Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do You Guys Play Any Sports?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
The Flame Alchemist LuckyANBU
i dont mean to b mean to the bowlers but i dont count it as a sport...

ok i play Tennis and Baseball. I'm good at poker and pool (not simming the bar game)
i know the last two arent really sports but i just figured i'd mention it lol

so anyone else play sports? and what are they?

OOOO and if u play a team sport what poition do u play

i'm left handed and i play 2'nd base and short for baseball
wolfi1412
I played lots of stuff... but the things that I really 'mastered' or 'perfected':

- volleyball
- competitive swimmer

and things that I like to play during leisure:
- basketball
- badminton
- soccer
- frisbee!!! they're so fun!

sports that I can play:
- softball
- california kick ball
- a little bit of wrestling.. ><
- a little bit of water poloe
- tennis
AWESOMe

i play a lot of sports but yea the two i mentioned r the ones im competitve in.

thats awesome i play a few of those u meantioned too but not swimming i have sorta a fear of water. sleep.gif'

U must be pretty athletic then thats cool i am too
wolfi1412
softball and wrestling are two things that I learned at school..

want to add one more: floor hockey!
Ailuro
I can play a mean game of tennis. >3

I also like soccer and swimming. But tennis definitely takes the cake.

Basketball.. not so much. Football.. eh.. can be a little fun, but not my cup of tea. I can't even serve in Volleyball. I LOVE hockey though. Even though I got my front teeth broken off and had to them glued back on with this bonding stuff, I still like. :3

But TENNIS!! xD
wolfi1412
I can't really play tennis, after all, I played badminton too, so it's hard to balance both of them
Ailuro
@-@ Tennis is my major sport. I hate it when others call the score as 1 to 2. I'd say, "It's 15 30 you idiots! >(".
I feel so mean when I do that though.. >>;
rsF
Tennis mostly. Then some soccer, usually right mid-field.
wolfi1412
I don't get how tennis keep their scores..
WoW im shocked and amazed at how many people play tennis as their major sport cuz i just played two matches today i won the first one and was to winded to win the second one since i only had about ten minutes in between them lol

i won the first 6-4, 6-4 second i lost 6-1, 6-4.

yea i live in Florida so if any of u do, i'd love to play other FMA fans tongue.gif that would b fun lol.

but i doubt some of u even live in America so yea lol
Ailuro
Its really quite simple when you get the hang of it.

1 point = 15
2 points = 30
3 points = 40
4 points = Game Unless its a deuce. Then the next score would be either add-in or add-out depending on who scored the point. Then when the other scores the point, its back to deuce.

'15 15' is '15 all'
'30 30' is '30 all'
'40 40' is deuce.

'15 0' is '`15 Love'
same with 30 and 40.

Get it? o_O;
wolfi1412
no, i'm confused. why they said '15' instead of 1 ?
Ailuro
Ehh.... I don't know actually. That's just the way it is.. o____O;
wolfi1412
still don't get it.. so the game ended only if u reach 4 points???
no, i'm confused. why they said '15' instead of 1 ?

LOL i dont know... actually i really dont know lol...y? i wonder ill ask my dad he was #1 in the 25's and up in the country crazy huh. That was when he was like around that age over twenty years ago but hes still mad good now i hate it cuz i can barely ever get a point on him..

and wolfie u win by getting 2 sets out of 3 or 3 out of 5 depends or first to 8 but thats the dumb way.

you win a set by winning 6 games b4 your opponent and u must win by two games or u hve to play a tie break. or if its 6-5 u play another game and if u win and its 7-5 u win that set cuz its by two games but otherwise if its 6 all u play the tie break.

still don't get it.. so the game ended only if u reach 4 points???

thats a game not a set u win one game then another until u do what i already typed one game is sorta like 1 point towards the goal of winning a set.
Ailuro
Well. That one game ends. Then you start another. In most tennis matches, the first with 6 games and winning by two games wins the set. Then you play 3 or 5 sets depending on the circumstances. Then if you win the most sets, you win the match. Oh, and you switch sides of the court every odd game.
lol im gonna make sure that by tomarrow i have over 100 posts so i gotta post 14 more tonight or tomarrow to be upgraded to alhemist lol then i need to get prolly like a hundred more lol
wolfi1412
go! fight! fight!! lol... try to flood like me.. it's "amusing"
Gashole
I rarely participate in sports, but I can be a really good spectator.
wolfi1412
anything that u can play?
Gashole
I can kind of play badminton, volleyball, basketball, soccer, etc., but in high school it got so competitive I got sick of sports in general. (It was just a game but fights actually emerged after each game. rolleyes.gif)
wolfi1412
well, u were an Indonesian, u should can play badminton.
Ailuro
QUOTE(wolfi1412 @ Oct 9 2004, 01:15 AM)
go! fight! fight!! lol... try to flood like me.. it's "amusing"

x3
wolfi1412
dry.gif
I rarely participate in sports, but I can be a really good spectator.

LOL thats funny hahahah

but yea ive flooded this stuff too its fun it really is lol
damn tho dude i hurt my ankle playing today i tripped over a ball behind the baseline and my ankle sorta twisted really fast and i played the rest that wasin the first match but i thot it was ok cuz it ok then but now its stil hurting it better b ok...god does it hurt too.
Ailuro
QUOTE(wolfi1412 @ Oct 9 2004, 01:24 AM)
dry.gif

Oh come now. I'm not insulting you or anything. ^^
wolfi1412
u double posted... try to hit the "edit" button, strange I found myself hit the edit button quite a few times..

and I hurt my knee when I slided twice on Wednesday's game, didn't have a knee pad.
Minamo
I play badminton. I also want to skydive( if thats a sport). My mom skydives.
wolfi1412
are skydives scary?
Omakase Shimasu
Sports... I used to do gymnastics. Turning/gymnastics, something like that. I always liked to play badminton, but never went to an actual training center or something. And ping-pong. XD Greatest game ever invented.
Gashole
laugh.gif Ping pong. Why are Asians good at ping pong and badminton, I wonder?
Omakase Shimasu
I have no clue, but you're right. They also like to play, uh... how do you say this in English? ...korfbal? Something like basketball but using only one hoop? blink.gif Or baseball. biggrin.gif
Gashole
Is it the one like in the movie The Emperor's New Groove?

(It is said the answer lies in their eyes. tongue.gif)
Omakase Shimasu
Aaaw, never saw that movie. "The answer lies in their eyes"? biggrin.gif Seems like they're saying Asians are bad liars. laugh.gif

Hmmm, maybe they like ping-pong because it's a fast game. Asians have pretty fast reflexes what with all the DDR and [overall] computer games they like to play. tongue.gif (OK, this mostly goes for Japanese)
wolfi1412
oh, Kase, u have to watch The Emperor's New Groove!! it's my favourite cartoon!! it's hilarious, u can watch it a million times and still finds it funny!!!

and I didn't knw that Asians have better reflexes.
Tashi
i dont do anything organized, but me, my lil bro, my old man, and the dog play football alot. (american football, not soccer)
Ailuro
Hurray for the dog playing as well. x3
Thievesvinegar
mt. biking. I like to go fast.

I've always wanted to skydive- i love heights, but i never had a chance to.

sad.gif
RoyxRiza BigFan
i use to play basketball until i started working T+T
wolfi1412
QUOTE(Tashi @ Oct 9 2004, 06:22 PM)
i dont do anything organized, but me, my lil bro, my old man, and the dog play football alot. (american football, not soccer)

do u have a pic? me wanna see!!
xrninja
ugh, flooding annoys me....especially if the posts are useless one-word answers like "hehe" or an emoticon. dry.gif is a high post count really that prestigious?

anyway. some basketball and some badminton for fun, mostly shotokan karate and weapons stuff though. basketball helps with my stamina for karate, badminton for my reflexes. i don't like team sports that much because when i get frustrated i get really snappy <read: bitchy> and i don't want people to have to deal with me when i'm like that. plus, i don't like being relied on or having to rely on others. karate is much better suited for me, my temper, and my long gangly limbs smile.gif
xrninja u r just like my best friend hes exactly like that. but if something goes wrong he blames it on everyone else even if it really was his fault and he doesnt realize that mayb if he wasnt acting like that we would have a better chance to win..so i completely quit trying to play doubles with him..he gives up so quick too and is such a bad sportsman GRR sometimes i just wanna kill him!!! mad.gif it pisses me off just thinkin about it!
Aqua_Alchemist
Competitive: Sailing, Swimming

Recreational: Football and Basketball mainly, then tennis, badminton, rounders, whatever....just not cricket biggrin.gif
Carnal Malefactor
I used to play baseball, and was really good at it, but then I blew out my right shoulder when I was 17, and also developed a chronic neck injury, so no more of that. I still work out occasionally, but not as much as I'd like to nowadays.
what no bacon-- used to play baseball, and was really good at it, but then I blew out my right shoulder when I was 17, and also developed a chronic neck injury, so no more of that. I still work out occasionally, but not as much as I'd like to nowadays.

yea that blows dude my coach busted his rotator cuff when he w as acollege pitcher he coulda been pro if it didnt happen like that. And my dad's rotator cuff is all messed up from tennis now too. i dont want nothing to happen to me!! (im so injury prone tho....)
Fullmetal Elric
i used to play soccer but then i started to not like it so much, i can't play any "contact" sports like football and lacross or like wrestling and stuff. i was born with a genetic disorder called factor 8 deficiancy which is a form of hemophelia. it sucks. i can't play paint ball either
WoW that blows.. ummm soccer is sorta contact sport..? i used to play soccer then lost interest too....
Prinz_Zoisit
.>.< weeh...

i havn't been in a soccerclub in my life, although i wanna can play soccer....(so hot game)...
wolfi1412
I enjoy kicking the ball.. but can't really play good.. like to goal.. ><
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.