Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ghost Stories
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Chibi Viki
This thread is a spin off from the "Ghost" thread (and in celebration of the launch of "Exorcist" Episode 0 movie, hehehe...

anyway, my personal ghost experiences aren't really scary and are more of paranoia. but i have heard of much scarier stories to tell.

one of them happened in the Hospital of the University that I go to. So, there's this one night when this intern got into the elevator. Only a woman was present, so the two of them went down together.

the elevator stopped and opened its doors on the 2nd floor. outside, another woman was calling for the elevator to stop and wait for her. but the intern immediately closed the door.

so, the woman in the elevator asked the intern why he didn't wait for the incoming passenger.

"did you notice that red band on her wrist?", he asked, "it is an indication that she's already dead" (meaning that what they actually saw was a ghost)

"Oh", said the lady, "You mean... like this?" she held up her wrist and there was a red band.
RolfKaese

x_X
Kokoro no Hana
XP
Ailuro
x____x
Chibi Viki
^^;;

uhm... got any ghost stories to tell?
RolfKaese
eto.... don't know one x_X
dreamcatcher_alchemist
I have one, but you have to promise not to laugh at me when I'm done.
Fullmetal Alchemist Pr0
ok then
Chibi Viki
i won't, i promise! ^^
filimonovna
I promise, I won't!
Fullmetal Alchemist Pr0
pls pls plssss i want to hear it smile.gif i won't laugh
Gashole
I heard there's an attraction in Disneyland where guests can request a song and a piano nearby would play it. However, instead of some technical-modification to the piano, it's actually a ghost that was attached to the piano playing it. The ghost wouldn't leave and the Disneyland crew figured, "Hey, why make her (the ghost is assumed to be a she) go when she can help us and we don't even have to pay her?"
Gashole
QUOTE(RolfKaese @ Sep 17 2004, 03:55 PM)
eto.... don't know one x_X

Oh, as if we'd know if you just make one up. Ghost stories simply fascinate me, whether they're true or not.

A couple ghosty links:
http://www.kontraband.com/show/show.asp?ID...&CAT=pics&NSFW=
http://ghoststudy.com/gallery.html
Fullmetal Alchemist Pr0
omg the last website is FREAKY!!! lol i think im gonna have nightmares *Calls for MUM*
dreamcatcher_alchemist
okay, here it is.

I had to have been around 8 or 9 and at the time four of my sisters slept in one room. we didnt have our bedframes at the time, so it was just our matresses, and mine was right in front of the door, which was open. And as a note, the house was old so everything creaks when you walk in it.

I woke up, for seemingly no reason, and at first I thought something had made a noise, but none of my sisters, all lighter sleepers than I, but they were all still asleep.

Then I see a boy dressed in what looked to be late 1800s period clothing standing in front of my door. He looked at me, gave me a sad smile, and started to "walk" away, except none of the floorboards creaked. When he'd vanished around the corner I got up to look but no one was there.

that said and done, here's the kicker:

my neighbors were two of the most straight-laced, anti-spooky people you'd ever meet. two years later they were telling my dad and I about how in the 1800s our two houses were connected and how a farm boy who'd died in the house. He'd been locked away because his parents considered him insane, and he'd tried to claw his way out of the room. The marks were still behind the mirror that was bolted to our side of the house on the bathroom wall.

creepy neh? ^^; don't laugh.

~ais
Omakase Shimasu
Oo Don't laugh what the hell? You bolted me to my chair with your creepy stories. Dammit, I KNEW I shouldn't have looked in here!! *looks around* Everybody's already asleep.. Just me and the friggin' cats. OO Damn. You know, I'll just promise I'll post my story tomorrow. When it's daytime. 6:30 AM doesn't count as daytime.

OK, I'm really going upstairs now. *looks over shoulder again* OO Drat, drat, drat.
Thievesvinegar
QUOTE(Gashole @ Sep 17 2004, 09:49 PM)
I heard there's an attraction in Disneyland where guests can request a song and a piano nearby would play it. However, instead of some technical-modification to the piano, it's actually a ghost that was attached to the piano playing it. The ghost wouldn't leave and the Disneyland crew figured, "Hey, why make her (the ghost is assumed to be a she) go when she can help us and we don't even have to pay her?"

i think you're refering to the haunted mansion. There's this scene where the ride goes on the second floor and looks down at people ahaving an old-fashioned ball, dancing and a perrson playing piano, but they're kinda transperant. Its really cool, how disney does that. But i never heard of her taking resquests.

What i like about it is that at the end of the ride, you face this wall of mirrors and see actual detailed ghosts sitting next to you or on you, like you're leaving with a personal friend that you only know.
RolfKaese
o_O scary... *shutters*

thhank god the sun is already shining ^^
Omakase Shimasu
Ha, Rolfie's right. Now that I've got the sun to back me up, I can tell you all the least bit realistic ghost story yet. Hmmm, now that I mention it, I guess you can't even call it a real ghost story anymore. Oh well, it really scared the crap out of me countless times, so... Just a warning beforehand. You may laugh at it now, but the thought behind it really sends chills down your spine, if it by any chance really happened to you.

Aherm. OK, my Mom (and Dad)'s Grandaddy was just on his way home from work. He had to pull overtime, so it was nearing midnight by the time he finally got off work. Everytime he walked home from work though, he would always pass the town's cemetery. So one day, he was walking along in the dark, passing that cemetery when he heard a squeak. He looked down and saw a little chick (um, you call those little yellow fluffball-babies of a chicken a chick right? Oh well, in any case), he saw this little chick, but couldn't find the mother anywhere. So he decided to take it home with him. Bringing up his backpack he settled it in nice and comfy. Once that was done he continued his track home. But only a minute after he started walking again, his backpack became heavier and heavier with every step he took. Than suddenly a low chuckle came from behind him, right next to his ear. Without missing a beat, he flung the backpack off his back and raced home as fast as he could. The laughing eventually died down when he reached his house.

Oo It's still giving me the shivers. Even if it was his mind playing tricks on him... that's freaky. And it had me screaming one day too. <___< No, I'm not going to talk about that little incident. Stupid chick.
RolfKaese
oO
*note to himself: never pick up a chick*
Omakase Shimasu
Yeah. And the weird thing is, the day before my Mom told me that story I actually picked up a chick from a bush. It managed to get out of its pen by chance so I picked it up and handed it to its owner. O__O I didn't tell her about this either, so it really freaked me out then.
RolfKaese
_

dangerous pickies... x_x
Omakase Shimasu
@__@ You said it. Btw. glad you're not laughing. biggrin.gif Cuz you know, this could someday be your ghost story that you pass on to your kids and grandkids and friends on a forum.

So... you don't have a ghost story you want to share, Rolfie? It can't be possible your parents never told you one? Or your grandparents, uncles, aunts etc.
Kokoro no Hana
X_X my neighbour has chickens!

Actually I have a scary history too......or maybe it's not, but I was scared!

One day where I had been home from school, my mom asked if I would go out and hang up the laundry (outside of course) in a hour or so (she were going to work) and I did! But when I started hanging up the clothes I heard some noises from the little wood near my house, first I thought that maybe it was just the neighbours chickens, but it sounded much more heavier! then I though maybe it were one of the neighbours, but I would have seen it, if there were a human in there! I'm still very scared, actually I always been afraid of that wood, or not always but in many many years now, I'm never going near it again alone!
I know I'm easy to scare, but there were something scary in there!
RolfKaese
when i was young, i was scared of robbers... during the night, my door of my room had to be open so i could hear the robbers sneaking in...
well, sometimes im scared during the night if it is all dark, i dont see anything but weird noises... this happens often if we are on holiday in some old-house made from wodden or so... x_X
Omakase Shimasu
*nods* I can understand both. I'm really such a wuss, even though my sis says I've got nerves of steel. laugh.gif She only said that because I didn't get scared when we were watching the end of Friday the 13th where that drowned kid would jump out of the water. Oh wait, is this a spoiler? O__o
RolfKaese
lol.
Omakase Shimasu
Oh, I see. Now you're just doing a lol thing to get yourself more posts, huh? tongue.gif Yeah, I've seen right through you, buddy.

Aherm. Back to topic: .....Oh drat... I thought I had another ghost story, but it completely slipped my mind the moment I began this stupid post. Big sigh. Now that it's light, I wanna hear more ghost stories...
Chibi Viki
hehehe, i got another one...

there's this guy who lived in a dormitory near the university he was attending to. in his room were 2 bunkbeds, so he and his 3 roommates occupied the room.

It was summertime then, and his roommates left to spend their vacation elsewhere. the student, on the other hand, had to stay for summer class.

alone in his room one night, he laid on the lower bed of the bunk bed reading some books. he heard a creak and looked up and noticed that the bed on top of him suddenly sunk as if someone was lying on it... which was impossible because he was the only one in the room.

suddenly, a girl lowered her head from the side of the bed (because apparently she was the one occupying the top bed) and cried, "Hello!" and her head fell off her neck and unto the floor!

>_<

this story has always scared me since i also lived in a dormitory w/ bunkbeds...
Omakase Shimasu
O__o That is one scary image, Viki. Heh, I'm sooo glad I decided to get rid of my bunkbed now.

Hmmm, that reminds me! I got another one too. Again not a real ghost story, but it managed to scare me so...

Three girls decided to go camping one day. They picked a piece of forest that lay deeper into the woods than expected. They set up their tent and that night they heard sounds from outside. Somethig about those sounds set them off and one of the girls decided to check things out. The others agreed since they really didn't want to go out there.

The first girl left, but before the other two had time to settle down again they heard screams and growls from outside. Petrified they didn't dare to move and could only sit in horrible silence as the screaming and growls died down. Instead they could hear faint sounds as if someone was dragging a rock across the ground. It would stop and drag and stop and drag. Then it was silent.

The next morning the girls finally decided to get their acts together and check outside, thinking whoever (or whatever) the noise had made was gone. Once outside the found the upper body of the first girl, deep tracks in the mud behind her, showing them that it had been the girl who had tried to crawl back to the safety of the tent.

Hmmm, than there's another one: this one is definitely ghost-centered. And now that I think of it, you might have heard it before. Anyway here goes:

Two guys drove their van down a highway that spiraled around a mountain. (Um, it had a name, I think it was famous, but I forgot -__-;;) Halfway up one of the guys spotted a girl wearing all white standing in the middle of the road. The driver couldn't stop in time and plowed right into her. They were both horrified but they never heard a bump to indicate they had actually hit something. When they turned to look back at the road behind them nothing was there either. Slightly shaken but relieved they focussed back on the road and freaked when they saw the same girl. Again they hit her, but this time when they looked back, she was beheaded. A white face lay in the back of their van, and that's when they truly freaked spurring each other on to drive faster. A bump in the road sent them flying, and when the tires hit asphalt again the head was gone. The girl behind them only stared them after.

Hmmm... OK, I confess I kinda forgot how it really went, so it's not all that accurate. -___-;; Bah, hate it when that happens.
Kokoro no Hana
X_X I don't like this poll at all! and I'm maybe going to see "The Village" tonight *shakes* ^^" I'm sure it's going to scare me sleep.gif

What a bad day I have dry.gif I have to make three essays to next week! I'm not going to survive this weekend! T_T I'm not even nearly done with the homework and I have so many other things I have to do! and tomorrow is my "ber relaxing watch anime all day" day T_T and soon I'm maybe getting a job! X_X

*Stares evil at the danish essay paper* dry.gif I don't want to make a stupid danish essay! I'm sure I get a bad grade more T_T
RolfKaese
the village is sh*t.... you wont be scared, believe me... its more a luv story than a horror film... i were sooo bored, everything is predictable and... hell, paid about 8 $ for this crap >_<;;
Kokoro no Hana
QUOTE(RolfKaese @ Sep 18 2004, 05:29 PM)
the village is sh*t.... you wont be scared, believe me... its more a luv story than a horror film... i were sooo bored, everything is predictable and... hell, paid about 8 $ for this crap >_<;;

I'm not going anyways dry.gif

But trust me! I will be scared if I see it!

What's in the wood!? I need to know before seeing it! ph34r.gif please tell me!
RolfKaese
ok, i spoil the movie

the wise people of the village are the ones from the woods... they made customes and want to scare the people because they dont want them to go to "the town"... which actually is a wild-life park from 2004 ^^

the movie sucks...
Vael
I COMPLETELY agree, Rolf. Really, the movie was made for Americans; it had a political message behind it. The colours (red and yellow) were meant to represent George Bush's "Terrorist Alerts", so that he could control the populace, since, as we all know, he is a dictator (Not much sarcasm here, by the way). Really, very few people actually UNDERSTAND the Terrorist Alerts, which is also how it connects to The Village.
RolfKaese
who cares for that outside of usa? sheesh... such a sick movie xD
Fullmetal Alchemist Pr0
well i like the ring the japanese version http://www.ring-themovie.com/the_ring/ring_new_movie.html here the website to the ring well its the US versoin
Chibi Viki
oh, so "the Village" was crap? and i wanted to watch it, oh well. i just saw Stephen King's "Dreamcatcher" and... it was a waste of my time. Stephen King's Kingdom Hospital is also a waste of my time.

anyone seen "Exorcist: the Beginning" yet?

kase, your second story is popular around here and it always happens in this one road that is called, "Balete Drive" (pronounced as Bah-lee-te). it was rumored that someone was raped and killed in that area and her ghost would not rest since her murderers were still at large.

some drivers claim to suddenly see her out of nowhere in the middle of the road and run over her only to look back and not see her. some taxi drivers report that there's a lady who would hire them for a ride, she would jump into the back seat and when the driver looks back, she's gone.

some drivers claim to see her while they pass by the road, and when they look on their front view mirror, they see her sitting in the backseat!

they all happen in the same road... there was even a local movie about it. it wasn't scary though and had a happy-happy ending w/c is typical here.
MJHermi
Hmm... As I've said in the other thread, I've never actually seen or felt any ghost, but I do know one incident which could have changed all that.

I was around 9 years old. My sisters and I were staying at my maternal grandmother's old house (Mt. Pinatubo was erupting back then, and we had to evacuate from home). It was late at night, and we were playing/imitating the Japanese game show "Takeshi's Castle" in the living room with our cousins.

About the living room. Due to the possibility of ash falls, the windows were all closed. The huge room can be separated into three parts - the main reception area, the area with a small round table, and the area where the picture of my deceased grandfather is displayed.

Going back to the game. We were separated into two teams. One team took the time to set the game up in the living room while the other wait in the kitchen, hidden from view so they wouldn't have any ideas what the puzzles would be. We had been playing for quite some time, and it was the other team's turn to set things up, so I stayed in the kitchen with one of my cousins as we waited.

Suddenly, I heard my older sister and my other cousin scream, and they suddenly came barging into the kitchen. When we asked what was wrong, they said that while they were setting up near the area where our grandfather's picture was displayed, they suddenly smelt the scent of roses.

There were no roses in the living room. And remember, the windows were closed.

It was our grandfather's death anniversary that day.

smile.gif
Kokoro no Hana
X_X
Kokoro no Hana
QUOTE(RolfKaese @ Sep 18 2004, 09:23 PM)
ok, i spoil the movie

the wise people of the village are the ones from the woods... they made customes and want to scare the people because they dont want them to go to "the town"... which actually is a wild-life park from 2004 ^^

the movie sucks...

What a stupid movie.....

I though there were something scary in the wood ^^"
Chibi Viki
Suddenly, I heard my older sister and my other cousin scream, and they suddenly came barging into the kitchen. When we asked what was wrong, they said that while they were setting up near the area where our grandfather's picture was displayed, they suddenly smelt the scent of roses.

There were no roses in the living room. And remember, the windows were closed.

It was our grandfather's death anniversary that day.

well, i'm not surprised by this since it usually happens to us.

one day, while we were eating dinner, we smelled the sent of candle smoke which was unusual because nobody used any candles at that time and there were none to be found in the kitchen. the phone rang and my brother answered it... it was my aunt and she just told us that our grandfather (father's father, paternal, right?) just died a few minutes ago.

a few days later, my niece (who was around 3-4 around that time), mentioned seeing our grandfather in walking around our old house were she and her family were staying. and there was the smell of roses in the place where she saw him.

another one was when my dad died. during the wake, there was a black butterfly flying around the funeral house in the first day... another one of the same kind during the funeral... and found one inside our house afterwards. a year later, after my mom had a Mausoleum built for my dad and the rest of the family (eeek!!), another black butterfly of the same kind was there on the day it was finished and the first day we had a proper visit.

before my dad died, he took off his favorite watch and his gold chain necklace w/ a baby jesus pendant and left them in our car... our red corola. after his death, we searched the whole car for them, but couldn't find them anywhere... we even stripped off the carpeting, opened all compartments, searched his bags, but they were gone. we concluded that they must've been stolen or something. a few days later, before his funeral, we found them... in the same car... near the stereo out in the open. it was really strange because if they had been there all the time, we would've instantly seen them. no one had used the car after the search, only my brother who found the said items.
Vael
mmm.. Does anyone mind if I put in a gorey horror scene I wrote a while ago, here? It's not really a GHOST story... but I don't have any ghost stories, really.

Edit: I take that back. Ghost story:

About four days after my brother died, a couple years ago... My mother and I were coming back from school, and we were hearing this noise, which was odd, because we were the only two living in the house. We came in, and it was the stereo in the back of the house, playing. This was EXTREMELY odd, considering it doesn't have batteries, it wasn't turned on, and it was unplugged from the wall. It was this really odd song I have NEVER heard before, with a woman's vocals... quiet instrumental in the background, but the vocals just kept screaming: "I HAVE NO SOUL. I HAVE NO HOME. I HAVE NO SOUL. I HAVE NO HOME." Well, my mother FREAKED out, picked up the stereo, and THREW it out our front porch, where it rolled down concrete steps and slammed down onto a gravel driveway. I put it in the garage... and at the same time the next day, the stereo. Was on. In the garage. Not hooked up. No batteries. Nothing. It was just playing the radio station it was set to....... I finally took it apart and threw it away, but... yeh.
Chibi Viki
ok, vael... that is, by far, the scariest story i have read in this thread!

*gives you scary story award*

now... excuse me while i turn on some more lights and move away from any audio device...
Fullmetal Alchemist Pr0
lol yeah it was SCARY!! well if i was u i would have burned it tongue.gif lol
Chibi Viki
drat... now i'm a bit paranoid, it's night time here now and i'm all by myself with my hamster for company... ~_~
Vael
Just think of the hamster as... HAMTARO! and you will feel safe and free from danger.
RolfKaese
for real Vael? not THATS strange.. *turns on lights*
thats really extreme... _
Thievesvinegar
believe it or not, E.T. used to scare the fucking hell outta me. Hmm,, you guys know the story of chuckie? Charming personality that just won't quit.

Vael- what a way to treat a brother.
Vael
My mother was actually accusing Satan of tormenting us and possessing our house appliances.

AND, CHUCKY RULES!!!!! X_X;;
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.