Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Episode 28 All Is One, One Is All
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Sakura-FOREVER
<Edited to change the title of the thread from "All Is One, One Is All, LOVE IT" to "Episode 28 All Is One, One Is All, talkback thread" to better describe the content of this thread. 02/21/07 ~Tombow>

I loved it
CursedAnubis
That boy at the end,

[Spoiler]
Wrath
[/spoiler]

is ugly. dry.gif Yes, I don't like him at all.

But yes, I loved the episode, heh laugh.gif
Jen_Elric
This episode is now one of my favs. It made me laugh out loud and cry a little. I really enjoyed seeing Al in his human form, even though it was in flashbacks.
THis mysterious boy, we will know more about him in the next episode.

Where is everyone? I want to know what other people thought of this episode!!!XD
AlphonseRules
This episode seemed like filler to me but it was still pretty good. Izumi's friend that was on the island when Al and Ed were little must have shrunk since the last time they were on the island. I realize that Al and Ed got bigger would make him look shorter, but he was only as tall as Izumi when they came to get Al and Ed. My favorite parts were the first time it showed the little boy and when he walked up to them at the end. I knew that the episode was going to end with them all standing there but I was still thinking, "Don't end, please don't end." laugh.gif It appears that we won't be seeing any action at least episode 30, but you never know with FMA.

ps-I think that most of us know who the little boy in this episode was but for the sake of the other viewers maybe we shouldn't mention his name. biggrin.gif
Sakura-FOREVER
I love the ep ya and i np who the boy is
animefangirl
it was really cool becouse it feels educational as well as fun
Automne
So you saw him, Al? biggrin.gif Hehe! Now you know them all! ph34r.gif
Tse'yak Naidraug
This was a great episode, overall. Sure, it might ave been just a filler of sorts, but it works better then just having them 'run into' the 'child'.

I thought the masked guy was Izumi's husband though. Max (Was that his name?) just didn't seem.... right.

Also, was I the only one who laughed when Ed and Al said what 'All is one, one is all' meant? The voice... was just..... so funny...

P.S. The 'child' is plainly a freak. Hey, did anybody get a pic of him when he came to the beach?)
Antimony
That was on last night?? Shoot, I thought it would be on tonight! Oh, well, thank goodness for DVR!
edochick
lol yes I loved this episode, even if it was sort of a filler tongue.gif The first time I saw the einglish version a few months ago, I was itching with anticipation. I was all, "GET AWAY FROM THAT BIG GUY!! Omg! You shouldn't be fighting, RUN ALREADY!!" ^^; yeah...I think I'm a little too into this show lol. But I'm glad I got to watch it again last night. I think they nailed Izumi's voice! Hurray FUNi!!
CursedAnubis
QUOTE(Tse @ Sep 25 2005, 11:40 AM) [snapback]292218[/snapback]

This was a great episode, overall. Sure, it might ave been just a filler of sorts, but it works better then just having them 'run into' the 'child'.

I thought the masked guy was Izumi's husband though. Max (Was that his name?) just didn't seem.... right.

Also, was I the only one who laughed when Ed and Al said what 'All is one, one is all' meant? The voice... was just..... so funny...

P.S. The 'child' is plainly a freak. Hey, did anybody get a pic of him when he came to the beach?)

The masked man was Mason, which I thought was very strange because he seems to have gotten shorter since then? blink.gif I don't know, maybe it's just me. Since they didn't really offer a clear view of his face, I took a picture of the next episode where you can see the kid hugging Izumi's boobs.
AlphonseRules
Here are 2 pics of that boy. The first one is quite creepy looking.
Also, I put a pic of when Al and Ed were around the fire. I thought that scene was animated really well with all the shadows and everything.
Antimony
I just watched my recording of it a couple hours ago. The episode was pretty close to the original manga rendition, with the only major change being the addition of the strange boy. I can really see how the two versions of FMA diverge now, since that kid doesn't exist at all in the manga. My favorite parts are definitely when the boys are trying to catch an animal to eat.

Ed: "I'm starting to wonder if foxes are edible ..."
blackrider76
[SPOILER]did anyone notice how the masked man, who was that guy who rowed the boat, was much more muscular during the time he was masked, and when he wasnt pretending to be the masked man, he was less muscular and thinner?[/SPOILER]

yes i know it was really badly worded
Martel
Oh man I liked the man in the mask that kinda brought on Ed's realisation of what all is one, one is all is. That and the fact that the two baby foxes in the flashback made an apperence as adults laugh.gif But the creepy little nude boy running around an island... so wierd wink.gif
the_lightning_alchemist10
Sorry, my brain isn't comprehending what you typed. *still has a confused look on her face* explain later. Oh, iloved the episode though!!!! I love any episode with flashbacks with when they were little. 2 CUTE!!!!! By the way I remember someone saying the child (still unnamed for spoiler haters) was ugly or something, I myself think he's kinda cute happy.gif!!! Just sayin.
Fullmetal Fugazi
yeah, that was a great ep! I cant wait till next saturday to see the next one. I love the flashbacks biggrin.gif
AlphonseRules
QUOTE(the_lightning_alchemist10 @ Sep 26 2005, 12:50 AM) [snapback]292862[/snapback]

Sorry, my brain isn't comprehending what you typed. *still has a confused look on her face* explain later. Oh, iloved the episode though!!!! I love any episode with flashbacks with when they were little. 2 CUTE!!!!! By the way I remember someone saying the child (still unnamed for spoiler haters) was ugly or something, I myself think he's kinda cute happy.gif!!! Just sayin.

That was me, except I said that he was creepy looking and he is in that first pic that I posted. Even when he was at the beach I think that he was weird looking. I thought that he kinda looked like a mix of Al and Ed but with black hair. blink.gif
Pamster
QUOTE(AlphonseRules @ Sep 26 2005, 01:39 PM) [snapback]292997[/snapback]

QUOTE(the_lightning_alchemist10 @ Sep 26 2005, 12:50 AM) [snapback]292862[/snapback]

That was me, except I said that he was creepy looking and he is in that first pic that I posted. Even when he was at the beach I think that he was weird looking. I thought that he kinda looked like a mix of Al and Ed but with black hair. blink.gif

That is just what I thought too, that he looks like Ed and Al but with black hair. Interesting skin tone too.....
Femalchemist
Loved the flashbacks and getting to see more of Al. Yeah it was somewhat of a filler but it let's you see their past and understand some of the things that are about to happen. Thank you all for not using spoilers. I wait on pins and needles for Saturday nights. biggrin.gif
That is just what I thought too, that he looks like Ed and Al but with black hair. Interesting skin tone too.....

Well the reasaon is...gasp *slaps her moputh shut before revealing a spoiler*...umm, there's a reason for his skin tones. You'll find out soon enough.
Tse'yak Naidraug
QUOTE(the_lightning_alchemist10 @ Sep 26 2005, 05:25 PM) [snapback]293156[/snapback]

Well the reasaon is...gasp *slaps her moputh shut before revealing a spoiler*...umm, there's a reason for his skin tones. You'll find out soon enough.

Yes, well... I'll just give a hint to that.

I hope this works... If it doesn't... LOOK AWAY.

[spoiler] Remember what happened to small Ed in the episode, and what he said in the next episode preview... [/spoiler]

If it didn't work, you can keep reading now.

O, yes, thanks for the pic AlphonseRules!
AlphonseRules
QUOTE(Femalchemist @ Sep 26 2005, 08:00 PM) [snapback]293115[/snapback]

Thank you all for not using spoilers. I wait on pins and needles for Saturday nights. biggrin.gif

I agree, thank you guys. I am an avid spoiler hater.

QUOTE(Tse @ Sep 26 2005, 08:31 PM) [snapback]293164[/snapback]

O, yes, thanks for the pic AlphonseRules!

Any time. wink.gif
Sikiu-San
i loved this episdoe <33 always my fav in the manga

the only thing i am really concerned about are the flashbacks they are going ot have comming up >_> i really dont deal well with the thing that you can make heads or tails of that we say for a briefe second in the first episode *sobs* that thing gave me nitemares *sobs harder*

but i cant wait for the awsome fight scene that is comming up between ed and a certain someone in a certain place that is a certain someone's hideout. or is it @_@ i dont know. in the manga they were at his hideout but on little snippets i have seen it looks like they werent >_>; but either way i cant wait for that fight xD <33
ed's numbuh 1 fan
i could'nt stay away from the epi summerys and spoilers so i know all thats going to happen T.T

but YES YES YES YES YES i liked that epi,infact it was on yesterday smile.gif i can't wait for next saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pamster
I hope talking about this ep isn't spoiling anythiing for you...If I have said something maybe I should edit. sad.gif I was just sayiing the impression I got from seeing it and how it was in agreement with the person I quoted. smile.gif I really liked this ep so much, The masked man training them was kinda cool and I think that someone else already said the fight brought out Ed's full understanding of All is One, One is All. That was a great scene. smile.gif

*Edit*
Is there any reason my sig wouldn't show here but in some places it does? newbie question. Sorry to ask a dumb question. wink.gif
Sorry, Pamster I have no idea why it's doing that. Try PMing more experienced forum members (not me cause I"m dumb).

Now, back on topic...I CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT WEEKS EPISODE TOO!!!!! It'll finally explain all of everyone's questions!!!! Okay, maybe not all but definetly explains about the kid from the forest place.
CursedAnubis
I can't wait for next weeks episode either! biggrin.gif Yay for little boob hugging boys!
Sakura-FOREVER
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
adamclark
yeah that was a great episode. it was very enlightening to see the boys' history and background.

although I really don't like how Izumi mistreats them.
edochick
QUOTE(adamclark @ Sep 27 2005, 07:29 PM) [snapback]293564[/snapback]

yeah that was a great episode. it was very enlightening to see the boys' history and background.

although I really don't like how Izumi mistreats them.

but that's so funny laugh.gif
adamclark
yeah i guess that humor is lost on me.

she definitely loves them a lot.
She loves them so much, that she's willing to let them get killed on an "uninhabited" island!!!! Wait, that was a bad example.
Dreakon
QUOTE(the_lightning_alchemist10 @ Sep 28 2005, 12:19 AM) [snapback]293626[/snapback]

She loves them so much, that she's willing to let them get killed on an "uninhabited" island!!!! Wait, that was a bad example.

She's willing to let them get killed on an "uninhabited" island, but you forget that the masked guy was there. While his ultimate purpose was to teach them a lesson, I am sure he would've stepped in if they were in any real danger.

She loves em, in an extremely painful, tough kind of way.
She's willing to let them get killed on an "uninhabited" island, but you forget that the masked guy was there. While his ultimate purpose was to teach them a lesson, I am sure he would've stepped in if they were in any real danger.

She loves em, in an extremely painful, tough kind of way.

That's what the qoutation marks aroung uninhabited meant, Your right though about Izumi. She loves them to dearth!!!!! She's just a bit hard on them. But, that's good for them!!! It'll make them stronger so they don't die in a real fight.
Dreakon
QUOTE(the_lightning_alchemist10 @ Sep 28 2005, 07:04 PM) [snapback]293909[/snapback]

That's what the qoutation marks aroung uninhabited meant

Oh, sorry. The "Wait, that was a bad example." threw me off. smile.gif
I thought Ed and Al showed just how tough they are, and were as kids, in this episode.

Even at the point of starvation, they obeyed Izumi's command not to use alchemy... and even after 30 days on an island they didn't tan laugh.gif

(P.S. Thunder soooo beats lightning, Lightning Alchemist)
They never get tans in anime.

(BTW LIGHTNING IS COOLER!!!!! You realize that thunder is caused by lightning. even I know that!!!)
Jen_Elric
Am I the only one that almost cried when Al was crying in the rain? The voice for Al (Aaron Dismuke) did a great job!
And the parts when they almost killed the rabbit, and then did later, made me sad too. At first I was like, "don't kill it! NOO!". But after they realized what " All is one, One is all" meant, I knew they needed to kill the rabbit for them to survive. Still sad though...
Chibi-Usa
I kinda thought it was a coming of age episode too...
Lawl
I wouldn't exactly call that episode a filler, it explains a lot of things that you wouldnt understand unless you have watched that episode, especailly once you find out who that little boy is tongue.gif
I WANNA SEE THE LITTLE BOY!!!! I unfortunatlly know who he is because some friends of mine told me agianst my will.
That kid creeped me out, I don't know why. But he looks exactly like Ed except with black hair. Can't wait till next episode!
TheVileOne
Izumi isn't mistreating Ed an Al. She's just DISCIPLINING them. There's a difference.

And the Elric brothers badly needed some discipline and punishment for going against her teachings.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.