Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 51 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
carla
first off, i have to say how remarkable it is that arakawa-sensei has me rolling off my chair one second and the next one she scares the SH-- out of me. that's why i love this manga, dammit tongue.gif

so my brother and i are having this conversation through messenger as we read the manga...

me: see? ed has a telepathic connection with his little brother, like me!
my brother (with many more typos 'cuz he refuses to spell things correctly): tongue.gif yeah, and it even fails 99.9% of the time like yours.
me: yeah, that's what i mean! laugh.gif i'm SO channeling edward. maybe i should try my hand at alchemy... biggrin.gif
my brother: uhhhhh... yeah. whatever dry.gif

so, yeah tongue.gif;;; i'm insane. that's the only conclusion you can get from this anecdote biggrin.gif

[spoiler]envy's real form is the most disgusting thing i have EVER seen in any manga. gah. leave it to him to be so cool and yet so YUCK at the same time, man. definitely better than the dragon thing in the anime, though. he's one of a kind. he started the WAR, how awesome is that! cool.gif and brooding!resigned-to-his-fate!envy is so hot for some reason...

as for who's going to kill envy, i say everyone grab a bit and kill it. there's enough of him to go around, certainly blink.gif

i still say gluttony's the next one to go. i still think they're going to blow him up from the inside. ed's not going to give up and neither is ling ("isn't there someone waiting for you, too?"-- awwwww, ran fan, we miss ya! =^^= it's all so cute), and envy probably doesn't care about gluttony one way or the other so i think he won't mind much if his fellow homunculus goes poof as long as he himself makes it out. after all, he's just a fake gate rolleyes.gif envy can't die. not NOW, at least. much, much later.

and what is up with those three at the end? al is all like "OMG BROTHER WAS SWALLOWED!" and gluttony is all like "OMG FATHER IS GOING TO FUH-REAK OUT!" and xiao-mei is all like "OMG MEI-CHAN I MISS U!" and yet they're all just... sitting there. was i the only one who found this scene weird? funny, but weird. i'd expect passiveness from gluttony since he screwed up royally but i'd have expected al to be more... emotional. after all, his brother's lost somewhere in the midst of gluttony's gastric fluids and his telepathy's not working ( tongue.gif ). i would've at least reacted, if i were in that situation, but al has time to sit and think about what happened before he starts yelling desperately. i just found it weird.

i'm with gotham in the "amalgamations" theory. it does make sense, after what ran fan said. but then, what can we make of bradley? huh.gif

oh, i JUST realized that we STILL don't know what's going to happen to roy! gah! (talk about slow). boy, arakawa-sensei just loves leaving us hanging...

wah, scar's going to become good in the manga too! come on, can't the guy just stay a murderous psycho? i like him that way! mad.gif [/spoiler]

just for some comedic relief, i'll tell you that when yoki asked mei-chan about her "black and white cat" my first thought was "OMG xiao-mei's a cat! i've been living a lie!" wacko.gif then i realized he was being his usual idiot self. and i felt pretty stupid biggrin.gif

and yay for subtle edowin hints! *is such a fangirl* wub.gif oh, i live for these...

and yeah, it DID feel shorter blink.gif must be all the excitement... now to wait for 52!

THANK YOU SO MUCH UMEKO-SAN AND CSAKURAS-SAN! WE LOVE YOU!!! smile.gif
Singhay
It says pride is linked with a horse. I remember in the chapter when Roy and Hawkeye left Ed, Al, and Ling, it showed the car going away and a black horse (maybe a mustang!?!) going the opposite way roy and them were going. sad.gif too bad it turned out to be ENVY! god.

It also says in Pride section "It has been called the sin from which all others arise." maybe that means Pride has a plan against "Father" with some of the other Humonculis like Wrath.
Envious...
Don't read too much into the animal associations and the Sins...

As for the "lives" contained within each, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Bradly had only one life. Why? His Ultimate Eye is pretty much the equivalent of a hack. He cannot die!
Namir Felis
Yeah, the animals associated don't really matter much on the sins... How they die is the main thing.

For those of you who don't know, being "broken on the wheel" (see "Pride" on that Deadly Sins site) is an old way of torture used way back in the 12-1600's, I think? Anyway, they'd strap someone to a wheel, breaking as many bones as possible without killing them. 'Twas a fearful way of torture. I can't see how they can do that, though- I mean, keeping him/her still long enough to strap them to a wheel. Maybe they just run him/her over?

Edit: Oh, I forgot- Didn't anyone find it sweet how Envy didn't call Edo "Pipsqueak", but "Fullmetal Alchemist" near the middle of the chapter? I really did think he wasn't going to go all psycho asshole on poor Ed, but...

THAT PIPSQUEAK HAD TO START IT. DAMMIT. >< *beats Edward over the head with a wrench*
AA battery
QUOTE(charla)
[spoiler]xiao-mei is all like "OMG MEI-CHAN I MISS U!"[/spoiler]
To Carla: dear, they are the same animal. Xiao Mei (This is the correct spelling from Perfect Guide Book 2.) = Mei-chan the panda. The little girl's correct name is Chang May.

QUOTE(reika)
Thanks for the hints, I was going crazy T_T... And thanks for the translation kyo umerio!! ^^
To Reika: dear, since WHEN did Kyo Umerio joined ZOMGFTA team? Our dear dear scanslators of Chapter 51 are CSakuraS and Umeko. They have been translating FMA chapters since chapter 45. THEIR NAMES ARE EVEN ON THE CREDITS PAGE OF EACH CHAPTER. If memory serves me right, Kyo_Umerio only made posts regarding guessing the true identify of Pride in this topic. Pay more attention.
Animeoldtimer
Another good chapter, but it did seem a little short. I guess I just wanted more things to happen. (Like see what happened to Roy.) A lot was revealed though. smile.gif I wouldn't want to meat Envy on a dark alley. laugh.gif

Anyway slight question.

On this page: http://groups.msn.com/FullMetalAlchemist/c...o&PhotoID=10149

Is Ed refering to Winry or Al? I had thought it was Winry at first because he used the term "waiting for my return" and she is often talking about "waiting." Also because I would think he would have just said "Al is waiting for me" or "Al is counting on me."

What do you think?

Yeah, sometimes I look too deeply in to things. biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif
RocketJess
QUOTE(drake220 @ Sep 15 2005, 06:53 AM)
Does anyone else think that Ed's arm on the cover was more claw-like then usual? I distinctly recall his automail fingers being blunter and  rounder, like a flesh and blood hand. Don't get me wrong, I loved the claws.

If you take a closer look, you'll see that the outer metal casing is missing. It's essentially a skeleton hand. (And looks very cool! =P )

QUOTE(Animeoldtimer @ Sep 15 2005, 03:43 PM)
On this page: http://groups.msn.com/FullMetalAlchemist/c...o&PhotoID=10149

Is Ed refering to Winry or Al?  I had thought it was Winry at first because he used the term "waiting for my return"  and she is often talking about "waiting." Also because I would think he would have just said "Al is waiting for me" or "Al is counting on me."

What  do you think?

I have no idea of how it was phrased in Japanese, but I do know that Japanese doesn't use plurals. So (I'm guessing) "a person is waiting for me" and "people are waiting for me" would be said the same way in Japanese? Maybe it's been interpreted wrongly by the translator. (Not that I have any real idea, just a bit of speculation from someone who can't even speak Japanese....)
drake220
QUOTE(RocketJess @ Sep 15 2005, 03:24 AM)
QUOTE(drake220 @ Sep 15 2005, 06:53 AM)
Does anyone else think that Ed's arm on the cover was more claw-like then usual? I distinctly recall his automail fingers being blunter and  rounder, like a flesh and blood hand. Don't get me wrong, I loved the claws.

If you take a closer look, you'll see that the outer metal casing is missing. It's essentially a skeleton hand. (And looks very cool! =P )

Just thought I'd let you all know that when my sis, a physical therapist, looked at the cover pic of Ed, she noticed that all his wiring and automail parts exactly mimic the way actual ligaments and tendons connect to human finger bones!! She said it was great b/c the wires even moved in the right directions!
Just another way of seeing how freakin' amazing arakawa-sensei is!!!! biggrin.gif
Envious...
Yes, it's been mentioned that Arakawa studied anatomy quite extensively.

Another minor note to her attention to detail.

In Ch. 49, when Envy transforms from a horse, there is a panel closeup of the hoof as it is turning into a human hand. Believe it or not, the way the fingers are arranged in that panel is the correct "equivalence" of a human hand to a horse's foot. i.e. the middle finger forms the hoof, while the other fingers are vestigial remants around it.

I couldn't believe that Arakawa actually paid attention to such detail that only veterinary students would know...
ramen
I swear, Arakawa is a living genius. Not like, 'Oh my God! She's so smart for making something so elaborate', but...all of the knowledge she's put into the series is just beyond amazing. She not only did her homework...She did EVERY single frickin' piece of extra credit that came anywhere near it. That just shocks me, because of the dedication she must have had.

I wonder where she got inspired?
MasterKris
Hey... happy.gif;; ramen-san... we got the same avatar...

According to Sensenic-san, the part where Ed says he watched a movie where people ate boots, it's the Charlie Chaplin movie. Gold Rush she saids. ARAKAWA-SENSEI IS AMAZING!!
carla
@ armor-alchemist: correct me if i'm wrong, but the -chan suffix is mostly used as an affectionate sign, mostly to girls or, in this case, pets and the like. so essentially, "mei-chan" could be any of the two, right? i didn't know the official spelling of the name, though, so thanks for telling me smile.gif i really ought to get my hands on the perfect guide book...

i DID notice that he didn't call edo a pipsqueak! it was a nice change of pace. envy's usually all energetic and just... eager to be evil, so it was that one phrase that made me think "gosh, he really feels defeated. they must really be screwed up!" small detail with a lot of meaning.
AA battery
QUOTE(carla @ Sep 15 2005, 06:13 PM)
@ armor-alchemist: correct me if i'm wrong, but the -chan suffix is mostly used as an affectionate sign, mostly to girls or, in this case, pets and the like. so essentially, "mei-chan" could be any of the two, right? i didn't know the official spelling of the name, though, so thanks for telling me  smile.gif i really ought to get my hands on the perfect guide book...
[right][snapback]285212[/snapback][/right]

well, ever since I read the PG2 3 times I get confused when people call her Mei instead of May (since my friends who read the PG2 I bought all changed back to refering the Hagaren characters by offical name...) (SORRY, I KNOW THAT I AM A PICKY BIT**.)
Keos
Wah! This chapter is amazing!! Thankyou very much for translating and scanlating it!

Mmm... another reason why Gluttony is called Gluttony: Father bit off more than he could chew.. but of course he didn't get anywhere.

[spoiler]Envy's true form is just so friggin ugly and hideous :| ... I'm amazed actually. His form here in the manga is so much more awe/horror-inspiring than the anime version's Leviathan/flying dragon (not that I didn't like it)... this just makes me actually fear envy.[/spoiler]

Great - waiting for the next one now.
RocketJess
I have to say, one of my main reasons for liking the manga over the anime ('cause I can't decide between the stories!) is Arakawa's attention to detail. The anime lacks a lot of that.
Sensenic
QUOTE(RocketJess @ Sep 16 2005, 12:53 PM)
I have to say, one of my main reasons for liking the manga over the anime ('cause I can't decide between the stories!) is Arakawa's attention to detail. The anime lacks a lot of that.
[right][snapback]285620[/snapback][/right]

And -ehem- there's a thread dedicated to that.

This one

Si vols estar ben servit, fes-te tu mateix el llit, indeed.
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Sep 16 2005, 01:43 AM)
Hey... happy.gif;; ramen-san... we got the same avatar...

According to Sensenic-san, the part where Ed says he watched a movie where people ate boots, it's the Charlie Chaplin movie. Gold Rush she saids. ARAKAWA-SENSEI IS AMAZING!!
[right][snapback]285173[/snapback][/right]

Wait, wait. I'm a...

*checks* -it's there-

yeah, I'm a 'he', actually happy.gif;
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Sep 16 2005, 10:21 AM)
QUOTE(carla @ Sep 15 2005, 06:13 PM)
@ armor-alchemist: correct me if i'm wrong, but the -chan suffix is mostly used as an affectionate sign, mostly to girls or, in this case, pets and the like. so essentially, "mei-chan" could be any of the two, right? i didn't know the official spelling of the name, though, so thanks for telling me  smile.gif i really ought to get my hands on the perfect guide book...
[right][snapback]285212[/snapback][/right]

well, ever since I read the PG2 3 times I get confused when people call her Mei instead of May (since my friends who read the PG2 I bought all changed back to refering the Hagaren characters by offical name...) (SORRY, I KNOW THAT I AM A PICKY BIT**.)
[right][snapback]285595[/snapback][/right]

Well, armor-alchemist, as I see it, I believe that's rather the official 'English transcription' since May is pronounced as 'Mei', just like Yebyoshi called Ling's assistant "Ran Fun" the first time.
I believe that for people with... eh.. I think it's called "fonetic languages", those that (more or less) what is written is what you pronounce (examples be Spanish, Japanese, Italian, Basque, German, Catalan...), it's easier, and closer to the original Chinese names, to leave them as Mei, Fu (or Hu, maybe, dunno which one is closer to actual Chinese) and Ran fan.

And, well, don't take this personally happy.gif, I dunno why I'm saying it. Maybe it's just like that I don't like those names, I've just grown accostumed to the other ones, closer to the original. No matter how I look at them, May, Who (Who? Who tongue.gif) and Ran Fun are ugly.

Oh, and carla, anyway Mei Chan(g)'s 'chan(g)' is her family/clan name, officially stated, not the Japanese word.

EDIT: ugli spellyng.
MasterKris
Wait, wait. I'm a...

*checks* -it's there-

yeah, I'm a 'he', actually ;

Oh!! ph34r.gif
Sorry..... ohmy.gif
Waka
QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 13 2005, 08:37 PM)
The chapters really are too short.

no, they're not.
GS4Life
Yeah the chapters just seem short cause we have too much fun reading them.

Ling worries me. As long as the ending isn't too corny and Ed, Winry, Ran Fan, Ling, Al, Roy, and Riza survive, I'll be happy.

I would so love it if the next few chapters following 52 are more comedy. We could see the goofball side of Ed, Winry, Ran Fan, Ling, Al, and Roy in Rush Valley again. That would lighten the mood a bit for possibly very dark chapters to follow.
AA battery
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Sep 16 2005, 01:37 PM)
I believe that for people with... eh.. I think it's called "fonetic languages", those that (more or less) what is written is what you pronounce (examples be Spanish, Japanese, Italian, Basque, German, Catalan...), it's easier, and closer to the original Chinese names, to leave them as Mei, Fu (or Hu, maybe, dunno which one is closer to actual Chinese) and Ran fan.

And, well, don't take this personally happy.gif, I dunno why I'm saying it. Maybe it's just like that I don't like those names, I've just grown accostumed to the other ones, closer to the original. No matter how I look at them, May, Who (Who? Who tongue.gif) and Ran Fun are ugly.

you will get killed by the cow. o_O;

but well, their tradition are similar to Chinese doesn't mean that they ARE Chinese, right? Maybe Arakawa-sensei is trying to create some sort of Japanese/Korean/Chinese combined... Xing language? biggrin.gif

Just so you know, "Lin" is closer to chinese than "Ling". "Ling" actually means "zero" in chinese. Let's not call our 15 yrs baka prince "zero" smile.gif. Correct chinese pinyin for their name = Lan Fong and Fu. (Yao Lin is the closest already). Lan Fong looks ugly too imo smile.gif Fu and Who are pronounced almost the same way so it didn't really matter, actually. (in PG2, Ranfun is written together like this... i dunno why.)

as for chan and chang, they are two different last names. Chang is the correct one in Chinese too. No one in Hagaren has the last name "Chan". If I remember correctly, "Mui" is the correct pinyin for May-chan's name. I prefer May over Mui... "Mei" can be a few other different words but definately not the kanji for May-chan's name. (the most common one would be "pretty".)

(note that those pinyin are the kind that i learned... northern china pinyin. There are over 20 kinds of chinese and i have no clue which one is Arakawa sensei's standard.)
carla
well, i wouldn't know much about chinese but i from a few friends of mine i know the pronunciation is usually pretty different from the way it's written in the occidental alphabet, or at least that's what i've been able to infer (and i have friends who speak all kinds of different chinese dialects, so i guess i can generalize...). i do know, though, that the japanese do pronounce the words exactly how it's written in romaji. so it would make much more sense for the japanese (and to me, because my native language is spanish) to write the name as "mei" instead of "may", even though the two are pronounced similarly in english (and many other languages, if i'm not mistaken?). and then there's "ran fan", which is easier to pronounce than "lan fan"; and "fu" (a "wh" doesn't sound like an "f" in any of the languages i know, so...).

then again, there's always the issue of official spelling of the names, such as hawkeye's name being "riza" and things like that. i usually can't help myself and just stick to the fonetic way to spell it, but in hagaren most of the names are meant to sound anglo-saxon/teutonic or based on other such non-latin occidental languages-- to a japanese "riza" and "liza" sound pretty much the same, but for me "liza" fits much better, even though it's not the official spelling. it makes more sense since her name is more european-sounding, so i keep on using that version of the name.

as for ling, why not call him "zero"? i think it would be kind of ironic to be called that way tongue.gif if only for comic relief. he might be a prince, but he IS totally goofy, too smile.gif

QUOTE(Sensenic)
Oh, and carla, anyway Mei Chan(g)'s 'chan(g)' is her family/clan name, officially stated, not the Japanese word.

yeah, i know that biggrin.gif i used -chan as the suffix, not as the name. because xiao mei obviously wouldn't be thinking of her using both name and surname (seems too impersonal), but in a more... affectionate way... therefore the -chan at the end of her name. same as if he (she? can't remember) were saying "mei, i miss you", but with the added suffix to her name to show how close their relationship is.

QUOTE(GS4Life)
I would so love it if the next few chapters following 52 are more comedy.

oh, i'd love to see some of that, too. though i don't think it's going to happen, at least not anytime soon. there are still a lot funny moments in between all the angst and darkness, though, so it's all good smile.gif

and i don't think anything's going to happen to ling, or well-- at the very least he won't die. yet. the whole "looking for immortality" thing all the xing people have going on has to come to a point before any of them can die. so i'd say ling and mei are safe for the moment.
Keos
@armor-alchemist:

I think it's more likely that the people from the Xing are Chinese and not korean or Japanese. They might be a mix of cultures, though everything to do with their names and the name of their country sounds undeniably Chinese. There's nothing Korean or Japanese sounding about Lan Fan, Mei, Ling, Xing, etc.

On another note, I had no idea there were 20 different types of PinYin you say? huh.gif There may be various dialects in China, though I've never heard of 20 different types of PinYin.... thought Pin Yin was only available for Mandarin.

Just so you know, "Lin" is closer to chinese than "Ling". "Ling" actually means "zero" in chinese. Let's not call our 15 yrs baka prince "zero"

Have we actually seen the Kanji for Ling's name? There are many homonyms in the Chinese language after all tongue.gif
Aoko-chan
I prefer to use Mei over May for some reason.. he he..

And I think Ling & co are mostly chinese based. Since their clothings and everything look more chinese too. AND when he (Ling) explains about Rentanjutsu, there are chinese painting background thingys.
Blitz
I think Xing was based off China, no? Kinda like an alter version mebbe?
Envy's lil' miniskirt
^^I think that's fair to say considering the clothing and names.

I wonder if:

[spoiler]This might be the final battle between Ed and Envy. Ed already said he could purify water from the blood, there's a chance he could freeze Envy to death that way, much the same as Roy did to Lust. Actually, he could just freeze the blood itself I suppose.[/spoiler]

I would be sad if that happened though. Then both of my favorite baddies would be gone from the manga. sad.gif
MasterKris
I definately would say Xing is an alter version of China.... wink.gif
Hikusa Rockgirl X
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Sep 17 2005, 12:27 PM)

I wonder if:

[spoiler]This might be the final battle between Ed and Envy. Ed already said he could purify water from the blood, there's a chance he could freeze Envy to death that way, much the same as Roy did to Lust. Actually, he could just freeze the blood itself I suppose.[/spoiler]

[right][snapback]286835[/snapback][/right]

I tought the same o.o

[spoiler]But I dont want Envy to die o_o actually..
I'm not an Envy fan at all but he's a greaaaaaaat character XD
maybe gluttony could die first (maybe by Father?)... but agh! XD Gluttony is becoming in a some weird way really cute and I dont want him to die soon too XDDD [/spoiler]

Blitz
QUOTE(Envy @ Sep 17 2005, 02:27 PM) [snapback]286835[/snapback]

^^I think that's fair to say considering the clothing and names.

I wonder if:

I would be sad if that happened though. Then both of my favorite baddies would be gone from the manga. sad.gif

You know...you might be right. Good theory.
Envious...
Yes, I can safely say that Xing and its culture isn't based off Korea...

Those Chinese "ninjas" of Lin looks like obvious Japanese influence, unless China had their own brand of "ninjas"...
Dark_Fishie
Yes, China did have their own "ninja"s.
In Chinese "WuXia" (KunfuHero???) stories, master Wushu warriors can run on roofs and walls, use "AnQi" or hidden weapons (mostly darts and poisons), "fly" for short distances (It's actually walking/running on air in order to jump higher), and have loads of secret techniques. Qi (air, spirit, or what westerners have westernized to CHI) is quite important too, as they can heal and attack with it. They can also paralyze enemies with touching specific "XueWei" on their bodies.
In FMA, Ranfan and Fu used hidden weapens, stood on rooftops, and used bombs. Those are all pretty typical moves (yes, they used dust bombs too!). Wushu warriors usually have special abilities (ie digging or swimming underwater for a long time) or are masters at their chosen weapon of choice (sword, axe, etc). Sometimes Wushu warriors are very active, even giving assistance to the Emperor of the time. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but what I get from the word ninja is warriors working mostly at night, while Wushu warriors are sometimes sent to the front lines of the battlefield.
AA battery
Keos: Well, I don't have the japanese PGB2, but the chinese one... and the kanji for Yao Lin's chinese name is DEFINATELY not anywhere close to "zero". (more like wood/forest) ... and sorry, I meant dialect, not pinyin ^^; 20+ dialect...

AS FOR "XIAO" in xiaomei... it's NOT a last name. It's equalvalent to -chan in japanese. (so yea, mei-chan is a correct translation)

and heck, Xing is already obviously based on China, but who said Arakawa-sensei can't alter anything? Don't just start bombing me when I said the possibility of saying that it could also be based on Japanese and Korean! After all, Japanese and Korean WERE based on Chinese. I mean, Arakawa-sensei doesn't have to based everything of Xing on China, right?

... enough with the names x_x Next time I will keep my picky mouth shut.

RocketJess
So, does anyone know what the kanji for the Xingese characters' names mean...?

I think Xing is probably something of a mixture of Asian cultures, even though it's primarily Chinese.

QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Sep 18 2005, 06:08 PM) [snapback]287718[/snapback]
AS FOR "XIAO" in xiaomei... it's NOT a last name. It's equalvalent to -chan in japanese. (so yea, mei-chan is a correct translation)

Actually (if I remember correctly what I learned from Chinese classes at primary school) "xiao" means "small". So Xiaomei = little Mei.
AA battery
QUOTE(RocketJess @ Sep 18 2005, 01:55 AM) [snapback]287736[/snapback]

So, does anyone know what the kanji for the Xingese characters' names mean...?

I think Xing is probably something of a mixture of Asian cultures, even though it's primarily Chinese.

QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Sep 18 2005, 06:08 PM) [snapback]287718[/snapback]

Actually (if I remember correctly what I learned from Chinese classes at primary school) "xiao" means "small". So Xiaomei = little Mei.

Don't argue the "xiao" with me. I am BORN Chinese and I have almost completed high school chinese. It's true that "xiao" means "little", but when you add it to names, it is similar to japanese's "-chan". Even for manga, the japanese... for example, Akane-chan, gets turn into Xiao Akane in chinese.

Edit: well, don't see the kanji of the Xing people's name (I just checked chapter 37 - 40, 45 - 78 raws) But hey, I did find "shaomei" for the panda (That's the romaji for the katakana i found). Shao is somewhat equalvalent to "xiao". (pinyin's shao means "young"... and since there is no "xiao" in japanese, so... yea.)
Is there a scanslation yet? I'm really sorry if there's a link to it I've missed, but it's hard to search through a 13 page thread. Maybe this forum should adopt the policy of having one thread just to post releases and another one for discussion of current chapters. That also helps to prevent people accidentally being spoiled when all they want is a download.
QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 18 2005, 05:16 PM) [snapback]288278[/snapback]

Is there a scanslation yet? I'm really sorry if there's a link to it I've missed, but it's hard to search through a 13 page thread. Maybe this forum should adopt the policy of having one thread just to post releases and another one for discussion of current chapters. That also helps to prevent people accidentally being spoiled when all they want is a download.

Go check the FMA MSN group~! I know it's there, at least...
Here's a good place to get all the chapters if you don't want to bother with the whole live journal and totally pointless password thing,
Link
Blitz
QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 18 2005, 09:18 PM) [snapback]288314[/snapback]

Here's a good place to get all the chapters if you don't want to bother with the whole live journal and totally pointless password thing,
Link

Thank you guest! Chapters are not as big as the ones that you can get if you download from ZOMG Fruit Tree Alchemists, but it's easier than figuring out the passwords. But, it doesn't really matter for me since I'm in the FMA LJ community...
Keos

and heck, Xing is already obviously based on China, but who said Arakawa-sensei can't alter anything? Don't just start bombing me when I said the possibility of saying that it could also be based on Japanese and Korean! After all, Japanese and Korean WERE based on Chinese. I mean, Arakawa-sensei doesn't have to based everything of Xing on China, right?

My thoughts exactly smile.gif I said Xing may be a blend of the Chinese, Japanese and Korean cultures but language and everything definitely speaks Chinese to me.
Aoko-chan
Well, the Language is 99.99 percent sure its based on China... the rest, 90 % sure... especially with the emperial system and clan thing, but then again..my knowledge of Japanand China is LOW
Blitz
QUOTE(Keos @ Sep 19 2005, 12:03 AM) [snapback]288464[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly smile.gif I said Xing may be a blend of the Chinese, Japanese and Korean cultures but language and everything definitely speaks Chinese to me.

Agreed. But, I think it's more heavily influenced on China than the other two countries.
MasterKris
Xing is definately NOT Korea...

I was kinda thinking this... since people keep on saying Japan, China, Korea, whatever, what if it's the alter of whole entire Asia? I know that sounds kinda stupid.... but it might be... I mean, Amestris is alter Europe, so the East of Amestris is Xing, in other words, Asia... or mabye it's just China....
GS4Life
I don't think the alter countries apply to the manga, but Xing is probably based off an Asian country.

Yay It's October 1st which means Star Wars Battle Front 2 is coming out, along with Fire Emblem Path of Raidiance, Smackdown vs RAw 06, and of course chapter 52 of Fullmetal Alchemist! 11 days and counting.
Fullmetal Fangirl
11 days?! well...thats 10 now, but still...wow...YAY!

Fire Emblem?! Hey, I love Fire Emblem! We only have one fire emblem in australia the one with Eliwood...Hector and Lyn pwn all!
Electrastar
I have a question about this chapter, well, what will happen after it I mean....How the heck are they gonna get out of there...and glutonny's gut leads to another dimension simillar to the Gate..... blink.gif talk about having imagination,
animefangirl
QUOTE(Electrastar @ Oct 3 2005, 05:29 PM) [snapback]295627[/snapback]

I have a question about this chapter, well, what will happen after it I mean....How the heck are they gonna get out of there...and glutonny's gut leads to another dimension simillar to the Gate..... blink.gif talk about having imagination,

thats the coolest part of this mamga !
Michiyo-
First time FMA manga readers, please post your thoughts and discussions on chapter 51 here. smile.gif

Those who have already read further chapters are also welcome to join the discussions, but please do not post any future chapter content on this thread.

This thread is Spoiler Party thread for chapter 51 content, meaning, posters do not have to use Spoiler tags while posting about chapter 51 content on this thread. smile.gif

For the reading reference, please send a PM to A Pierrot's Aria and ask for "Reading Reference Assistance for week 46."
(For more detailed explanation on this, please read Tombow's post here.)

Thank you, A Pierrot's Aria, for all your help!! ^^
Michiyo-
reserved for chapter information
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.