Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Shampoo/conditioner Do You Use?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Spam Central
Pages: 1, 2
~*(Jaded)*~
So just say what brand(s) of shampoo/conditioner you use! happy.gif Easy enough right?

I use Garnier Fructis.
IPB Image
Elderberry
Hehe, interesting, I'm also currently using Garnier shampoo-ishy! ohmy.gif Only it's the "sleek and shine" one that my mom decided to buy instead of the normal kind...rolleyes.gif

As for conditioner, the Dove "Intense Moisture" one works pretty well right now, I suppose...happy.gif
Quistis88
The shampoo I am currently using, to be precise, is Herbal Essences with rosemary, jasmine, and orange flower. Why do I know this off the top of my head? Because I read bottle labels in the shower. I also use the corresponding conditioner.

I'm only using this stuff at the moment because my mother gave them to me. mellow.gif I don't see what all the fuss is about Herbal Essences. To me, they're just shampoo/conditioner. Nothing miraculous happens to me or my hair during the duration of the shower.
~*(Jaded)*~
I usually use Herbal Essences too, but I thought I'd take a little break and try something new. happy.gif
mei_tenshi
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Sep 19 2005, 09:33 PM) [snapback]289143[/snapback]

Why do I know this off the top of my head? Because I read bottle labels in the shower.

You too?! ohmy.gif *doesn't feel like so much a dork* tongue.gif

I use Pantene ProV. The shampoo's volumizing and the conditioner's smooth and sleek, so the result of it is somewhere in between, I suppose.
Zarpia
i used *thinks* I thinks is Dove, Shampoo/conditioner
hitokiri
i too am using herbal essences...
Quistis88
QUOTE(~*(Jaded)*~ @ Sep 19 2005, 10:35 PM) [snapback]289145[/snapback]
I usually use Herbal Essences too, but I thought I'd take a little break and try something new. happy.gif
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Sep 19 2005, 10:40 PM) [snapback]289150[/snapback]
i too am using herbal essences...

Which type/scent? biggrin.gif It's more fun when people are more specific.

QUOTE(mei_tenshi @ Sep 19 2005, 10:36 PM) [snapback]289146[/snapback]
You too?! ohmy.gif *doesn't feel like so much a dork* tongue.gif

Hooray. Let's be Shower Label Reader Buddies. ph34r.gif

QUOTE(mei_tenshi @ Sep 19 2005, 10:36 PM) [snapback]289146[/snapback]
I use Pantene ProV. The shampoo's volumizing and the conditioner's smooth and sleek, so the result of it is somewhere in between, I suppose.

I heard somewhere that Pantene is bad for your hair.
mei_tenshi
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Sep 19 2005, 09:45 PM) [snapback]289151[/snapback]

Hooray. Let's be Shower Label Reader Buddies. ph34r.gif

Sure! What section do you usually read? Most times I just go through all of it, but I'm partial to ingredient labels.

QUOTE(Quis)

I heard somewhere that Pantene is bad for your hair.

Really? That...might explain...some...things...ph34r.gif

Perhaps I should switch back to Herbal Essences...but after I finish the bottles I have first. *must eke out every drop of hair-care products*
hitokiri
i am using the rose shampoo and the thyme conditioner... i like to mix things up a bit.
~*(Jaded)*~
I would use rose hips-vitamin E-jojoba.
mongooseboi
head and shoulders :]
Quistis88
QUOTE(mei_tenshi @ Sep 19 2005, 10:49 PM) [snapback]289153[/snapback]
Sure! What section do you usually read? Most times I just go through all of it, but I'm partial to ingredient labels.

I'm not partial to any of them. I read it all, including the French version. If I weren't Canadian and there was no French, I would probably have that much less to read.

Yes, apparently, Pantene works nicely for the first few times you use it, then it starts to add a waxy build-up to your hair that isn't exactly healthy. What "things" might that explain?

*must eke out every drop of hair-care products*

As a college student, that is to be expected.

QUOTE(hitokiri @ Sep 19 2005, 10:51 PM) [snapback]289154[/snapback]
i am using the rose shampoo and the thyme conditioner... i like to mix things up a bit.

Do you find that it works just as well as if it's not mixed up or no?

QUOTE(~*(Jaded)*~ @ Sep 19 2005, 11:04 PM) [snapback]289159[/snapback]
I would use rose hips-vitamin E-jojoba.

Rose hips are nice. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(mongooseboi @ Sep 19 2005, 11:04 PM) [snapback]289160[/snapback]
head and shoulders :]

Do those work for you? I remember that they never worked on me. mellow.gif
mei_tenshi
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Sep 19 2005, 10:11 PM) [snapback]289163[/snapback]

Yes, apparently, Pantene works nicely for the first few times you use it, then it starts to add a waxy build-up to your hair that isn't exactly healthy. What "things" might that explain?

Well, nothing serious. Just that my hair doesn't feel as good as it used to after I shower.
~*(Jaded)*~
QUOTE(mei_tenshi @ Sep 19 2005, 09:22 PM) [snapback]289165[/snapback]

QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Sep 19 2005, 10:11 PM) [snapback]289163[/snapback]

Well, nothing serious. Just that my hair doesn't feel as good as it used to after I shower.

Quistis is right, you should change your shampoo every now and then otherwise it won't work as well. And that is th fact of the day! biggrin.gif
mei_tenshi
@Jaded: Will do! ... Right after I finish the extra bottle in my drawer...
Carnal Malefactor
"I use Prell! The hard stuff! Takes yer scalp right off!"

Actually, I use some sort of Herbal Essences stuff that my mom buys. Not that it matters, since I wear a hat constantly if my hair grows over an inch in length. [I hate my crazy Cosmo Kramer hair]
Elderberry
QUOTE(Quistis-sama)
Why do I know this off the top of my head? Because I read bottle labels in the shower.
Ara, me too! I love to compare how the different instructions are written...laugh.gif

QUOTE(Quistis-sama)
Which type/scent? biggrin.gif It's more fun when people are more specific.
Ooh, I used to use Herbal Essences a lot when I was younger! (elementary and early middle school-ish...) I believe it was the pinkish set with the Rose Hips, Jojoba, and Vitamin E... rolleyes.gif
mongooseboi
@ quistis : i duno..i dont have much hair..so regardless of which shampoo/conditioner i use, it works pretty well :]
edsgirl
QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Sep 20 2005, 01:44 AM) [snapback]289174[/snapback]

"I use Prell! The hard stuff! Takes yer scalp right off!"

Actually, I use some sort of Herbal Essences stuff that my mom buys. Not that it matters, since I wear a hat constantly if my hair grows over an inch in length. [I hate my crazy Cosmo Kramer hair]

They still make that stuff? laugh.gif

Currently using a product called Motions. It's for African American hair and has extra moisturizer in it. It makes my hair incredibly soft and managable. When I get my hair colored I use L'oreal Color Vive.
habitual_heaven
I use the Suave Naturals "Ocean Breeze". But if I'm feeling lazy I just use my daughter's lavender tearless shampoo.
hitokiri
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Sep 20 2005, 01:11 AM) [snapback]289163[/snapback]

Do you find that it works just as well as if it's not mixed up or no?

i have a very strange hair care regimen... i use moisturizing shampoo, yet use conditioner designed for hair thats too oily... i also purposely pick one day a week where i'm not going to go out anywhere and wear a hat to trap in all the natural oil my hair makes, and wear a shower cap so it can't get washed away that day; then shampoo like normal the rest of the days... and i hot oil my hair once or twice a month as needed... its all part of my quest to maintain the perfect hair to oil ratio...
Quistis88
Wow, you go to such lengths for the sake of perfection. laugh.gif
hitokiri
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Sep 20 2005, 02:52 PM) [snapback]289297[/snapback]

Wow, you go to such lengths for the sake of perfection. laugh.gif

oh thats nothing... i have a friend who uses egg whites to wash her hair with, for the protein, once a week.... even i think thats taking it one step too far...
zombie
I just use what ever one i find first we have 4 at the moment, I cant see the difference
Fullmetal Fugazi
Nexus & Head & Shoulders (I alternate from time to time)
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Sep 20 2005, 10:47 AM) [snapback]289294[/snapback]

i have a very strange hair care regimen... i use moisturizing shampoo, yet use conditioner designed for hair thats too oily... i also purposely pick one day a week where i'm not going to go out anywhere and wear a hat to trap in all the natural oil my hair makes, and wear a shower cap so it can't get washed away that day; then shampoo like normal the rest of the days... and i hot oil my hair once or twice a month as needed... its all part of my quest to maintain the perfect hair to oil ratio...

I thought I was the only one who did the natural hair oil treatment. I don't go to the lenghts Hito does but I'll also stay home and bun it up and let the oils sink in.

I don't have any one shampoo I use I usually switch them around. Not that it matters really, my hair has a mind of it's own and no matter what product I use on it, it still doesn't it's own thing.

Many times I've threatened to shave my head and wear a wig.
xrninja
Head and Shoulders, or whatever else is in the shower (usually my dad's Pert Plus). currently, i only have Head and Shoulders 2-in-1 here with me at school, but i need to buy another brand of shampoo. if i don't mix it up every now and then, it irritates my scalp...it's complicated.

i've tried using Herbal Essences in the past, but my hair didn't like it. =P
Thievesvinegar
Herbal Essences reeks. Strongly.

I use whatever shit i'm given. It's good to have friends who work in the beauty dept. I can hit them up for stuff, and salon supplies work pretty well. It's hard to not sit here and gawk at some of the previous posts. My only criteria is for my hair to be clean, sometimes I forego the conditioner because it takes more effort.
Kakashi's#1 girlfriend
Right now my mom and I are sharing Treseme, it's something like that, I can't remember right now.*Yawn* sleep.gif
Quistis88
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Sep 20 2005, 12:56 PM) [snapback]289298[/snapback]
oh thats nothing... i have a friend who uses egg whites to wash her hair with, for the protein, once a week.... even i think thats taking it one step too far...

Ahh, that does sound a little extreme. But just a little.

QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ Sep 20 2005, 06:32 PM) [snapback]289484[/snapback]
Herbal Essences reeks. Strongly.

Really? I can't smell it half the time.
Thievesvinegar
When it's used, the whole room smells of the flowery stuff. But then again, I don't really go for sented body products.

I don't like to drown in chemicals.
Blitz
QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ Sep 21 2005, 12:34 AM) [snapback]289756[/snapback]

When it's used, the whole room smells of the flowery stuff. But then again, I don't really go for sented body products.

I don't like to drown in chemicals.

It does smell UBER flowery. My friend instead of using it on her hair, wrote on the wall with it. LOL
Carnal Malefactor
Here are the shampoo and conditioner I use for Miyuki. happy.gif

IPB ImageIPB Image
~*(Jaded)*~
@bacon- before reading that over for a second time I thought you were talking about yourself! laugh.gif
ed's numbuh 1 fan
no fair sis i was going to make a thread like this i don't know what stopped me XD >< oh well tongue.gif

i use Pantine and that Aussie condistioner(sp) "knot forgotten" they both make my hair nice'en smooooooooooooth wub.gif wub.gif
Blazex
I use samurai shamploo

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
hitokiri
QUOTE(Blazex @ Sep 22 2005, 12:53 AM) [snapback]290332[/snapback]

I use samurai shamploo

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

yeah... you're a nitzdick. dry.gif
Squirrel of Doom
I use Suave usually.
Le Monkey
The coconut one from morrisons...It makes my hair sell and taste nice happy.gif
Fan_Alchemist
QUOTE(~*(Jaded)*~ @ Sep 20 2005, 12:16 AM) [snapback]289128[/snapback]

So just say what brand(s) of shampoo/conditioner you use! happy.gif Easy enough right?

I use Garnier Fructis.
IPB Image

I like that shampoo.

I also use Herbal Essence Rose condition/shampoo.
Automne
Herbal Essence! I don't know the scent but I know the bottle is green... happy.gif;; I don't care which shampoo I'm using, I'm always taking what my mother brings.
Squirrel of Doom
I'm to poor to care. sad.gif
~*(Jaded)*~
I have switched to Frizz-Ease shampoo and conditioner smile.gif
IPB Image
halomasta
What kind of retarded thread is this? blink.gif
Automne
QUOTE(halomasta Posted Today @ 03:12 PM)
What kind of retarded thread is this?

[off topicness]I like intelligent questions like this... sleep.gif[/off topicness]
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(halomasta @ Sep 25 2005, 06:12 PM) [snapback]292563[/snapback]

What kind of retarded thread is this? blink.gif

[also off topic-ness-ness]well why ya post'n in it then????? Hm...Hmmmm...huh??????[/also off topic-ness-ness-ly]

tongue.gif
Fan_Alchemist
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Sep 25 2005, 03:11 PM) [snapback]292272[/snapback]

Herbal Essence! I don't know the scent but I know the bottle is green... happy.gif;; I don't care which shampoo I'm using, I'm always taking what my mother brings.

Guilty as well. biggrin.gif
knottyldp
i found this whilst checking out the forum in low fi-ness.

just thought id share the fact that i didnt was my hair from may03 until september 03 and then it remained unwashed until july 05 and since then it hasnt been washed smile.gifsmile.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(knottyldp @ Nov 7 2005, 06:07 PM) [snapback]310595[/snapback]

i found this whilst checking out the forum in low fi-ness.

just thought id share the fact that i didnt was my hair from may03 until september 03 and then it remained unwashed until july 05 and since then it hasnt been washed smile.gifsmile.gif

Well, I bet that smells just lovely. blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.