Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do You Have Game?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2
hitokiri
after a discussion in SC i've come to realize that the next generation of potential playas is not so much with the game.... so i ask you ladies out there, what would a man have to do to have game, in your opinion? and fellas please state what you would do, and me and my fellow gamologist, as well as the ladies, will judge whether you have game.....
alchemydude90
you started this topic cause of me didn't yea dry.gif well i guess it's better if we had a disscussion actually on the topic at hand than on some random thread *cough*n00bcourt*cough*
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I'm not into going out with playas. Too hot and dry.
Carnal Malefactor
I'm gonna have to take notes on this one. laugh.gif
alchemydude90
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Sep 16 2005, 04:09 PM)
I'm gonna have to take notes on this one. laugh.gif
[right][snapback]286110[/snapback][/right]

same here, i really need it huh.gif
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Sep 16 2005, 06:55 PM)
after a discussion in SC i've come to realize that the next generation of potential playas is not so much with the game.... so i ask you ladies out there, what would a man have to do to have game, in your opinion? and fellas please state what you would do, and me and my fellow gamologist, as well as the ladies, will judge whether you have game.....
[right][snapback]286089[/snapback][/right]

"To have game"...I don't think I could even answer this, since I've never been on a date. Still...

One thing is, you gotta be smooth, and cool and calm. Or at least try.

You have to be sweet. Like...just buying a random present out of nowhere. Just because it's Wednesday tongue.gif

You have to be considerate. Be in tune to her feelings, know when she's feeling down, and ask why.

Talk. But don't talk about yourself unless she asks you, instead, ask her a few basic questions about herself, but nothing too personal.

Ah, there's just so much...And it's so hard to say exactly what I mean...Oh well, I give up for now. I tried rolleyes.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Sep 16 2005, 07:17 PM)

"To have game"...I don't think I could even answer this, since I've never been on a date. Still...

You have to be sweet. Like...just buying a random present out of nowhere. Just because it's Wednesday tongue.gif

You have to be considerate. Be in tune to her feelings, know when she's feeling down, and ask why.

Talk. But don't talk about yourself unless she asks you, instead, ask her a few basic questions about herself, but nothing too personal.

Ah, there's just so much...And it's so hard to say exactly what I mean...Oh well, I give up for now. I tried rolleyes.gif
[right][snapback]286122[/snapback][/right]

Translation:
Don't have a spine, and make sure to be made of money.

Gotcha.
alchemydude90
how would you impress a girl on a date, and by impress i mean dazzle her to make sure she's yours?
hitokiri
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Sep 16 2005, 07:23 PM)
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Sep 16 2005, 07:17 PM)

Ah, there's just so much...And it's so hard to say exactly what I mean...Oh well, I give up for now. I tried  rolleyes.gif

Translation:

Gotcha.
[right][snapback]286127[/snapback][/right]

nah those random present don't have to be anything big... something as simple as a cheesy 50 cent ring from one of those bubble vending machine will work, once and only once, if you pull it off right and at the right moment.

i'll be back later, goin to the bar and maybe getting my game on, if i'm in the mood for it.
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Sep 16 2005, 07:23 PM)
Translation:

Gotcha.
[right][snapback]286127[/snapback][/right]

No, that's not entirely true! That was just my opinion of what a guy should act like at first. If he was all mushy and crap all the time, and always asking me how I felt, I'd end up strangling him.

Being made of money wouldn't hurt though... rolleyes.gif

@alchemydude90- Refer to my other post. Particularly the talking, and being smooth.
darkangelslayer
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Sep 16 2005, 05:17 PM)

........... laugh.gif Good luck finding a guy like that!!
Celestial Shadow
I know tongue.gif I didn't say that was MY standard, but it's more like my wish.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Don't be an arrogant jerk. For me a big turn off.

Do try to pick something to do that your date likes. Bonus points for something you both like.

Treat your date like a lady. Open doors, etc. Even though being a rude ass is in vouge there are still pleanty of us out there that appreciate a gentleman.

Flowers are nice. biggrin.gif

Umm.....all for now. I'll add more later.
Celestial Shadow
I have to definitely agree! Especially with the lady thing. I always feel special whenever a guy holds a door open especially for me tongue.gif
Thievesvinegar
Only be an arrogant prick if you can pull it off. That goes for everything else.
Carnal Malefactor
Can anyone really pull that off, though?
Thievesvinegar
Right time, right act, right moment...you can get away with anything.
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Sep 16 2005, 08:52 PM)
[right][snapback]286209[/snapback][/right]

If you're smooth enough, you can make it attractive even...
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Sep 16 2005, 09:01 PM)
QUOTE(What @  no bacon?,Sep 16 2005, 08:52 PM)

[right][snapback]286213[/snapback][/right]

P'shaw. Maybe if you're an anime character. I'm talking about the real world here, toots! tongue.gif
Celestial Shadow
I'm talking real world! I've fallen for guys simply because they're a cocky jerk!
Thievesvinegar
cocky jerk? Poor you.

Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Sep 16 2005, 06:04 PM)
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Sep 16 2005, 09:01 PM)
QUOTE(What @  no bacon?,Sep 16 2005, 08:52 PM)

[right][snapback]286213[/snapback][/right]

P'shaw. Maybe if you're an anime character. I'm talking about the real world here, toots! tongue.gif
[right][snapback]286216[/snapback][/right]

As much as I hate to admit it. I went out with a few cocky jerks back when I was young and inexperianced. Thank god I outgrew that.
Carnal Malefactor
Women, for reasons I'll never be able to comprehend, seem more drawn to guys that are bound to treat them like shit than to anyone else.

Doesn't exactly bode well for someone like me. dry.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I don't know what the hell it is either. Perhaps you need alot of charisma to be that big of an ass and that's what is attractive. Somebody should of smacked me though.

Don't worry Bacon, there's still some of us out there who just want a nice guy.
Carnal Malefactor
Don't worry Bacon, there's still some of us out there who just want a nice guy.

Then where the hell are you!? SHOW YOURSELVES!!! tongue.gif

You know, I can understand being attracted to an arrogant demeanor when the guy that carries it is actually accomplished [Roy Mustang comes to mind]. But the vast majority of the guys I see who are really cocky are just homeboy types, or asshole preps. All they really have going for them are their looks [questionable] and their fashion sense [highly dubious].

I don't know if the girls that cling to these types are just airheads, or don't know what's good for them, but it's pretty irritating.
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ Sep 16 2005, 09:19 PM)
cocky jerk? Poor you.
[right][snapback]286226[/snapback][/right]

Yes, but I'm trying to get rid of this habit.

QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Sep 16 2005, 09:48 PM)
Women, for reasons I'll never be able to comprehend, seem more drawn to guys that are bound to treat them like shit than to anyone else.

[right][snapback]286255[/snapback][/right]

Listen Bacon honey, you just gotta keep trying. We are attracted to guys that treat us like crap, but usually we have deluded ourselves into thinking they're the greatest guys in the world. I don't know why though. Maybe it's a genetic defect. But I assure you most of us really want a guy like you.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Sep 16 2005, 06:56 PM)
You know, I can understand being attracted to an arrogant demeanor when the guy that carries it is actually accomplished [Roy Mustang comes to mind]. But the vast majority of the guys I see who are really cocky are just homeboy types, or asshole preps. All they really have going for them are their looks [questionable] and their fashion sense [highly dubious].

I don't know if the girls that cling to these types are just airheads, or don't know what's good for them, but it's pretty irritating.
[right][snapback]286265[/snapback][/right]

It's being young and stupid.

The young hip hop guys now a days are just a bunch of wankers. Their crude pick up lines, which I've been subjected to, are just.........ugh! I don't know how they get women but they do.
Celestial Shadow
*Knows this feeling well* I feel your pain, Mini sad.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Sep 16 2005, 10:07 PM)
Listen Bacon honey, you just gotta keep trying. We are attracted to guys that treat us like crap, but usually we have deluded ourselves into thinking they're the greatest guys in the world. I don't know why though. Maybe it's a genetic defect. But I assure you most of us really want a guy like you.
[right][snapback]286274[/snapback][/right]

I guess I have to refer back to my old sig...

user posted image
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I want one like that, only swicth men with women. It should have Izumi or somebody like that. Maybe Riza, Roy's kind of a thorn in her side at time.
Celestial Shadow
ph34r.gif *Is half inspired to make it*
hitokiri
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Sep 16 2005, 09:48 PM)

[snapback]286255[/snapback]

well then, i guess you have no other choice than to, follow the example of bobby brown, ike turner, and joe jackson. start beating up women...

QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Sep 16 2005, 10:12 PM)
The young hip hop guys now a days are just a bunch of wankers. Their crude pick up lines, which I've been subjected to, are just.........ugh! I don't know how they get women but they do.
[snapback]286285[/snapback]

you see that guys? lines rarely work and make you look like an ass...

here a few tips from me, gentlemen:

- picking up women is like hunting... you can't just stand in the middle of a forrest with an orange vest and just start blindly shooting and hope that you hit something. translation... pick your moments and approach very carefully. the ambush is a very effective technique.... when women go to somewhere that is based on the premise of women meeting men (ie. clubs, bars, parties, etc) they have their bs shields up. so how do we counteract this anti-bs phenomenom? simple approach them when they least expect it. next time you're at dunkin donuts waiting on line for a bagel and you see a nice attractive young lady, go up and start a nice conversation... NOTE: try to be the least creepy/needy as you can, else you may just get the cops called on you.

- LINES ARE SHIT!!! there is only one "line" that you will EVER need...

"hi my name is [insert name here] and i was just wondering if i can join you"

if you are smooth enough to pull it off, you can modify it to the following:

you: hi my name is [insert name here]. what's your name?

young lady: hi i'm [insert name here]

you: well [her name], i was just standing over there and just felt that i couldn't pass up a chance to come over here meet you....

ok the next part is the tricky part..

you: ... i was wondering if perhaps i could join you/take you out for dinner or lunch sometime. [in the best joking/jovial tone you can muster] if you're not interested thats cool too, i'm not some random freak off the street or nothing. i would just hate to pass up an opportunity to get to know someone like you just cause i didn't come over here...

- finally, there's a saying "a thousand no's lead to a yes". but this doesn't mean you can just be an ass and hit on everything that moves... be like a ninja...pick your spots, have a plan in your head as you are going over, but be ready to freestyle it, and never let them see it coming.
Carnal Malefactor
...the master is wise, I see...

[scribbling]
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I would be much more inclined to go out with someone who was straight forward like that then somebody who would walk up to me and say "Nice ass", yes this has happened. dry.gif

Good analogy on the hunting thing, Hito.
Quistis88
I also like the analogy, though I do not enjoy the potential implication of being the "hunted." biggrin.gif

I shall also stay updated on this thread, so I can pick up chicks learn a thing or two about the things I will never do, but also the things that other people might do to me.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Sep 16 2005, 11:54 PM)
somebody who would walk up to me and say "Nice ass", yes this has happened. dry.gif
[right][snapback]286436[/snapback][/right]

Oh my!

And what was your response? laugh.gif
hitokiri
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Sep 17 2005, 12:01 AM)
somebody who would walk up to me and say "Nice ass", yes this has happened. dry.gif

Oh my!

[right][snapback]286449[/snapback][/right]

the biggest no-no that i've heard someone use was "if my foot were a dick, i'd kick you in the ass..." needless to say this poor schmuck didn't get very far with the young lady in question... more like he got slapped, kicked in the balls, and had a drink poored over his testicularly crushed body as he laid on the floor, getting laughed at by me and my friends who saw and heard the whole thing.
Phyco girl
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Sep 16 2005, 11:06 PM)
QUOTE(What @  no bacon?,Sep 17 2005, 12:01 AM)

Oh my!

[right][snapback]286449[/snapback][/right]

the biggest no-no that i've heard someone use was "if my foot were a dick, i'd kick you in the ass..." needless to say this poor schmuck didn't get very far with the young lady in question... more like he got slapped, kicked in the balls, and had a drink poored over his testicularly crushed body as he laid on the floor, getting laughed at by me and my friends who saw and heard the whole thing.
[right][snapback]286452[/snapback][/right]

sleep.gif I see why... I think I would do the very same.

@Hito:Loved the analogy happy.gif Nice!

Answer 1: Anyways a guy with, "game" must not be a jerk. Basically what was said before so I will not go into detail because it will be very repeptitive and boring.

Another answer: Why do we like guys who treat us like shit? I don't know... maybe it IS a genetic problem like Celes said (I think...)

@Bacon:
I see you're taking notes Bacon biggrin.gif Hopefully you'll find a girl who knows what a nice guy is.
alchemydude90
huh, this topic is very interesting huh.gif

*scribbles notes*
Mrs. Edward Elric
Catch lines are important.

This one guy I was dating said: "I would go all the way to the other side of the world just for you" and by this he means the other side of the school, b/c he was planning to take me to class and it's like really far away. Plus his class is upstairs so by the time he takes me to my class, he's already late for his.
Phyco girl
Really? I'm not especially big on those... mellow.gif
hitokiri
QUOTE(Mrs. Edward Elric @ Sep 17 2005, 10:28 AM)

This one guy I was dating said: "I would go all the way to the other side of the world just for you" and by this he means the other side of the school, b/c he was planning to take me to class and it's like really far away. Plus his class is upstairs so by the time he takes me to my class, he's already late for his.
[right][snapback]286726[/snapback][/right]

ok... first, alert the good people at kraft foods cause you've been cheesed.

"I would go all the way to the other side of the world just for you"

what is this? did we become part of a titanic-esque movie or something? cause thats the only time such a line is appropriate...

though i understand the concept of why you liked it, he put you ahead of himself, this no skill having child pulled it off in a most cliche manner.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Awww but I love cheesy lines. They're charming in their own way, and work best with somebody you already know instead of somebody you just met.
Mrs. Edward Elric
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Sep 17 2005, 01:52 PM) [snapback]286862[/snapback]

QUOTE(Mrs. Edward Elric @ Sep 17 2005, 10:28 AM)

[snapback]286726[/snapback]

ok... first, alert the good people at kraft foods cause you've been cheesed.

"I would go all the way to the other side of the world just for you"

what is this? did we become part of a titanic-esque movie or something? cause thats the only time such a line is appropriate...

though i understand the concept of why you liked it, he put you ahead of himself, this no skill having child pulled it off in a most cliche manner.

Aww, but his catch lines was so sweet the way he said it. Even if it was kinda lame.....
Aog
I got game man.
Game, is my middle name.
hitokiri
QUOTE(Aog @ Sep 17 2005, 07:41 PM) [snapback]287302[/snapback]

Game, is my middle name.

this statement proves you have no game....
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(Envy's lil Miniskirt)

I would be much more inclined to go out with someone who was straight forward like that then somebody who would walk up to me and say "Nice ass", yes this has happened. dry.gif
I've had a guy come up to me in class once, and tell me "If I could f*** one girl here, it'd be you." dry.gif I mean, what the hell? Was that supposed to make me like him or something?!

QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Sep 17 2005, 01:01 AM) [snapback]286446[/snapback]

I shall also stay updated on this thread, so I can pick up chicks learn a thing or two about the things I will never do, but also the things that other people might do to me.

Quistis, I never knew ohmy.gif (Maybe you and ninja ARE really going out tongue.gif)
Elderberry
QUOTE(Celestial-san)
I've had a guy come up to me in class once, and tell me "If I could f*** one girl here, it'd be you." dry.gif I mean, what the hell? Was that supposed to make me like him or something?!
...I would have so thrashed him. sleep.gif (Fortunately, I don't think I've had any such random encounters yet...)
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(Elderberry @ Sep 17 2005, 08:36 PM) [snapback]287373[/snapback]

QUOTE(Celestial-san)
...I would have so thrashed him. sleep.gif (Fortunately, I don't think I've had any such random encounters yet...)

I was more or less in shock for a minute, and then he walked away. Then I got up and asked him what was wrong with him, and told him he was a disgusting pervert and he was fooling himself if he though I ever go out with him in a million years... rolleyes.gif (Insert random curse words there...I was pretty mad happy.gif;;)
Aog
But I have game.
Im the gamest gamer you will ever meet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.