Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fma Movie Thoughts
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
lialiakicks
FMA Movie Spoilers liek woh!
If you haven't seen the RAW or the movie in theatres, run away...NOW!!!

So... What did you guys and gals think of the movie? O_O *just finished watching it herself* I was like WOAH. Dammit, I luv Heiderich! Why did he have to die?! WHY?!?! *sobs in a corner*

Anyways, this topic is you you to rant/rave/worship/etc the FMA Movie!

Have fun! ^^;
Oinchinjey
Iv seen at two time, the only thing that disturb me is Gluttony. He look more ugly then the old one O.O.
Pamster
OMG Gluttony was freakish and just insane! Thinking of that makes me wanna just avert my eyes!~ I saw only a little bit since the download died on me, I hope to get it again in full soon to see it all. Would really love to know what they were saying so I might just wait for the subbed version to come out before getting it again. I saw enough to mkae me grin from ear to ear though. biggrin.gif
foolmetal alchemist
This is just my opinion, but don't you think this could be said in many of the other threads on the movie....? happy.gif
Pamster
I didn't realize I was posting something off topic But maybe I should go edit it. wink.gif
lialiakicks
Well, the "FMA Movie RAW" topic is SPOILER-FREE, so this topic was created for peeps that wanted to talk about spoilers and stuff. ^^;

And yes, Gluttony was ugly. O_O
edochick
OMFG!!!!! I just finished. Everything was so sad TT__TT er....except Gluttony...I think I might have nighmares. And Hoho-papa TT__TT I never thought humans had that much blood O_O

TT__TT And Aru-kun!! Why'd he have to die TT__TT Oh well at least Edo and Aru are back together again. That's what matters. And...was I imagining this or was Hitler in there o_O
QUOTE(Asahi News)
Interview with Arakawa on the movie

Source - http://www.asahi.com/culture/theater/TKY200507250335.html

Based off the manga [Fullmetal Alchemist], which has two brother alchemists fighting to regain the bodies which they have lost, the movie continuing the anime opened across the entire nation. The hit TV anime of 2003-2004, with sales of the 11th volume of the manga hitting 17 million copies. With her tale centering around the taboo of manipulation of life, the franchise's original author's tale can be said as [having experiences founded on being from a family of dairy farmers, seeing first-hand the delivering the births of living creatures, as well as their deaths].

The stage is on a world where alchemy is flourishing. The protaganists are Ed, the "Fullmetal Alchemist" whose right arm and left leg has been replaced with Automail, and his brother, Al, whose soul resides in an empty suit of armor.

The subject of alchemy comes from [won't it be interesting if you can make anything from the walls and ground]. Ed changing his prosthetic arm into a blade, Colonel Mustang manipulating flames, these are the attractive activities of the many various alchemists.

The brothers lost their organic bodies due to daring to resurrect their dead mother, a forbidden act known as [Human Transmutation]. Needing to find the Philosopher's Stone to restore their bodies to original, the two witness tragedies arising from sinister acts of manipulation of life, such as chimeras made by mixing humans and animals, and the Homunculi.

[Life and death are ever close since childhood. Dairy farming involves birthing and killing (of cows and goats) by human labor. Before I became a mangaka and was still in dairy farming, cow cloning research was just at its peak. However without knowing any reason, it (the cloned cow) dies early. Is there a "why" there? That kind of thinking became the foundation of my thoughts.]

During the animisation of the manga, it was an order from the firm [that it will have a unique conclusion different from the manga]. At the finale of the televised series, Al got his body back at the price of Ed being thrown into the "strange world". That is the Germany before the rise of the Nazis. The movie is about Ed and Al being embroiled in a scheme to tie those two worlds together with alchemy.

[The movie's depiction of movements is much better than the television. The mechanisms at the start, and the stretching and contraction of Gluttony (one of the Homunculi) in the middle, show off good animation. I wish to integrate that kind of movements into the manga as well.]

Due to the skillful drawing of the armor and machines, as well as her pen-name, she has been mistaken for a male author a lot of times. She laughed, [I wanted to draw a manga of the Romance of Three Kingdoms which I liked. Drawing out armors is not much different from that experience. About the machines, well, I had used dairy machinery in everyday life.]

Coming from Hokkaido, this is her first serialisation. It being published in Square Enix's Teens Gangan Monthly can be said to be her turning point in life.

[At the same time that I was surprised for last part of the anime and the movie, I was comparing my own ending to it.] The movie which was continuing the television's anime, had an ending which took its fans by surprise as well.

What about the manga then? [The manga's ending has already been decided when its serialisation started. I wish to draw it out and show it quickly. Please look forward to it.]

So the only thing worth commenting about the movie by the original author (manga) was the animation and the surprise ending. Looks like nothing is worth commenting about the story or characters (wasn't she asking about what happened to the characters in a pre-movie interview?!). At least, she really liked the animation.
MasterKris
I know many of you don't really enjoy the ending, but for me....
IT WAS HEARTWARMING SENSATION!!!!!!!!!!
I ALMOST CRIED!!!!!!!!
FOR ME IT WAS SOOOOOOOOO SAD!!!!!!!! I FEEL SO TOUCHED!! WHAAAA!!(cries) Well... at least Ed and Al are back together. I laughed when I saw alter Scar and Lust together! laugh.gif Al popping out of the armor surprised me quite a bit.. for some reason, HE'S SO KAWAII IN THE MOVIE~ It's so sad that Al Heiderich died.. sad.gif I was shocked.. Roy doesn't get that much of the spotlight in the movie.. BUT IT WAS SO GREAT WHEN HE MADE A GRAND ENTRANCE AND COMMANDED EVERY ONE!! Riza didn't appear that much either.. is it me, or does it seemed that... ED IS TALLER THAN WINRY?????? I kinda felt sorry for Winry at the end, she missed Ed and now Al is gone too.. Wrath becomes a good boy now, awwwww~ but it's so sad that Izumi died... WHY?? I was like, "WHA??" Even though it was raw, with the help of the summary I understand it fully! smile.gif But since some of the summary doesn't mention some parts, I'm gonna redownload the subtitled verision. I really want to see what happens at the beginning.. alter Bradly makes a grand appearance. I kinda find him annoying everytime he appears... Envy doesn't seem to be involved in the story much from what I expected. Noah, ah, she's suchhhhh a $%#&!@*. I hate her, so much! When Ed, Al, and Roy where climing up the brick bridge thingy, I think Ed insulted Roy and Al appologized for it! biggrin.gif so cute~! THIS MOVIE CAPTURED MY HEART!!
But I do feel sad now... sad.gif
Now that I watched the movie, no point for me to watch the anime again... the FMA anime is now truely over... it makes me feel so sad... unsure.gif

THIS MOVIE WAS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Satsuka
You know Masterkis,there's always the manga. happy.gif
MasterKris
But still, the anime offically ended...

Also, the part where Al transmutes that HUGE well. When I was watching that part, I thought, 'hey~ Al is smarter than Ed...' Since Ed struggled with the heat at that time, but Al is smart~
Satsuka
Yeah,I know the anime offically ended. *sniffs* Why can't FMA go on forever like Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh!
MasterKris
Yeah,I know the anime offically ended. *sniffs* Why can't FMA go on forever like Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh!

But then it might get boring like the shows. The FMA anime HAD to end here... at least Ed and Al are together!
edochick
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Sep 7 2005, 09:04 PM)
I know many of you don't really enjoy the ending, but for me....
IT WAS HEARTWARMING SENSATION!!!!!!!!!!
I ALMOST CRIED!!!!!!!!
FOR ME IT WAS SOOOOOOOOO SAD!!!!!!!! I FEEL SO TOUCHED!! WHAAAA!!(cries) Well... at least Ed and Al are back together. I laughed when I saw alter Scar and Lust together! laugh.gif  Al popping out of the armor surprised me quite a bit.. for some reason, HE'S SO KAWAII IN THE MOVIE~ It's so sad that Al Heiderich died.. sad.gif  I was shocked.. Roy doesn't get that much of the spotlight in the movie.. BUT IT WAS SO GREAT WHEN HE MADE A GRAND ENTRANCE AND COMMANDED EVERY ONE!! Riza didn't appear that much either.. is it me, or does it seemed that... ED IS TALLER THAN WINRY?????? I kinda felt sorry for Winry at the end, she missed Ed and now Al is gone too.. Wrath becomes a good boy now, awwwww~ but it's so sad that Izumi died... WHY?? I was like, "WHA??" Even though it was raw, with the help of the summary I understand it fully! smile.gif But since some of the summary doesn't mention some parts, I'm gonna redownload the subtitled verision. I really want to see what happens at the beginning.. alter Bradly makes a grand appearance. I kinda find him annoying everytime he appears... Envy doesn't seem to be involved in the story much from what I expected. Noah, ah, she's suchhhhh a $%#&!@*. I hate her, so much! When Ed, Al, and Roy where climing up the brick bridge thingy, I think Ed insulted Roy and Al appologized for it! biggrin.gif  so cute~! THIS MOVIE CAPTURED MY HEART!!
But I do feel sad now... sad.gif
Now that I watched the movie, no point for me to watch the anime again... the FMA anime is now truely over... it makes me feel so sad... unsure.gif

THIS MOVIE WAS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[right][snapback]277831[/snapback][/right]

YES I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!! I almost cried at some parts, sure, but the movie was the BEST!!! laugh.gif I don't really understand why people are saying the ending was bad. For me, it was really the best way they could have gone. I mean...a "happy happy" ending is just....well not FMA-ish. TT__TT I'm just sad that Aru-kun had to die.
Jellybean
laugh.gif I was getting less excited about the movie since I've been waiting so long, but MasterKris's rant got me all hyped up to see it again. (Haven't seen all of it yet.) Wheeee!Sounds so good!!! And I agree, I love the ending. People need to quit whining about it just because it doesn't leave room for sequels.
BackdoorBeauty
I just finished the movie, and all i can say is...

POOR WINRY!
Haruneko_Pichu
I KNOW! ;.; POOR WINRY! AND WHY DIDn'T ED HUG AL?! WHY DD AL HAVE TO GET A HAIRCUT?! He is so UBER Kawaii. ;.;

And what was Ed saying to Al when Al was in the suit of armor the first time and kicked his helmet off?
lialiakicks
Yeah, I was wandering why Al cut his hair all of a sudden. O_O Guess it's because he doesn't need to impersonate Edo anymore...

And, dammit, the part where Heiderich died was SO. SAD. The last person he saw was Edward fly into the portal, and he was STILL LOOKING at him when he got shot too. ;____; The funeral got me. Tears welled up in my eyes and everything. (I didn't actually cry until 2 hours later though. O_O)

And, dude, Noad wasn't THAT BAD. I mean, it seems that all of the peeps who saw the movie in Japan HATED Noah. I fell for the poor girl. Practically EVERYONE hated her! ;___;(You have to remember that BOTH Gypses and Jews were being discrimated at that time.) Her life sucked SO MUCH. So, yeah, of course she was gonna do anything to get to the other side of the Gate. And it's not like she truely betrayed Ed or anything. She screamed when Ed was shot remember? >_> Gah, I just don't like all of the Noah hate going around.

Who doesn't mind Noah besides me? ;____;
Reika
I didn't like the movie, for me, better if it wasn't done, but that's just my opinion (so don't kill me!! XDDDD). The characters development was strange and some OOC (Riza for example, and Roy at the beginning), the fact that after two years they decide that their wolrd is London bothers me XD I find it quite unbelievable. also, the main plot that was to restore themselfs has been forgotten, the door understands by equivalent exchange or sacrifice in order to get something the way it wants, and Hitler was named Fuhrer and president of the Nazi party in 1920-21 not in 1923 (movie, I didn't understand this part quite well, though) etc etc etc etc etc and a big etc XD

And I Agree with arakawa: I like the animation, it's better than the anime. And the ending is surprising.
Otoki Tomoe
QUOTE(lialiakicks @ Sep 8 2005, 12:07 PM)
[right][snapback]278201[/snapback][/right]

*raises her hand* I didn’t hate Noah. I couldn't understand everything that was going on (my Japanese is probably less than kindergarten level), but I think I caught enough to realize that she had a rather tough life. By the way, was she in love with Alphonse H. or was I just imagining that? Yeah, I know she had that little psuedo ‘cuddly’ scene in Ed’s bedroom while he slept… wtf was that all about?

Wrath actually grew on me. In the series, I hated that whiny little brat. But he seemed to be a much more loveable character in the movie. And when he and Izumi got together I burst into tears. A long time ago, I lost a child too… So yeah, that scene was a little intense. It was touching to finally see mother and child together as they should have been.

Anyway, enough depressing stuff. Armstrong: He makes me laugh just about every time he’s on screen. And is he with Roze now? Man, that’s the last couple I’d have put together! O.o

Gluttony: Two words: Damn freaky. The fight between him and Wrath was a good one, though. I couldn’t really understand why Alu just stood there and watched though. Despite that, he was pretty uber! *clap* A ginormous well appears in the desert. *clap* A group of armor suits are now loyal minions. I loved that a part of him was still in the Al armor when it went back to Germany and I loved how the two of them seemed to immediately fall back into their usual banter. I wish I could have understood what they were saying (and why Ed kicked Al’s head off).

I really enjoyed the ending. I wanted the Elric brothers to be together and if they’re together in this world, that’s fine with me. They were nearly inseparable in the series so it’s only fitting that they remain so in the movie (Alu suddenly popping out of his armor was so sweet! I loved that part). And I had to chuckle at their reaction to Scar and Lust!

Now I can’t wait for the sub so I can catch all the things I missed. happy.gif

Mystique
QUOTE(lialiakicks @ Sep 9 2005, 04:07 AM)
And, dude, Noad wasn't THAT BAD. I mean, it seems that all of the peeps who saw the movie in Japan HATED Noah. I fell for the poor girl. Practically EVERYONE hated her! ;___;(You have to remember that BOTH Gypses and Jews were being discrimated at that time.) Her life sucked SO MUCH. So, yeah, of course she was gonna do anything to get to the other side of the Gate. And it's not like she truely betrayed Ed or anything. She screamed when Ed was shot remember? >_> Gah, I just don't like all of the Noah hate going around.

[right][snapback]278201[/snapback][/right]

i don't, never have.
and i don't understand everyones reason except a lot of pple are winxed fans tongue.gif

i actually love her role in the movie, okay so she wasn't as powerful as i thought, nor did she do anything too specific but yes,
she represents to us (and to Ed) the petty hatred, racism, discrimination that the real world (aka all of us) live and deal and inflict on others. all she wanted was to go home and thinking that alchemy world was her own is why she kinda betrayed Ed later in the movie and assisted the woman.
But she adds flavour in a way i've never seen a anime do, didn't u guys think it all too familiar, with Ed being in our world, what with his driving (badly, lol) and drinking a popular real life scotch, and then all the WW2 history inc and to think, that cause the scientist at the beginning escaped them by performing human transmutation, he went to germany and was the cause of developing the A bomb, lol.
amusing, but a lil scary for them to mix with history like that

nonetheless, 3rd time seeing it, i loved it, was teary and truely touched when Rose dances, (the requium is so symbolic, i'm teary just remembering) i love the music and the disney part (when they all burst into song, lol)
it's another culture/flavour so uncommon in the anime world, FMA, i love you to bits! user posted image

ps: glad u guys seem to like it, although to be honest i did like it better 2nd time around, first time i was kinda upset at the annoying loose ends they left.

edit:
oh why ed kicked Al's head off, *laughs* (if this is the part i remember right)
sycia translated that in her summery, read it.
but since a few asked, when Al appears in the armour (i don't have the raw to directly tl for you)
but he says something like
'you're still the same height'
Ed then screams and says he's grown a lil bit, before they get shot at and then make their lil escape (i love that part so so so so much!) laugh.gif
lialiakicks
Otoki Tomoe: Did I ever tell you that I luv you? Cuz I do!!! ^^

Yeah, the whole Gluttony vs. Wrath fight was..odd. O_O But at lease Wrath and Izumi are together. I thought Wrath was adorable in the movie (he became annoying in the anime). And damn, that sucks about the losing your child thing. ;___; *hands you tissues* I wanted to burst into tears at the end of the movie. Ed and Al are together, and the pic that they showed at the end made me remember all of the crap they had to go thruough just to be together again. But, what sucks liek woh is the fact that THERE WILL BE NO MORE FMA!!! I mean, there's NO WAY with how the movie ended. (Well, unless if they TOTALLY redo the anime and base it off the manga, like I suggested before.) But, yeah. No more FMA. Poo... I've watched hundreds of animes, and the only 2 I've become obsessed with was FMA and Furuba. ;___; And they're both finished!!! (Well, not the mangas though.) Gah. This sucks nasty. >_>

Er, back on topic... Heiderich. Why.did.he.have.to.die??? I wanted Heiderich,Ed,and Al to be traveling together at the end. I have to admit that I was surprised that Noah is tagging along. Then again, she could be a BIG HELP to them. she's physic afterall. And, HELL NO, Noah didn't love Heiderich. She couldn't have. *cough*BecauseIdo*cough* ^^ Crap, I love Hei-chan to DEATH!!! (No pun intended.)

And why the hell did he cut the movie off when the credits started? (Scarred of being caught I guess?) The End Credits gives me a time to cry, and stuff. So I just listened to Lost Heaven from my computer. (Saved it a while back, ya know!)

Er...Yeah. Damn, this post is long. O_O
Mystique
they could easily continue, they said they have to do something about the man escasped when they were on the island, cause i beleive he was the base for creating the A bomb.
but personally i hope they leave it! tongue.gif
Otoki Tomoe
QUOTE(lialiakicks @ Sep 8 2005, 02:43 PM)
Otoki Tomoe: Did I ever tell you that I luv you? Cuz I do!!! ^^
[right][snapback]278300[/snapback][/right]

Awww! *melts* I luv you too! happy.gif And don't worry, that situation was a long time ago. It's just that the scene with Wrath and Izumi really touched me. I'm actually glad it was included in the movie. It made me cry, but smile too.

*cries with you* Yeah, the series is over, but we still have the manga! I felt a little jump in my gut when I read the interview-thing with Arakawa-sensei and she said she was surprised at the ending. That makes me seriously wonder about the manga's ending! O_o *hopes it's a happy one*
MasterKris
I kinda like Wrath a little bit more now after I watched the movie. BUT WHY DID IZUMI HAVE TO DIE????????????///!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This movie made me luv Al EVEN MORE THAN I HAVE NEVER BEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's just soooooooooo kawaii in the movie~! And yes, I think he shouldn't have cut his hair.

the only thing I kinda feel empty about his movie is that... I FEEL SOOOO SORRY FOR WINRY! sad.gif It seems so sad... at least they could have done something about her...

*raises her hand* I didn’t hate Noah. I couldn't understand everything that was going on (my Japanese is probably less than kindergarten level), but I think I caught enough to realize that she had a rather tough life. By the way, was she in love with Alphonse H. or was I just imagining that? Yeah, I know she had that little psuedo ‘cuddly’ scene in Ed’s bedroom while he slept… wtf was that all about?

That little 'cuddly' scene ur talking about, Noah did that so she can see Ed's world through his mind. Also to see the different kind of alchemy circles.

nonetheless, 3rd time seeing it, i loved it, was teary and truely touched when Rose dances, (the requium is so symbolic, i'm teary just remembering) i love the music and the disney part (when they all burst into song, lol)
it's another culture/flavour so uncommon in the anime world, FMA, i love you to bits!

Rose dances?? huh.gif r u talking about Noah instead?

edit:
oh why ed kicked Al's head off, *laughs* (if this is the part i remember right)
sycia translated that in her summery, read it.
but since a few asked, when Al appears in the armour (i don't have the raw to directly tl for you)
but he says something like
'you're still the same height'
Ed then screams and says he's grown a lil bit, before they get shot at and then make their lil escape (i love that part so so so so much!)

YAY! thanx for the translation! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

One more thing about that Al cutting off his hair thing. It makes him look so mature... I DON'T LIKE IT!! ME WANT KAWAII AL!!
Kimi-N-Ed
yea I watched the movie too and it was so cool, funny and sad:( Like when Al H. died I cry at that and the funeral too but I think that that was a nice funeral for him don't yall think so?

Ok I have a question. In the part of the movie in the begining when ED and Al are in the boat trying not to sink. can anyone tell me what they were sayin because I thought that part was really funnny. laugh.gif so can anyone tell pretty please? sad.gif

Oh well can anyone also tell me what Ed and Al were saying in the part after armor Al and Ed escape from that place and when they were talkin in the park or whatever n Al only stayed there and talk until the armor cut off. sad.gif

And if anyone understad that can you please tell me pretty please? sad.gif
Pamster
Haven't seen but part one, but I would love to know what you think of the second half compared to the first half? I saw the first one today. smile.gif
Kakashi
Good movie. smile.gif I'm just dying to know why Gluttony is huge and white and freaky and a whole lot of other things. I NEED FANSUBS~_~_~_~
Pamster
QUOTE(Kakashi @ Sep 8 2005, 10:11 PM)
Good movie.  smile.gif I'm just dying to know why Gluttony is huge and white and freaky and a whole lot of other things. I NEED FANSUBS~_~_~_~
[right][snapback]278751[/snapback][/right]

I was thinking the same thing. smile.gif I wonder why it worked? The thing with Al using Wrath and gluttony to activate that array. *blinks, thinking more forwardly this time* I was touched by the reunion scene, you can be sure they'll edit that somehow, That's my line of thought on the possible of the dub form of this raw. I just see such awesome potential here I'd buy it on DVD when it's out. You bet I would with Vic voicing Ed, & the other talented VA's. cool.gif
Kakashi
I just thought of something, what happened to Dante ? I know it's a 90% chance she was eaten but I'm guessing she's the cause for the new Gluttony.
Pamster
That makes sense Kakashi. Like whatever her last transmutation on him was left him in that state? I think also he ate so much that his red stones fell out when he started expanding in his fight with wrath. It was a freakish scene so shocking seeing what he'd become. I wish I had all of part two to be able to see Al and Edward reunite in Amestris. smile.gif It cuts off right when they are about to meet up after the big fourway gate opened up. Very interesting movie that is for sure. biggrin.gif
Dusha
As for what happened to Dante, I think we can safely assume that Gluttony got to her soon after episode 51. Her alter ego gets a cameo, but that's about all we get to see of her.

I too was puzzled by Al's passivity during the Gluttony/Wrath fight. Maybe he was just stunned, or remembering his past (I really have no idea when this happens in the movie, but I am assuming that it might have happened when Wrath sees the gate and Izumi). Considering it looked like he was having a blast fighting the armors in Lior, I would have expected him to jump right into the fight with Gluttony. Barring that idea, I would think his personality would make him unable, in good conscience, to leave Wrath to fight by himself. Ah well, I guess explanations will come with (a) translation and/or (cool.gif fanfics.

Though, like everyone else, I was sorry to see some outstanding characters die, I thought it was very much so in the spirit of the series. Especially with Izumi, who we knew was dying already, it was only natural for her to pass away. Death is as natural as life, or so FMA tells us, and very fragile. Alphonse's death also had an air of tragic nobility around it, so if he had to go, I'm glad he did that way.

I suppose we'll never know, but I like the ending of the film, since it leaves open the question of Ed and Al's future. I can only imagine what they would do during WWII. That too, I'm sure, can be addressed in fanfic, but it's fun to imagine them in the French Resistance (at least in my head) without having the movie to contradict it.

I'm sure any of us could prattle on about the merits of this movie forever (no one has touched on the subject of Hughes yet, which surprises me), but I'll clam up now.
MasterKris
Haven't seen but part one, but I would love to know what you think of the second half compared to the first half? I saw the first one today
I thought the second part was better. smile.gif

The last 20 minuets of the movie was the best part, IT WAS SO TOUCHING!

I was thinking the same thing.  I wonder why it worked? The thing with Al using Wrath and gluttony to activate that array. *blinks, thinking more forwardly this time* I was touched by the reunion scene, you can be sure they'll edit that somehow, That's my line of thought on the possible of the dub form of this raw. I just see such awesome potential here I'd buy it on DVD when it's out. You bet I would with Vic voicing Ed, & the other talented VA's

You need to sacrifice something to open the Gate. So Al used Wrath and Gluttony, and Ed had to use Hohenheim.

That makes sense Kakashi. Like whatever her last transmutation on him was left him in that state? I think also he ate so much that his red stones fell out when he started expanding in his fight with wrath. It was a freakish scene so shocking seeing what he'd become. I wish I had all of part two to be able to see Al and Edward reunite in Amestris.  It cuts off right when they are about to meet up after the big fourway gate opened up. Very interesting movie that is for sure.

The reunite of Ed and Al in Amestris won't be that so brotherly. It's a Edwin reunite thing. AL IS SOOOOOOOOOO KAWAII!!!!!!

As for Dante and Gluttony, I think it went like this.
We see the last of those two in the elevator, Dante clapping to perform a transmution, and Gluttony heading straight for Dante. I think that Dante try to do alchemy on Gluttony but because of the red stones in Gluttony's body, it caused a rebound. Either it went like this. Dante died from the rebound and Gluttony became the frekish monster. Or, Dante got injured from the rebound and Gluttony the scary monster ate her.

I'm sure everyone was touched in their hearts by the scene were Al wakes up from his soul armor state and then he begins to cry. SOOOOOO KAWAII!!!!! wub.gif wub.gif
Blitz
When I saw Mustang I was like "What the hell did BONES do to him?" He was all depressed looking! I can't belive they made him use a match to light Havoc's cig!
Also, I didn't know that Envy in his dragon form could talk. That was just weird.
Gahh, downloading the second part at the moment and seeding the first.
FullMetal_Stella
The Movie was great! I enjoyed it very much while watching^^ But I don't like how it ends.... -__-;;; I'd prefer a happy ending in the Hagaren World..... Ed's dad sacrificed his life so that Ed could return to the Hagaren World, and then Ed ends up staying in our world .__.
MasterKris
The Movie was great! I enjoyed it very much while watching^^ But I don't like how it ends.... -__-;;; I'd prefer a happy ending in the Hagaren World..... Ed's dad sacrificed his life so that Ed could return to the Hagaren World, and then Ed ends up staying in our world .__.

That's what every person wants it to end. But that will be a too happy happy ending... not FMA style...
Blitz
True, true.
TheVileOne
I can't think of a better way to end the FMA saga.

All you guys wanting happy endings and Ed and Winry getting together to have alchemy/automail hybrid babies, that's just NOT Fullmetal Alchemist. Ed's not a selfish person anymore, he's not just thinking about what he wants anymore. He put what he thought to be a greater good above what he wants.

Everyone was clamoring for him to be reunited with Al, and now they are. We know that they are in a world that's about to be torn apart...but they've been there before. Its like Armstrong says, "Those brothers are strong," and I think in the end they will endure.
lialiakicks
TheVileOne: LOL. The thought of EdxWin hybrid babies made me laugh!!! ^^;

But, yeah, I wasn't really expecting a happy ending. Come to think of it, none of Studio BONES animes really have happy endings. Cowboy Bebop's ending was unexpected and angsty, Wolf's Rain's ending was angst like woah, RahXephon's ending was unique...?, Scrapped Princess' ending was kinda sad (from what I've heard), and now we have the yay for brotherly luv (but there are various unanswered questions) FMA ending... Yeah... O_O;

Oh well. I still love the movie anyway! I wander what Studio BONES' next anime hit will be...? *wonders*
Oinchinjey
Even if it a happy ending or a sad ending, as long the brother is united it, it will be fine for me ^^.
TheVileOne
QUOTE(lialiakicks @ Sep 10 2005, 02:13 AM)
TheVileOne: LOL. The thought of EdxWin hybrid babies made me laugh!!! ^^;

But, yeah, I wasn't really expecting a happy ending. Come to think of it, none of Studio BONES animes really have happy endings. Cowboy Bebop's ending was unexpected and angsty, Wolf's Rain's ending was angst like woah, RahXephon's ending was unique...?, Scrapped Princess' ending was kinda sad (from what I've heard), and now we have the yay for brotherly luv (but there are various unanswered questions) FMA ending... Yeah... O_O;

Oh well. I still love the movie anyway! I wander what Studio BONES' next anime hit will be...? *wonders*
[right][snapback]279712[/snapback][/right]

Scrapped Princess did NOT have a sad ending.

Fullmetal Alchemist isn't a sad ending either. Its a bittersweet one, but its also upbeat and optimistic. And that's why I like a lot of anime, it will take chances where the people who produce Hollywood garbage and trash will not.
edochick
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Sep 9 2005, 08:29 PM)
Scrapped Princess did NOT have a sad ending.

Fullmetal Alchemist isn't a sad ending either.  Its a bittersweet one, but its also upbeat and optimistic.  And that's why I like a lot of anime, it will take chances where the people who produce Hollywood garbage and trash will not.
[right][snapback]279722[/snapback][/right]

yes I most definitely agree. I wouldn't really say it's "sad," just bittersweet like you said.

In the end it also kind of counter attacks what the series seemed to lead to. That equivalent exchange really wasn't...well I wouldn't say "wasn't real" but that it had no value I guess ^^; Ed and Al, in the end, got to be together once more, but at a price, they couldn't stay with Winry and everyone else. Personally, I think this ending was absolutely perfect. After watching it a few more times I'm completely satisfied.
lialiakicks
Well, I didn't see Scrapped Princess. I'm just repeating what I heard. (Guess I heard wrong. >_>)

Anyways, I'm happy with the ending, don't get me wrong, i LOVE THE MOVIE LIKE A BABY!!! But, I still thought about it as kinda depressing. I mean, Amestris seemed to be in a crappy state, what happened between Roy and his crew?, Winry has to get used to never seeing the Elrics again, poor Heiderich will NEVER get to live with Ed ever again, and what trials will become of the Elrics (and Noah) as they try to live in a pre-WWII society?

I dunno. I guess anything that reminds me of WWII, gets me in an angsty mood. ;___; *gives the Elrics luv*

And poor Heiderich! Parallel egos should be able to meet each other! I mean, Ed possessed his alter! So why couldn't Heiderich lived and meet Al? >_> Poo.
TheVileOne
Ed never met his alter either. And just like Ed's alter, Al's died. So good riddance tongue.gif .
AA battery
The movie was OK. Not as good as expected... but I did like the endings (except for the fact that Al cut his hair :_: he looked so cute with long hair too...)

What this movie does lack is character development.
FullMetal_Stella
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Sep 9 2005, 11:00 PM)

That's what every person wants it to end. But that will be a too happy happy ending... not FMA style...
[right][snapback]279447[/snapback][/right]

I just meant that Hohenheim *almost* sacrificed himself for nothing... But thinking about it, he didn't... Ed DID meet his brother and Winry again^.^

But I don't like Al's new hair style... long hair suited him better XD
KXELA
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Sep 9 2005, 10:14 PM)
Ed never met his alter either.  And just like Ed's alter, Al's died.  So good riddance tongue.gif .
[right][snapback]279903[/snapback][/right]

What? Ed did met his alter... or more correctly he "became" his alter during the series when he first past through the gate. Then he died (or his alter died) and Ed was sent back to his world. But I guess since you said "just like Ed's alter" you knew that already (then what was that question for!?)

Anyways, I watched it today
Such a goood movie T T glad it left me satisfied in the end.

I think the most significant part was at the end when Al's memories came back. Then I asked myself, why? Well my crazy theory is that probably when Al (back when he was the armor/philosophers stone) used himself to revive Ed, he was sent to the other side of the gate, probably his soul (? or is saying memories more accurate) and the armor now separated. When Al went past the gate with his fleshly body, he might have been.... reunited with his "other soul" (the soul that was with Ed for the three years) therefore regaining his memories.

I thought that was cool. And most satisfying.

Mini thoughts:
I liked Noah. Thats all.

Hoenhiem died.. It was so sad... oh I thought Ed really go shot when that B17CH shot him tongue.gif Alphonse died tooooooooo how noble it was ><

T T Wrath died! Waa... but when he did I knew why Izumi had to be dead before it happened- he couldn't be reunited at the gate like he did.

Envy never turned back into his human looking form... guess he lost his abilities to change shape? Good thing he changed into a dragon before going biggrin.gif

Gluttony o.0 wow, freaky. What did Dante do to him!? Guess he ate her.

Poor Winry... Well, least she got to hug him once before he left =P

I agree with the fact that there weren't enough concluding endings... WHat if Roy dies or something!? haha.. nah, long live the flame Alchemist ^^

I definitely cracked up when Ed and AL saw Scar and Lusts Alter Ego at the end. XD

Afterword tongue.gif- Awesome movie.
NightMistress
Saw the movie. It was good. Part two I enjoyed more than part one. Nevertheless, I still like the anime and manga much better. It's probably the multitude of development that sinches it for me. Anyway, I found myself much more interested in what was going on in Amestris than our world, but we saw much more going on in our world. I really liked Al H. I hated seeing him die, but he died knowing he did the right thing. That's such an Al thing to do. Al E was a sweetie as always. He's just such a loveable character. *huggles Al pillow*

With Noah, she wasn't my favourite person, but I didn't think she was all that bad*le gasp*. I also like the ending with the dancing and the music et al at Al H's funeral. It moved me a bit. I liked that hymn the gypsies did in the beginning too. Still would have liked it better if Winry could have went with them to our world though.

As to the Roy issue. It was still annoying that it didn't go into how his decline started considering that he was happy post ep 51. I loved seeing him back in fighting form though. That brought me back to the show a little. When he was in a bad state during the Ishbal war, Hughes had to get him back up on his feet. That's why I think Roy felt compelled to visit his grave in the movie. He remembered Hughes' philosophy. I also was happy to see him and Riza fighting together again being the great team they once were. But once again, I was annoyed not seeing an ending for him and his team. So overall, I'd give it a B-.
Satsuka
I really liked the movie overall. There was EdWin,Ed and Al were reunited,Wrath and Izumi are reunited. The only problem with movie is that Winry was left behind,but the movie was still good. ^_^ Here's a link to some letters Ed and Al wrote:http://www.livejournal.com/community/fm_al...yle=mine#cutid1
NightMistress
QUOTE(Satsuka @ Sep 10 2005, 10:38 PM)
I really liked the movie overall. There was EdWin,Ed and Al were reunited,Wrath and Izumi are reunited. The only problem with movie is that Winry was left behind,but the movie was still good. happy.gif Here's a link to some letters Ed and Al wrote:http://www.livejournal.com/community/fm_al...yle=mine#cutid1
[right][snapback]280761[/snapback][/right]

ummm....ummm...ummmm....so does this mean that Ed/Noah is...c-c-can--. The EdWin fan in me that has just been stabbed in the heart can't even get the word out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.