Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thread dedicated to Trunks (Dragon Ball)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime
Pages: 1, 2
Kasumi
I was wondering when you would start a thread devoted to Trunks. laugh.gif

Anyway, thanks for the pictures! Good pictures of Trunks are so hard to find nowadays...
Fullmetal Alchemist Pr0
hehehe yeah trying to find wicked pictures of him to day dream about smile.gif

anyway i got more pictures wink.gif

http://www.metabee.co.uk/dbz/dbzindex.php
in this website u get all the dbz people even trunks ohmy.gif

http://www.myfavoritegames.com/cgi-bin/dra...i?direct=Trunks
http://www.geocities.com/trunksloverj/index2.html
http://www.saiyanultimate.com/trunkspics.html
http://www.dbzdimension.com/drawings/trunks/
http://gohan_2002.tripod.com/DragonBallZPlatnium/id7.html

thats all in my fav websites
Chibi Viki
so, w/c trunks do you like best? future trunks, goten's partner trunks, or dbgt trunks?

future trunks is the best for me! especially longhaired trunks! he was so cute when baby trunks made a grab for his hair! :,3

plus, he's manlier there than in dbgt (they turned him into a babysitter sleep.gif;;)
bryantq
This really doesnt belong here... movine to General Anime Discussion..
Chibi Viki
oops, sorry, i didn't notice ^^;;
Kasumi
Answering the which Trunks I like better, it has to be Future Trunks. (don't like him with long hair though tongue.gif) I liked Goten's partner Trunks as well! He was so cool. smile.gif

I don't like GT Trunks that much either. But I never really liked the GT series so...
Fullmetal Alchemist Pr0
Well i agree with Kasumi but he looked better with long so thats that tongue.gif
Chibi Viki
i have a thing for long-haired anime guys, you see... and he loked so cool and mature with long hair than with short hair... @____@

yeah, i've been worshipping my huge longhaired trunks poster in my bedroom too much... :,3
Kasumi
I tend to like anime-guys with spiky hair. laugh.gif Trunks is a different story though. (Well, he does have spiky hair when he goes SS, but...)

Did anyone else notice? Trunks and Goten seemed to have switched personalities when they grew up. Chibi Trunks is more out-going while Chibi-Goten is very shy. Well, in GT, Trunks seems very shy (especially when he was working at Capsule Corp.) and Goten...*sighs* I like Chibi Goten so much better...
Chibi Viki
yeah... chibi goten was just oh-so-cute... but in GT, is just wanted to kick him.

i don't know about you guys, but for me, DBGT doesn't exist!
Fullmetal Alchemist Pr0
yeah gt looks old and well with Trunks wearing that out fit well thats a hell no!
Kasumi
GT was just done so poorly... Trunks being turned into a babysitter, Goten is...argh! and Goku being turned back into a child...-__-

Was Toriyama involved with the production of GT?
Chibi Viki
nope... DBGT was done for commercial purposes. you know, milking the DBZ series for all it's worth and prolonging it. the truth is DBZ really should've ended with the cell saga (the manga, that is). Goku was supposed to remain dead with Gohan left to be like the new Goku.

but, due to popular demands, one more season was added...

it's like sir arthur conan's doyle's sherlock holmes. finally sick and tired, a.c. doyle finally decided to kill sherlock holmes... only to revive him due to public demand (and under the queen's (of england) order's)
Kasumi
That's good. 'Cause that means GT really doesn't exist, since Toriyama wasn't involved in its production. (well, you know what I mean...)

The Buu saga wasn't bad...We got to see chibi Trunks and chibi Goten!
Omakase Shimasu
Wut? The manga ends with the Cell saga? T__T Really? I liked the Buu saga... If they'd done the Buu saga, why not GT? GT went overboard (although I still like Gokuu/Goten/Baadakku/Taaresu's seiyuu *___*), Buu was OK. Actually, I think it was my favorite saga. Followed by Cell. biggrin.gif

Aherm. Sorry, this had nothing to do with Torankusu, whatsoever.
Chibi Viki
no, kase... i said... DBZ manga SHOULD HAVE ended with cell saga... toriyama-sensei was SUPPOSED to end DBZ w/ cell saga. but due to popular demands he CONTINUED with Buu saga and finalized the series there.
Omakase Shimasu
Oops. You don't like the Buu saga than? Of course the image of "cool" Torankusu got spoiled because of "brat" Torankusu. laugh.gif I like it though. Hmmm, really should start looking for the manga again.
Chibi Viki
i liked the buu saga too... it's the GT story that i hate.

videl and gohan were just so cute together.... and goten was just so adorable! the most memorable part for me in the buu saga is when vegeta, before self destructing, told his son, trunks to look after his mom. he even told goku that he actually enjoyed being with bulma and trunks. aaaaw.... *tearjerker* T_T
Omakase Shimasu
T___T Now you made me want to see it all over again. Does this happen in the manga too, I wonder? The emotional Bejiita bit. Well.. as emotional as you can get out of him, that is.
Chibi Viki
i didn't watch dbz as a whole... i skip all those battle scenes and move on to the funny or sweet scenes. the battles are repeptitive, that's all... typical shonen that we would normally find boring. they just overdo the fighting sometimes that it's become repetitive. I see one fight, then i've seen them all.
Kasumi
T___T Now you made me want to see it all over again. Does this happen in the manga too, I wonder? The emotional Bejiita bit. Well.. as emotional as you can get out of him, that is.

Yeah, it is in the manga as well.

they just overdo the fighting sometimes that it's become repetitive. I see one fight, then i've seen them all.

And sometimes, they drag out the fight longer than necessary.

The best fight in DBZ would have to be Goten vs. Trunks. Also, the expression on Vegeta's face when Goten "cheated" and turned SS, was priceless. laugh.gif
Chibi Viki
vegeta's bath scene while bulma collected his clothes in the bathroom was expensive...

but the expression on her friends' faces when she announced that her son was vegeta's was priceless! XD
Kasumi
Yeah, and Vegeta comment on "men don't wear pink" was funny! XD

Seriously though, I would've never thought Trunks was Bulma and Vegeta's son. I mean, who would've thought that they'd actually get together?
Chibi Viki
definitely! i always thought bulma would end up with yamcha or something. but i'm not complaining though. bulma and vegeta are just two of a kind and both stubborn!

btw, are they married?
Toshiya
QUOTE(Fullmetal Alchemist Pr0 @ Sep 18 2004, 02:50 PM)

And here we go again^^
*poots spagetti over FMAPRO and tells her that "Goky is much better than trunks"*
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Chibi Viki @ Sep 21 2004, 02:18 AM)
btw, are they married?

As far as I know, they aren't. But I thought they were in GT. blink.gif Man, you guys are completely alike. First Roy/Hawkeye, now Vegeta/Bulma. tongue.gif Hmm, my favorite fight would have to be Vegito against Buu. smile.gif

@Toshiya: Please tell me that Goky was a typo. tongue.gif
Chibi Viki
actually, i prefer goku/chichi... they attracted me to the series and trunks got me hooked... ^^;;
Omakase Shimasu
Goku/Chichi, huh? OK, gotta admit that's nothing like the Roy/Riza pairing. biggrin.gif
Chibi Viki
ahehehe... i was actually waiting for bulmaxyamcha to happen, but vegetaxbulma is WAY better! XD

kulilinxandroid no.18 is also cute :,3
Omakase Shimasu
Really? I thought Yamucha & Bulma were cute together... But it's only more fun for me, since I happen to like Yamucha and Gokuu together. tongue.gif There I go again.. Can't help it, honest.

QUOTE(Chibi Viki @ Sep 21 2004, 06:01 PM)
kulilinxandroid no.18 is also cute :,3

Finally someone who likes this pairing! biggrin.gif For some reason everyone I've met so far either think they're non-existent or they have this crazy idea that 18's too good for Krillin. Poor guy, only because he's short, bald and has no nose...
Chibi Viki
what?! but they're so cute together! it's how kulilin won over android 18's heart that really attracted me to them despite their "differences".
Omakase Shimasu
Exactly! It always kills me to see 18 ditching Krillin for Vegeta or Yamucha or Goku etc. etc. Or 17. O_o
Kasumi
*nods* Krillin and 18 look cute together. And Krillin is so sweet to 18! Especially the part when he was making the wish with the dragonballs!

Speaking of Krillin and 18, there was ONE thing I liked about GT. There was a part where a badly injured 18 was desperately calling out for Krillin while trying to make her way to him. (Krillin was dead at that point.) Later on, we see her going ballistic while screaming "Give back Krillin!"

That was so sad and touching...
Omakase Shimasu
Aaaaw, you're right that sounds sad. I never saw that ep. O_o Never saw much of GT actually, just bits and pieces. Marron grew a nose. I pay attention to the most ridiculous details. rolleyes.gif
Kasumi
I never saw the entire GT series either. I don't think I'll ever have the patience or interest to watch the whole thing.

Marron grew a nose. I pay attention to the most ridiculous details.

Wow, I never noticed that. laugh.gif
Chibi Viki
yeah, i saw this part but never really finished it cuz the plot gave me a major headache >_<

oh well, like shikamaru's father from the naruto series said, "even the toughest woman is soft and gentle to the man she loves"...

aaaaaaaawwwwwwwww..........
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Kasumi @ Sep 22 2004, 11:14 PM)
I never saw the entire GT series either. I don't think I'll ever have the patience or interest to watch the whole thing. 

Marron grew a nose. I pay attention to the most ridiculous details.

Wow, I never noticed that. laugh.gif

At first I didn't even knew who she was, but than I saw her standing with 18 and Krillin and I was like, "...uh? Dragonballs? 18's genes?" Well, granted it would of course be very awkward to see her walking around without a nose. laugh.gif Krillin might be the only one who can pull this off.

oh well, like shikamaru's father from the naruto series said, "even the toughest woman is soft and gentle to the man she loves"...

Aaaaw, my thoughts immediately went out to Izumi and Sig. <3 <3 <3 Their love for each other is so pure and adorable and sweet and tangible (???). Blah. In any case, my FMA het OTP. cool.gif
Fullmetal Alchemist Pr0
QUOTE(Toshiya @ Sep 21 2004, 05:35 AM)
QUOTE(Fullmetal Alchemist Pr0 @ Sep 18 2004, 02:50 PM)

And here we go again^^
*poots spagetti over FMAPRO and tells her that "Goky is much better than trunks"*

*runs in the corner again kill Toshiya kill Toshiya*

its war now all my sayians and legolas*drools and deams about Trunks and legolas*

well i really like legolas and Trunks

IPB Image
Zander Evens
Ok best fight (and eps imo) was :

#1: Gohan going SSJ2, and beating the crap out of all the mini cell's, "THEN" Cell himself. He was just so bad ass! my jaw hit the floor.

#2: Close second fight would have been Goten - Trunks, a good full fight for one whole EPS. Then last but not least

#3 best fight in the series... Goku vs Vegeta! (yep their first one!) They wern't even really even... Vegeta was better! the whole 5 or so eps was decent fighting, with a nice mix up with the others watching on!
Omakase Shimasu
Nana, I liked the Majin Vegeta vs. Goku as well. *__*

Naa... Legolas... dun like 'im. o_o Only when he and Gimli (?) are together. Buwa.
Chibi Viki
i love legolas too :,3

best fight would go to Brolli vs. Goku-tachi
Kasumi
I used to like Legolas... but now, it's like "meh, can't care less..." laugh.gif

Gimli? Who's Gimli? (I know...I have bad memory. dry.gif )

Getting back on topic, yeah, I liked to Majin Vegeta vs. Goku fight as well.

Wait, I just realized that wasn't getting back on topic at all. The topic should be Trunks. LoL!
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Chibi Viki @ Sep 23 2004, 06:30 PM)
best fight would go to Brolli vs. Goku-tachi

Oooh, we can include Movie fights? XD Than my vote would go for~ Gokuu & Bejiita (why am I switching between name translations? O_o) vs. Janemba. ...however you spell his name.

Gimli (if that's how you spell it) is that dwarf who's constantly bickering with Legolas. laugh.gif They crack me up.
Kasumi
Ohh...is he the dwarf with the axe?
Omakase Shimasu
biggrin.gif Yush!

Ehe... you're right. This is so out-of-topic I have trouble seeing the on-topicness. ^__^;;
Kasumi
I see now...Thanks!

Hehe, you're not the only one who has trouble seeing the on-topicness.

Does anybody else have trouble believing how old DB/Z/GT is? It doesn't feel that long ago when I started watching DBZ...
Omakase Shimasu
Me. O_o When I first started out I thought it was brand new. But than I found out about how long ago it had first aired in Japan.

But than, I'm just glad I found out about it in the first place. biggrin.gif So I'm not really bothered by it.
Kasumi
Yeah, DBZ is one of those all-time favourite anime series. I didn't really like DB though...
Omakase Shimasu
You saw DB. O_O I envy you, I only saw a few eps dubbed in German. biggrin.gif I can understand you don't like it, since it's more centered around the hentai. Still, I'd like to see it though.

Oh, reminds me! Anyone seen the Dragonball: The Anniversary Special? *__* I always wanted to see that one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.