Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 52 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
quills
i would like to see how Roy's side of story goes...
but i also would like to know how Al is going to get Ed out from Gluttony's stomach... of course` hopefully Ed and Lin would still be alive then...
(i don't really want Envy to die either >_< i don't know why i think that though)
in the future, i'm expecting something to happen between Ed and Winry~ since Winry realised now that she have a crush on Ed...
Guddi
argh,must read! >.< please can someone tell me were you can find the password (or the clue,so i can try to figure it out)? smile.gif
Sensenic
QUOTE(Guddi @ Oct 11 2005, 12:12 PM) [snapback]298536[/snapback]

argh,must read! >.< please can someone tell me were you can find the password (or the clue,so i can try to figure it out)? smile.gif

You can find the password at www.livejournal.com/community/fmalchemist (gotta join, tho'), and the clue (this month's is so easy...) in ZOMGFTA's own page, under the chapters, where it says "Huh?! Password?".
is it already translated?
Sensenic
QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 11 2005, 01:24 PM) [snapback]298546[/snapback]

is it already translated?

U

Read first, post later.
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Oct 11 2005, 09:35 AM) [snapback]298503[/snapback]

YO, people!

SCANLATION'S OUT \(n_n)/ { yaaaay!

Keos
I dont' get the hint :| cornchips? chips? nachochips? What? Anymore hints please?
SweetJanie
After posting my last post, I read the previous chapter and... realized that I typed so much nonsense in only one post!!! xD

Ok, new theories! Hopefully, this time they'll make more sense! xD

Do you think that stone ruin can be used as a connection to the real world? Maybe by using the philosopher's stone they can... somehow... get to where the rest of the ruins is? In Xerxes? (pity Win isn't in Resembool now, or they could meet and stuff and... )

I can't wait to see Hoho papa again!! <3

*looks up at what she typed* That makes no sense at all, does it? dry.gif
sleep.gif'

Edit: Wow, Keos a cloti, huh? *goes get her Cleris siggie* xD
Keos
Indeed I am a Cloti and damn proud of it ^ ^ Now I just need an EdWin sig. Do you go to the adventchildren.net forums?

Edit: Yay! I got it now ^ ^ Thankyou for the scanlation!
Guddi
thanks Sensenic ^^

But i still can't figure it out,omg i'm so STUPID XD wish i had a brain.
Aoko-chan
...I figured it out, but my internet.....SUCKS (i cant download anything T.T)
Chibi Viki
QUOTE(Keos @ Oct 11 2005, 12:45 PM) [snapback]298565[/snapback]

I dont' get the hint :| cornchips? chips? nachochips? What? Anymore hints please?

me too... i can't figure it out. my brain isn't functioning right thanks to my cold.
emtee
Thanks so much for the scanslation!
(I always take the easy way and view the source code)

Amazing chapter! The whole "plan from the start" thing is definately freaky on the military side, but even moreso on the Ed/Al side of it!
Can you imagine if Ed and Al got set up for the life they're living? Born just to play into a trap? Conditioned perfectly to meet the requirements? They're perfect, even if their own father has no involvement in the plot, even as young kids they fit the mold: children of a renowned Alchemist (natural talent) whose lives are dependant on a single mother family which they're denied after only a few years. Obviously they'd want it back, obviously with their natural talents alchemy is their answer. At least Ed was hardened into stubbornness from being abandoned by his father, so once he'd get the idea it would just snowball from there.

I thought initially that the homunculous -and mainly father- weren't really troubled with details since their plan would go through however, but Envy set up the war in Ishval, Gluttony apparently had something to do with the destruction of Xerxes, Wrath's been driving the plan all along in Amestris. These guys are the major pushers for scale operations, they're not just benefitting from the wars and nation events, they're creating them!

So...along that vein couldn't their sacrifices have also been "created?"
(not created like a homunculous, but like the saying "make him the man he is today")
Reika
really, I found the password, but it was just by chance, no offense, but I can't read your mind, I can't figure out it's going to be that or a sentence or some other sentence that is slightly different or completely different from what I first thought with just that image or normally the hints you give... maybe I'm not smart enough and I'm the only one that can't figure it out by herself and usually needs someone to tell her, but really... you say it's easy but it's not ^^U.

---EDIT--
Just so you can see it's not that easy, I'll tell you some of the possibilities that came through ONLY my mind:
"Cheesy things" "what's this" "I love nachos" "Ilovenachos" "Ihatenachos" "I hate nachos" "Nachos" "Cheesy Nachos" "chessynachos" "chips" "cheesy chips" "orange things" etc.

The combinations are multiple as the posibilities, I don't think that the password is the only one that,... how can I say it without spoilering? well, there are many "passwords" that would have worked, and I'm being spanish.. how can you tell I'll be able to figure it out? Lucky that password exists here,
Guddi
can you find the password in the fm_alchemist community on LJ? >.<
Reika
i tried that but I couldn't find it
Guddi
noo ,then were did you found it? O.o
Please tell meeee biggrin.gif
Reika
I figured it out XDD by chance...

I'll pm you
Qeomash
There is always one of the ways to get it....if you know HTML, read the source. biggrin.gif

Really, this password was the only one that I've guessed on my first try.

Small hint: Identify what kind you're looking at.
Blitz
...Envy continues to freak the hell out of me... *sigh* Another month until chapter 53.

Guddi- That's funny because I got the password right out of LJ. Maybe you overlooked?
Reika
I looked for it 3 times on that LJ, even in other days, and nothing
Sensenic
QUOTE(emtee @ Oct 11 2005, 06:48 PM)

-emtee's Conspiracy Theory-

So...along that vein couldn't their sacrifices have also been "created?"
(not created like a homunculous, but like the saying "make him the man he is today")

Wow... that's a bit... hard, isn't it? The gathering of alchemists in order to find HS candidates, yes, but... to go as far as setting up some little kids' lives... which would mean keep an eye on every talented kid out there... Not to mention we're talking about human reactions here, I believe they wouldn't be able to predict 100% what they would do.
As I see it, the Elric brothers would've rather been a lucky finding, same as Izumi (altho' in this case she didn't join to keep her under control).

Anyways... I don't understand that last phrase, I'm afraid happy.gif
QUOTE(Reika @ Oct 11 2005, 06:54 PM) [snapback]298608[/snapback]

really, I found the password, but it was just by chance, no offense, but I can't read your mind, I can't figure out it's going to be that or a sentence or some other sentence that is slightly different or completely different from what I first thought with just that image or normally the hints you give... maybe I'm not smart enough and I'm the only one that can't figure it out by herself and usually needs someone to tell her, but really... you say it's easy but it's not ^^U.

---EDIT--
Just so you can see it's not that easy, I'll tell you some of the possibilities that came through ONLY my mind:
"Cheesy things" "what's this" "I love nachos" "Ilovenachos" "Ihatenachos" "I hate nachos" "Nachos" "Cheesy Nachos" "chessynachos" "chips" "cheesy chips" "orange things" etc.

The combinations are multiple as the posibilities, I don't think that the password is the only one that,... how can I say it without spoilering? well, there are many "passwords" that would have worked, and I'm being spanish.. how can you tell I'll be able to figure it out? Lucky that password exists here,

OK, I'm sorry, I didn't pretend to make anyone look silly or show my smarts or anything... rather, I was amazed at how fast I guessed it this time, whereas other times I've ended up looking at LJ (gotta check that source code one tho', seems way faster...), so I wrote the comment apart cuz it seemed easy this time, just like Qeomash.

But, I dunno outside of Spain, but here they announce it in the TV with that name... I just saw them, thought of its name and voila. As a matter of fact I thought it wouldn't be that easy at the moment...
Mars
The password thing is so dumb. XD
sai-chan
Action.

I love it.

Roy got owned.
The military crew got owned.
Riza got REALLY owned.
Mei-chan pages should haven been used in a better way. (Yes I know blahblah I love Mei-chan too, but I wanted more battle scenes. T_T;)
Scar is goddamn hot.
The fight with Envy was.. freaky but perfect. *-*
And Father's gonna get some fun soon!

This was the only chapter so far that got me doing "Ohhh" and "Ahhh" and "OMFG EDO WAKE UPPP" and "OMG NUUUUU" and etc. xD

Damn this chapter rocked.

Anyone wanna chip in for the time-travel machine, 1-month ticket values? ;__;
GaluxKitty
How about I just tell you the password?

User is: fmanga
Pass is: doritos

XD Happy now? It's on the newest entry of the hagaren_manga comm on LJ.
carla
just some quick first impressions (please forgive the hyper-ness, i've been that way all day today... don't know why):

-i refuse to like gluttony just because he's being all cute now. nop, not gonna happen. just 'cuz he was all WAAARRRRGHHHHH@##~@"%!!!!11111oneone!! before and now he's all giggly and stuff, doesn't mean i'm going to start liking him. nuh-uh. *sigh* what the hell, i've already started to like him... *sigh again*

-i hadn't thought of marcoh as a HS candidate blink.gif or kimbley. but these military guys are definitely in on it, now we can be sure...

-"since the birth of this country"? my gosh, it IS a huge conspiracy then! but have they changed their HS candidates with time, then? it seems that way. because while the whole "maybe they made the elrics' lives what they are now" theory sounds more and more interesting by the minute, it WOULD be kind of hard to try to direct someone's whole life that way. wouldn't it? though i never would've figured them practically causing the ishbal war either, and turns out they DID... (*is so not making sense*)

-OMG i hate bradley so much!! he's such a bastard!! how can he say that about poor elysia!! jerk! *kicks wrath* i don't know how roy resisted the urge to punch the daylights out of him (not that it would work, but that wouldn't have stopped me...)

-FURY!! wheeeee....! i was starting to miss that guy. he's so cute tongue.gif and of course, he was with buraha, which makes it twice as cool smile.gif

-no one stationed in the east? hmmm, curious. and what about havoc? are they just counting him out? not going to give him a chance to recover? (which reminds me, it's been a while since i last saw him... miss him too...)

-noooooooooooooooo...! how will roy survive without his rizaaaaaaaaaaa?????? *cries* stupid bradley! i hate him EVEN MORE now! mad.gif

-xiao mei's a cat?! OMG i've been living a liiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeee....! oh wait, this already happened last chapter. the joke's getting a bit old now laugh.gif

-really REALLY pointless mei-chan scenes. really, REALLY pointless. besides the "ki"-"i see dead people" (well, not really dead, just underground tongue.gif) thing, there wasn't much to them. not making me like mei-chan any better.

-scar is becoming such a pansy. i liked him better when he was being all "feel the wrath of the heavens!"-evil.

-arakawa-sensei just loves grossing us out, i've noticed.

-the whole fight with envy made me dizzy and i probably didn't understand it all that well. but ling kicked ass. and i'm SO going to make an icon out of that panel where ling & edo are looking sideways at each other right before "DASH!!"... heh biggrin.gif

-edo loves being eaten. i wonder if there's a record for being inside the stomach of something that's already inside the stomach of something else...

-i didn't understand the omake-things blink.gif i feel so stupid.

thank you so much for the scanlations, umeko-san and csakuras-san!! they are lovely as always smile.gif

PS: loved the password smile.gif though since i got it through the HTML code it feels like i cheated somehow tongue.gif
GaluxKitty
QUOTE(carla @ Oct 12 2005, 02:47 PM) [snapback]298934[/snapback]

-no one stationed in the east? hmmm, curious. and what about havoc? are they just counting him out? not going to give him a chance to recover? (which reminds me, it's been a while since i last saw him... miss him too...)

-noooooooooooooooo...! how will roy survive without his rizaaaaaaaaaaa?????? *cries* stupid bradley! i hate him EVEN MORE now! mad.gif

Havoc's been given an honorable dismissal and the story that he was injured trying to stop hijackers/hostage takers or something. It does look like he's going to try and get automail, tho. I don't know how long his recovery will take if he does (wouldn't it be cool; Mecha!Havoc walking in and pwning Bradley or something? XD)

I KNOOOOOOOOOOW. *sobs* However, I don't think something like this will keep them apart forever; they'll find a way back to each other happy.gif

Arakawa said that the main and most important difference between Bradley and Roy is that Roy can't let his subordinates go easily (and you saw this with Havoc) but Bradley can simply throw them away, thus I am assuming they feel no particular loyalty to him like Hawkeye, Fury, Breda and Farman feel to Roy.

It has also been said that the series will move north to war-torn Drachma, and more information concerning Roy's time in Ishbal will be revealled. So maybe they send Roy's subordinates off to die, effectively? In addition, we will meet Armstrong's sister, who is the commanding officer up there (I am REALLY looking forward to this; I hope she's as crackish as her younger brother XD).

Oh, and one question; is Armstrong a sacrifice candidate? It seems like they're considering a lot of State Alchemists who served in Ishbal as HS's.
carla
QUOTE(GaluxKitty @ Oct 12 2005, 02:26 AM) [snapback]298965[/snapback]
Oh, and one question; is Armstrong a sacrifice candidate? It seems like they're considering a lot of State Alchemists who served in Ishbal as HS's.

my GOD wouldn't that be completely awesome!... laugh.gif

armstrong: you will never use me for your evil purposes! i posess the strength of body and soul that has been passed down the armstrong family for generations! *sparklesparkle*

envy (stomps towards armstrong): waaaaaaghhhhh i've had it!!--

lust (pulls him back): control yourself, we can't kill him, he's a sacrifice.

envy (twitching): gluttony, can't you eat him? don't you feel even a little hungry? please?

gluttony: he doesn't look like he'd taste good...

*dies from the crack*
Tombow
QUOTE(carla @ Oct 12 2005, 02:34 AM) [snapback]298977[/snapback]

armstrong: you will never use me for your evil purposes! i posess the strength of body and soul that has been passed down the armstrong family for generations! *sparklesparkle*

envy (stomps towards armstrong): waaaaaaghhhhh i've had it!!--

lust (pulls him back): control yourself, we can't kill him, he's a sacrifice.

envy (twitching): gluttony, can't you eat him? don't you feel even a little hungry? please?

gluttony: he doesn't look like he'd taste good...

Totally hilarious!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

@GaluxKitty - I'm one of those who are so bad at figuring out the password. Thanks for the post!!
CSakuraS
QUOTE(GaluxKitty @ Oct 11 2005, 11:26 PM) [snapback]298965[/snapback]

Havoc's been given an honorable dismissal and the story that he was injured trying to stop hijackers/hostage takers or something. It does look like he's going to try and get automail, tho. I don't know how long his recovery will take if he does (wouldn't it be cool; Mecha!Havoc walking in and pwning Bradley or something? XD)

Actually, the whole reason Havoc's disability is so tragic is because he CAN'T recover, or get automail either. His spinal cord got damaged. The nerves for his legs don't work anymore. Automail would be just as useless. The only chance he had was the Philosopher's Stone, which is why Roy sent Breda looking for Doctor Marcoh.

Jeez, it seems the only time I delurk on this forum is to correct people. Sorry about that. : (
GaluxKitty
No, that's alright! I have an absolutely shocking memory.
AA battery
*points at pic*

I wonder if anyone except me finds this funny. xD *spoiler, duh*
Reika
@Galuxkitty: Don't worry, it's just that you say "this time's easy!" and when I looked at it what first I thought was "..." then "what are these...?" It's been a long time since they announced them here :s, years, it seems they didn't have too much success ^^U (I personally don't like them XD)
GaluxKitty
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Oct 12 2005, 06:35 PM) [snapback]298984[/snapback]

*points at pic*

I wonder if anyone except me finds this funny. xD *spoiler, duh*

Mine is stupider.

Page One
Page Two
Page Three

GO PETER OMG

QUOTE(Reika @ Oct 12 2005, 09:45 PM) [snapback]299009[/snapback]

@Galuxkitty: Don't worry, it's just that you say "this time's easy!" and when I looked at it what first I thought was "..." then "what are these...?" It's been a long time since they announced them here :s, years, it seems they didn't have too much success ^^U (I personally don't like them XD)

Whawhawhaaaat? *is missing something?*

Oh, you mean ZOMGFTA....?
sai-chan
QUOTE(carla @ Oct 12 2005, 01:47 AM) [snapback]298934[/snapback]

-i hadn't thought of marcoh as a HS candidate blink.gif or kimbley. but these military guys are definitely in on it, now we can be sure...

-"since the birth of this country"? my gosh, it IS a huge conspiracy then! but have they changed their HS candidates with time, then? it seems that way. because while the whole "maybe they made the elrics' lives what they are now" theory sounds more and more interesting by the minute, it WOULD be kind of hard to try to direct someone's whole life that way. wouldn't it? though i never would've figured them practically causing the ishbal war either, and turns out they DID... (*is so not making sense*)

-FURY!! wheeeee....! i was starting to miss that guy. he's so cute tongue.gif and of course, he was with buraha, which makes it twice as cool smile.gif

-no one stationed in the east?

-scar is becoming such a pansy. i liked him better when he was being all "feel the wrath of the heavens!"-evil.

-arakawa-sensei just loves grossing us out, i've noticed.

-the whole fight with envy made me dizzy and i probably didn't understand it all that well. but ling kicked ass. and i'm SO going to make an icon out of that panel where ling & edo are looking sideways at each other right before "DASH!!"... heh biggrin.gif

-edo loves being eaten. i wonder if there's a record for being inside the stomach of something that's already inside the stomach of something else...

- I didn't count Marcoh as a candidate also, and I thought he's was gonna be used for creating more personnel for the homunculus =o.. Mystery biggrin.gif!

- Man I'm thinking the soon as Edo finds out about Father he's sooo gonna connect the dots and either go all angsty then try to kick his butt.. But end up getting his own butt kicked.. The classical "I've been living a lie!!" and OMG Aru x_x Ohh he's gonna get so pissed too.. But I don't wanna believe that theory, it's just soo cruel ;___;.. I'm not making much sense either, I need my morning coffee D:

- Buraha? o_o But yeah Fury's so cute xD That whole scene was really awesome.. They got soo very owned ._.

- I'm thinking that Bradley is putting either Roy in the east, where those riots are still happening (are they? Needa re-read the manga again >_<) or just keep him at a deskjob without being able to do nothing.. Or something. Bradley's gonna make poor Roy suffer, I'm sure of that anyway. T_T

- Scar is hot. And indeed IS becoming a pansy.. But all is forgiven.. He'll get to some butt kicking soon enough though, I think.. Truth is just around the corner D:!

- Arakawa-sensei = <3.

- The fight with Monster Envy and the Edo/Ling just rocked xD I'm dying to find out what conclusion Edo took when he saw the missing part of the Xerxes ruins in the middle of the fight.. DAMNED 1 MONTHS.

- Edo, although acting out very well in the fight, shouldn't had been eaten!! T____T I give props to Ling for being the stronger man and enduring the horrors of the fight up to so far.. But Edo apparently figured out a way of getting out so props to Edo-kun too x3

And again~ Thank you for the scanlations, Umeko and csakuras!! <33333

Sensenic
QUOTE(CSakuraS @ Oct 12 2005, 09:56 AM) [snapback]298979[/snapback]

QUOTE(GaluxKitty @ Oct 11 2005, 11:26 PM) [snapback]298965[/snapback]

Actually, the whole reason Havoc's disability is so tragic is because he CAN'T recover, or get automail either. His spinal cord got damaged. The nerves for his legs don't work anymore. Automail would be just as useless. The only chance he had was the Philosopher's Stone, which is why Roy sent Breda looking for Doctor Marcoh.

Jeez, it seems the only time I delurk on this forum is to correct people. Sorry about that. : (

No, no, you're welcome anytime! And thanks again for your work, you 2!
And Kudos to you for that Avatar! laugh.gif

As for Havoc, I stand with Senefen's theory that it'll be Mei Chan/g the one to heal him.

And, BTW, what's with the hate for poor Mei Chan/g, ppl? She's just like Ling, bad ass and funny: her way-too-biased imagination is just hilarious ("something small that was there" laugh.gif If Ed knew... And if she knew...). Come on, not everything has to be fighting and angst. Or Royai or Edwin, for that matter.
QUOTE(Reika @ Oct 12 2005, 09:45 PM)

Hey, that was me, not Galuxkitty... sad.gif

As for Doritos, I dunno nothing about them, but I don't remember the ads that far back (I don't remember any ad, anyway... Maybe I'm too old... u_u), and I recall buying them recently, but maybe I'm wrong? And, for the -useless facts- record, I don't like them either, my younger sister does (XD too)
QUOTE(carla @ Oct 12 2005, 01:47 AM)

-i hadn't thought of marcoh as a HS candidate or kimbley. but these military guys are definitely in on it, now we can be sure...

QUOTE(sai-chan @ Oct 12 2005, 03:44 PM)
- I didn't count Marcoh as a candidate also, and I thought he's was gonna be used for creating more personnel for the homunculus =o.. Mystery!

Eh... When Lust found him and he "impaled" her, she literally said "oh, I forgot you're a Human Sacrifice Candidate, after all". So... \(-__-)/
And Kimbley is not. They discarded him.
GS4Life
*runs around in circles doing my daily worrrying too much about Ran Fan act*

anyways..... Yes people I said anyways I'm not going to ramble on about one thing as usual, deal with it. Anyways X friggin D at 9 out of 10 Envy-Tumor-People agree it's criminal to be as hot as Ed.
Zyric
Perhaps Havoc's discharge will make him the key member in Mustang's crew. Especially if the Mei-chan healing him theory works out. Now that he's no longer under direct control of the army, he has more freedom to work in than the others. "The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone" and whatnot, eh?

I wouldn't put it past Arakawa, she's sneaky like that.
Reika

QUOTE(Reika @ Oct 12 2005, 09:45 PM)

Hey, that was me, not Galuxkitty... sad.gif

As for Doritos, I dunno nothing about them, but I don't remember the ads that far back (I don't remember any ad, anyway... Maybe I'm too old... u_u), and I recall buying them recently, but maybe I'm wrong? And, for the -useless facts- record, I don't like them either, my younger sister does (XD too)

... *feels stupid*... sorry galuxkitty! ^^U I don't know what got into me ^^U... And don't worry, it's TV's fault we don't remember anything (that's what I tell myself even though I don't see anymore tv, but after so many years... XD)
~*(Jaded)*~
I just finished the chapter. mellow.gif Man, what a cliffie! *sniff* sad.gif
Tyoria
Sensenic, one more reply. I'm also laughing at your sig, btw, that's hilarious!

No he's not. He's an hommunculus plain and simple. The difference seems to lie in the fact that, while in the other homunculi the people in the stone were/are dead, merged and used as mere regeneration and power source, in Envy they, their souls were kept somehow individual and alive. Or whatever...

Possibly not a literal chimera then. But it did seem that the series was trying to make a comparison to chimeras specifically -- Ed thinking of Nina, Scar's mention of them being "creatures born from alchemy," plus the voices saying things we've seen the other chimeras in the series say -- "I want to die" (like Nina's mom), "let's play" (like Nina) and "I want to live" (like the chimeras in Greed's gang). One big difference in this case is that the people fused together were ALL human, and all done to create a Philosopher's Stone, so they might not be literal chimeras, but I think some of the idea is the same...

As how did he manage... there's this thing about him calling himself "kono Envy" (this Envy) instead of I or similar that we discussed elsewhere... To me, a main personality, with a preferred form, was "born" from them and became the Envy we know, but he was perfectly aware that he was many a people, that's why talking about himself in that fashion.

The reason I'd think he'd have some difficulty is that the voices don't seem to be agreeing with each other on much. Not just age and gender... some are asking to die, and some are saying they still want to live, and some are saying something else entirely. If his personality is composed of all of them together -- which is what he seems to be indicating by calling himself "this Envy -- wouldn't such conflicting desires create some degree of internal confusion?

As for Ling, I think he knew they were people too. Heck, he can feel them. I say that when he was telling Ed that it was a monster, he was also actually telling to himself, in order to keep a clear conscience (you know, as in: "he's an evil monster, I'm fighting a monster, I am not killing innocent people.") so, unlike Ed, he can keep the mind clear and not die to Envy.

I wouldn't necessarily look down on Ling if he just thought it was a trick Envy was trying to pull -- since one of Envy's attempts to be emotionally manipulative is the reason they're all stuck there in the first place -- though your suggestion sounds quite plausible too.

He probably knows too (Ed too probably), that they cannot be saved any longer and that they are indeed better dead than suffering that much.

That's possible too. Though it's kind of the same problem as with Nina. There wasn't any way to change her back, but she hardly asked for Scar to kill her, and not all the voices are asking for death. Some are, and some are specifically saying they DON'T want to die.
Quistis88
I don't post in these manga threads often, but here goes.

I liked this chapter, as I like all the other ones.

[spoiler]For one, Fuery was in it the reassignments were a little unexpected, but not a surprise. Riza's was less expected though.[/spoiler]
Singhay
I forgot what thread this was in but someone said how Father might have been the one to introduce Alchemy to Xing and Amestris. If thats so then the great desert must have been his doing also to keep people from Xing from learning Alchemy from Amestris for Militaristic use.
carla
QUOTE(sai-chan @ Oct 12 2005, 09:44 AM) [snapback]299025[/snapback]
- Buraha? o_o

buraha = black hayate. liza's dog? it's a play on the japanese pronunciation, "buraku hayate." just like "hagane no renkinjutsushi" gets reduced to "hagaren" smile.gif

QUOTE(Sensenic @ Oct 12 2005, 02:14 PM) [snapback]299058[/snapback]
And, BTW, what's with the hate for poor Mei Chan/g, ppl? She's just like Ling, bad ass and funny: her way-too-biased imagination is just hilarious ("something small that was there" laugh.gif If Ed knew... And if she knew...). Come on, not everything has to be fighting and angst. Or Royai or Edwin, for that matter.

ah, it's not that i hate her! that came out wrong tongue.gif in fact i quite like that girl. she's funny biggrin.gif and cute and hyper, how can i not like that? it just irks me that we're not only in a dramatic moment, but in THE dramatic moment, and we're cut halfway through... to go to a mei-chan scene. lol. leave me hanging why dont'cha? dry.gif haha. but when it's time to be silly and hyper and cute, i'm all for mei-chan, really smile.gif nothing personal against her. and it's not even that she's only comedic relief, she can be angsty too... when there's a point! biggrin.gif nothing to do with a preferred genre or pairing for that matter...
Jellybean
I'm liking Mei-chan more and more. And the fact that she's running around with Scar is so cute. They make such an interestingly contrasting pair. Oh yeah, and that "small thing that was there" thing had me laughing for quite a while.
Martel
Poor Riza... and what the heck was with Bradly's cryptic warning about "You should be worrying more about yourself"?! Oooh I hope Roy torches him... though I doubt that'll happen. Heh I found it kinda funny though that Ed asked Envy to cooperate... Cooperate? Envy doesn't know the meaning of the word! Kudos to Scar and little Mei-chan for taking out the Chimeras! I agree with you Jellybean they are so cute!
GS4Life
Well from the looks of it Ed, Al, Ling, and Ran Fan will have to make a run for it to Rush Valley, Dublith, Resembool, or even Xing once the whole Father-Envy-Gluttony ordeal is sorted out(violently or not). Havoc and Maria Ross may be needed along with the old man (Fuu's his name right), and where in the Blue Blazes is Armstrong?
GaluxKitty
QUOTE(GS4Life @ Oct 14 2005, 08:17 AM) [snapback]299794[/snapback]

... where in the Blue Blazes is Armstrong?

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I'M WONDERING. Seriously, while all this crazy stuff is going on he's sitting back and relaxing?
sai-chan
QUOTE(carla @ Oct 12 2005, 10:11 PM) [snapback]299279[/snapback]

buraha = black hayate. liza's dog? it's a play on the japanese pronunciation, "buraku hayate." just like "hagane no renkinjutsushi" gets reduced to "hagaren" smile.gif

QUOTE(Sensenic @ Oct 12 2005, 02:14 PM) [snapback]299058[/snapback]

ah, it's not that i hate her! that came out wrong tongue.gif in fact i quite like that girl. she's funny biggrin.gif and cute and hyper, how can i not like that? it just irks me that we're not only in a dramatic moment, but in THE dramatic moment, and we're cut halfway through... to go to a mei-chan scene. lol. leave me hanging why dont'cha? dry.gif haha. but when it's time to be silly and hyper and cute, i'm all for mei-chan, really smile.gif nothing personal against her. and it's not even that she's only comedic relief, she can be angsty too... when there's a point! biggrin.gif nothing to do with a preferred genre or pairing for that matter...

Ahh thanks xD I forgot his full name is Black Hayate xD I just call him Hayate >_>

It's not that I hate Mei-chan either, especially cos she's so freaking cute xD It's a really really nice comic relief for the chapters (<3 cutesy everywhere)... But carla took the words outta my mouth : leave me hangin' dont'cha!! >_< But all is forgiven when it comes to FMA, I just wanted the thrill to be kept at the same rate all over the chapter ;o;

And I liked the big armored monster over the small thing in the back xD Man is Mei-chan getting dissapointed when she finds out who that small thing is ._.''

Ans Sensenic, the fact that Marcoh was indeed a HS candidate slipped my mind, but isn't he still being used solely for the creation of more personnel?

I'm thinking Armstrong is gonna be the one to render Roy of his dead end =o Since his crew got separated, who else in the military could help him now?! D:
GS4Life
Yeah we so need Armstrong to bust into the military headquarters and shout "This method of busting down big heavy doors saving Roy and Riza's asses has been passed down the Armstrong family line for generations". Then he could go over and pick up Ed, Ling, and Ran Fan and shout "This method of making sure Ed, Ling, and Ran Fan get the medical attention that they need and getting them to saftey has also been passed down the Armstrong Family line for generations."The Homonculi and Father would be all like WTF and Al would be like dry.gif blink.gif and all would be well.
Sensenic
It's reply time!

[quote name='Tyoria' date='Oct 13 2005, 12:50 AM' post='299218']
Sensenic, one more reply. I'm also laughing at your sig, btw, that's hilarious!

[quote]No he's not. He's an hommunculus plain and simple. The difference seems to lie in the fact that, while in the other homunculi the people in the stone were/are dead, merged and used as mere regeneration and power source, in Envy they, their souls were kept somehow individual and alive. Or whatever... [/quote]

Possibly not a literal chimera then. But it did seem that the series was trying to make a comparison to chimeras specifically -- Ed thinking of Nina, Scar's mention of them being "creatures born from alchemy," plus the voices saying things we've seen the other chimeras in the series say -- "I want to die" (like Nina's mom), "let's play" (like Nina) and "I want to live" (like the chimeras in Greed's gang). One big difference in this case is that the people fused together were ALL human, and all done to create a Philosopher's Stone, so they might not be literal chimeras, but I think some of the idea is the same...[/quote]

Well, indeed some of the idea is the same: both homunculi and chimera are artificial, human-made through alchemy, living beings. They're both results of human beings (alchemists) playing God, as Ed in the first chapters might've put it. As a matter of fact, yesterday I noticed both words ('hommunculus' and 'chimera', or at least 'human chimera') have the same last two kanjis, those of 'person' and 'between' -> "ningen" -> human.

The main difference is, chimeras are made from mixing two or more living beings into one, and that determines the outcome, whereas hommunculi are made creating a body around PS, which was made from human beings too, true, but since you create the body, I believe that you can make, or even 'program' the final result as you want it to be to a certain degree (I mean, make Greed greedy and Gluttony... glutty? o_O by giving them that part of the soul, etc.). And, of course, there's the obvious difference that hommunculi are way more powerful, they're more hi-tech.

[quote]As how did he manage... there's this thing about him calling himself "kono Envy" (this Envy) instead of I or similar that we discussed elsewhere... To me, a main personality, with a preferred form, was "born" from them and became the Envy we know, but he was perfectly aware that he was many a people, that's why talking about himself in that fashion.[/quote]

The reason I'd think he'd have some difficulty is that the voices don't seem to be agreeing with each other on much. Not just age and gender... some are asking to die, and some are saying they still want to live, and some are saying something else entirely. If his personality is composed of all of them together -- which is what he seems to be indicating by calling himself "this Envy -- wouldn't such conflicting desires create some degree of internal confusion? [/quote]

Oh, I did reply to that, but I explain myself so poorly... happy.gifU Let's see... What I meant to say is that you are probably right, there was conflict within Envy, as he is many, and there is, as it shows. But, from what we've seen, this conflict must've been solved, or stabilized to a certain degree, at some point, when a defined personality, that of the Envy we all know and love/hate tongue.gif, "kono Envy", rised predominant.

Maybe it's the "soul bit" Father gave him, that ruled over the others, or maybe it's another personality that grew up by itself. That, go figure.

[quote]As for Ling, I think he knew they were people too. Heck, he can feel them. I say that when he was telling Ed that it was a monster, he was also actually telling to himself, in order to keep a clear conscience (you know, as in: "he's an evil monster, I'm fighting a monster, I am not killing innocent people.") so, unlike Ed, he can keep the mind clear and not die to Envy. [/quote]

I wouldn't necessarily look down on Ling if he just thought it was a trick Envy was trying to pull -- since one of Envy's attempts to be emotionally manipulative is the reason they're all stuck there in the first place -- though your suggestion sounds quite plausible too.

[quote]He probably knows too (Ed too probably), that they cannot be saved any longer and that they are indeed better dead than suffering that much.[/quote]

That's possible too. Though it's kind of the same problem as with Nina. There wasn't any way to change her back, but she hardly asked for Scar to kill her, and not all the voices are asking for death. Some are, and some are specifically saying they DON'T want to die.
[/quote]

Well, must I say I wasn't blaming/looking down on Ling at all. It's completely understandable that, in order to survive, Ling kills the "people", knowing that Envy is using (I know he/she/it tongue.gif is) to trick them both.

As for the "better dead than suffering" part, let's just say that in "real life" I'm completely opposed to death, death penalty and the likes. I agree on euthanasia tho' if and only if the person is 100% conscious and aware and wants it, if s/he's really suffering and there's no mid, long term solution. But that's off-topic, just excusing myself for saying so. I said it, tho', because it's a common line of thought in this kind of dramatic stories (I'm reading Dracula right now, and there's a part where the main character thinks so: "she's better dead" etc.), and I think it's the one Ling is following, again, to keep a clear conscience. The fact some of the Envy-people are asking to be saved (I probably would be one of those, was I in that situation. Don't even wanna think about it... sad.gif) doesn't mean they can... and then this logic (kind of) applies -> "better dead than uselessly suffering anymore". Those are intended to be sad/tragic characters indeed, just like Nina. sad.gif

[quote name='GaluxKitty' date='Oct 14 2005, 01:22 AM' post='299828']
[quote post='299794' date='Oct 14 2005, 08:17 AM' name='GS4Life']
... where in the Blue Blazes is Armstrong?
[/quote]

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I'M WONDERING. Seriously, while all this crazy stuff is going on he's sitting back and relaxing?
[/quote]

[quote name='sai-chan' date='Oct 14 2005, 01:36 AM' post='299836']
I'm thinking Armstrong is gonna be the one to render Roy of his dead end =o Since his crew got separated, who else in the military could help him now?! D:
[/quote]

[quote name='GS4Life' date='Oct 14 2005, 02:00 AM' post='299848']
Yeah we so need Armstrong to bust into the military headquarters and shout "This method of busting down big heavy doors saving Roy and Riza's asses has been passed down the Armstrong family line for generations". Then he could go over and pick up Ed, Ling, and Ran Fan and shout "This method of making sure Ed, Ling, and Ran Fan get the medical attention that they need and getting them to saftey has also been passed down the Armstrong Family line for generations."The Homonculi and Father would be all like WTF and Al would be like dry.gif blink.gif and all would be well.
[/quote]

Well, he isn't there because as Mei stated in this chapter... It has been only 2 days! ever since the Elrics started luring Scar out (it did surprise me a lot to read Mei's line "That armor from yesterday!" ohmy.gif since it's been MONTHS of cliffhangerness to us happy.gif), and the thing has been kept under utmost secrecy, both by the military (out of interest) and Mustang crew (out of worriness)... Fury himself knew nothing of all of this. So it's logic the news hasn't reached the Major, no?

As for what he'll do in the future... yesterday while going back home it occured to me... Wrath and Father "took care" of Greed, Roy "took care" of Lust... Seems Envy will be Ed's "job" (well, not that much now, but still...), etc.
So, on the other hand, who put up a more than decent fight against the big muscle guy -somewhat- Scar and made him decide to retire? Who was the only one who could "confront" Sig Curtis in order to get to see Izumi -ehem sleep.gifU-? Who was the one who beat yet another "Big Guy" Roa and didn't kill him just because was such a good person? wink.gif See where I'm going?
And now... Given how much Arakawa sensei and her crew love Armstrong, that meaning he'll much probably get more stellar moments, and one could be "taking care" of an hommunculus... And which is the big-muscled hommunculus who looks like his main power might be "Ultimate Punch/Strength"?
[spoiler]SLOTH!

That's my bet: Armstrong will be the one to beat/kill Sloth.[/spoiler]
Time will tell.

[quote name='sai-chan' date='Oct 14 2005, 01:36 AM' post='299836']
[quote post='299279' date='Oct 12 2005, 10:11 PM' name='carla']

[quote post='299058' date='Oct 12 2005, 02:14 PM' name='Sensenic']And, BTW, what's with the hate for poor Mei Chan/g, ppl? She's just like Ling, bad ass and funny: her way-too-biased imagination is just hilarious ("something small that was there" laugh.gif If Ed knew... And if she knew...). Come on, not everything has to be fighting and angst. Or Royai or Edwin, for that matter.[/quote]

[/quote]

Ahh thanks xD I forgot his full name is Black Hayate xD I just call him Hayate >_>

It's not that I hate Mei-chan either, especially cos she's so freaking cute xD It's a really really nice comic relief for the chapters (<3 cutesy everywhere)... But carla took the words outta my mouth : leave me hangin' dont'cha!! >_< But all is forgiven when it comes to FMA, I just wanted the thrill to be kept at the same rate all over the chapter ;o;

And I liked the big armored monster over the small thing in the back xD Man is Mei-chan getting dissapointed when she finds out who that small thing is ._.''

Ans Sensenic, the fact that Marcoh was indeed a HS candidate slipped my mind, but isn't he still being used solely for the creation of more personnel?[/quote]

Oh, I wasn't refering to none of you for that matter, I just read a couple of posts of Mei Chan scene bashing and surprised me.

And I understand you, but I'm afraid that's the usual rythm FMA follows... I mean, it's not the first time the action is cut at a cliffhanger to move onto another, calmer scene. You should know... \ sleep.gif /

As for Marco... well, he was being kept alive and watched, after Lust found him, because he was a HSC, and indeed he was taken by Envy when he was needed, we assume that in order to make "reinforcements" for Daddy. One thing doesn't deny/change the other.

Arff... that was tiresome. But I love it when things are lively. Yay!

EDIT: Why quoting won't work?! dammit! Well, if it won't work, maybe coloring will sleep.gifU
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.