Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's Your Favorite Or Coolest Moment/scene/quote In Fma Anime (first Series)?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2
alchemydude90
NOTE: (by Tombow)
* For your favorite EPISODE, post on Which is your favorite episodes? thread.

* For FUNNIEST moment/quote, post on Funniest moment/scene/quote thread.

i think one of the coolest moments in FMA is when ed fights roy, it was cool and funny.
fullmetal_4eva
I loved when Al and Ed teamed up against Armstrong. laugh.gif
alchemydude90
oh yeah, that was really awsome. dry.gif armstrong could be weird sometimes though. dry.gif
chocolate_eds_everywhere
the part that gave the creeps so far is when greed is released and then gluttony sees the room and hes all"Lust....its the bad place" and he gets that freaked look in his little eyes that totally gave me the chills, or it could of just been cold biggrin.gif
elalquimistafilosofal
everytime when someone said ed "you are so small"
.there are a lot of times laugh.gif cool.gif
Lissi to Ed
QUOTE(elalquimistafilosofal @ Sep 6 2005, 10:14 PM)
.there are a lot of times laugh.gif  cool.gif
[right][snapback]276668[/snapback][/right]

Yeah I think that too but also I like when Roy picks up Black Hayate and does a whole explanation about the loyalty of dogs xDD OH!! Also when Havoc had to investigate Roy and all the others in the team were helping him...that journal thing just cracked me up xD
SilverHawk
I would have to say when Al, Ed, and Scar team up to take on the mercenaries.
Maverickpj
Any moment with Hughes in it is always a classic. I can relate to that guy so well, the half-joking half-serious attitude. I was so sad when the guy died, I screamed out WHY!, WHY HIM!
alchemydude90
i still think any moment with scar is real cool.
the_lightning_alchemist10
Maverickpj Posted Today, 11:37 PM
  Any moment with Hughes in it is always a classic. I can relate to that guy so well, the half-joking half-serious attitude. I was so sad when the guy died, I screamed out WHY!, WHY HIM!

I started crying when he died.
alchemydude90
QUOTE(the_lightning_alchemist10 @ Sep 7 2005, 07:39 PM)

[right][snapback]277901[/snapback][/right]

for some reason i sheded a tear during the funeral scene with his daughter, and i'm a guy blink.gif so thats pretty rare blink.gif
Hey, dudes can be sensitive too. For crying out loud it WAS HUGHES!!!! And than Elishia (sp?), she's like 3 years old!!! She needed her daddy!!!!!!
Lissi to Ed
QUOTE(alchemydude90 @ Sep 7 2005, 09:42 PM)

for some reason i sheded a tear during the funeral scene with his daughter, and i'm a guy blink.gif so thats pretty rare blink.gif
[right][snapback]277911[/snapback][/right]

Yeah I cried so hard...and it was just so sad when Mustang said "It's going to rain." Speaking of crying, I cried so much I felt sick when Nina was killed by Scar.
Kimi-N-Ed
QUOTE(elalquimistafilosofal @ Sep 6 2005, 09:14 PM)
.there are a lot of times laugh.gif  cool.gif
[right][snapback]276668[/snapback][/right]

lol laugh.gif Yea i really love those sceanes too laugh.gif

QUOTE(Maverickpj @ Sep 7 2005, 08:37 PM)
Any moment with Hughes in it is always a classic.  I can relate to that guy so well, the half-joking half-serious attitude.  I was so sad when the guy died, I screamed out WHY!, WHY HIM!
[right][snapback]277899[/snapback][/right]

Yes man I cried sooo hard I was crying into my pillow. that was really sad. sad.gif

QUOTE(alchemydude90 @ Sep 7 2005, 08:42 PM)

Yea my brother cried when he watched it too. sad.gif

QUOTE(Lissi to Ed @ Sep 7 2005, 09:32 PM)
QUOTE(alchemydude90 @ Sep 7 2005, 09:42 PM)

Yeah I cried so hard...and it was just so sad when Mustang said "It's going to rain." Speaking of crying, I cried so much I felt sick when Nina was killed by Scar.
[right][snapback]277960[/snapback][/right]

yea that was truly sad cuz to me Mustang and Hughes were like brothers
They were brothers. Hughes, WHY'D YA GOTTA DIE!!!!!!1
alchemydude90
hughes death will be remembered on and on, that funny guy shall always be missed
darkangelslayer
I loved it when Ed first had his automail completely shattered by Scar. That terrified look that was in his eyes...amazing.
*sniff* My friends and I are making a mini-memorial for him soon.
alchemydude90
i personally liked it when ed fought the gaurdian at that closed off lab

may hughes life be always treasured
#1_alchemist
i like when roy fought against king bradly at the end!!! biggrin.gif
Fullmetal Fugazi
QUOTE(alchemydude90 @ Sep 11 2005, 08:13 PM)
i personally liked it when ed fought the gaurdian at that closed off lab

may hughes life be always treasured
[right][snapback]281691[/snapback][/right]

yeah, that was a tasty ep
alchemydude90
man fma is like the coolest anime ever.
No, ya think? *says in a "can I be any more sarcastic?" way*
alchemydude90
QUOTE(the_lightning_alchemist10 @ Sep 16 2005, 07:19 PM)
[right][snapback]286300[/snapback][/right]

hey there are other good competitors out there you know smile.gif
Abigail
o_o Um... let's see. Cool moments? There are a few.
I'll list some of my favorite moments now xD
1) When Russell tells Ed, "Why should I kneel on my knees? To look at you in the eyes?" xDD
2) When Nina died. Sure it wasn't cool, but I cried, and it's the first time an anime made me cry o_O
3) When Envy tells Ed: "I can be anyone! Who would you want me to be? Oh, I know. A taller version of yourself?" (don't know if that's how the quote went, I'm translating it from Spanish but well.. it was something like that)
4) When Ed's automail 'splodes. I'm going to agree with you, darkangelslayer, that was just awesome xDD
5) Flame vs Fullmetal is an episode I could watch 100 times xD

And that's a few of my fave moments ^^;
hey there are other good competitors out there you know

Yes. but it's definetly on the top of my list.
ed's numbuh 1 fan
coolest moment.......

1.in epi 4 when Al was always falling on Edo tongue.gif
2. epi 7 sad.gif nina it made me want to cry and i love sad things sad.gif
3. epi 8 with barry the chopper the terrified look on ed'd face was soul wenching sad.gif
4. epi 10 when Edo got food poisoning and "acidentelly"grabbed Psiren's...uh...you know rolleyes.gif
5. epi 11 i agree with Abigailwhen Edo says:"Thats not the way you beg someone...get on your knees"..."I said get down on the ground!" Russell:"Why so we can see eye,to eye?""Surely you should be used to people looking down on you". and at the end of that epi after Edo reads the letter and says:"I can't belive he's younger than me and already so much taller,Life is so unfair"t was so cute tongue.gif
6. epi 13 was sooooooooooooooooo awesome i too could watch it a million times laugh.gif
7. epis 19,20,21,22,23 were all awesome
8. and 25 was te most saddest thing i have ever seen sad.gif :`( HUGHES WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

let his memory live on in our hearts.................
Fan_Alchemist
When Al acted as the demon armor.
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(Fan_Alchemist @ Sep 19 2005, 09:41 PM) [snapback]289003[/snapback]

When Al acted as the demon armor.

that part was also funny laugh.gif

Al:"I am the Cursed Demon Armor!" "Once your body becomes one with my steel,you will lose all emotion and become a warrior of death,for i shall steal your soul."

ph34r.gif but...Aru-kun sounds scary when he's trying to be evil or when he's mad... ph34r.gif
winry007
I seriously CANT choose! I'll put some of my fave moments though!

Funniest: When Winry and Ed r arguing over the milk/When Sheska thinks Sloth's an alien!!
Saddest: When nasty Scar kills (trying not 2 spoil 4 new FMA watchers ere!) Lil girl 'n doggy!/End of episode 50, GRR envy!
Closest to romantic: The braiding scene (*sighs* Soz, im an edxwinry fan sad.gif )
Strangest: Roy mustang and the mini skirts (hmmmm)
Favourite moment EVER!: in the end episode wiv Den 'n Al (still made me cry when I thought about **!!)

QUOTE(alchemydude90 @ Sep 17 2005, 07:46 AM) [snapback]286715[/snapback]

QUOTE(the_lightning_alchemist10 @ Sep 16 2005, 07:19 PM)
[snapback]286300[/snapback]

hey there are other good competitors out there you know smile.gif

R der? I havent seen dem den!
sapphireangel
I like it when Ed was in the hospital(Heart of Steel)And Winry told him ta drink his milk!It was hilarious!
That was hilarious!!!!
Mikage_Elric
I like last night episode. Poor wrath and he's funny.
definetely when roy kills king bradley at the end
WTF!!!!! SPOILER ALERT!!!!! SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Carnal Malefactor
[spoiler]The last fight between Ed and Greed in Dante's mansion. Such killer animation.[/spoiler]
Full Metal Elf
Well....I haven't seen all of it yet sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif....but from what I've seen (and my list will def. change when i've seen it all wink.gif):

-Ep. 1: When Ed removes his jacket and reveals his arm...I just love that scene!

-The entire Fullmetal vs. Flame episode. That episode is SO funny! And the fight between Roy and Ed is so awesome! smile.gif

-Anything with Ed being called small...just funny happy.gif

-The fight in the 5th lab (that i've seen...I haven't seen past Ep. 20 sad.gif....not on DVD yet here)

Ok...that' it for now, lol.

[spoiler]

-When Ed fights Greed (awesome!!!)

-When Ed fights Envy (crazy!)

-The episode with Havoc finding a girl....so funny smile.gif

-Roy killing the King

-Roy yelling at Ed for not coming to him for help

-Ed punching his daddy (I would too wink.gif)

[/spoiler]

Kirara
I guess I am looking at this as favorite scenes rather than coolest scenes

Spoiler Scenes:

[Spoiler]1) In episode 43 when Roy tells Ed/Al that he is angry at them for running away and not coming to him for protection

2) In episode 48 when Ed and Roy say goodbye to each other and Roy puts out his hand to shake Ed's signifying that he sees Ed as a friend/equal.

3) In episode 50 when Ed finds himself in London in another body. A zeppelin falls on his head, he claps his hand trying to do alchemy but in that world alchemy doesn't exist.

4) In episode 51 when Ed and Al sacrifice themselves for each other.[/Spoiler]

Non Spoiler-

1) In ep 3 when Ed says he doesn't want to try human transmutation and risk losing Al again. And Al says he is going to go with Ed on his quest to become a state alchemist because they are all they have left and they cannot do anything to tear them apart <sniff> <sniff>

2) In episode 20 Al worrying about being human and at the same time Ed saying he cannot kill 48 because to Ed 48 is human just like his brother. That was just a great dramatic moment

3) In episode 27 the hug at the end

4) In episode 8 the Ed/Barry the Chopper fight and also the whole "we are not gods" scene at the end.
Full Glass Alchemist
haha hmm... all scenes are cool/funny, but my fav scenes would be when people had mistaken Al for the full metal alchemist instead of Ed cos he's so tiny LOLS~! biggrin.gif
Guest_silveryCross_*
When Al and Barry were fighting eachother, while Ed was in the building with the Slicer brothers. Barry kept going on, and on, and Al just stood there treating him like a mental case. I cracked up the whole time. smile.gif
ed's numbuh 1 fan
now that i've seen more epi's...

- i forgot to add 17 when Edo was taking a shower tongue.gif------ *droool* *o* XD

- 27 the hugging scene,so sad :`(

- 28 when they were on the island it was funny tongue.gif

and 29.30.31,32 were all cool too tongue.gif
adamclark
when wolverine was thrown from the statue of liberty and swung back around with his claws.

uh... i mean... when that lion was chomping on ed's arm.
quills
the coolest scene is when Ed and Greed had their last fight in the mansion[size=7]
i think people start to forget that Ed's not yet an adult. that experience must be... traumatizing for him...

i also thought the scene where Ed 'evaporated' Sloth. it was a brilliant scene.
this is a message to quills...SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GIVE US A WARNING OR SPOILER TAGS SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!! EDIT IT NOW PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(the_lightning_alchemist10 @ Oct 25 2005, 08:49 PM) [snapback]304337[/snapback]

this is a message to quills...SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GIVE US A WARNING OR SPOILER TAGS SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!! EDIT IT NOW PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

really sad.gif

i'm trying to forget the spoilers i've read tongue.gif;;
sweety_pie
i really like FMA it is so cool some of the coolest moments are:

- ep. 2 Ed takes off his shirt and shows his arm so cool!

-ep. 5 when the 2 men are trying to shoot Al but the richache hits them, Al trys to warn them but they dont listen to him & when Ed is called kinda small he flips out and yells "who are you calling a runt who is so tiny he can only be seen with a madnifying glass,you jerk!"

-ep. 2 when the guy in Lior thought that Al was the older brother and Ed got mad

-ep.7 Scar trys to get into the Military library and Ed rips his shirt and reveals the tattoos on Scars arm.

(and pretty much whemever Ed gets called short) smile.gif
Dark Alchemist Sakura
QUOTE(quills @ Oct 24 2005, 10:34 PM) [snapback]304035[/snapback]

the coolest scene is when Ed and Greed had their last fight in the mansion[size=7]
i think people start to forget that Ed's not yet an adult. that experience must be... traumatizing for him...

i also thought the scene where Ed 'evaporated' Sloth. it was a brilliant scene.

Those were some of the prettiest fighting scenes I have ever seen. This is coming from someone whose shonen anime diet included Inuyasha and Wolf's Rain and not much else, but the animation was awe-inspiring.

Ed's crying when Greed died just proves yet again that Ed is NOT a mary sue.

I also liked the part where Edward and Dante were arguing about Equivalent Exchange. I actually liked the dialogue about Equivalent Exchange.... It really gets you thinking, and I like thinking.... even though I don't have a brain laugh.gif
Becca77901
I like the very end of the series...don't get mad at me if you don't want to know.

[spoiler]
when al gives his body to get Ed back once envy stabs him, and then ed comes back and brings al back which got him stuck behind the gates.
[/spoiler]
I_Love_Maes
QUOTE(Maverickpj @ Sep 7 2005, 10:37 PM) [snapback]277899[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm so with you. I love the moment when Hughes first appears on the scene. His entrance rivals Aragorn's in Fellowship of the Ring, which I must say is definitely an impressive way to enter a story!
Pipsqueaks RULE
Oooooooooh I love Lab 5 episodes laugh.gif Edo gets hurt......and I like that.......doesn't mean I don't like Edo, he's my fav character........hehe...The coolest shows/movies are those where the main characters get hurt! Physically or emotionally, better yet, BOTH, haha......

Ok, focus now. Edo does the coolest back flips. I liked that comment the guardian made about him being "just like a monkey" LOL! Not to make fun of him, just that..being that light on your feet is awesome to me! Anyway, that ep where the fight ended..such a good episode. The separate struggles of Ed and Al tied together with the same theme was awesome. You know, when Barry was trying to convince Al that he wasn't real, while Edo was telling the guardian brothers that he couldn't treat them like they weren't human because that would be like saying Al wasn't human...So touching, I loved it.

Yup, Maes Hughes rocks too, and...I like that part when he interrupted Ed and Al, and Edo was like "GET TO THE POINT!" Whenever an adult guy, esp. one in the military, becomes afraid of Edo's temper, it's hilarious to me laugh.gif And then Edo accidentally called Maes by the wrong title and Maes was like, "LIEUTENANT COLONEL!!" Anyway, I've never heard of a character in a show or movie begin that obsessed with and proud of his daughter. It's fresh and I think it's sweet. smile.gif

Sooo, what else. 'Course I like many fighting scenes, and scenes where Edo is being smart or cute. I like some dying scenes too. But that's just..my violent nature. I also like parts where Edo is terrified, like when Barry is gonna kill him. And when EDO CRIES! OH and when Edo beats up Shou Tucker, COOL! I don't think this one has been mentioned. I was like, YEAH!! GET 'EM, EDO!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.