Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which Character Do You Hate Most?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
Havanese
I'm gonna have to jump on the bandwagon and say Shou Tucker. I certainly don't think he's the evilest or cruelest character in the series, but I think he's the one that's easiest to dislike, and I definitely dislike him.

I really don't know why everyone hates Envy so much, besides because of what he did to Ed and Hughes. Personally, I think Envy is a really cool character, especially in the manga (admittedly, his character isn't as cool in the anime -- well, in my opinion). I guess it's a matter of opinion.

But honestly, I like almost all of the characters in FMA, even the evil ones. I think one of the series' strengths is that most of the characters are likable.
_Rue
Wow, Al is on that list but Edward isn't? o_O

I voted for Winry, as I find her character boring. Was going to vote for Tucker but decided he was too good at being freakishly insane, and I liked it.
Havanese
QUOTE(_Rue @ Nov 11 2007, 09:27 PM) *
Wow, Al is on that list but Edward isn't? o_O

I voted for Winry, as I find her character boring. Was going to vote for Tucker but decided he was too good at being freakishly insane, and I liked it.

Really. I love Ed, but it's unfair that he's not on the list. I mean, Ed has his haters, too (though I've only come across a few genuine ones, and the majority of them have probably been flamed to e-death by rabid Ed-fangirls).
Anyarel
I hate Kimblee the most.
And I don't give a damn about the only-anime characters. tongue.gif
wssarrow
I don't hate any of the characters in this poll, really. Perhaps Rose if I had to choose one. I consider the remainder of them at least slightly likeable. It takes a lot more than being evil for me to dislike a character. tongue.gif
Scar, Rick, and Leo. Those three, I can't stand.
Causmicfire
Kimblee is one of the characters I love to hate. Really, I'd love for his bloody corpse to be added to that bloody crest he's supposed to carve in Briggs.
tammertime
QUOTE(Causmicfire @ Dec 12 2007, 03:58 PM) *
Kimblee is one of the characters I love to hate. Really, I'd love for his bloody corpse to be added to that bloody crest he's supposed to carve in Briggs.

hahaha! I love the way you think!! I can't stang Kimblee either, but for me, Tucker is the worst...
Zalamist
Tucker is absolutely my most hated. He has the most precious treasure a person can have and sacrifices her to save his job - lame.
Havanese
QUOTE(Causmicfire @ Dec 12 2007, 03:58 PM) *

Nice. laugh.gif I don't know why, but I like Kimblee. More so in the manga than the anime, though. I guess it's because he's such a cool villain, and he amuses me so.
sushyisama
Agreed. Kimblee is an awesome villain in the manga. Can't wait to see him die either. It should be AWESOME. ;DDDD
MaiShadowAlchemist
I would have to say Envy and Wrath (But only hate Wrath in the anime in the movie I really like him and what he do is really sweet!!) But I hate him in the anime. I also hate Dante!!! Godammit crazy lady!! And Tucker he is a bastard poor Nina!!! And I would have to say (This is not a fangirl kind of hate...well...ummm..kind of but not completly) I would also say Rose and Noah!!!! Both of them do some crazy and stupid things!!! And Winry *anime vein* I cant help it!!
sadlyXnormal
I'd have to say Roze. I've never been able to stand her. I like her more in the sub, actually, so I guess I just don't like EdRose pairings. They irritate me.

She's just too much of a damsel in distress. It's annoying.
Little Washu
I voted Envy. I can't stand him her it.

Why is Barry the Chopper there? Barry the Chopper is awesome! (Especially in the manga :P)
automailmanic101
I voted for Dante...I hate her! (Sorry!)
Funkyduck
In the anime, Rose. In the manga, Scar. Rose is a weakling, in my opinion. And I don't like that Scar killed Nina.
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Funkyduck @ Mar 10 2008, 10:06 PM) *
In the anime, Rose. Rose is a weakling, in my opinion.

Calling a rape victim a weakling is bad form, old chap. Besides, she's only weak in comparison to a very powerful main cast.
Havanese
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Mar 10 2008, 07:38 PM) *
QUOTE(Funkyduck @ Mar 10 2008, 10:06 PM) *
In the anime, Rose. Rose is a weakling, in my opinion.

Calling a rape victim a weakling is bad form, old chap. Besides, she's only weak in comparison to a very powerful main cast.

I agree. I'm not a big fan of Rose and I don't like what BONES did to her character, but I think Rose handled her situation better than most people would.
Luxuria-Cat
I chose Shou Tucker.

Envy, Al, Barry, Winry, Roze and Scieska are characters I actually love, haha. And I think Dante, Kimblee and Archer are very interesting and well done characters...but what they got, oh man, I thought they deserved so very much. Food for Gluttony, who she used and stole the mind of is such a great end for Dante...Kimblee on his hands and knees coughing up blood or being eaten by Pride and mauled by Heinkel is fabulous...and Archer being gunned down by Riza was totally awesome. Even though that probably wasn't meant to be a moment of awesomeness. But whatever.
Misty- Nala
I must say Al; I've never liked him. He was okay in the earliest episodes of the anime one, being all good and kind but when he started to have a personality of his own, I couldn't tolerate him anymore. It's strange, he is one of the main characters and I hate him. I just never thought he was important enough to focus on. For me, he has always been vague, one of the reasons why it is so easy to remove him from my stories. I wouldn't have mind him staying as an armor, he looked cute like that.

Another one is Hawkeye. If I don't like Al then I just can't stand the sight of that woman. She annoys me to no end. She has been made the Mary Sue: perfect soldier with a dark past. Riza has never been interesting, she was portrayed the one Mustang cared for most. The last chapters of the manga were just hell to me, with her being around all the time. She should have just .... can't say it, it's a spoiler.

Olivia is the other one I hate as much as I hate Riza. Another perfect female soldier but this time it's not a dark past, it's a soft heart. How interesting... Her swords make people afraid... Not enough space to express my hatred.

Then there is Winry though she is more bearable. What I really hate about her is her hitting Edward with a wrench. I know it's just a comic relief (a sick one at that) but really, I always kept expecting Edward to get a brain damage. You know, in the next scene he is throwing up and falls unconscious to the floor.

What more... tongue.gif I can't say I hate Envy, he is funny and all but he killed my favourite character!
KimbleeWorshipper
The amount of votes for Kimblee upsets me... but that's okay.

I totally vote Shou Tucker. He's got to be the scummiest character in the whole series.
Lightning Flame Alchemist
QUOTE (KimbleeWorshipper @ Jan 20 2011, 08:00 AM) *

i actually think kimblee is fine ._. he's an interesting character. evil..... but i like it biggrin.gif

what i really hate are the Homuculus, (part from greed) the one hate he MOST is envy sad.gif HE KILLED HUGHES >:[ and if he didn't stab Ed in the first anime, everyone would be happy >:[

AND I HATE Father(2009) and Dante(2003) the creator of homunculus
rosieechan
Eh, I can't say I really hate any of the main characters. Good or bad, they all have fantastic characterization and I love at least one quality about them.

I liked Kimblee so much better in the manga though (couldn't stand him in the anime DX). At least he had that pimp suit and that toy bomb. He was a funny, sadistic, and interesting character.

The only ones I actually hate are the ones that are meant to be hated, like Shou Tucker (I voted for this guy), the Golden-toothed alchemist (and other inhumane researchers), and General Raven. Those characters...aggravated me to no end. Disgusting.

In the anime, Rose. In the manga, Scar. Rose is a weakling, in my opinion. And I don't like that Scar killed Nina.

How was she a weakling? She was horribly tortured--that doesn't make her any weak. Place yourself in her position. It's not like you can compare her to Ed or something.

...and what would be the outcome of Scar not killing Nina? It was better off if she died--she'd go to a happier place than living as a chimera--that was explained clearly.
xUltimate_Shieldx
The only ones I actually hate are the ones that are meant to be hated, like Shou Tucker (I voted for this guy), the Golden-toothed alchemist (and other inhumane researchers), and General Raven. Those characters...aggravated me to no end. Disgusting.

You know, thinking about all the characters, the golden-tooth doctor was actually pretty bad. I hated him. I hated his views and his attitude on everything.
Lightning Flame Alchemist
the stupid doctor made roy blind sad.gif
rosieechan
QUOTE (xUltimate_Shieldx @ Jan 19 2011, 10:24 PM) *

You know, thinking about all the characters, the golden-tooth doctor was actually pretty bad. I hated him. I hated his views and his attitude on everything.

-nods-
Exactly.
Those are the type that everyone hates--because his views are not morally correct in our point of view. I was so glad when Pride killed him. Go Pride! It's different than hating a villain or hating someone you find annoying. It's when you KNOW they're completely wrong yet they have that certain attitude...I can't quite describe it.

Also, now thinking back--I also dislike that little kid Wrath in the anime. Ugh, was I ever waiting for him to go. dry.gif Probably the only significant character I dislike.
Dark-Winds
My vote's on Shou Tucker. I dunno if you can go much lower than that >.>
KimbleeWorshipper
QUOTE (rosieechan @ Jan 19 2011, 09:20 PM) *
...and what would be the outcome of Scar not killing Nina? It was better off if she died--she'd go to a happier place than living as a chimera--that was explained clearly.

I totally agree. Scar took pity on her. He knew that she was in pain, and that if she were to live, she'd be used as a test subject. Like he said, he "took her to God." I think it was actually a very kind thing for him to do. Sad, yes. But kind.

QUOTE (Lightning Flame Alchemist @ Jan 19 2011, 08:58 PM) *
QUOTE (KimbleeWorshipper @ Jan 20 2011, 08:00 AM) *

i actually think kimblee is fine ._. he's an interesting character. evil..... but i like it biggrin.gif

*FIST BUMP!* xD
xUltimate_Shieldx
QUOTE (rosieechan @ Jan 19 2011, 10:16 PM) *
Also, now thinking back--I also dislike that little kid Wrath in the anime. Ugh, was I ever waiting for him to go. dry.gif Probably the only significant character I dislike.

Oh I totally agree >.> I was so glad when he finally died.
Neurotripsy
Tucker. He's just... urgh.

I'm not too fond of Winry either, but I wouldn't go as far as saying I hate her.
Envy's Lady
Tucker was lame....but there's a certain reason why Roy really bothers me.
PwnedByPineapple
Fullmetal Alchemist is one of those rare things where I don't really hate anybody.

Except for Tucker. God, I hate Tucker. Especially the fact that he lived for so long in the first anime. (Thank goodness for manga!Scar.)

And now that I'm thinking about it, that woman from CoS whose name I can't remember and don't feel like remembering anyway. You know, the crazy one from Earth. She was just so lame. Totally not worthy of being a bad guy in FMA.

But I don't hate anyone else from that list. How can anyone hate Barry the Chopper? He's hilarious.
FullMetalFist
IS this a hate character because of their actions in the series, or more of who we think are weak characters?
I am going to go with Shou Tucker, what he did to his daughter is awful. I mean Kimbley probably killed plenty of children I am sure, it's just Shou Tucker was Nena's father. That really bothers me. I think all of the FMA characters are great, I am probably biased a bit, but hey I am on a FMA thread site. smile.gif
Luxuria-Cat
QUOTE (PwnedByPineapple @ Feb 9 2011, 06:16 PM) *
And now that I'm thinking about it, that woman from CoS whose name I can't remember and don't feel like remembering anyway. You know, the crazy one from Earth. She was just so lame. Totally not worthy of being a bad guy in FMA.

Eckhart? She was such a freak. XD kind of interesting but she was wack.
PwnedByPineapple
QUOTE (Luxuria-Cat @ Feb 12 2011, 11:16 AM) *
QUOTE (PwnedByPineapple @ Feb 9 2011, 06:16 PM) *

Eckhart? She was such a freak. XD kind of interesting but she was wack.

Ah, so that's her name.
/never bothered to learn

Yeah, she was crazy. biggrin.gif But she was also... bleh. I wasn't interested when her scenes came up, like I normally am when it comes to FMA's bad guys. I mean, FMA has great villains, and she's just kind of bland compared to them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.