Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nintendo Revolution
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Game
Blitz
So, I'm guessing you have at least heard about this new console. I was looking through articles on it and I came to a site with a Revolution controller commercial. It looks like a remote but, in the commercial it looks like you can actually swing it around like a sword and use it as a gun and etc.

http://media.cube.ign.com/articles/651/651334/vids_1.html

What are your thoughts?
Ronaldo Rodregez
I approve.
Blitz
QUOTE(Ronaldo Rodregez @ Sep 17 2005, 09:52 PM) [snapback]287428[/snapback]

I approve.

This insanity just might work. LOL.
Maes-Hughes
yes, you can read all about it by going to pspupdates.com then clicking NR updates.
blackrider76
it also has a controller thingy if i recall correcly
you put in the remote and then the remote is part of the controller
the site with the pic is down right now... so i cant show you
Zarpia
the controller looks horrible to me, sorry but it does
blackrider76
here it is:
http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/articl...1026412-000.jpg
Ronaldo Rodregez
QUOTE(blackrider76 @ Sep 18 2005, 04:09 AM) [snapback]287719[/snapback]

it also has a controller thingy if i recall correcly
you put in the remote and then the remote is part of the controller
the site with the pic is down right now... so i cant show you

That's a guess of how it might be. The image is photoshop'd.
darkangelslayer
Nintendo's new controller is out. Congratulations Nintendo, you've created what looks like a sex toy. Complete with rumble pack. Well, it was a fun company while it lasted.
-VgCats.com

^^ laugh.gif

My thoughts are the same as above.
Maes-Hughes
nintendo said that they will be coming out with an extension for the "remote" for those classic games
CursedAnubis
I think the remote is a smart idea on Nintendo's part. Sony and Microsoft are working themselves into a graphics-whore corner while just re-making the same crap with OMG LUSH GRAFFIX and small improvements thrown in here and there. At least Nintendo is trying to make games more interactive with a gyroscopic, lightgun/powerglove ish controller that will get the player slightly more involved than just drooling at the screen while wiggling their thumbs around. But you know, thats just my opinion laugh.gif
Gato Gurl914
i agree. it does look like a sex toy ph34r.gif
Kakashi
Hawt.
WhiteMike
at first, I kinda thought that nintendo had screwed everything up. but now, after I thought about it, I think that the controller is going to be better then it looks.
halomasta
Nintendo Sucks man sad.gif , ooooo! I'am gonna jump on someones head ohmy.gif , they need to grow up.
They seriously need online play and more mature games sad.gif .
chidori69
i think the control is cute..and it makes me want to buy the console even more.,. the concept of it , is cool!
shogunskey
Hmmm this is quite odd but i think it will be fun to use
Blitz
QUOTE(halomasta @ Sep 26 2005, 10:46 PM) [snapback]293302[/snapback]

Nintendo Sucks man sad.gif , ooooo! I'am gonna jump on someones head ohmy.gif , they need to grow up.
They seriously need online play and more mature games sad.gif .

If you don't like Nintendo, stop spamming the thread.
shogunskey
i think it will need so getting use to, and its both, the idea for the contoller is truly

revolutional and great. It will change the way we play.

"this is an addition to my previous post i did not see before"
Celestial Shadow
At first, when I saw the controller, I was like "Wtf?! That's so stupid!!!" then I read about all the features and...I'm excited >D It seems like playing games may be a whole new experience, and you can have a lot more fun. *Personally wishes to decapitate someone with a remote*
Blitz
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Nov 22 2005, 09:59 PM) [snapback]318491[/snapback]

At first, when I saw the controller, I was like "Wtf?! That's so stupid!!!" then I read about all the features and...I'm excited >D It seems like playing games may be a whole new experience, and you can have a lot more fun. *Personally wishes to decapitate someone with a remote*

That is exactly the same thing my brother and I were thinking when we first saw the controller. It would be so cool playing a Zelda game or something and using the controller like a sword!
Dingbat
I went WTF? the first time I saw it. But then I started thinking of the different possibilities you can do with this controller. It can be used like a remote, sword, normal controller, etc. It's a great piece of multi-purpose controller! Plus it looks so odd that you can't help but love it XD

It's better than that Boomerang you call PS3 controller...
Blitz
What the hell is with the PS3 controller?! o_O I like Sony but that looks mighty strange to me.
Heartless_Soldier
When I first saw the remote thing I had the same reaction as you guys. Now that i saw the remote and the controler I think its a great idea. However since the controler is basicly two seprate parts what happens when one part breaks? Will they be the two parts sepratly incase of this incident. Na they wouldn't. You would have to buy whole nother controler. Man that bumer. Oh well still can't wait for Revolution to come out. smile.gif
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(Blitz @ Nov 28 2005, 03:44 PM) [snapback]321070[/snapback]

What the hell is with the PS3 controller?! o_O I like Sony but that looks mighty strange to me.

Ah...the boomerang thing? I'm kinda mad that they changed it...The PS1 and PS2 controllers were my favorite. They were so comfortable and easy to manage!
Phyco girl
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Dec 1 2005, 08:51 PM) [snapback]322746[/snapback]

QUOTE(Blitz @ Nov 28 2005, 03:44 PM) [snapback]321070[/snapback]

Ah...the boomerang thing? I'm kinda mad that they changed it...The PS1 and PS2 controllers were my favorite. They were so comfortable and easy to manage!

I know, so easy to hold! ohmy.gif

Anyway.... rolleyes.gif on the topic of the Nintendo controller: It looks a little fun biggrin.gif, eh, what Dingbat said. Think of the possibilities.

Though I thought the commercial was a bit too flashy ^^.
seventh_sky
Any controller where I can flail around in front of my tv and look like an idiot while playing video games is going to be so much fun XD I am so getting one XD Imagine playing racing games or something with it! Just wiggle the thing and your car moves..or something like that XD
CRAP ALCHEMIST
I don't think you have to use the remote. Ive seen pics that show you that you can slide the remote into the top of the "regular" controller, and then just use the controller to play instead.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.