Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alright Well.. I Made A Subtitle File.
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
Pages: 1, 2
triple
Out of http://www.livejournal.com/users/chickee1/1823.html

The translation on that page is only 16 minutes, so sorry but I dont know japanese.

You will need a player that reads subtitle files, media player classic works fine. Just hit load subtitle and you're all set, it works with part 1 of the raw. The first minute or two I just kind of winged it, later on I used a wave editor to get it exact.

ENJOY. Rename the .txt file included to .srt
Blitz
Sorry, I'm kinda confused. Could you have an explaination so it's idiot-proof?
triple
QUOTE(Blitz @ Sep 14 2005, 05:29 PM)
[right][snapback]284407[/snapback][/right]

download my attached text file to your desktop.

rename the FMA.txt to FMA.srt (I couldn't upload a .srt file here.)

download the latest version of this:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.p...ackage_id=84358

open up the raw movie with it.

go to file->load subtitle. browse to the .srt file and open it.

enjoy the subs.
Blitz
Thanks
AndroidLust
Okay, new question. Where can I get the raw?
MasterKris
download it off bittorent on the other thread about the Movie raw. One more ting, I still don't get it...
Hikaru Ookami
When I try to load the subtitle, it says I have to change the video renderer or something like that... ._." what does that mean?
triple
QUOTE(Hikaru Ookami @ Sep 14 2005, 07:20 PM)
When I try to load the subtitle, it says I have to change the video renderer or something like that... ._." what does that mean?
[right][snapback]284517[/snapback][/right]

oh, ok. go to options->playback->output.

look at the very bottom of that screen.

It says " **Required for loading subtitles"

Which means any of the checkboxes with ** after its name will work with subtitles.

So click those and you're home free.
Internet Alchemist
QUOTE(Hikaru Ookami @ Sep 14 2005, 09:20 PM)
[right][snapback]284517[/snapback][/right]

Yah i had gotten the same problem -- just go into your media player's setting and change the video renderer (If your using 'media player classic' there should be a ** next to the renderers that allow for subtitles) -- if not then you'll have to figure out yourself wink.gif

Edit:
nvm then, lol you got to it before me laugh.gif
Hikaru Ookami
It worked, thank you! By the way, you made a teensy typographical error there.

He sid it would be alright to be our patron.

"sid" should be "said", right? Not that it's very annoying. Just thought I'd point it out. ^^;
Are you going to translate the songs too? I know it's very hard, I had to translate songs from latin... but I want to know what the hell they're saying. Good job so far, though.
triple
QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 15 2005, 10:05 AM)
Are you going to translate the songs too? I know it's very hard, I had to translate songs from latin... but I want to know what the hell they're saying.  Good job so far, though.
[right][snapback]284782[/snapback][/right]

im not translating anything. I dont even know japanese beyond a few words. the thing isnt getting the translation (its translated up to what I could find on the net), its timing it to the movie.
QUOTE(triple @ Sep 15 2005, 10:44 AM)
QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 15 2005, 10:05 AM)
Are you going to translate the songs too? I know it's very hard, I had to translate songs from latin... but I want to know what the hell they're saying.  Good job so far, though.
[right][snapback]284782[/snapback][/right]

im not translating anything. I dont even know japanese beyond a few words. the thing isnt getting the translation (its translated up to what I could find on the net), its timing it to the movie.
[right][snapback]284788[/snapback][/right]

Ah. I see.

Hmmm...

A problem, this be
NeoKakashi
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Sep 14 2005, 06:52 PM)
download it off bittorent on the other thread about the Movie raw. One more ting, I still don't get it...
[right][snapback]284501[/snapback][/right]

Where, exactly? I don't see a post about it >__<
Hikaru Ookami
"FMA movie raw" and go to the last page (the topic starter didn't have the movie). Or to keep it quick, just click here and type in "Hagaren the Movie" and it will show up in two parts, as raw files.
KevLar
thanks for the .srt but why did they only do the first 16 min??
sad.gif
Hikaru Ookami
It's a work in progress..besides that..I doubt anybody could actually finish translating the whole thing in 5 days, with work and school inbetween. (they posted that translation the 10th, and the torrents came out the 5th, or atleast on tokyotosho).
Mystique
that is amazing work for someone who says they don't know much Japanese, lol.
u mentioned your bf earlier, is he the one picking up the japanese.

if u don't mind the help, i'll help touch up your english tl's, or if u have a copy of the japanese script, please PM to me as well.
i was gonna say u guys are crazy, not just waiting for the dvd and a sub group to do this, but since now the opening 5 mins make sense to me, lol when the guy's on about the bomb and stuff, i'm willing to help some happy.gif

the rest i remember from memory, hence i was impressed, keep going laugh.gif
KevLar
QUOTE(Hikaru Ookami @ Sep 16 2005, 09:28 AM)
It's a work in progress..besides that..I doubt anybody could actually finish translating the whole thing in 5 days, with work and school inbetween. (they posted that translation the 10th, and the torrents came out the 5th, or atleast on tokyotosho).
[right][snapback]285632[/snapback][/right]

Not everyone does work and school. For example, me. But I don't know Japanese. ph34r.gif
Blitz
THANK YOU!! I got it to work after a little while. So many people who take their own time to do nice things for us.
Hikaru Ookami
QUOTE(KevLar @ Sep 16 2005, 01:34 PM)
Not everyone does work and school. For example, me. But I don't know Japanese. ph34r.gif
[right][snapback]285801[/snapback][/right]

True, but on the page where they put up the translations they stated it would take a bit because they've got work and school. ;b

@ Mystique- The person who made this thread isn't the one who did the translations..it's the person at the LJ page they linked to. You should probably post that offer there ^_~ Also on the LJ page is the original Japanese but you'll have to know kana and kanji rather than just verbal speech. I know a little kana but only enough to point out the particles, and kana isn't as useful as kanji either way..=x
Mystique
i read the entire translation hence i was impressed, i've already seen the movie 3 times in Japan, so i can more or less remember a good majoirty of it, since i've already began memorising lines... user posted image

eitherway, language wise isn't too much of a problem,
(i mean i can read...some, just another 1400 or so kanji out of the 2000 to go) tongue.gif

but thanks for the heads up, will take another trip to LJ in a while happy.gif
Hikaru Ookami
You're welcome..by the way, you probably noticed my LJ is Shineiko..only use the account for comments though ;b.
AlConstant217
I have a problem, I've rendered everything to the settings with the two stars (**) and it still dosen't work.
Blitz
QUOTE(AlConstant217 @ Sep 21 2005, 04:40 PM) [snapback]289994[/snapback]

I have a problem, I've rendered everything to the settings with the two stars (**) and it still dosen't work.

That happened to me, too. But, you just have to restart the player for it to work. I struggled with that for a while until I figured it out. I can be really slow sometimes...
Hikaru Ookami
Don't worry...we all have those moments. ;D
Blitz
QUOTE(Hikaru Ookami @ Sep 22 2005, 05:06 AM) [snapback]290395[/snapback]

Don't worry...we all have those moments. ;D

LOL Don't we all? XD
AlConstant217
I put the subs on but after Ed and Al crash the subs get all backed up.
Jonouchi
I cant figure out how to make it play the subtitles..
Blitz
QUOTE(Jonouchi @ Sep 23 2005, 12:38 AM) [snapback]290939[/snapback]

I cant figure out how to make it play the subtitles..

Do what's under here. I had to ask cause I was confused, too. It's been made idiot-proof so it should help.

QUOTE(triple @ Sep 14 2005, 08:52 PM) [snapback]284447[/snapback]

QUOTE(Blitz @ Sep 14 2005, 05:29 PM)
[snapback]284407[/snapback]

download my attached text file to your desktop.

rename the FMA.txt to FMA.srt (I couldn't upload a .srt file here.)

download the latest version of this:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.p...ackage_id=84358

open up the raw movie with it.

go to file->load subtitle. browse to the .srt file and open it.

enjoy the subs.

Sirya
it works with a standard Windows Media Player aswell.
just make sure you have the .srt file in the same folder as the videoclip and both have the same name, like:
FMA_movie1.avi
FMA_movie1.srt

I just don't remember if windows media player supported it instant, or it downloaded something or you have to download something it for it. Newest version of WMP will also help.

BigDog
VLC Media Player is all youll ever need. When u load a file theres a spot right next to it to load a subtitle file with it. And it will play virtually every video format. I have yet to come across something it cant play and i watch a lot of video formats. www.videolan.org
Hikaru Ookami
Yeah, I think I've heard of that player before, but it's working for me so I won't need it. Although, is it just my computer, or is their font a bit way huge? O_O; and I'm running on the largest resolution..(1280x1024)
Edward-Fan
Hello everyone! I think you might be interested in this, that is if you haven't found it out yet.

Check out www.tokyotosho.com and search for Full Metal Alchemist

there is a 1, 4 GB file FMA THE MOVIE CAM file from Fork!
Yay, seems to be a SUB! I'm downloading it right now. O_o no seeders yet....
QUOTE(Edward-Fan @ Sep 27 2005, 11:39 PM) [snapback]293667[/snapback]

Hello everyone! I think you might be interested in this, that is if you haven't found it out yet.

Check out www.tokyotosho.com and search for Full Metal Alchemist

http://fupushi.net/sidestory/stuff/obviousday1.mp3

Tombow
QUOTE(Edward-Fan @ Sep 28 2005, 01:39 AM) [snapback]293667[/snapback]

Yay, seems to be a SUB! I'm downloading it right now. O_o no seeders yet....

Yay, that will be great!!
@Edward-Fan - let us know how it goes.
Edward-Fan
@Tombow: There are some seeders but I'm not connected with them...I got 46MB so far...My connection is very slow...but I'll wait for it to finish. The movie itself is splitted into two parts...and there seems to be a sample and files for the sound and subtitles.
Tombow
@Edward-Fan - Thanks!! Please keep us updated!
Mystique
mentioned in the raw link as well but...

btw guys...
Fork Fansubbed Release of the Movie

same raw, hard on subs with really good translation, ususal AVI file,
have fun! happy.gif

takes me back to the spoon, fork, chopstick days of FMA subbing, lol

no less appreciation for the guys who've been subbing parts of the movie until now, their work is amazing and its mentally taxing as well
tsukare! happy.gif

edit:
oops, it was said before, hee hee tongue.gif
Tombow
Thanks!! Can't wait to see the whole sub!!

QUOTE(Mystique @ Sep 28 2005, 07:31 AM) [snapback]293731[/snapback]

tsukare! happy.gif

Seriously!! tongue.gif
Pamster
Oh man its out on torrent only? Have to wait for someone to up it then, somewhere for direct dl. Thanks for the news everyone this is awesome! biggrin.gif
Hikaru Ookami
What does Tsukare mean? ^^;

<--- asks dumb questions.
Tombow
QUOTE(Hikaru Ookami @ Sep 30 2005, 10:37 AM) [snapback]294481[/snapback]

What does Tsukare mean? ^^;

<--- asks dumb questions.

@Hikaru Ookami - No way. That is NOT a dumb question.
Tsukare literally means fatigue or tire.
Also, if you say O-tsukare(with or without san or sama at the end) that's a word of compliment/appreciation for the efforts the person you are speaking to has done.
In the context here, I interpreted Mystique's "tsukare" as "hey, that was a lot of work."
And, my answer meant "yap, it was." biggrin.gif

BTW, how's your DL going? smile.gif
Mystique
so i took off the 'o' and the 'sama dshita'
i still lova ya tongue.gif

but good question indeed, cause we don't have a one word equiv in english to show ur appreciation when someones done well as such

yeah i was wondering bout the 'seriously', lol thought u were gonna say 'thanks' since i was thinking in terms of 'well done for the hard work u put in'

but its all relative content of course wink.gif
Hikaru Ookami
Ahh, okay then. ;D thank you! My DL is going dreadfully slow.....so I'm going to attempt at mIRC. -nod-
NightMistress
Triple do you still plan on creating a separate subfile that lasts the whole movie? Some of us would still greatly appreciate it. I use VLC player to run my subbed files. Works beautifully.
Tombow
QUOTE(Mystique @ Oct 1 2005, 05:27 AM) [snapback]294805[/snapback]

so i took off the 'o' and the 'sama dshita'
i still lova ya tongue.gif

but good question indeed, cause we don't have a one word equiv in english to show ur appreciation when someones done well as such

yeah i was wondering bout the 'seriously', lol thought u were gonna say 'thanks' since i was thinking in terms of 'well done for the hard work u put in'

but its all relative content of course wink.gif

@Mystique - That's very nice of you. Thank you, I love ya, too. smile.gif

QUOTE(Hikaru Ookami @ Oct 1 2005, 01:21 PM) [snapback]294874[/snapback]

.....so I'm going to attempt at mIRC. -nod-

Me, too. But first, I have to visit the tutorial. tongue.gif
Full Metal Elf
Is there a place I can get the entire subs. completed? I would like to know what I'm watching, lol wink.gif.
Tombow
@Full Metal Elf - I saw your other posts that you still haven't been able to get the sub.
There are some around, and in my opinion, it's really worth getting it.
Can you do BitTorrent??
Full Metal Elf
QUOTE(Tombow @ Oct 25 2005, 02:38 AM) [snapback]304084[/snapback]

@Full Metal Elf - I saw your other posts that you still haven't been able to get the sub.
There are some around, and in my opinion, it's really worth getting it.
Can you do BitTorrent??

No....I tried te BitTorrent thing, and it just wasn't working for me sad.gif.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.