Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Antimony's Fan Art
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks > Fanarts
Pages: 1, 2
Antimony
I've just posted some of my first FMA fan art in my gallery. Right now there are only two but I've got plenty more in the works. Hope you guys like them!

FMA-Elric Boys and Friend
FMA-Elric Doodles and New Kids
ed's numbuh 1 fan
ohmy.gif ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo those are good smile.gif i hope you make a fanfiction it sounds interesting biggrin.gif
Smoke Alchemist
Those are really cool...show me more! great job. wub.gif

@ ed's numbuh 1 fan-LOVE your avatar...did you make that? cute.
AlchemistCookie
Those are great and are amusing. Do keep up with the good work!
snwbnny
Great art! I would love to see a fanfic to it. ^.^
Thank you for the support! I did some more fan art in color this time, and I'm a little more confident drawing the Elric bros now.

Elrics and OCs
Antimony
QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 29 2005, 08:21 PM) [snapback]294297[/snapback]

Thank you for the support! I did some more fan art in color this time, and I'm a little more confident drawing the Elric bros now.

Elrics and OCs

That was me, I forgot to log in. tongue.gif
snwbnny
In color! ^___^ < 33333

I love the one where Al is holding up Ed. xD And the one where Ed is nudging Al with his elbow.

Keep it up!
Smoke Alchemist
That is very nice...good work.
Antimony
I'm thinking of doing a series of pictures of characters who don't have very much fan art. On the list in my head I have Ed and Al's parents, the people from Xing, Nina and Alexander, and Barry the Chopper. Today I have a picture of Izumi to share. Enjoy!

It's Izumi!
Smoke Alchemist
QUOTE(Antimony @ Oct 5 2005, 12:18 PM) [snapback]296358[/snapback]

I'm thinking of doing a series of pictures of characters who don't have very much fan art. On the list in my head I have Ed and Al's parents, the people from Xing, Nina and Alexander, and Barry the Chopper. Today I have a picture of Izumi to share. Enjoy!

It's Izumi!

Hey thats real good.

Antimony
QUOTE(Smoke Alchemist @ Oct 5 2005, 07:47 PM) [snapback]296456[/snapback]

It's Izumi!

Hey thats real good.

Thanks, I'm glad at least ONE person thinks so. Why is that no one else has said anything? This thread has 68 views!
Smoke Alchemist
QUOTE(Antimony @ Oct 5 2005, 10:57 PM) [snapback]296629[/snapback]

QUOTE(Smoke Alchemist @ Oct 5 2005, 07:47 PM) [snapback]296456[/snapback]

It's Izumi!

Hey thats real good.

Thanks, I'm glad at least ONE person thinks so. Why is that no one else has said anything? This thread has 68 views!

I couldn't tell you. I always respond to people's art. When i post a piece of my graphic art i love to have feedback, But i guess some people look but dont have the strength to hit reply tongue.gif . I like to extend the same favor that i hope some would do for me.
Tombow
Those are very good!! And I like your Izumi!! Nice job!!
EdElricsGal93
Nicely drawn and colored. biggrin.gif
The OC big brother is ugly, though. I hope you didn't base him on anyone you know. tongue.gif

(And why do I have a feeling you need to work on your backgrounds? tongue.gif)
Antimony
I almost forgot about this pic! It was pretty popular on deviantART when I first posted it. I think it's just silly.
Stray Cow?

QUOTE(EdElricsGal93 @ Nov 15 2005, 02:55 AM) [snapback]314977[/snapback]

The OC big brother is ugly, though. I hope you didn't base him on anyone you know. tongue.gif

Gee... thanks a lot for the ... semi-constructive criticism. I made my characters the way they are on purpose, and I don't care if you think one of them is ugly. You don't even explain why you think so, you just say it as if it's a fact. And the backgrounds were not important to me. If I intended to sell these pictures or publish them then I would care about them, but since these are basically classroom doodles it doesn't make any difference.

*grumble* obnoxious gender confused n00b troll ...
EdElricsGal93
...oversensitive moody/bitter artist who interprets everything as an insult? Or just never received nothing but pure compliments?
Antimony
Very funny. I've read your other comments in other people's threads. You seem to be here only to criticize other people's work. Even your username and sig indicates that you're making fun of fangirls. That looks every bit like trolling to me.
EdElricsGal93
Ohh, so you're overlooking the compliments I do give to people to support your hypothesis that my mission here is to destroy every aspiring writer/artist's dreams. Funny, cause if you didn't already have something against me and actually read the fanfics I've criticized, you'd agree they're bad and need some improvement. Then again, everyone has a different taste, right?

So maybe it really is my fault to begin with.

What on earth was I thinking? Obviously that's not complimentary enough. I could've elaborated on what I especially liked about your sketching and coloring. Maybe your outline is really strong, maybe Ed really looks like Ed, and maybe your color-shading is exceptional. Whatever it is about your drawings that I liked, simply adding a smiling face just doesn't cut it.

And having failed to give enough plus points, I moved on too quickly and said not one but twocomments I didn't even mean to break a heart. (Look, a tongue.gif was attached at the end of each sentence!) So please. Allow me to amend for my bad behaviors and explain.
The OC big brother is ugly, though. I hope you didn't base him on anyone you know. tongue.gif)

This is an opinion and I didn't even mean it as a personal insult, but had I known you were so protoective of your OC and wouldn't let anyone call him ugly so as not to hurt his feelings, I would've held my tongue. Man, I really should learn from all those people during Hitler's reign.

To be honest, I was really impressed by the scenes you have drawn, and I felt they could be even better with some sort of indication that the characters are somewhere instead of in one of those airless, spaceless, gravitational-free dimensions. But apologies. Apparently you're not aspiring to be a published artist, so this doesn't really matter.

Well, I've gone on long enough. So yeah, this will be my last flame on this thread. Keep drawing. Keep coloring, and see ya around.
Tombow
Stray Cow is totally awsome!!
It's clever, and "Arakawa sensei cow" being held by Al is so adorable!! happy.gif
mii
Contrary to what this guy thinks I find your artwork to be quite impressive. All your drawings have a stlye all of thier own. If these are just class room sketches then you could be very very good if you sat down and truely worked your ass off to drawing more than a sketch. Its really cool how you have created your own characters and incorporated them into a manga type thing. I really like them. Keep it up. Also, which one is the OC guy? Is it the one with the somewhat long hair?

This guy said my drawing looks like I simply coppied mine but said it more as a insult than anything. If you meant trace then you are way off because its not traced.
Antimony
QUOTE(mii @ Nov 16 2005, 07:13 PM) [snapback]315711[/snapback]

Also, which one is the OC guy? Is it the one with the somewhat long hair?

Yup, that's him! I just did a colored pic with him in it, and here it is.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/25290852/
mii
Nice work. That is a really good representation of a guy from the OC. His hair looks a lot like mine LOL. Im from Orange County aka the OC. A lot of people have that stereo typical look. Are you from the OC or are you just copying one of the guys from the show?
Tombow
That's another good one!! ED, Isaac, and Winry each have different expressions, and IMO, each personality is coming through.
Nice job!!
Antimony
QUOTE(mii @ Nov 17 2005, 04:37 AM) [snapback]316024[/snapback]

Nice work. That is a really good representation of a guy from the OC. His hair looks a lot like mine LOL. Im from Orange County aka the OC. A lot of people have that stereo typical look. Are you from the OC or are you just copying one of the guys from the show?

Oh, no no no! OC in this sense stands for Original Character. I've never been to Orange County, but I did used to live near San Francisco. Does he really look like someone from that show?? blink.gif
mii
Dude he does look like people from Orange County. I dont know if he looks like anyone from the show because I dont watch it. Im new here so I have no idea what OC means other than some crappy shortened version of Orange County lol.
SsleepyAlly
On the first couple pictures you posted, did you use color pencils? Cuz it's reaaally good. No coloring out of place or anything.....
Phyco girl
Commented on most through dev-art biggrin.gif! Now I'm going outside so I only left a comment on that 1st comic (out of the 6 comics you made) of yours ^^.

At first I was a bit skeptical of that fanfic of yours but as long as it's not Sue/Stu-ful (your characters seem very down to Earth BTW smile.gif) I'd love to read whatever you come up with whenever that will happen tongue.gif.

QUOTE(EdElrics-something or another)

random blabber and arguing

'Scuse me, but arguing in someone's fanart thread isn't proving you mature at all ^^. You may just be heightening her point so please do drop it (both of you if possible (?)) I agree she may have been exaggerating slightly over the ugly comment, and I believe it was meant as a light sort of comment (note the tongue.gif) not an insult.

Misunderstandings at their worst, ne? laugh.gif
Antimony
QUOTE(Phyco girl @ Nov 20 2005, 07:11 PM) [snapback]317641[/snapback]

Commented on most through dev-art biggrin.gif! Now I'm going outside so I only left a comment on that 1st comic (out of the 6 comics you made) of yours ^^.

At first I was a bit skeptical of that fanfic of yours but as long as it's not Sue/Stu-ful (your characters seem very down to Earth BTW smile.gif) I'd love to read whatever you come up with whenever that will happen tongue.gif.

QUOTE(EdElrics-something or another)

random blabber and arguing

'Scuse me, but arguing in someone's fanart thread isn't proving you mature at all ^^. You may just be heightening her point so please do drop it (both of you if possible (?)) I agree she may have been exaggerating slightly over the ugly comment, and I believe it was meant as a light sort of comment (note the tongue.gif) not an insult.

Misunderstandings at their worst, ne? laugh.gif

Thanks a lot for all your kind words! I appreciate the comments you left me on DA, and I'm glad you don't hate my two characters! I despise Mary Sue types myself and I've learned the hard way how to keep from making them. As for that argument with that other guy from before, I admit I overreacted a bit to his comments but I have no intention of stretching it into a flame war. I started this thread to get feedback for my work, and even negative comments are better then none at all.
mii
even negative comments are better then none at all.

IMO negative comments that arent well founded are completely unnecessary. Especially when the drawings are actually good. Keep up the good work.
theothersin
blink.gif Why is it that everyone can draw better then me? Compared to you Antimony, I have to be the worlds worst artist. Great job biggrin.gif, 'specailly on the comics and Izumi!
sakuracc
YOUR DRAWINGS ARE AWSOME!!! I LOVE THE LAST ONE WHERE AL HAS HIS BODY BACK... I WISH THAT WIL HAPPEN SOME TIME IN THE SERIES THOUGH... (SIGHT)... sad.gif ...
Antimony
QUOTE(sakuracc @ Dec 2 2005, 08:03 PM) [snapback]323257[/snapback]

YOUR DRAWINGS ARE AWSOME!!! I LOVE THE LAST ONE WHERE AL HAS HIS BODY BACK... I WISH THAT WIL HAPPEN SOME TIME IN THE SERIES THOUGH... (SIGHT)... sad.gif ...

I know! Poor guy, he really deserves to be normal again! A grown up restored Al would make squee like a giddy little girl. tongue.gif
Antimony
Just adding a link to a new piece I did tonight. It's Ed getting ready to lay the smack down! Go get 'em, Ed! http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/26212628/
Tombow
^^ That's very good!!
I love the blue light part!!
Nice job!!
Antimony
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/26323753/
This one wasn't drawn by me but I forgot where it came from. All I did was add the colors.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/26407969/
Beware! AlxOC fluff! Warm fuzzies alert! I'm not responsible form any cavities or nausea you may experience!
Tombow
^^ Awww, you gave Al a very cute girlfriend!!
That's so sweet, and I like it!!
Nice coloring job on the other one, too!! happy.gif
Antimony
Got some more new stuff for ya!

A pic of Scar
Royai in the rain
Scar, Roy, Ling and Envy
Tombow
^^ Oh, more drawings!!
I'm a big fan of Ling, so taht Scar, Roy, Ling and Envy pic makes me very happy, and I like your drawing of tattoos on Scar's arm, and the arm muscles on the first one!!
Very nice job!! happy.gif
Antimony
Too Short to Be Sexy

Drew this little strip after seeing this clip.
English dub actors convention skit
Tombow
^^ Gahaha!! That manga is so funny!! laugh.gif Nicely done!!
And, thanks for sharing that clip!! I can see how you got the inspiration!!! Awsome!! biggrin.gif
IttyBittyPretty
QUOTE(Antimony @ Sep 26 2005, 05:56 PM) [snapback]293078[/snapback]

I've just posted some of my first FMA fan art in my gallery. Right now there are only two but I've got plenty more in the works. Hope you guys like them!

FMA-Elric Boys and Friend
FMA-Elric Doodles and New Kids

#I've seen your DA gallery and my favorite is your coloring job on "Evening Wear". Props to you.
DarkHaze
Haha you're great smile.gif
IttyBittyPretty
QUOTE(Antimony @ Oct 10 2006, 12:16 PM) [snapback]457827[/snapback]

#"Trick or Treat" is simply adorable. Not many people draw Al the way Arakawa intended, ie: blond and golden eyed like Ed. Al's hair and eyes have been colored so many different ways I simply refer to him as having "chocolate brown" eyes and hair "the color of warm caramel" in my fics. Have you found employment yet? I know what a pain that can be, and also how scary when there are no paychecks coming in.
Antimony
QUOTE(IttyBittyPretty @ Oct 13 2006, 12:31 PM) [snapback]459222[/snapback]

#"Trick or Treat" is simply adorable. Not many people draw Al the way Arakawa intended, ie: blond and golden eyed like Ed. Al's hair and eyes have been colored so many different ways I simply refer to him as having "chocolate brown" eyes and hair "the color of warm caramel" in my fics. Have you found employment yet? I know what a pain that can be, and also how scary when there are no paychecks coming in.

Thanks a lot for the kind words. I like Al better with the manga colors, too, since I'm also a manga purist.

And under the circumstances, I'm not worried about having a new job yet. I live at home and I'm still a student, so it's not so bad. But I'm still sad that I can't get more paychecks.

Oh, and here's one more new pic for all the EdxWin fans, and it's in color!
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/41301675/
IttyBittyPretty

Oh, and here's one more new pic for all the EdxWin fans, and it's in color!
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/41301675/
[/quote]

I wonder if I'm too old to go "SQUEE!!"

On the bad side, I was unable to print the drawing, just a glitch or can you set "prevent printing" on DA? I just keep printed out FMA fanart and screencaps in a 3 ring binder where I use them to seperate the fics I've written, sort of a way to break up long blocks of text.
DarkHaze
I wish I could draw bodies like you smile.gif
IttyBittyPretty
QUOTE(DarkHaze @ Oct 15 2006, 02:31 PM) [snapback]460241[/snapback]

I wish I could draw bodies like you smile.gif

#Heck, I wish I could draw human faces/figures period! laugh.gif In HS art class, I could draw persepectives like you wouldn't believe but people? Bah! I was terrible! I have so many images in my head of FMA characters - but I can't draw them! ohmy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.