Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coolest Weapon In Gaming?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Game
Pages: 1, 2, 3
alchemydude90
personaly i like cloud's buster sword from ff7.
Carnal Malefactor
How does a shrimpy guy like that haul around such a massive sword, anyway? Plus, his swords all looked different. I think the Ragnarok had the best shape.

But I think the best weapon is KOS-MOS from Xenosaga. She's a weapon in and of herself.
alchemydude90
didnt she kill one of her teammates in that game or is that someone else huh.gif
mongooseboi
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Sep 6 2005, 07:44 PM)
How does a shrimpy guy like that haul around such a massive sword, anyway? Plus, his swords all looked different. I think the Ragnarok had the best shape.

But I think the best weapon is KOS-MOS from Xenosaga. She's a weapon in and of herself.
[right][snapback]276656[/snapback][/right]

i think nearly every main FF guy character hauled around a huge sword..*thinks of cloud, squall, and tidus*
my favoite weapon in gaming would be..the awp in cs. its so badass :]
Martel
Is this only FF weapons and such? Cause I'm partial to my peace maker in the Jak 2 game ::evil grin::
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Martel @ Sep 7 2005, 12:35 AM)
Is this only FF weapons and such?  Cause I'm partial to my peace maker in the Jak 2 game ::evil grin::
[right][snapback]276732[/snapback][/right]

Eh heh... I've never actually played Ratchet & Clank, but the weapons in the ads look awesome. laugh.gif
edsgirl
I fell in love with the Blades of Chaos from God of War. The blades are connected to the dudes skin by chains. They're just freaking awesome!
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Sep 7 2005, 03:20 AM)
I fell in love with the Blades of Chaos from God of War. The blades are connected to the dudes skin by chains. They're just freaking awesome!
[right][snapback]276785[/snapback][/right]

Man, I still need to play that game.
Slashrose1010
I like the Prince's double swond thingers in Worrior Within, though I have yet to play it. They just look so cool.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
This is a pretty dull and boring choice but I've always really liked the gunblade from Final Fantasy 8. I really like the design of it even though a gunblade is completely rediculous.

Still though, if you could make it work then it would really be a handy weapon.
Slashrose1010
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Sep 7 2005, 01:04 PM)
This is a pretty dull and boring choice but I've always really liked the gunblade from Final Fantasy 8. I really like the design of it even though a gunblade is completely rediculous.

Still though, if you could make it work then it would really be a handy weapon.

A gunblade is ridiculous? I thought it was plausible... maybe not the way they designed it exactly, but I think you could make a weapon with both the function of a sword and gun. Yes, I think it does look cool too :]

Hmm... did it even have the function of a gun? *hasn't played the game in so long* I forget wether he shoots with it in the opening game sequence.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I suppose it could be plausable but they way they have it designed in the game there's no way it would work. There's no barrel for the bullet to go anywhere, it would just explode in the chamber and fall to the ground. If they made one with a barrel so the gunblade had a function similar to a bayonet than it might work.

Right now, it's just a cool looking letter opener. tongue.gif
Carnal Malefactor
The gunblade was just a glorified bayonet. tongue.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
It wasn't even that, it was just a funky looking sword with a noisemaker. tongue.gif

Kind of like a pop gun but a loud one.
edwardasakura18
haha for mei..its gotta be a gunblade,i always thought htat if they could make one id want it baad. you know like a fully functional one? and i like it when people use two guns (not jsut one!).. well that or the camera obscura which if you think about it was actually pretty silly. do pokemon count as weapons? keeding haha!
Kyros
I don't think I would go with that even though it was a cool concept. I mean, why can't you just shoot it if you can't reach the person? I just didn't get that, but oh well... Anyway, I really like Oda Nobunaga's sword in Samurai Warriors. It was pretty awesome, but I am also not sure that was my favorite either... I think I would go with the combination of the Kirisawa laser rifle and Moonlight laser blade in Armored Core. I loved using those weapons a lot, and I always had this crazy energy setup for my AC so I would rarely run out of energy, even though I was constantly flying/boosting while using energy weapons. If I did run low, I would be charged up by the time I hit the ground. Wow, I found a lot of ways to manipulate energy use in those games...god, I wish I had one of them with me right now to play...
Chelegordo
Well I always thought Glamdring Was such a cool weapon, but even though it is in a game, I have never found a game where you could play with it so the best weapon ever in a game has got to be the Zero Point Energy gun.
alchemydude90
but hey, what about nightmare's soul edge complete, now that was an awesome weapon. it also is cool on the way it looks with all those eyes and it was practially covered in flesh. now that's cool cool.gif
nightmare90
nah, i personally liked the BFG-9000 from doom3, now there's a weapon for ya happy.gif
hitokiri
the cow gun from that south park fps on n64... the ability to drop a cow on someone's head anus first is definately kosher with me...
halomasta
Plasma Sword!
alchemydude90
the soul cube is awesome
Le Monkey
the BFG from Quake 2.. how many of you kiddies ever played it?

if you havnt..

GO GET IT!!!!!!
NOW!
StrawberryShampoo
My favorite is from Resident Evil: Outbreak file 1, and that weapon is the nail gun.
My favorite line is "Cindy's got the nail gun."
WhiteMike
Chalk one up for the Gunblade. I always thought that it was such a cool weapon. TRIGGER!
Maes-Hughes
gutts sword from berserk
~*(Jaded)*~
Flamethrower from Grand Theift Auto San Andreas (that game is so wrong ph34r.gif )
gseed
Squall's gunblade
Clouds sword(in the movie and in the game)
mongooseboi
the avenger 2 in Gunz :]
Fayt
Hatred blade in Radiata stories
Mike
Probably the rebellion from DMC 3 (I probably got better ones just can't think of them right now tongue.gif )
CursedAnubis
unsure.gif Hmm I can't choose between Squall's gunblade and Chrono Cross Serge's swallow.
Shadow-Gecko-Alchmist
i like the weapons of the twin bladers from dot.hack the fiskshin it is alsome and the spells it aloows are neat as well (yes i said neat)
Smoke Alchemist
For me it has to be brutal hand to hand combat with your fists being the weapons. *Evil Grin*

ph34r.gif
Scar-San
lightsaber !!!!
Katana !!!!
and the most powerful handgun in the world Magnum Revolver!!!
Heartless_Soldier
QUOTE(Scar-San @ Sep 29 2005, 12:27 PM) [snapback]294190[/snapback]

lightsaber !!!!
Katana !!!!
and the most powerful handgun in the world Magnum Revolver!!!

Im with you Scar-Sun. Im more of a gun person. Heck give me a ak47 and ill take down cloud...... Um no affense to any final fantasy
lovers. However this doesn't mean i can't pick up a sword once and in a while and kick some butt. Oh and Alchemydude90 sorry I took so long.
Cloudstrife
either the gunblade, the 2 guns and the fire and water sword things in dmc3
SapphireAlchemist
Hmm, so many good weapons.
Zero's Z-Saber is amazingly vertasile, but for sheer power Samus's armblaster is very good.

Hmm, but my vote may have to go for Link's Boomerang. No, it's not cool-looking or cool in any way; it's just a plain boomerang. But its use in the game is really central. I don't beleive it's ever been a necessary item, but especially in the beginning it can be such an amazing shortcut....

Im with you Scar-Sun. Im more of a gun person. Heck give me a ak47 and ill take down cloud...... Um no affense to any final fantasy lovers.

I'm reminded of Indiana Jones here... XD
Heartless_Soldier

[quote]Im with you Scar-Sun. Im more of a gun person. Heck give me a ak47 and ill take down cloud...... Um no affense to any final fantasy lovers. [/quote]

I'm reminded of Indiana Jones here... XD
[/quote]

cool.gif I dont think Indiana Jones uses atuomatic weapons but hey he still kicks butt. cool.gif
CHOO
Must be The Eclipse cannon from
Sonic adventure 2 battle

The_golden_alchemist
Hatred Blade? Havnt gotten that yet i think...

BFG ohhh yeah since Quake
(Big F****** Gun)
-Kr!zY-
hmm..i'd have to say Agni and Rudra, from dmc3
seventh_sky
You gotta love the Master Sword from Legend of Zelda.
greenperky
The Sword of Aeons from the game Fable
Chopper Enthusiast
The katamari! From Katamari Camachi.
Fayt
Levantine ( star ocean )
Dragoon Laser( star ocean )
Fusion ( Brave Fencer Musashi )
Great oar ( Samaurai Legend Musashi )
Lumina ( Brave Fencer Musashi )
Joke Wepons from soul caliber II
CHOO THE DESTROYER
Plasma grenade from Halo 2
Blade Alchemist
Chronicle Sword (Dark Cloud)
7th Heaven (Dark Cloud)

I would put the Shiva Nuke, HAVOC Tactical Nuke, and the NOVA Planet Killer. But those are nukes from the HALO books.
CHOO THE DESTROYER
Even though it's not a weapon,

Shadow the Hedgehog's Chaos Controll
shogunskey
The lightsaber from all the starwars games, the red ones.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.