Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any Wrestling Fans?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Movies, TV Shows, & Other Videos
Pages: 1, 2
hypexzero
I want serious fans, not, "wrestling's fake so I don't watch it.

Anyway, if so, who's you're favorite wrestler?
fullmetal_4eva
Ahhh! Noo! Keep it away! >_<
hypexzero
Why? because it's fake, well, so is most everything else on TV so don't give me that.
fullmetal_4eva
I don't like the idea of sweaty guys throwing each other around. huh.gif
hitokiri
shouldn't this be in video?

also wrestling is really gay now. i mean i like wrestling and all; but ever since the whole roster split it went downhill, FAST. with the exception of seeing a one legged man get practically beat to death with his own prosthetic leg.... in front of his mother.
hypexzero
QUOTE(fullmetal_4eva @ Sep 8 2005, 09:28 PM)
[right][snapback]278905[/snapback][/right]

I don't like the idea of you ruining my topic.

Well, In my opinion, wrestling is going up. Look at it in 2003 compared to now. That hardcore match between Hardy and Edge was awesome. And their having a bullrope match this Friday.

thanks for moving this to the right spot.
Kyros
Well, I watch it sometimes. I haven't watched it since I came to college, but I might tonight. In my opinion a lot of the older storylines were better than a lot of the newer ones, but there are still some okay things going on. A few things I don't like about what's going on right now (I haven't watched in like 2-3 weeks so this might be a little outdated)... I don't like the eddy and rey thing with dominic, that's just stupid. I don't like the way they treat the girls, the competition with them is way too serious...Torrie has been pushing her health limits trying to live up to expectations so she barely missed being the girl fired when Ashley was hired. I don't care much for John Cena, and I think his "rap" is terrible. I don't even like rap, but I would rather listen to some of it over what he has. I don't like that Shawn Michaels lost to Hogan, but that's just because he's a personal favorite. I am waiting for Sting to come back because I think he's signed with WWE now...
fullmetal_4eva
QUOTE(hypexzero @ Sep 9 2005, 01:58 PM)
QUOTE(fullmetal_4eva @ Sep 8 2005, 09:28 PM)
[right][snapback]278905[/snapback][/right]

I don't like the idea of you ruining my topic.

Well, In my opinion, wrestling is going up. Look at it in 2003 compared to now. That hardcore match between Hardy and Edge was awesome. And their having a bullrope match this Friday.

thanks for moving this to the right spot.
[right][snapback]279445[/snapback][/right]

I'm just stating my opinion. sleep.gif And I'm not trying tio ruin your thread, I have every right to state what I like and dislike. So does everyone else and I won't criticize their prefrence.
GS4Life
I love wrestling but some stuff in the WWE is really crappy. Kurt Angle, Paul London, Chris Benoit, Edge, Kane, Undertaker, HBK, Orton, Nunzio, and Hurricane are freakin awsome I love them(not literallly you know what I mean damn it! dry.gif )

However the WWE is really screwing some stuff up. John Cena has been a cornball for like the past 7 months(That's not really his fault either), they could have done something about the whole UPN screwing Hassan thing, but nooooo. They fired tons of great wrestlers for the pointless diva search, not to mention the storylines are crap, they ditched Jericho(NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), and hold back good wrestlers like Booker T, Christian, Steven Richards, etc. Although Heel HBK was awsome(the promo he cut mocking Hogan was one of the funniest things I've ever seen) but they got rid of his heel gimmick so yeah. The only good Divas left in the WWE that are good are Trish and Victoria(Torrie's okay too and I really hope Trish comes back very soon). Did I mention what Ric Flair did to Carlito and Angle is just........ ummm WRONG! When I saw him grab Carlito down there I simply said

AW HELL NO! blink.gif
Kyros
EXACTLY! I like it okay I guess, but they are making a lot of wrong moves. I have never been a huge Jericho fan (even in WCW), but I actually started liking his character recently (he's an awesome performer, can't deny it). Why are they firing him?! Also, I don't like Booker T ever since he came to WWE. In WCW he was awesome! He was the only one to ever beet Goldberg legitimately, and now he does little/nothing at all. I like the concept they have given Orton, but I wish they had him do more, but of course, I haven't watched in a few weeks so I don't know if he's done something or not. I also want RVD to come back, especially after that ECW/WWE event (one night stand?). He said a lot, but they are not having him do anything!
Excel Aishi
WOW! People actually like it! Yeah, i used to be super-super addicted to "WWF" (before it changed to wwe) and watched it every episode. I have just been drifting away from it since.. a couple years back at the end of middle school, although while living in my nan & pop's house i got back into it. The last time i watched it was at Wrestlemania. (sugoi.) Personally i'm an Undertaker fan, and i love how he's brought back his old evil character (way back when he cut his hair and all that i got really angry) .. but, what has been happening with him,? i haven't been watching. And i hate the divas with a passion and don't think they qualify as female wrestlers. They're just strippers who fight each oter.

Oh, and, hypexzero? I have to agree with fullmetal_4eva. Anyone has a right to express their opinion, whether it's positive OR negative. But i DO like the idea of sweaty guys throwing each other around in tight small outfits.... * wink.gif * MUahaha.
Kyros
*faceplants*

Anyway, I used to like WCW back in the day. I remember watching the NWO factions face off against each other, and Sting and Kevin Nash beat everybody! Sting was my favorite wrestler in WCW, and Shawn Michaels has always been my favorite in WWE. I remember when him and Razor Ramon had the ladder match at Summerslam!
hitokiri
QUOTE(Kyros @ Sep 10 2005, 12:47 PM)
*faceplants*

Anyway, I used to like WCW back in the day.  I remember watching the NWO factions face off against each other, and Sting and Kevin Nash beat everybody!  Sting was my favorite wrestler in WCW, and Shawn Michaels has always been my favorite in WWE.  I remember when him and Razor Ramon had the ladder match at Summerslam!
[right][snapback]280098[/snapback][/right]

sting was ok.... until he became born again. i saw this thing with him on some christian channel one night when i came home from the bar all drunk and whatnot. talking about how he loved the lord, in his sting makeup... YOU CAN'T TALK ABOUT HOW YOU LOVE JESUS WHILE DRESSED UP LIKE THE CROW!!!!
Kyros
0.o If he can pull that off then he's even more awesome than I thought! Sting is so cool! I remember once in WCW when he held his scorpion death lock on Bret Hart for like 5 minutes...it was awesome because of their rivalry at the time. It took like 10+ guys to finally pull him off (of course, it's fake to an extent though).
«°~Envy™~°»
QUOTE(GS4Life @ Sep 9 2005, 04:46 PM)
I love wrestling but some stuff in the WWE is really crappy. Kurt Angle, Paul London, Chris Benoit, Edge, Kane, Undertaker, HBK, Orton, Nunzio, and Hurricane are freakin awsome I love them(not literallly you know what I mean damn it!  dry.gif )

However the WWE is really screwing some stuff up. John Cena has been a cornball for like the past 7 months(That's not really his fault either), they could have done something about the whole UPN screwing  Hassan thing, but nooooo. They fired tons of great wrestlers for the pointless diva search, not to mention the storylines are crap, they ditched Jericho(NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!),  and hold back good wrestlers like Booker T, Christian, Steven Richards, etc. Although Heel HBK was awsome(the promo he cut mocking Hogan was one of the funniest things I've ever seen) but they got rid of his heel gimmick so yeah. The only good Divas left in the WWE that are good are Trish and Victoria(Torrie's okay too and I really hope Trish comes back very soon). [right][snapback]279632[/snapback][/right]

AMEN I agree with 90% of that why i say only 90% cause i feel different with some of the wrestlers he stated lol, I don't like Orton alot he's only good as a heel,

My Favorite of all time are

Hogan, Rock, Flair, HBK, Angle, Jericho, Jake The Snake, Kamala, Jimmy "The Superfly" Snuka, Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, Owen Hart, Roddy Piper, George "The Animal" Steele, Christian, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Raven, & The Million Dollar Man

there are a few more but those are at the top of my list Like Carlito, I like only cause they entertain me but have lack of wrestling skills lol and I still watch every episode can't say i'm always not disapointed, WWE has gone way down hopefully when Spike TV ditches WWE for TNA and WWE goes to USA network that will give WWE compotition again

there are some wrestlers i like now like Carlito
hitokiri
you know my only wrestling regret, other than the poor calibur of writing nowadays... bret hart was in a motorcycle accident a while back and can't ever wrestle again...
Kyros
That does suck, but at least he got to accomplish all of the stuff that he did. He was also in one of the biggest rivalries of all time when it ended with Shawn Michaels beating him for the belt in the iron man match... That was an awesome time for wrestling.
«°~Envy™~°»
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Sep 10 2005, 12:47 PM)
you know my only wrestling regret, other than the poor calibur of writing nowadays... bret hart was in a motorcycle accident a while back and can't ever wrestle again...
[right][snapback]280345[/snapback][/right]

yes my prayers were answered ph34r.gif Never liked Bret hart no matter how good he was lol ok maybe i didn't actually pray for him to get hurt just leave wrestling
hitokiri
QUOTE(«°~Envy™~°» @ Sep 10 2005, 05:15 PM)
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Sep 10 2005, 12:47 PM)
[right][snapback]280345[/snapback][/right]

yes my prayers were answered ph34r.gif Never liked Bret hart no matter how good he was lol ok maybe i didn't actually pray for him to get hurt just leave wrestling
[right][snapback]280391[/snapback][/right]

a - don't ever, EVER speak ill of bret hart in my presence ever again
b - but that's the thing he always left in the best way possible... when shawn micheals super kicked him for real, he beat the shit out of vince.. when he left wcw, he wore a metal plate secretly and broke goldberg's collar bone.
«°~Envy™~°»
Bret The Hitscum Hart tongue.gif ok Owen was way better R.I.P.

but I loved when he did that to Goldturd biggrin.gif
GS4Life
I can't believe i missed when they had Gillberg.

As for Bret I've heard all about him. I don't see why he was so mad about the screwjob. I think him never being able to wrestle is a bit more serious(which is partly Goldberg's fault) The whole Matt-Edge-Lita thing would be a bit more serious than the screwjob, and Matt takes it rather well, while Bret was pissed for 7 years come on.

Owen Hart. I haven't seen much of him but his story always gets to me. sad.gif RIP
Kyros
Was the Matt-Edge-Lita thing even real or just for show?... And «°~Envy™~°», don't talk about Bret that way cuz he pwned. You're prolly jealous cuz none of your favorites will ever live up to his legacy or something.
GS4Life
Yeah the Matt-Edge-Lita thing is more or less real. Lita slept with Edge, Matt got pissed posted on his website,Matt got fired for putting his personal life and professional life together, fans got pissed, started chanting you screwed Matt towards Edge and Lita,Matt was rehired for Vince's "buisness decisions", and I thhink everyone knows the story from there.

Mabey I did give Orton a little too muh credit cause he's not all that good, and he did suck as a face. His RKO's are always good on Taker, and I like his Super RKO alot (it's my finisher on Smackdown vs Raw).
Kyros
I don't like the way some of the legendary wrestlers that are still around control the show. There is no way Shawn Michaels should have lost to Hulk Hogan, who only uses a scoop slam, punches, big boot, and the leg drop...wtf?! The only reason HBK lost is cuz Hogan goes to Vince and says if things don't go his way, he won't support the company anymore, what bullshit. He also says that he's not using his name to promote his daughter's success in the music industry...then why are they selling her name as Brooke Hogan?...that's not Hulk Hogan's real last name!
GS4Life
^ Your right except isn't Hulk's real name Terry Hogan?

Just curious, how many fans of DX are out there I absolutely love DX. They were freakin awsome, classic. Along with Austin, Foley, the Rock and Taker, they were what made WWF/E so damn good. Now Trips is a slob and HBK is getting old(I'm not saying he's bad but he'll probably have to retire soon.) There is actually a chance that Sean Waltman aka X Pac will come back, however Billy Gunn and Road are done for in the WWE. I miss Degeneration X they were simply the best.
Kakashi
Wresting isn't as great as it was back in the ninties and the early millenium till 2003.

I WANT STONE COLD!!!!
GS4Life
Well in 2 weeks Austin, Foley, HHH, and Hogan will be on Raw in the "Home Coming"when it moves back to USA I believe. I don't really care for Hogan or HHH, but Austin and Foley is great news(although I knew about their return ahead of time, thanks to wwe.com)
Kyros
QUOTE(GS4Life @ Sep 19 2005, 09:19 PM) [snapback]288977[/snapback]

^ Your right except isn't Hulk's real name Terry Hogan?

Just curious, how many fans of DX are out there I absolutely love DX. They were freakin awsome, classic. Along with Austin, Foley, the Rock and Taker, they were what made WWF/E so damn good. Now Trips is a slob and HBK is getting old(I'm not saying he's bad but he'll probably have to retire soon.) There is actually a chance that Sean Waltman aka X Pac will come back, however Billy Gunn and Road are done for in the WWE. I miss Degeneration X they were simply the best.

Hogan's real name is Terry Gene Bollea...

Anyway, I loved DX, but I liked them better when Michaels ran them cuz he's always been my favorite, but they were pretty cool when they didn't have him when they were a 5 person group (HHH, xpac, road dogg, billy gunn, china). Who do you like better, NWO, NWO wolfpack, or DX?
«°~Envy™~°»
QUOTE(GS4Life @ Sep 19 2005, 07:26 PM) [snapback]289052[/snapback]

Well in 2 weeks Austin, Foley, HHH, and Hogan will be on Raw in the "Home Coming"when it moves back to USA I believe. I don't really care for Hogan or HHH, but Austin and Foley is great news(although I knew about their return ahead of time, thanks to wwe.com)

and i don't care for austin and HHH but foley and Hogan are great news tongue.gif anyways

hopefully now that wwe is having some compitition Vince will start trying better
TheVileOne
Bret's wrestling career was over LONG before the motorcycle accident. You can thank Goldberg for that.

Bret has also recovered from his stroke, recently remarried and seems to be in good spirits again. He's finally got a DVD coming out and it looks like it will be a good one and show him in a positive light...hopefully.

I started watching TNA recently and it helped me stopped being ashamed of being wrestling fan. Something WWE never did recently.
hitokiri
well austin can't wrestle again, he did extensive damage to his neck and knees from, and this is the funny part, the fight with eric bischoff; cause when he got "fired" he was a fatass and didnt' keep training and his body went to hell.

as for the matt-edge-lita thing.. i really don't care, matt hardy was the inferior hardy anyways... its dumb for a wrestler that was only moderately good because he was almost a wihte luchador to put on 70 extra pounds of muscle, so he now he's just a regular weight guy with barely any skills.
GS4LIfe
I just saw the whole Austin Mcmahon segement. biggrin.gif Seems the WWE may get good again. I like Shane, so I was pissed when he was taken down just like that, but it was pretty damn funny. The whole thing was. Edge vs Matt seems good so far, and Angle-HBK was awsome aside from the semi cruddy ending.
Kakashi
LOL Austin stunnering the whole McMahon family was priceless. WOW.... Uh-oh time for Ric Flair&HHH VS Masters and Coolito..BYE BYE

Edit(after match): Holy look at all that ketchup on Ric Flairs face..

JR: BUT WHY HUNTER?!?!? WHY!?!?!?!?!
Kyros
you wanna know why? cuz HHH pwns. him and HBK are my favorites, and I wish Sting would come to WWE but I don't think he will *tear* I hear Flair expected him to so hopefully he will smile.gif
Kakashi's#1 girlfriend
I dislike the way people say wrestling is fake. My favorite wrestler is the rock(I don't know why).
kaizenyorii
KURT ANGLE

MY OLYMPIC HERO
GS4Life
Wow it's been so long since anyones posted here. A lot has happened Edge won the Title then lost it 3 weeks later. Angle was Champ and now Rey Rey is. I really reallly reallly hope DX reunites soon(They were gold the best faction I miss them). We've had tons of tile changes and London and Kendrick may finally get the tag championships(They're both really good and they need titles).And of course there's my sig which is self explanatory sad.gif .
hanzo
Ric Flair... The wrestler who likes to answer the call of nature
I like wrestiling!
Volcanic Alchemist
The rock and triple H
Kyros
I'm pretty sure DX is coming back actually. Monday both Shawn Michaels and HHH did the "suck it" notion, there were DX signs in the crowd, and my bro's friend that has contacts to find out wrestling spoilers said DX is prolly coming back ^^ I don't know if it will be as good as it used to be though since there's no Chyna, Road Dogg, Xpac, or Billy Gun anymore. I'm looking forward to HBK beating the McMahons though, that'll rock ^^
Volcanic Alchemist
Chyna is wasted now man. Have you seen the sereal life?
Kyros
Yeah I was like wtf O.o Plus Xpac is in his 50s now so I doubt to see him again *shrugs* I don't see the big deal about Chavo going emo, and I don't get why they randomly have Kane get angry when they don't know what to do with his storyline >.>
GS4Life
Emo Chavo is just playing stupid and they are bringing Eddie's death back into a crappy storyline which is just what they did with pre Wretlemania 22 Rey and it's just wrong. As for Kane he is just um yeah it's what happens whens Stephanie McMahon is the head writer. Though if DX comes back I'll be one happy camper DX was the Best there was and the best there ever will be now I only need to get the best there is part in there to complete Bret Hart's quote.

The only thing weirder than May 19th or the Boogeyman is well ummm Vince vs God wth is up with that? McMahonism gave me a good laugh but it's still just blink.gif . I hope Edge wins at the Triple Threat match but I'm very doubtful about that happening.
Anyways I wish that HHH would use the "King of Kings" theme song all the time now, I like that better than the overuesd theme "The Game" (It's not really a Triple H classic and how long has he had it now?)

Packy
I like wrestling. I went to one of the shows on the 9th and I was at ringside happy.gif My favorite wrestlers would probably have to be Batista, Rey Mysterio, Scotty 2 Hotty, Eddie Guerrero, and John Cena; pity that Eddie died though...
GS4Life
Woot I'm so glad Edge is Champ as well as Booker. Two wrestlers who have worked their butt off and put on high quality matches throughout their careers. Edge's childhood dream was to win the title, and last year I would've never thought that he would be a two time champion, go Adam! I hope his reign last till atleast Suviour Series.

On a much more sour note I tend to agree with that promo Chavo cut on Smackdown last week. I think we could call that a shoot more so than a promo. Props to Carlito as well, he's really cool.
Kyros
Don't forget about Orton *Orton poses* He's totally awesome ^^ That was the biggest crap ever last night though when the ref gave Flair the match over Orton because Orton kept hitting him after the match. That happens all the time and I've never seen the ref change the decision like that in the past 12 years I've been watching >.>
Smoke Alchemist
QUOTE(Kyros @ Aug 22 2006, 11:31 AM) [snapback]435732[/snapback]

Don't forget about Orton *Orton poses* He's totally awesome ^^ That was the biggest crap ever last night though when the ref gave Flair the match over Orton because Orton kept hitting him after the match. That happens all the time and I've never seen the ref change the decision like that in the past 12 years I've been watching >.>

That fills me with Joy honey...LMAO! WWWOOOOOOOO!!!!

I felt Orton went overboard...Thats just my opinion.
Kyros
Oh cmon you know that was a bunch of bs Jules >:[ That kinda stuff happens all the time and the decision's never changed, even if the wrestler hits the ref! RAR GAYTARDED!!!
Smoke Alchemist
QUOTE(Kyros @ Aug 23 2006, 07:08 PM) [snapback]436380[/snapback]

Oh cmon you know that was a bunch of bs Jules >:[ That kinda stuff happens all the time and the decision's never changed, even if the wrestler hits the ref! RAR GAYTARDED!!!

Well I have no idea why he went ApeS*it like that...but flare was sort of just laying there...Orton did not need to take his frustrations out on him cause he didnt win the match at summer slam thanks to Hogans foot LMAO! cool.gif
RizaXRoy
I'm huge fan of Hardy Boys and Lita...but they are split up!..So sad..sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.