Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good Enough
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks > Fanfics
Ed'sgirl89
It was late. All Winry could hear were the ticking of a nearby clock and the sound of a cricket singing outside the open window. The moonlight streamed through the sheer white curtains that blew from a gentle breeze. The moonbeams made edward glow with an almost supernatural glow, highlighting his golden locks, making him look like an angel. She loved watching him sleep. It was when he slept that he looked like he should have; without pain, without heartache, without loss. He looked content and serene when he slept.
Except...
Except for the nightmares.
She knew when they were about to strike him, like an evil shadow. His brow would begin to furrow, and she could see a thin sheen of sweat begin to form. She would touch his cheek, and found him to be warm to the touch. Soon after that, he would begin to mutter. Sometimes, if she listened very closely, she would hear snatches of what he was saying. It was usually about Al, their mother, and being sorry for everything. She knew why he hurt, she just didn't know how to heal his pain. When the nightmares descended,she leaned over to touch his left hand, just to feel warm skin, and kissed him, ever so gently, on his lips. She pressed her cool forehead to his feverish cheek and entwined her fingers with his. Eventually, his face would begin to relax, and his muscles would untense. That was another thing she loved best about him when he slept;only when he slept would he allow her to comfort him. He thought himself undeserving of compassion,and he sure as hell didn't want pity. Sometimes, however briefly, she caught something in his eyes that yearned, no screamed, for... what? Forgiveness? Redemption? Perhaps. But she couldn't give him either. That was between him and God. What she could give him was love and trust.
She strove to convey them both in every kiss, every touch, every glance. She tried to offer him something so long forgotton, it was almost foreign to him. She offered him a home in her arms. It wasn't much, but it was the best she could do. And maybe, just maybe, it was good enough.

well, what do you guys think? unsure.gif
snwbnny
Awww It was cute, I liked it.
Ed'sgirl89
QUOTE(snwbnny @ Sep 6 2005, 11:18 AM)
Awww It was cute, I liked it.
[right][snapback]275797[/snapback][/right]

yay my first review ever!!! thank you so much. biggrin.gif
edwardasakura18
awe ed's girl..that just warmed my heart ^^...now im ready for the rest of the day in good spirits. i really liked it. good job!! thumbs up to you! <3
Ed'sgirl89
QUOTE(edwardasakura18 @ Sep 6 2005, 05:16 PM)
awe ed's girl..that just warmed my heart ^^...now im ready for the rest of the day in good spirits. i really liked it. good job!! thumbs up to you! <3
[right][snapback]276073[/snapback][/right]

yay thank you!! i love getting reviews! i'm working on another edxwin fanfic, i don't know how good it'll be, but it should be up soon. wink.gif
edwardasakura18
ill be looking forward to it! ^_~
{and dont you worry im sure it'll be a real hit!}
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.