Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Episode 30 Discussion
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2
TheVileOne
Here we go guys, the discussion thread for the 30th episode.

Last week we learned the mysterious boy in fact carried Ed's limbs that he lost when he performed human transmutation. Frightened and paniced, he fled. We ALSO learned that Izumi and Sig know how homunculi are created.

And who was that lizard-like creature watching Ed at the end?

I already know, but you won't find out until later .

Automne
Ah! The episode has been aired then! happy.gif You'll all learn a lot in the next episode.

I'll put spoilers just to be safe:

[spoiler]For the moment, what do you think? Is Kimblee going to succed in what he planned to do? We know the furher is at South HQ so why do we see him talk to Mustang in the end? ohmy.gif [/spoiler]

Hehe, it shouldn't be too hard to know the answers! happy.gif

Pamster
I am so psyched about tonight's eppie! I know what happens already but still I can not WWAIT to see it dubbed. I think they've done a great job on it so far. biggrin.gif
Mustang_2
So this would be the new episode tonight? I can't wait for tonight. I really want to see what is happening. I missed a couple of episodes. But they will play them again this coming week, so I will be able to catch up, right? Well if not I will just have to buy the dvds. Well I hope it is as good as you all say it is.
Odysseus
Same here Pamster, even though I already saw it, I still can't wait for the dubbed version. Call me crazy. wacko.gif Still waiting to see how well Troy Baker can pull off Archer's voice.

Oh and Mustang_2 I'm not sure if Episode's 27 through 29 will be re run after the reruns of Season 1 end. Adultswim.com shows 27 being reaired on the 20th but that seems.... odd since episode 31 should be reaired that day..
Automne
Argh sorry! I didn't know it hasn't been aired yet! ohmy.gif Fortunatly, I put spoilers! happy.gif;;
SilverHawk
I'm excited too! There hasn't been that much of a plot since the new season began; it's been mostly flashbacks. And while those were very interesting, I can't wait to see what happens in the present. The name and preview make it seem like it's going to be one of the best episodes in a while.
blackrider76
i just watched it, dont worry it will make some things clear, especially why izumi is so protective about wrath
TheVileOne
QUOTE(SilverHawk @ Oct 8 2005, 09:29 PM) [snapback]297490[/snapback]

I'm excited too! There hasn't been that much of a plot since the new season began; it's been mostly flashbacks. And while those were very interesting, I can't wait to see what happens in the present. The name and preview make it seem like it's going to be one of the best episodes in a while.

We found out all about Ed and Al's teacher. We also found out what happened to Ed's missing limbs. And we found out how Ed was able to affix Al's soul to armor and perform alchemy without a circle. This means that Izumi has done something similar. We also know that Izumi knows how homunculi, the creatures pursuing the Elrics, are created.
Mustang_2
I just watched it and nothing made any sense to me. I am even more lost than before. I still have no clue how the hummunculi were made and how they work the way they do. I know about the other episodes and what happened but I am still confused. Yes we learned all of these thingd, but I still don't how they are made when she is about to die on her own and now the furer is involved to be the bad guy and kill the elrics and izumi because they are to close. Like he said he is the fifth. So Something has to go wrong, everyone that got to close has died so far, and now they are trying to kill even more people.
ChibiWinry_05
wow man that ep was really awsome!!!! they totally explained about Izumi nicely dubbed to i might add. man i loved that ep i'm going to watch it again at 1 30 Izumi was totally kiccking ass and taking names
Mars
How does she go to the bathroom without intestines ;-;
the_lightning_alchemist10

not sure...anyway I loved the episode!! It explained quite a lot!!!!! Oh and it finally showed the guy (WARNING!! SPOILER IN NEXT NONE UPPER CASE WORD IF THEY DIDN'T SAY THE NAME OF THE GUY WITH THOSE GIRLS AND DRINKS: greed)!!!
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(Mars @ Oct 9 2005, 02:37 AM) [snapback]297681[/snapback]

i did't think she lost her intestines i know she lost her uteris and something that looked like somthing around the stomach area
Tombow
Exciting episode with lots of happening. smile.gif

QUOTE(the_lightning_alchemist10 @ Oct 9 2005, 01:57 AM) [snapback]297688[/snapback]

...Oh and it finally showed the guy (WARNING!! SPOILER IN NEXT NONE UPPER CASE WORD IF THEY DIDN'T SAY THE NAME OF THE GUY WITH THOSE GIRLS AND DRINKS....)!!!

Mr. "what's his name" is cool.
"Since you so passive-agressively volunteered..." I think I can use that phrase somewhere in my conversation this week. happy.gif

QUOTE(Odysseus @ Oct 8 2005, 04:20 PM) [snapback]297483[/snapback]

...Oh and Mustang_2 I'm not sure if Episode's 27 through 29 will be re run after the reruns of Season 1 end. Adultswim.com shows 27 being reaired on the 20th but that seems.... odd since episode 31 should be reaired that day..

Ummmm, they don't show the rerun of new episode on Thusday night these days.
Instead, they show continuing old episodes Mon through Thursday nights.
I know, it's rather confusing with frequent schedule changes. sad.gif
TheVileOne
Even the doctor doesn't understand how she survives without her lower internal organs.

All the voice actors brought their A game tonight.

BTW, Marta was played by Tiffany Grant (Asuka from Evangelion).

Lizard Man was played by Greg Ayres (Chrono in Chrono Crusade and Shinji in Full Metal Panic).

Funimation's been using a lot of crossover talent and VA's from ADV for this dub. EVERYONE wants to be a part of it.
Odysseus
I am still pleased with the dub actors, but some of Archer's lines seemed a little... fast. But it's still all good. I'm pleased with his voice. (Lizard guy seemed iffy at first, but later on did great.)

Following spoiler box contains content on "what's his name" as Tomboy put it lol. Including his name.

[spoiler]so.... Greed is british now? Well, I guess the whole place is based on a Eurpoe like area... but "bloody"? lol. It kind of struck me as funny. However, I still like it. His voice still rocks.[/spoiler]

Episode 31 is going to be excellent.....
Tombow
Wow, lots of crossover VAs. Thanks for the info!!

QUOTE(Odysseus @ Oct 9 2005, 03:09 AM) [snapback]297703[/snapback]

[spoiler]so.... Greed is british now? Well, I guess the whole place is based on a Eurpoe like area... but "bloody"? lol. It kind of struck me as funny. However, I still like it. His voice still rocks.[/spoiler]

BUWAHAHA! Now that you pointed that out, that's so funny! biggrin.gif
Lizard man's voice was fine with me, and so as everyones'. I enjoyed them.

Can't wait to see ep 31!!
CursedAnubis
All the Homunculi have orosbouros tattoos right? Is there a reason they have it or is it just something they put in so we have something to identify them by?

This episode was awesome, with all the mounting tension, and a possible 5 way battle (inluding Bradley?)... Bound to be very exciting!

That look Ed made when Armstrong asked what he was going to do if he verified if the boy's limbs were his was kind of sad... because it really is quite a dilemma. To get my limbs back by tearing them off of somebody else's body? Egh.
As for transmutation without circles, does that have to do more with seeing copious amounts of information inside the gate, or does it have to do with losing body parts? (Poor Izumi ;_;)

From what I've learned so far from watching , am I right to make the conclusion that
[spoiler]
The little boy is created from Izumi's failed human transmutation?[/Spoiler] Or maybe I'm just crazy haha
Automne
Ah no, you're not crazy at all CursedAnubis! XD

QUOTE(CursedAnubis)
and a possible 5 way battle (inluding Bradley?)...

There is a mistake in this happy.gif Ooooh I so want to spoil...Can I? :shudder:

(Yes I know this post is useless but I'm just asking! XD)
Pamster
Oh my god so much to love! So little time to post about it! WOOOT The eppie rocked! I was wanting more by the time it ended...Yoki is such s snitch...This is definitely getting good. I love how they bring back old characters from earlier in the series. And the way that woman like leaned down and got 'his drink' for him that had me laughing so hard! He sure likes the ladies, whatta ladies man Mr. British accent is eh guys?

I am so psyched for the next eppie I hate that we have to wait a week for it but a fan's gottd do whatta fan's gotta do. Don't they reair it on Sunday nights real late? I shoulda taped it, I am posting by memory here, but Izumi sure was kicking butt! I just love how her blood was still on Sieg's shirt even as he stood there watching the HQ being alchemized by his wife. Oh am Al's "Who you calling a freak?" line had me in hysterics, I love it when he gets like that! I think that was an awesome line and snake man sure was arrogant wasn't it funny seeing him scaling the wall like that?

And how Ed knew somethiing was standing there and he stopped his transmutation on the wall, that was so cool! Love it as a whole it was a great eppie. biggrin.gif I like the voices so far too. wink.gif
SilverHawk
Watched it last night. It was great! Bradley's comment at the end made so much tension. Same with that scene with Scar at the end. Can't wait for next week!

QUOTE(ed's numbuh 1 fan)
i did't think she lost her intestines i know she lost her uteris and something that looked like somthing around the stomach area

The doctor said she lost eveything from her liver down.

The only thing that always makes me sad is seeing Armstrong under someone other than Mustang. I like his cheery, over-the-top personality, and his somber, serious one always is depressing. Especially when he just flinched instead of telling the Elrics about Maes Hughes.

One thing I don't get...

Even with Bradley, shouldn't it be a 4-way battle? Shouldn't the Elrics be on the same side as Archer and Armstrong?
Automne
QUOTE(SilverHawk)
Even with Bradley, shouldn't it be a 4-way battle? Shouldn't the Elrics be on the same side as Archer and Armstrong?

[spoiler]Well, no. Since Ed and Al are here to 'take back' the child. Armstrong and Archer are here to stop them to do so of course under the orders of "the Furher" (Why do I put the "" you ask, well, remember last time we saw the Furher in that episode, he was speaking to Mustang.)[/spoiler]
The Thunder Alchemist
Great eppisode, I especially liked the muscle contest between Sig and Armstrong laugh.gif

Plus Izumi is one heck of a hand-to-hand fighter, witness the scene where she took out all those gaurds.

One final thing, Mustang was talking to Bradley at Central and Bradley was also at Eastern wink.gif
Curious...
Tse'yak Naidraug
Man, I love Izumi's no-nonsense attitude. Just walk into South Headquarters, 2 seconds later, BAM! The place looks like a origami Swan.

So, the 5 way battle is starting!

Ed an' Al: Wanting to get the kid back so they cnb figure this thing out.
Izumi: Protecting the kid from harms way.
Archer/Armstrong: Getting the kid so they can get a testimony.
The Crimson Alchemist+Crownies: Their master wants the kid.
"Bradley": Uh...

(Need more sulfer.... *Grabs a guy* That should do.)

EDIT: The Thunder Alchemist, it's the southern headquarters, not the eastern... Quick fix.
Automne
Well, I think the most observant ones already know Bradley may not be Bradley. But why is he here? Well, it shouldn't be too hard to know! ohmy.gif
Tombow
Hmmmm, we see Bradley at two places, that is...
[spoiler]Like, we had seen Ironblood Alchemist showing up at the 5th lab AFTER he was killed by Scar??[/spoiler]
Just my wild guess. biggrin.gif

I think that was part of the reason they inserted that scene with Bradley and Mustang in this episode, besides the obvious reason of telling us that part of the story, to make us go, "huh?? Didn't we just see him at...??"

Anyway, I loved this episode showing all kind of happenings with so many conflicting motivations.
Things are moving fast and furious, and I'm loving this ride!
Odysseus
QUOTE(CursedAnubis @ Oct 9 2005, 06:19 AM) [snapback]297729[/snapback]

All the Homunculi have orosbouros tattoos right? Is there a reason they have it or is it just something they put in so we have something to identify them by?

It's definately not just to identify them by. Much later their use will be revealed. I've always wondered what determines where the orosbouros tattoo is placed though.

[spoiler]The only theory I've been able to come up with is it reflects their name. I mean, Greed can easily be associated with ones hands grabbing other's possesions. Gluttony is obvious. But then you come up with things like Envy and Wrath whose tattoo doesn't seem to have much relation to their name... nor does Sloth for that matter. Maybe I'm looking too much into it....[/spoiler]
Koneko
Highlight to read cause of spoilers :/

Greed called them the "smellric brothers" O___O

He's such a loser-pimp. I can't wait till Envy and Ed kick his ass. :3

Is it spelt Kishuah? I need to know for my big city/town/refuge/dump list. tongue.gif

How does Greed even know who Pride is... I mean he was imprisoned by Envy for 130 years and Pride's only 60 (says the manga).

My sister's so nasty. She paused at the naked Wrath part. O_O

NO WRATH!!! DIDN'T IZUMI EVER TELL YOU NOT TO TAKE CANDY FROM STRANGERS!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! T_T

Jen_Elric
This episode was beyond good!! I wanted to see so much more, but the episode ended. dry.gif
The lizard chimera guy was a little creepy, especially when he climbed up that wall.
Not only did we see Yoki (I started to laugh when I saw him.), but we saw Tucker, but he was in a disguise (hat and coat, to cover most of him up).
I didn't even realize that we saw Bradley in two places almost at once! I think I know why, too. happy.gif
I can't wait!! We found out so much, but still so much was left unanswered.
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(SilverHawk @ Oct 9 2005, 10:44 AM) [snapback]297748[/snapback]

Watched it last night. It was great! Bradley's comment at the end made so much tension. Same with that scene with Scar at the end. Can't wait for next week!

QUOTE(ed's numbuh 1 fan)

The doctor said she lost eveything from her liver down.

oh yeah...sorry i forgot about that unsure.gif
CursedAnubis
Oy. sleep.gif'' It really is amazing Izumi isn't dead, I mean how can your other organs compensate and become like your bladder and intestines and stuff? It's like... One of my lungs shifted down and became my bladder, and my stomach split in half and one of the halves is acting as my intestines o_o'''
TheVileOne
QUOTE(CursedAnubis @ Oct 10 2005, 07:09 AM) [snapback]298043[/snapback]

Oy. sleep.gif'' It really is amazing Izumi isn't dead, I mean how can your other organs compensate and become like your bladder and intestines and stuff? It's like... One of my lungs shifted down and became my bladder, and my stomach split in half and one of the halves is acting as my intestines o_o'''

Perhaps...her alleged dabbling in human transmutation has something to do with it?
Tombow
QUOTE(CursedAnubis @ Oct 10 2005, 02:09 AM) [snapback]298043[/snapback]

LOL, my thought exactly!! Oy, indeed!! laugh.gif
But then, I thought, maybe I shouldn't apply my knowledge of our medical science here.
Izumi is in the Hagaren world, where Al is walking around as the soul in an empty armor, incidentally also as a result of failed transmutation.
And, since I'm I accepting Al's walking soul in the armor as somewhat "normal" Hagaren reality, I'm willing to be open for the possible explanations for Izumi. happy.gif
Willow
I honestly believe… you cannot live without your stomach, liver, etc…. it’s just impossible! O_O It must be some type of miracle that Izumi is still alive….
Radical Alchemist
Yes, this is a world with mutated Zepplins, walking armor, sploady arms, non-human humans, a race of people with red eyes, metal limbs that automatically react with your nerves....

I can go on... and on... and onnnnnn
TwilightPhoenix
Actually I believe that in the Japanese version the doctor said "She lost her organs here and here" and in the dub it's "She lost her organs from here to here" O.o;
It just makes more sense the original way. It's kinda silly that they changed it.
Odysseus
QUOTE(Tombow @ Oct 10 2005, 03:00 AM) [snapback]298056[/snapback]

LOL, my thought exactly!! Oy, indeed!! laugh.gif
But then, I thought, maybe I shouldn't apply my knowledge of our medical science here.
Izumi is in the Hagaren world, where Al is walking around as the soul in an empty armor, incidentally also as a result of failed transmutation.
And, since I'm I accepting Al's walking soul in the armor as somewhat "normal" Hagaren reality, I'm willing to be open for the possible explanations for Izumi. happy.gif

Maybe she transmuted her organs or something to compensate.... or something... I'm just trying to find some sort of explanation. Then again, as Radical Alchemist pointed out there really isn't much of an explanation for why Auto-Mail works either.....
Femalchemist
Thanks for not spoiling things for me and yes I learned a lot from this episode and they know excatly how to keep you on the edge of your seat until next week. I figured out the Bradley thing but what I can't wait to find out is who this outcast is that Scar went to go see. Will it be a new character or someone from earlier episodes, hmm?
Wow, yet another fantastic episode! I loved the muscle fight, very entertaining. Bradley scares me for some reason, I just don't like him. Just like I don't like that kid, O_o
Full Metal Elf
Yea...in the subbed version, I believe he does say here and here...not here to here. And it does make sense, because Izumi didn't loose everything wink.gif.
animefangirl
the coolest part is we got to see greed !
AlphonseRules
My favorite part was seeing Greed's band of evil doers. I especially liked the brief appearance of Tucker. I don't like the little kid either, he's just a tad strange. biggrin.gif I also liked the info we got about Izumi. The endinig was a huge set up. I can't wait until this weeks episode.
Tombow
QUOTE(TwilightPhoenix @ Oct 10 2005, 09:58 AM) [snapback]298107[/snapback]

Actually I believe that in the Japanese version the doctor said "She lost her organs here and here" and in the dub it's "She lost her organs from here to here" O.o;
It just makes more sense the original way. It's kinda silly that they changed it.

QUOTE(Full Metal Elf @ Oct 11 2005, 01:23 PM) [snapback]298629[/snapback]

Yea...in the subbed version, I believe he does say here and here...not here to here. And it does make sense, because Izumi didn't loose everything wink.gif.

I'm glad to know that!! Thanks!!
adamclark
this was a great episode, very intense.

andres higuera
How is the kid a homunculus if he is innocent,
since when did the kid have ed's arm,
how do you prove that izumi transmuted the kid,
and who were those people with greed?
Tombow
QUOTE(andres higuera @ Oct 11 2005, 09:22 PM) [snapback]298859[/snapback]

How is the kid a homunculous if he is innocent,
since when did the kid have ed's arm,
how do you prove that izumi transmuted the kid,
and who were those people with greed?

Here is what I think...

Word "homunculous" is something describing what he/she/it is (categorizing these beings into a group by how they are born/created), and NOT how he/she/it is, such as nice/mean/innocent/evil, etc.
So, the kid can be innocent, and still be a homunculous, I think.
Besides, homunculi might do evil acts, but I don't know if they carry human concept of good/evilness.

Judging from Ed's own words that Ed remembers seeing the kid at the gate when Ed was at the gate and lost his arm and the leg, it's a good chance that that's when the kid got them, or at least, sometime after that.

I don't think we can "prove" 100% from what we had seen so far that Izumi transmuted the kid, because they haven't shown us the actual scene of Izumi performing the human transmutation and that that's how the kid was born. We assume that, from known informations that were presented to us so far, that Izumi had performed human trnsmutation, saw the gate, got the knowledge, and being able to perform alchemy without the circle since then, etc.; the circle on the island from last week's episode where Izumi went, with the trace of something crawing out or something; Izumi's hubby's words that Izumi went alone after their baby's death to "fix it" and Izumi came back with her organs missing after her failed attempt; the kid was being present on the island when Ed and Al were there first time, and the second time; the kid being a homunculous; Izumi's emotional connection to the kid, and so on.

I assume the group we'd seen at the "devil's nest" were from the 5th lab who escaped there when Ed and Al's adventure/investigation of 5th lab went explosive. Including, their group leader homunculous; Tucker, the life-sawing alchemist, or what's he'd became of; psycho Kimblee, the Crimson alchemist who enjoys making explosions using human bodies; the lizard person and other chimeras; and probably some other escapees.
TheVileOne
Just keep watching guys, answers are coming smile.gif .
The Toe Alchemist
Im got confused at the end of this ep. then a few min later i started putting it all together.
I just love the Eps that do that.
Cant wait for the next ep. looks like a good fights a coming.

I dont like the guy that replaced hughes,he seem a bit odd ,like hes up to something
Mustang_2
I know that there are answers coming tomorrow night but i am so confused on how they are created. I mean everything else had failed and when he gets to close something bad is going to happen and they wont explain anything that is going on. I am finally catching up on the episodes and i am even more lost than before. but I still dont get it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.