Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Neon Genesis Evangelion
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Kyros
Neon Genesis Evangelion (新世紀エヴァンゲリオン Shin Seiki Evangerion, lit. New Century Evangelion?), commonly referred to as Evangelion, is a commercially and critically successful Japanese anime that began in October 1995. The series was highly influential, and launched the Neon Genesis Evangelion franchise. It won several major animation awards. The anime was created by Gainax, written and directed by Hideaki Anno, and co-produced by TV Tokyo and Nihon Ad Systems (NAS).
(Source - Wiki)

List of Characters

Plot Summary: At the age of 14 Shinji Ikari is summoned by his father to the city of Neo Tokyo-3 after several years of separation. There he unwillingly accepts the task of becoming the pilot of a giant robot by the name EVA01 and protect the world from the enigmatic invaders known as "angels." Even though he repeatedly questions why he has accepted this mission from his estranged and cold father, his doing so helps him to gradually accept himself. However, why exactly are the angels attacking and what are his fatherís true intentions are yet to be unraveled.

Genres: action, drama, psychological, science fiction
Themes: mecha, military, post-apocalyptic, real robot, self-identification
Episodes: 26
Age Rating: Older Teen
(Source - ANN)

----------

Has anybody else hear this?! wtf d00d?! seriously, this is supposed to be one of the greatest/most recognized animes evar, and now it's being butchered! *dies* They better not screw this up, which means they better get INSANELY AWESOME voice actors or else there will be tons of problems between anime fans and cartoon network *readies knives, swords, kunai, shurikens, and pistol*

<Merged "Neon Genesis Evangelion" thread with 5 pages of posts to existing "Neon Genesis Evangelion" thread. 05/24/07 ~Tombow>
Exodius
I agree they got some MASSIVE shoes to fill.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I'm completely against Eva being shown on CN, it's going to be hacked to bits.

As for the voice actors, worry not, it's been dubbed already and the VA's suck.
Carnal Malefactor
Whatever happened to ADV not selling the airing rights to any of their shows to CN?

Anyway, this is 10 years too late to make any difference. But it'll be funny to see the InuYasha crowd hate on the show because it goes right over their heads.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
This rumor has been going around for a while and still no sign of Eva on CN. More than likely it's just a rumor. They would have alot to cut out of it to make it airable.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Envy @ Oct 4 2005, 03:46 PM) [snapback]295956[/snapback]

This rumor has been going around for a while and still no sign of Eva on CN. More than likely it's just a rumor. They would have alot to cut out of it to make it airable.

Either that, or only show the first half of the series. laugh.gif
darkangelslayer
Adult Swim Acquires Evangelion

There you go everyone, so shut up now.
Celestial Shadow
Well, as a Evangelion manga reader, (and I'm about to watch the movie soon), and yet as a pro-dub fan...I can only say that I trust Cartoon Network to do a fairly decent job sleep.gif I just don't wanna hear everyone bitch (excuse the language, but that's the best word for it) about Eva coming to AS for the next few months dry.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(darkangelslayer @ Oct 4 2005, 12:07 PM) [snapback]295959[/snapback]

That's just an article about some ATHF poster being sold.

Now who needs to shut up? mellow.gif laugh.gif
darkangelslayer
QUOTE(Envy @ Oct 4 2005, 01:44 PM) [snapback]295970[/snapback]

QUOTE(darkangelslayer @ Oct 4 2005, 12:07 PM) [snapback]295959[/snapback]

That's just an article about some ATHF poster being sold.

Now who needs to shut up? mellow.gif laugh.gif

You have to scroll down in the news section. It's the 19th link down.

Oh! What now?! biggrin.gif
Carnal Malefactor
The dub's existed for a good 8 years now. Yes, it blows.
Blitz
I was waiting for someone to make a thread on Eva. I personally wanna see what they'll do episode 19. All the blood when Eva 01 has the dummy plug take over. o_O They'll cut it all out I bet.
As for Asuka's dub voice, I personally think that she sounds like a 40-year old woman. Misato's VA does a pretty good job.
All I can say is that hell has frozen over for Eva to be airing on CN/Adult Swim.
Celestial Shadow
dry.gif And the bitching commences...

I've never heard the dub, but maybe they're going to re-dub? Nah...Too much time and money involved there.
Kyros
QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Oct 4 2005, 04:04 PM) [snapback]295958[/snapback]

QUOTE(Envy @ Oct 4 2005, 03:46 PM) [snapback]295956[/snapback]

Either that, or only show the first half of the series. laugh.gif

Yeah prolly.

The way I got my info wasn't from a website though. I was watching cartoon network sometime a couple of weeks ago and I saw them talking about the lineup changes, and then I was all like KILL CN DIEDIEDIE YOU DIE! So yeah, I heard it from tv...
Toby-Chan
I thought Evangelion was up there with Gravitation and Yami No Matsuei on the list of anime adult swim would never air for fear of contraversy. huh.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Oct 4 2005, 11:27 PM) [snapback]296206[/snapback]

I thought Evangelion was up there with Gravitation and Yami No Matsuei on the list of anime adult swim would never air for fear of contraversy. huh.gif

Maybe they [and ADV] are figuring they can cash in now that the live action project has been resuscitated. dry.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I fear the live action Eva. dry.gif
Blitz
QUOTE(Envy @ Oct 5 2005, 02:26 PM) [snapback]296352[/snapback]

Ditto that. *shudders*
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Oct 4 2005, 10:27 PM) [snapback]296206[/snapback]

I've never understood why Eva was supposed to be that controversial...Then again, I've only read the manga so far.

QUOTE(Mini @ Oct 5 2005, 01:26 PM) [snapback]296352[/snapback]

*Feels sick just thinking about it* I fear almost any anime live action.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Oct 5 2005, 08:16 PM) [snapback]296483[/snapback]

QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Oct 4 2005, 10:27 PM) [snapback]296206[/snapback]

I've never understood why Eva was supposed to be that controversial...Then again, I've only read the manga so far.

You don't think the whole 'war between god and man [playing god]' scenario would ruffle at least a few feathers?
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Oct 5 2005, 07:26 PM) [snapback]296493[/snapback]

You don't think the whole 'war between god and man [playing god]' scenario would ruffle at least a few feathers?

Mmm...I guess. It just doesn't bother me though, and I'm Christian blink.gif I think it's rather interesting. Besides, other animes have challenged God's authority.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Oct 5 2005, 08:29 PM) [snapback]296497[/snapback]

QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Oct 5 2005, 07:26 PM) [snapback]296493[/snapback]

Mmm...I guess. It just doesn't bother me though, and I'm Christian blink.gif I think it's rather interesting. Besides, other animes have challenged God's authority.

Well, beyond that, there's some pretty nasty shit that happens in the end... I won't spoil anything, but the movie is one of the most disturbing things i've ever watched.
Blitz

Well, beyond that, there's some pretty nasty shit that happens in the end... I won't spoil anything, but the movie is one of the most disturbing things i've ever watched.

I have to agree with that one. The movie had some nasty shit in it indeed.[spoiler] When Eva 02 gets shredded apart by Seele's Evas 5-13. And all of them had a Lance of Longinous. *shudder* [/spoiler]
TheVileOne
QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Oct 4 2005, 07:35 PM) [snapback]295955[/snapback]

Whatever happened to ADV not selling the airing rights to any of their shows to CN?

Anyway, this is 10 years too late to make any difference. But it'll be funny to see the InuYasha crowd hate on the show because it goes right over their heads.

Well, they showed SUPER MILK CHAN recently. And they've shown episodes of Evangelion on Cartoon Network before.

People complaining about this, SHUT THE HELL UP.

The show is not going to butchered. If you guys actually watched Adult Swim or KNEW anything about it at all, you'd know there edits to the show are little IF ANY. They don't horrendously cut up or re-edit them like networks did in the old days.

As for the dubbing, it was one of the first titles ADV dubbed into English around 10 years ago. Recently they've redone some of it with the Platinum edition. And guess what? The dub is pretty good. So once again, SHUT UP.

You don't have to watch it on Adult Swim if it pisses you off so much. You are elitist otaku nazis. Do you realize that this will finally give Evangelion the exposure and recognition it rightfully deserves? Not to mention accessibility to more Americans. WHY is this a bad thing?

I've yet to see a legitimate reason why this is bad other than lame-o otaku elitism.
Carnal Malefactor
As far as I'm concerned, AS lost all credibility the moment it decided to air InuYasha. Because of that show, the demographic for the block skewed drastically away from 18-24 [what it SHOULD be] to 12-17. Now the people who watch the block consist primarily of kids who are too young and simple-minded to appreciate NGE.

Of course, since the anime is already 10 years old, there isn't much left to discuss about it, but anyone who's been on this forum since before FMA joined the AS lineup should know what the introduction of a more serious, adult-themed anime to the block does to the level of the discourse related to the anime.

In short, InuYasha fans are the source of all the world's ills.
TheVileOne
QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Oct 6 2005, 06:56 AM) [snapback]296647[/snapback]

As far as I'm concerned, AS lost all credibility the moment it decided to air InuYasha. Because of that show, the demographic for the block skewed drastically away from 18-24 [what it SHOULD be] to 12-17. Now the people who watch the block consist primarily of kids who are too young and simple-minded to appreciate NGE.

rolleyes.gif . Good grief. Oh please. I'm not an Inuyasha fan, but I can still see that Adult Swim has shown a LOT worse than Inuyasha. Worse being Reign The Conqueror and Case Closed. Currently crap like Squidbillies and Perfect Hair Forever. And Adult Swim still rocks either way. They've done so much good for animation and anime in general to say they've lost credibility is idiotic and quite frankly...retarded.

Of course, since the anime is already 10 years old, there isn't much left to discuss about it, but anyone who's been on this forum since before FMA joined the AS lineup should know what the introduction of a more serious, adult-themed anime to the block does to the level of the discourse related to the anime.

In short, InuYasha fans are the source of all the world's ills.

I think there are people on these forums that are a lot worse than Inuyasha fans. People COMPLAINING about Evangelion being on Adult Swim for instance. Along with the endless amount of otaku elitists who can't accept great anime being broadcast in the US because it ruins their cool little cult mentality they have with it.
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Oct 5 2005, 11:21 PM) [snapback]296638[/snapback]

You don't have to watch it on Adult Swim if it pisses you off so much. You are elitist otaku nazis. Do you realize that this will finally give Evangelion the exposure and recognition it rightfully deserves? Not to mention accessibility to more Americans. WHY is this a bad thing?

I've yet to see a legitimate reason why this is bad other than lame-o otaku elitism.

Give it the exposure it deserves? Evangelion is already quite possibly the most popular anime in the US. It's already grotesquely overblown.

There's not really anything that can be done about exposing anime to hoards of rabid underaged fan-people who only appreciate it for shallow reasons. It happens in all types of fandoms. That still won't stop people from being upset or confused about it.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Oct 6 2005, 04:52 AM) [snapback]296661[/snapback]

QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Oct 6 2005, 06:56 AM) [snapback]296647[/snapback]

rolleyes.gif . Good grief. Oh please. I'm not an Inuyasha fan, but I can still see that Adult Swim has shown a LOT worse than Inuyasha. Worse being Reign The Conqueror and Case Closed. Currently crap like Squidbillies and Perfect Hair Forever. And Adult Swim still rocks either way. They've done so much good for animation and anime in general to say they've lost credibility is idiotic and quite frankly...retarded.

For one thing, Reign and Case Closed both appeared on the block AFTER InuYasha. For another thing, Reign is a much more 'adult' show than IY could ever pretend to be, whether or not you liked it [I didn't]. As for CC, the idea is the same as with IY... It's a show intended for middle schoolers in Japan, but because American kids supposedly can't stand the sight of blood, they stuck it on the ADULT Swim block, where it most definitely did not belong. Luckily, CC never took off the way IY did.

And bringing Squidbillies and PHF into the argument is bogus, since they're part of AS's COMEDY lineup. Those shows cater to an entirely different audience. I was referring exclusively to the anime lineup.

And to say that AS has done 'so much good for anime and animation in general' without giving it a second thought is pretty foolish. It's like saying that the advent of corporate record labels has done so much for music. It hasn't. All it does is package and market. It takes no part in the creative process, other than making occasional edits to conform to FCC guidelines. A show as revered as NGE definitely doesn't need AS to popularize it. All it'll do is expose it to an audience the majority of which won't be able to wrap their heads around it.
TheVileOne
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Oct 6 2005, 05:28 PM) [snapback]296717[/snapback]

Give it the exposure it deserves? Evangelion is already quite possibly the most popular anime in the US. It's already grotesquely overblown.

Evangelion the entire series is going to air on basic cable for the first time ever. I'd say that's pretty significant. And I'm happy its happening.

There's not really anything that can be done about exposing anime to hoards of rabid underaged fan-people who only appreciate it for shallow reasons. It happens in all types of fandoms. That still won't stop people from being upset or confused about it.

I've seen plenty of shallow people on these forums for fan-subbed anime.

And just because young people like a show doesn't make them shallow either.

For one thing, Reign and Case Closed both appeared on the block AFTER InuYasha. For another thing, Reign is a much more 'adult' show than IY could ever pretend to be, whether or not you liked it [I didn't]. As for CC, the idea is the same as with IY... It's a show intended for middle schoolers in Japan, but because American kids supposedly can't stand the sight of blood, they stuck it on the ADULT Swim block, where it most definitely did not belong. Luckily, CC never took off the way IY did.

Either way, Reign was still garbage and a waste of time. But Adult Swim has done a lot more good than bad. They've done so much for legitimizing anime in the US and giving the respect it deserves its not even funny, but you are just too bent out of shape for stupid reasons about Inuyasha to see that.

And bringing Squidbillies and PHF into the argument is bogus, since they're part of AS's COMEDY lineup. Those shows cater to an entirely different audience. I was referring exclusively to the anime lineup.

Believe it or not, some people watch both. They do have comedy and anime on the same nights pretty frequently.

And to say that AS has done 'so much good for anime and animation in general' without giving it a second thought is pretty foolish. It's like saying that the advent of corporate record labels has done so much for music. It hasn't. All it does is package and market. It takes no part in the creative process, other than making occasional edits to conform to FCC guidelines. A show as revered as NGE definitely doesn't need AS to popularize it. All it'll do is expose it to an audience the majority of which won't be able to wrap their heads around it.

I think co-producing the second season of Big O after it didn't take off in Japan was pretty significant.

Also a little FYI, the FCC does NOT give guidelines to or regulates Cartoon Network. Know why? Because its CABLE TV. Cable TV is a private service. The FCC only regulated public air waves, so don't bring that BS in here.

Your last statement is pretty symbolic of your elitism. A word of advice, don't make judgements and generalize an audience based off of a few idiots or bad typists on the Adult Swim forums.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Oct 6 2005, 07:20 PM) [snapback]296839[/snapback]

Believe it or not, some people watch both. They do have comedy and anime on the same nights pretty frequently.

The overlap between comedy watchers and anime watchers, however, is rather small.

I think co-producing the second season of Big O after it didn't take off in Japan was pretty significant.

Big O sucked, so that's irrelevant.

Also a little FYI, the FCC does NOT give guidelines to or regulates Cartoon Network. Know why? Because its CABLE TV. Cable TV is a private service. The FCC only regulated public air waves, so don't bring that BS in here.

WRONG. Read the FCC website, and you'll see that they do have jurisdiction over basic cable.

Your last statement is pretty symbolic of your elitism. A word of advice, don't make judgements and generalize an audience based off of a few idiots or bad typists on the Adult Swim forums.

You're missing the point entirely. It's not any elitism on my part. It's the fact that because of one poor decision by the honchos at Williams Street, the target demographic of the AS block has permanently been skewed towards an age group that CANNOT and SHOULD NOT watch a show like NGE because of its subject matter. Not because they're too dumb, but because they're simply too young to comprehend it.
TheVileOne
QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Oct 7 2005, 05:00 AM) [snapback]296890[/snapback]

The overlap between comedy watchers and anime watchers, however, is rather small.

Its still there.

Big O sucked, so that's irrelevant.

Well I disagree. I think its a great show.

You're missing the point entirely. It's not any elitism on my part. It's the fact that because of one poor decision by the honchos at Williams Street, the target demographic of the AS block has permanently been skewed towards an age group that CANNOT and SHOULD NOT watch a show like NGE because of its subject matter. Not because they're too dumb, but because they're simply too young to comprehend it.

rolleyes.gif

Elitism. Not all young people are retards. They can still watch and enjoy Evangelion.

I talk to a lot of ADULTS that don't even understand Evangelion, so I don't buy into your logic at all.
Carnal Malefactor
I never said they're retards. I just said NGE would be inappropriate for them to watch.
TheVileOne
And I say it won't.

And not everyone that watches Adult Swim are little kids either.

Some are actually anime loving adults like me.
drake220
Neon Genesis Evangelion, what the heck is going on!?!?!?

First off, this entire post will be a spoiler. Why? Because I have an issue with the ending of the series. Thus, if you have not watched the whole series, don't read this. you'll ruin it for yourself.
Okay, I just finished watching the Neon Genesis Evangelion series and I have one question:
WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!?!
I'm totally lost! Completely and totally at sea as to what just transpired! see this-> huh.gif that's me!!
Those last two episodes- Is this the Matrix? Shinji changed the world with his mind?
Instrumentality made a hive mentality of everyone in the world and they were just waiting for Shinji to accept himself?
Is everyone dead? We saw Misato and Ritzuko shot so are they really dead or did Shinji bring them back to life with his mental powers?
i mean, my head hurts from trying to wrap my mind around waht the hell did or did not happen in episodes 25 and 26.
was the whole thing inside Shinji's head and completely inconsequential to everyone else?
Did his mind break from killing Kaworu (and where that gay-love-affair-acceptance-of-who-you-really-are theme came up out of nowhere, when Shinji was totally straight beforehand, is beyond me. I have no problem with being gay but it wasn't part of his personality before ep.24! Was kaworu a Incubus Angel? I mean really... dry.gif )
What happened in Nerv? What happened to the rest of the world? What happened to Shinji/Rei/Asuka?
WHAT IS GOING ON!??!?!
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!
I hate this! I loved the series. there were so many intelligent nuances, such great subtleties to be noticed but this ending was just non-sensical.
::sigh::
the people who wrote this got into some serious mind-altering substances between episodes 24 and 25/26. Seriously...

<Merged "Neon Genesis Evangelion, what the heck is going on!?!?!?" thread with 5 pages of posts here. 05/24/07 ~Tombow>
Carnal Malefactor
Go watch the End of Evangelion movie. It's meant to replace the final two episodes... should explain everything, but is much more likely to further confuse you. smile.gif
Toby-Chan
It's called 'The-director-had-a-mental-breakdown-and they-ran-out-of-their-budget-and-decided-to-stick-it-to-the-fans.'
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Mar 6 2006, 12:45 PM) [snapback]359481[/snapback]

It's called 'The-director-had-a-mental-breakdown-and they-ran-out-of-their-budget-and-decided-to-stick-it-to-the-fans.'

No, no. The original tv episodes was them running out of funds. The movie was them sticking it to the fans.

[addendum]
IPB Image
MigElite
DUDE YOU ARE RIGHT!!!! I just finished watching the entire anime 2 days ago, but the end was aweful!!! But then I watched The End of Evangelion and it was cool.
Blade Alchemist
That same question has been buzzing in my head for about 1 1/2 years already.

Why did everyone turn into orange goo?
Why was the earth turned into a barren wasteland?
Are Shinji and Asuka the only ones left alive?
What was EVA Unit-01 anyways?
Francesca
Perhaps the manga will answer to some of those questions...about the anime, Void is right tongue.gif
drake220
QUOTE(Francesca @ Mar 9 2006, 02:40 AM) [snapback]360823[/snapback]

Perhaps the manga will answer to some of those questions...about the anime, Void is right tongue.gif

i know! manga is always better! The NGE manga is a great example of this. Toji dying in the manga was fantastic! In this one, he barely gets scratched.
as osuka would say, 'this is pathetic.'

it's not fair!! I invested time, enegry and emotions into this anime! I want a resolution!

BTB, go onto the wikipedia n.g.e section. it's hysterical adn so freakin' detailed.
according to that thing, my facetious assumption about the hive mentality thing was right. all i can say is: that is beyond freakin' stupid.
ALL I WANT IS FOR GENDO TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but noooo....he recreates mankind. dry.gif

is that monster dying that too much to ask?
drake220
QUOTE(Void @ Mar 6 2006, 03:44 PM) [snapback]359574[/snapback]

No, no. The original tv episodes was them running out of funds. The movie was them sticking it to the fans.

[addendum]
IPB Image

QUOTE(MigElite @ Mar 8 2006, 08:39 PM) [snapback]360556[/snapback]

DUDE YOU ARE RIGHT!!!! I just finished watching the entire anime 2 days ago, but the end was aweful!!! But then I watched The End of Evangelion and it was cool.

no it freakin' wasn' "cool"!!! Fine, it tied up alot more strings then the original series ending but Shinji morphing into road kill in Canada would have made more sense then the original ending!!
this movie was weird.
i don't need everything explained to me but when the entire movie and series ending is almost entirely based on obscure theology, some character should have explained it better! Like Fuyutski to the officers or Misato to Shinji or even a flashback of the original making of the plans. Does Anno Hideki honestly expect people to believe that Shinji or Asuka-who are 14!!- understand this stuff??
No one understands this rambling and unknown information!
Lillith and primordial soup and reversion to the embyronic, one celled organisims and this tree of life- what is all this?
I really liked this series but for gods sake, the director and creator thinks that everyone who watches NGE is some theology/psychology major who on the weekends is in a religious cult!!!
I mean, the fact that Shinji and Asuka seem to now be the new Adam and Eve- hello!?!? he choked her!!
oh nad let's not forget that everyone dies as they see someone with whom they think they have unfinished business with! Thegirl in the control room and Ritzuko, Hugo and Misato, Gendo and everyone he wronged (the one great point in the movie. Gendo gets eaten by Shinji. revenge is sweet)

Anno Hideki puts the death threats people wrote to him after they saw the original ending into the movie. I suppose it's nice to see someone who used to be clinically depressed flipping off the entire world.
he needs valium and his series needs an explanation manuel.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(drake220 @ Mar 20 2006, 01:48 AM) [snapback]366089[/snapback]

QUOTE(Void @ Mar 6 2006, 03:44 PM) [snapback]359574[/snapback]

[addendum]
IPB Image

QUOTE(MigElite @ Mar 8 2006, 08:39 PM) [snapback]360556[/snapback]

no it freakin' wasn' "cool"!!! Fine, it tied up alot more strings then the original series ending but Shinji morphing into road kill in Canada would have made more sense then the original ending!!
this movie was weird.
i don't need everything explained to me but when the entire movie and series ending is almost entirely based on obscure theology, some character should have explained it better! Like Fuyutski to the officers or Misato to Shinji or even a flashback of the original making of the plans. Does Anno Hideki honestly expect people to believe that Shinji or Asuka-who are 14!!- understand this stuff??
No one understands this rambling and unknown information!
Lillith and primordial soup and reversion to the embyronic, one celled organisims and this tree of life- what is all this?
I really liked this series but for gods sake, the director and creator thinks that everyone who watches NGE is some theology/psychology major who on the weekends is in a religious cult!!!
I mean, the fact that Shinji and Asuka seem to now be the new Adam and Eve- hello!?!? he choked her!!
oh nad let's not forget that everyone dies as they see someone with whom they think they have unfinished business with! Thegirl in the control room and Ritzuko, Hugo and Misato, Gendo and everyone he wronged (the one great point in the movie. Gendo gets eaten by Shinji. revenge is sweet)

Anno Hideki puts the death threats people wrote to him after they saw the original ending into the movie. I suppose it's nice to see someone who used to be clinically depressed flipping off the entire world.
he needs valium and his series needs an explanation manuel.

Whoa! Calm down! There's an explanation for everything in the movie. You just have to go through the details one-by-one.

Also, psychoactive drugs tend to help.
Sharingan Serpent
To be honest I never really get it...the movie was very strange and werid I mean at the end of the second movie that was strange, the anime was okay at the begining...but then it just got a little bit...uh? Whats the word I'm looking for? blink.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Greeneyes Alchemist @ Mar 20 2006, 12:50 PM) [snapback]366189[/snapback]

To be honest I never really get it...the movie was very strange and werid I mean at the end of the second movie that was strange, the anime was okay at the begining...but then it just got a little bit...uh? Whats the word I'm looking for? blink.gif

There's a SHOCKER! rolleyes.gif
Sharingan Serpent

What is I'm being really serious I mean did you ever see that happen in the end of any the other movies?
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Greeneyes Alchemist @ Mar 20 2006, 12:57 PM) [snapback]366192[/snapback]

What is I'm being really serious I mean did you ever see that happen in the end of any the other movies?

What other movies? There's only one movie.
Sharingan Serpent

Let me rephrase I meant other movies besides Evangelion that ended in a werid way? dry.gif <sighs>
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Greeneyes Alchemist @ Mar 20 2006, 01:02 PM) [snapback]366195[/snapback]

Let me rephrase I meant other movies besides Evangelion that ended in a werid way? dry.gif <sighs>

Of course.
Sharingan Serpent
Name me a couple then...and if there are I'll give you something Void Niisan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.