Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nintendogs
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Game
ἀρχή
I just love my puppies smile.gif. Anyway, just thought I'd make a topic about one of my favorite games. I bought a DS because I have a 40 minute ride on the commuter rail and needed something to do other than read. Ever since I got nintendogs, my commute has been a lot more fun. It's the perfect game for me and my needs. Now the only game I really care about getting is Harvest Moon Sprite Station, but I've got to wait for the US release sad.gif.
Zarpia
I still can get a Nintendogs yet >.< maybe i'll get it next week, I whent to Bestbuy and saw the game in display so I was just playing with this cute poppy, I got attach to it really quick...didn't want to leave the store.
What breed did you got?

Harvest moon game's are always fun, but the one that I'm waithing for more for the DS is Animal Crossing DS^^
ἀρχή
QUOTE(zarpia @ Sep 4 2005, 08:43 PM)
I still can get a Nintendogs yet >.< maybe i'll get it next week, I whent to Bestbuy and saw the game in display so I was just playing with this cute poppy, I got attach to it really quick...didn't want to leave the store.
What breed did you got?

Harvest moon game's are always fun, but the one that I'm waithing for more for the DS is Animal Crossing DS^^
[right][snapback]274062[/snapback][/right]

I never got into Animal Crossing, so I doubt I'll bother with it when it comes out.

I've got a mini schnauzer (kelsey); a corgi (lacey); yellow lab (tucker); and a shiba Inu (chiyo) (obviously I got Lab and Friends version)

They're so much fun to walk and play with. It's even better when you can win contests with them and just take good care of them.
shogunskey
i love my puppies, ive got three, a begal and a dachound and a shiba inu
halomasta
I see no point in that game. Its pointless, just like those Harvest Moon games
ed's numbuh 1 fan
they are cute and i want one so bad but not only do i not have a nintendo DS but i can't get it anyway sad.gif
ἀρχή
QUOTE(halomasta @ Sep 7 2005, 07:07 PM)
[right][snapback]277454[/snapback][/right]

Actually they are open ended games that require patience and a long attention span to enjoy. For me, many games get boring because they are too goal oriented. There is value in process thinking and games like Harvest Moon and Nintendogs are process oriented games.
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(arche @ Sep 9 2005, 04:33 AM)

Actually they are open ended games that require patience and a long attention span to enjoy. For me, many games get boring because they are too goal oriented. There is value in process thinking and games like Harvest Moon and Nintendogs are process oriented games.
[right][snapback]279146[/snapback][/right]

i agree smile.gif

personly i like harvest moon it's pretty fun but it gets boring after awhile dry.gif
animefangirl
wanna get that game bad but i dont have the money
WhiteMike
im still really reluctant to buy the DS. I just don't know if it will be worth it...
Maes-Hughes
QUOTE(WhiteMike @ Sep 14 2005, 06:20 PM)
im still really reluctant to buy the DS.  I just don't know if it will be worth it...
[right][snapback]284473[/snapback][/right]

well, i say if you like mario definetly buy the DS, if you have any neighbors or friends that have the DS get it, and i like nintendogs im thinking of getting me one, after i get Full Metal Alchemist 2 Curse of the Crimison Exilier tho tongue.gif
WhiteMike
QUOTE(Maes-Hughes @ Sep 14 2005, 09:40 PM)
QUOTE(WhiteMike @ Sep 14 2005, 06:20 PM)
im still really reluctant to buy the DS.  I just don't know if it will be worth it...
[right][snapback]284473[/snapback][/right]

well, i say if you like mario definetly buy the DS, if you have any neighbors or friends that have the DS get it, and i like nintendogs im thinking of getting me one, after i get Full Metal Alchemist 2 Curse of the Crimison Exilier tho tongue.gif
[right][snapback]284538[/snapback][/right]

Hmmm... maybe I'll get it, Im still not sure though...
Chibi-Usa
I seriously think that the companies are running out of ideas for games when they make games like this.Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike the game, I just think they could be more creative.
ἀρχή
QUOTE(Chibi-Usa @ Sep 30 2005, 09:10 PM) [snapback]294718[/snapback]

I seriously think that the companies are running out of ideas for games when they make games like this.Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike the game, I just think they could be more creative.

I consider this game to be one of the most original games out there especially with regards to interface. It's been done before with other pet sims, but this one is the king of pet sims. I still play it every day and look forward to taking care of my dogs smile.gif.
CursedAnubis
I love my Nintendogs... unfortunately with my hectic highschool schedule, I am not able to play everyday sad.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(halomasta @ Sep 7 2005, 08:07 PM) [snapback]277454[/snapback]

Uh huh... and Halo isn't pointless. rolleyes.gif

Chibi-Usa
QUOTE(arche @ Sep 30 2005, 11:37 PM) [snapback]294774[/snapback]

QUOTE(Chibi-Usa @ Sep 30 2005, 09:10 PM) [snapback]294718[/snapback]

I consider this game to be one of the most original games out there especially with regards to interface. It's been done before with other pet sims, but this one is the king of pet sims. I still play it every day and look forward to taking care of my dogs smile.gif.

If you say so
Gato Gurl914
i played a demo of this in the store! i fell in love with the lab puppy. i might just end up getting a DS after all.
animefangirl
i finally got the game but my brother wont let me play his ds
Zarpia
That is so uncool of your brother>>
halomasta
QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Oct 1 2005, 10:55 AM) [snapback]294869[/snapback]

Halo has alot more than Nintendogs.
Plot
People
Aliens
Guns
Difficulty levels
Vs.

MagmaAlchemist
After a while the HM games do get boring, only to find myself picking them back up a month or 2 later...I'm addicted...I can't wait for Christmas so I can get Nintendogs!!!! smile.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(halomasta @ Oct 8 2005, 07:47 PM) [snapback]297547[/snapback]

Plot
People
Aliens
Guns
Difficulty levels
Vs.

...And? Does that mean that it has a point?
ἀρχή

Plot
People
Aliens
Guns
Difficulty levels
Vs.

Halo is a variation on a theme. How many shooters have built up to Halo? It may be good for those who like the genre, but I could care less for the genre. I find it shooters to be extremely boring without anything to catch my interest.

I'm still very happy with my nintendogs and it has more than paid for itself in entertainment value smile.gif.
halomasta
QUOTE(arche @ Oct 10 2005, 04:26 PM) [snapback]298331[/snapback]

Plot
People
Aliens
Guns
Difficulty levels
Vs.

Halo is a variation on a theme. How many shooters have built up to Halo? It may be good for those who like the genre, but I could care less for the genre. I find it shooters to be extremely boring without anything to catch my interest.

I'm still very happy with my nintendogs and it has more than paid for itself in entertainment value smile.gif .

Uh, All you do is play with a friggin' dog, I dont see anything that is entertaining about walkin', playin' and doing that tournament thing with a dog that has to poop every 10 seconds mad.gif

ἀρχή
QUOTE(halomasta @ Oct 14 2005, 08:16 PM) [snapback]300417[/snapback]

Uh, All you do is play with a friggin' dog, I dont see anything that is entertaining about walkin', playin' and doing that tournament thing with a dog that has to poop every 10 seconds mad.gif

Well, I've been playing it since it came out and I'm still happy with the game. I still enjoy the dog's personalities as they interact with each other and their toys smile.gif
Dingbat
It's a better version of Tamagotchi! I saw the gamestore clerk playing this and now I often ask her if I can play during my visit there XD The dogs are awfully adorable!

true that this game does not offer hardcore challenge, daring fights and whatnot. It's pretty much a relaxation game... and to practice your skill with the canine kind. Who the hell cares if it has no plot, no enemy, no difficulty, etc? If you don't like it, leave it.
definingmind
QUOTE(halomasta @ Oct 14 2005, 06:01 PM) [snapback]300417[/snapback]

QUOTE(arche @ Oct 10 2005, 04:26 PM) [snapback]298331[/snapback]

Plot
People
Aliens
Guns
Difficulty levels
Vs.

I'm still very happy with my nintendogs and it has more than paid for itself in entertainment value smile.gif .

Alright, so you don't like it. That's cool, it's your opinion. We'll respect as you respect theirs.
Personally, I think the concept behind it is pretty neat, but I'd have ot pass on it. I don't own a DS (and probbly won't for a while ^^; ) But again, it looks interesting.
Mr G
well it is somewhat unfair to compare the two games seeing as they are completely different but i do prefer nintendogs as the story in halo 2 is kinda weak the only thing i find its good for is the online multiplayer which i find hard cause i dont like the controller but each to thier own i suppose
I am Aku
This game seems to target Girls rather than boys.
please dont hurt me
i have never played that game but the way some of you talk about it i might start playing it.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(I am Aku @ Dec 8 2005, 07:06 PM) [snapback]326374[/snapback]

This game seems to target Girls rather than boys.

Seems pretty gender-neutral to me. I never thought pet ownership, albeit electronic, was a gender-specific thing.
Ailuro
I've played that before. One of my friends took it to Studio Art with her and told me to play it. Why she wanted me to, I don't know. But anyway, I got a bit frustrated with it; I had no idea how to do anything. But I bet if I actually knew what I was doing I'd like it a lot more. tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.