmaAlchemist
Juvinille Orion!!!! That was the first manga I ever read and was really great at that!!!! All the other mangas I've read are animes. Don't know any of the other mangas listed so far here.
Sheska
Oh boy, Death Note looks supremely awesome!!! Now I must buy it!!!

But the manga I think would make a great anime is Zodiac PI. Here's a summery, thanks to Tokyopop:

"Lili is just like any other girl except she can foretell the future! This 'Zodiac PI' relies on horoscopes and astrology to help her solve crimes and track down criminals. When there's trouble a'brewing, she transforms herself into the magic Detective Spica and looks to the stars to guide her way. Before long, she is joined by her childhood friend, Hiromi, who dreams of becoming a detective as skilled as Lili. Soon, no astral investigation is too arduous for this dynamic duo!"

Maybe not the BEST summery in the world but it will do. It really is a great series though.
ScaR
QUOTE(Sakura Briefs @ Oct 9 2005, 06:53 PM) [snapback]297757[/snapback]

QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Oct 8 2005, 06:25 PM) [snapback]297579[/snapback]

It's Canadian actually. But the woman who wrote it is from Russia or something.

And it's a mixture of a romance and a comedy, so far...

Yeah. It's a possibility that she's from Russia. Her name is Svetlana Chmakova.
btw. It sounded like a nice manga, maybe I'll read it^^

edit: Yes it's true.
Svetlana Chmakova was born and raised Russian, and moved to Canada at the tender age of 16.
http://www.tokyopop.com/dbpage.php?propert...=creatorprofile
The Black Blood Alchemist
Definitely "Demon Diary". I also scanned this one manga series about a vampire protecting some sorceress lady, I think or something like that, but I can't remember the name of it for the life of me at the moment. >_< + But from what I've seen, I think that would make a cool anime. The vampire had some weird name and I think he had white hair and red eyes on the cover...
Sakura Briefs
I think you are talking about Rebirth. And it is rather interesting, but there are so many out that you can't read them all in one day @.@.

Oh, and Kendiachi Files would be a nice one to see as an anime.
edsgirl
Well since BOTI ( dry.gif Bacon) and DeathNote have already been mentioned, for me I would really like to see Zombie Powder animated. Although It would be nice if Kubo put some kind of closure to it. Other's on my list include:

Wild Adapter
Hot Gimmick
Love Mode
Viewfinder
Dectective Bluecat
The Black Blood Alchemist
QUOTE(Sakura Briefs @ Oct 11 2005, 06:40 PM) [snapback]298741[/snapback]

I think you are talking about Rebirth. And it is rather interesting, but there are so many out that you can't read them all in one day @.@.

*squee* YES, THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!!OoO <3 Thank you! *glomp* It looks really cool from what I've skimmed over and I'm dying to read it. XD
animefangirl
QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 8 2005, 06:18 PM) [snapback]297559[/snapback]

i heard of that one,i think its by svetlana chmokova or something like that
nakagos bunny
I wish they'd make an animated t.v. series of Angel Sanctuary, really adapting the whole manga. I know there's an OAV of it, but from what I heard it isn't good and doesn't cover hardly any of the series. Done well, AS would make an awesome anime.
kittygirl
Et Cetera. I LOVE that manga. It hasn't been animated yet, but I'll kill to see it.
TheVileOne
BTW guys, I recently checked out DramaCon and really enjoyed it. So thanks for the recommendations.

Also...I really hope Christie dumped that a-hole Derek for good. I hope she ends up with Matt sad.gif .
Ladymercury
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Oct 8 2005, 04:50 AM) [snapback]297328[/snapback]

Just wondering, I thought this would be an interesting topic.

So what are your favorite manga you are reading right now that has yet to be adapted into an anime series or you think should?

Here are my picks:

Death Note - A great series about a young man who finds a Shinigami's book called the Death Note. The book gives him the power to kill anyone he wants whenever he wants, any way he wants. He uses it as a tool to cleanse the world from evil as he sees fit. Of course it gets out of hand. A brilliant detective named L is trying to stop and capture him. They both turn out to be fellow students and it becomes an intriguing game of cat and mouse. The thing is, Death Note is a very DENSE manga and wouldn't be the conventional anime. There's a lot of talking and exposition. I think it could work though and I'd like to see someone give it a try.

It would do better as a live action tongue.gif (the shinigami deal is so over shadowed with the crime suspense).
Water Achemist
Definately HOT GIMMICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Luke Groundwalker
QUOTE(Ladymercury @ Oct 31 2005, 04:33 PM) [snapback]307330[/snapback]
It would do better as a live action tongue.gif (the shinigami deal is so over shadowed with the crime suspense).

Actually, Death Note is going to be made into live-action movies (yes, that's meant to be plural). In Japan, of course. tongue.gif

As meantioned before, Death Note would be a great anime. Also, I wish the Trigun anime was expanded more so it can show the rest of the story (which was in the manga), as the Trigun anime's story is about 1/3 of the manga's. :<
Jen_Elric
W Juliet!!! A sweet and fun Shojo from Emura!! It's just so beautifully drawn.
major_ed_pride
Aquarian Age: Juvenile Orion and Demon Dairy...those two are awesome but sadly they are stupidly short T.T at five and seven volumes T.T
Kitty Alchemist
Aquarian Age: Juvenile Orion and Death Note
InsaneFangirl
Hot Gimmick.
Hats
QUOTE(zarpia @ Oct 8 2005, 03:41 PM) [snapback]297440[/snapback]

HOT GIMMICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not the only one! Yay! I'd love to see Hot Gimmick as an anime. happy.gif
MasterKris
D.GRAY-MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
slate alchemist
The only manga that I know that hasn't been an anime is Death Note.
Kel
I agree with the OP on megatokyo lol. Also death note would be good. and I REALLY wanna a remake of the fruits basket anime...cause it sucks. I'd like to see the xxxHolic anime (I know it's there. so it doesnt count. I've just never seen it *shrug*) Most things I like are both animes and mangas...oh well.
Chibka
Dragon Knights would be great to see as an anime.
pawnedbyme
um full metal alchemist and naruto but i can't stay up late enough to watch it becsasue my mom doesn't let me and now i lost my cable and we aren't getting it back casue we moved and my parents r too lazy to get back again since they don't even watch any channels all they do is watch old fashion chinese movies.
Edward Elric_is_Love
MARS and Princess Ai!
Razzy
Like Sakura Briefs mentioned before, I would definitely want Dramacon to be made into anime! It is so cool and it's the funniest manga I've ever read!
Fushi
I'd like to see Fushigi Yuugi: Genbu Kaiden animated. And some of Yuu Watase's other works as well like Alice 19th or Imadoki.

Would also like to see a PROPER, full length, Angel Sanctuay series. The OAV only covered volumes 1- 3 and half of 4. There are about 20 volumes of AS. :| I'd like to see the whole series done.

Zodiac P.I. would make a neat anime in my opinion as well.
pawnedbyme
I wanna see Mar as a animie but i don't know if there is one.
ScarMySoul
Legal Drug would be a great one to have as an anime. There are some Shounen-ai aspects to it but the storyline is great.
Kaien
King of Hell. I think this would be a great anime! Now that I think about it, the main character, Majeh, acts a lot like Ed. haha
Tian Ai
Kaze Hikaru, it's not very popular in America, I think the Shojo Beat magazine dropped it after a year or so o.o"

It stuck to some traditional styles of art, and has a long, flowing storyline, unlike some of the choppy, fast-paced ones for a change biggrin.gif It's fresh, and it's based off the Shinsengumi [although I can't say much about the Shinsengumi]
Nekokitty
Vampire Knight.
It's really good, I should go pick up volume one.
Zarpia
QUOTE(ScarMySoul @ Jan 19 2007, 08:54 PM) [snapback]495607[/snapback]
Legal Drug would be a great one to have as an anime. There are some Shounen-ai aspects to it but the storyline is great.
Ooooh. I agree with you a 100% ^^
Arthur-F.Metal4life
well Gantz was 26 episodes only and there are like 244 mangas out and i would definantly pay to see those Gantz episodes from manga if that would happen i wouldnt ask nothing from noone and if they would make a sequel for FMA movie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.