I've been writing this on paper for quite some time now. I'm glad I actually decided to type it up and post it. Oh, and there's no pairing.

Chapter One

Wrath winced as he stumbled through the forest. His wounds still hadn't healed and his vision was getting blurry.

I have to find somewhere safe to rest. But where? I'm in the middle of a forest. What do I do?

Suddenly, Wrath collapsed to the ground. He snarled and tried his hardest to stand up again. His knees buckled and he fell down face-first.

No! I'm not this weak! I'm stronger than this! I am! D*mnit! No! I'm strong! I'm...strong...I'm...

Before the Homunculi passed out, he saw a tall, female figure.

"M-mother..."
- - - - -
Wrath awoke to find himself in a small bed. The floor of the room he was in was polished wood and the walls were the same color. There was a wooden dresser in the corner and a wooden chair facing the window. Standing, the boy grinned when he saw his wounds were completely healed.

"Hey, you're up." Looking up quickly, Wrath's eyes widened a bit at the sight of a tall, muscular woman. She wore a light blue plaid button-up shirt and slightly faded navy blue jeans. Her brown hair was tied back in a bu and her brown eyes shone with smugness.

"Who are you?"

"That's a nice way to talk to someone who helped you. You should be happy to know you were only out for forty minutes. Come downstairs when you want to eat." Turning, the woman placed her hand on the doorknob and was about to leave.

"I'm leaving."

"No you're not."

"What?" The woman turned back to face him and grinned smugly.

"You're an alchemist. A Homunculi, but an alchemist."

"How do you-"

"You heal faster than a normal human ever could. You're not the first one I've seen. Anyway, back to why you're staying here, it's because of equivalent exchange. I helped you, you help me. Fair is fair." The short Homunculi snarled.

"I follow the law of equivalent exchange in alchemy, not in anything else! I'm not staying here and that's-" Before he could say anything else, the woman strode over and clapped her hands on his ears. It hurt and he grabbed hishead and stumbled back. No one had ever boxed his ears before.

"What was that for?!"

"Quit being a brat. You're going to help me, whether you like it or not. So what if you're a big bad Homunculi? You're a kid and you're in my care. My name's Bellair, by the way. Now come downstairs."

"To H*ll with you!" Bellair boxed his eays again and herded him roughly down the stairs.

"Move it, colt. I don't have time for your rude manners. You tick me off and I'll start calling you piglet and make you wash Old Helen." Wrath reached the bottom of the stairs and darted for the door, but an old golden retreiver grabbed his pants and stopped him.

"Let go!"

"No use, colt. She won't let go. Unless I tell her to, that is."

"No way I'm staying with you!" Again, Bellair boxed his ears. Snarling, the Homunculi reluctantly followed her into the kitchen. There was a bowl of yellow scrambled eggs, a plate of browned panckes covered in dripping brown syrup and a plate of slightly blackened sauseges.

"You don't get any sauseges, by the way. Those are mine.Eat up. You're chopping wood today."