Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who Is Your Favorite Actor? And, Why?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Movies, TV Shows, & Other Videos
Pages: 1, 2
WhiteMike
Hopefully this topic isn't closed, but actors are one of the 3 important things for every successful movie or tv show.
My favorite actor: Johnny Depp
Why?: Has some of the most diverse roles in movies and plays them all amazingly. Still is down-to-earth after all his fame, and is getting better and better as time goes on.
Honourable Mentions: Coming soon...
Carnal Malefactor
I know it's a trite answer, but Tom Hanks.
Ronaldo Rodregez
Will Farrel. The man makes a mean laugh-sandwhich.
Zarpia
Johnny Depp (but i didn't like him that much in CF movie)
chocolate_eds_everywhere
Hey this is my first post but my favorite actor has got to be between jim carry(idk how to spell his last name:D) johnny depp, and orlando bloom. i love jim cause he is funny,
i love johnny depp cause he can play anybody and its great, i love orlando cause he is HOT. tongue.gif wub.gif
NightMistress
Well, I guess I'll jump in line myself and say Johnny Depp. I have been a fan of his every since I was a kid. He always goes for the different roles and he does them so well. From Edward Scissorhands to Captain Jack Sparrow to Willy Wonka. This is truly his calling and I admire him a whole lot for it. Of course, he is a nice piece of eye candy to boot, but it really does go beyond that. He has given a lot to this business and is still giving which I find awesome. He is influencing these younger actors too. I remember Orlando Bloom talking about how Johnny's acting forced him to bring more out of himself on the set. That tells me he's doing something right. If Johnny stopped acting now, you could look at his list of movies and go "man, what a hell of a career!"

Another actor I admire is Leonardo DiCaprio. After "What's Eating Gilbert Grape" (another movie Johnny was in a did a great job), I still have not seen someone capable of being SO believable as a person with downs syndrome.
Saturn Stars
I agree my favourite actor is Johnny Depp by far, he is so creative an mysterious and as you said nightmistress always goes for different roles and does a great interpretation of role that have been done.

Edward Sicssor hands was just beautiful
WhiteMike
I'm glad so many people love Mr. Depp.
Laffe
Tom Hanks.. he pwnz
Slashrose1010
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Sep 4 2005, 12:24 PM)
I know it's a trite answer, but Tom Hanks.

I had an urge to burn every copy of Sleepless in Seattle after seeing it. I don't think even chicks like that movie. It reminded me of the later You've Got Mail, but worse.

I like Depp like so many others, but I am not sure if I even have a favorite actor/actress. I just don't... watch movies that often to be honest.
Carnal Malefactor
Ahem... Those two movies, plus Terminal notwithstanding, Hanks is a great actor with a great body of work!
Riza Babe
OMG!! Tom hanks!!!

I love the movie
-Cast away
-You got mail
-Green mile
-The terminal
-Forest Gump

lol But Johnny Depp Owns!!! biggrin.gif I love Pirate of the Carribean! biggrin.gif
Kyros
Depp is the coolest evar d00d. He's the man. I wanna see what he does in the next two pirates of the caribbean movies. They better make good sequels, unlike Star Wars I-III.

...and by the way Riza Babe, what about Forest Gump?!
Riza Babe
Oh yeah!!! That movie owned too!!!
Smoke Alchemist
Kate winslett and Johnny Depp.
Ronaldo Rodregez
I change mine to Sam Waterson. No reason needed.
caerulcis
seems like Johnny Depp is the most popular so far. my favorite actor is John Travolta. he played in some of my favorite movies (Pulp Fiction, Broken Arrow and Face/Off). not really any other reason. he's just da man.
candymakeudandy
Will Smith ftw!! cus he's mad funny smile.gif
Popogeejo
Don't really have a fav but Samuel L Jackson kicks mighty ammounts of ass.
Zarpia
Karl Urban >3
Vash_the_Gunslinger
Tom Hanks has a lot of great movies under his belt. I think his the actor that deserves $20 million per film.
hanzo
Ben Stiller... He can be a good main character and a good villain laugh.gif
Emerald Alchemist
Adam Sandler... Soooo funny. biggrin.gif
Sin Of Envy
Tom Hanks, thanks to him Terminal is one of my favorite movies...
Galorfilinde
I'd have to say Johnny Depp. He's played so many different characters, and made every single one convincing, and real. From the world's greatest lover to a weird chocolateer, a caring brother to a corrupt cia agent, he has it all!
Fayth Prophecy
I have a lot of favorite actor's, including Johnny Depp, Tom Cruise, Keanu Reeves, George Clooney, Orlando Bloom, Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Steve Burton, David Boraneaz, and John Travolta.

Johnny due to the character makeup that he wears. You can hardly tell it's him. I mean, look at Edward Scissorhands and then look at Pirates of the Carribean. The makeup is different, true, but you would really have to listen to him to know that it's the same person.
Tom, just cuz. He's a great actor.
Keanu. I've loved him since I saw him in Speed. Then in the Matrix, I loved him more. He's great for these action movies.
George, on the other hand is my favoritist actor ever. -Favoritist is my word of the day.- In Dusk Til Dawn, he played a great role. Syriana was a bit better. I just love that he's able to mold into any role.
Orlando Bloom. I loved him more as Legolas than that of Will Turner, but he's still a great actor.
Bruce Lee will forever be one of the greatest action movie stars ever, along with Jackie Chan.
Steve Burton is a great voice for Cloud Strife, but how many of you actually knew that Steve here is actually a real actor? Yep. He's on one of my mother's soap operas, and plays a former mobster.
David Boreanaz. I love the recent show he's in. Bones is a great show, and he did a splendid job with Angel, and voicing Leon (Squall) on KH 1.
John Travolta was a good actor in Grease and Saturday Night Fever. Other than that, I don't really care.
~~~
Sorry if I freak a lot of you out by going into deep detail about Johnny Depp and such. I'm a Theatre student in High School, so I'm pretty much getting into the details^^
55th_animalalchemist
I have more than one I think first on the list is Christopher Reeves he played very well Superman and Clark Kent , he made me laugh and still make me have fun thanks to the Clark character.And because since I have memory he is my favorite actor.

Them, Tom Hanks (I like all the movies he is in), Clint Eastwood in the italian westerns and that glare , Sean Penn for Mistyc River, and Jason Wiles he as Maurice"Bosco" Boscorelli on Third Watch (NBC) Bosco in a minute to another made you laugh ,cry, wants to kill him. Jason was very good playing that chacarter.
I am the Only sister Elric
GGGGGAAAHHHH! You can't beat that awesome Mattew Broderick!!! LOVE HIM! I liked his most recent "The Producers". let me tell you if you are in the mood for a dirty movie (and funny) Watch that!!! wub.gif
Well i also like Vic mignaga
trecia
johnny depp is the best. you could say he's - very flexible... laugh.gif and he usually takes on the weirdest roles....
i also like frankie muniz, tom cruise, rowan atkinson from mr.bean, adan sandler, marlon wayans from white chicks.... laugh.gif
ScarMySoul
I quite like David Duchovny.

He was one of the reasons I was addicted to The X-files.
Vampire Alchemist
Johnny Depp is sweet.
Master Kakashi
Definately Johnny Depp and Orlando bloom.
Kiara Nightley to.
Pirates of the Carribean made sure of that.
Popogeejo
Keira can't act to save her nicely curved ass. All she is is eye candy (low fat candy ofcourse). Orlando is pretty much the same but without the ass refrence.
You just stick him and Keira in a cotume and let a more charismatic person carry the film.
Chibka
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Jul 29 2006, 12:09 PM) [snapback]427095[/snapback]

Keira can't act to save her nicely curved ass. All she is is eye candy (low fat candy ofcourse). Orlando is pretty much the same but without the ass refrence.
You just stick him and Keira in a cotume and let a more charismatic person carry the film.

Oddly enough... I agree with that analysis...
Panda_Battle
QUOTE(WhiteMike @ Sep 4 2005, 08:11 AM) [snapback]273396[/snapback]

Hopefully this topic isn't closed, but actors are one of the 3 important things for every successful movie or tv show.
Why?: Has some of the most diverse roles in movies and plays them all amazingly. Still is down-to-earth after all his fame, and is getting better and better as time goes on.

i don't have a favorite actor but i do have a favorite tv character and it's stewie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RizaXRoy
My favourite characters are Jessica Alba and Sarah Michelle Gellar!They are so pretty and sweet!
DarkHaze
Tom Hanks
Packy
Hmm... As far as voice actor, i'd have to say Quinton Flynn (Reno from AC and Axel from KH2 incase anyone is wondering), but as far as favorite actor-actor... Maybe Dennis Quaid in Dragonheart...
chrissymorgan
QUOTE(WhiteMike @ Sep 4 2005, 08:11 AM) [snapback]273396[/snapback]

I couldn't have said this better myself... of ALL the actors, well... the ones that are half-way decent anyway, Johnny over-shadows EVERY single one of them. I completely agree with what the original poster said about this actor.
DantElric
Johnny Depp's good! biggrin.gif

David Spade makes me laugh. blink.gif Or...maybe just his voice.
Metal-Sol
Jonny Knoxvile(dont know if i spelled right)....hes cool and funny...i also like Jackass and both its movies

But from a more serious perspective it would be Tom Hanks!!!
Razzy
My favorite actor is JOHNNY DEPP!!!!!(yay!) smile.gif
He's so cool in Pirates of the Caribbean, and he's awesome in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I also love his voice acting as Victor in Corpse Bride biggrin.gif
Cutie Ed Lovr
Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp my two favorites!!!
Hanozo
*forgotten name* Hes Foreman in the tv series House and I like his acting when he was like dying and he was creepy o_o
joanne45
Here's my list...
Johnny Depp - hey who cares...he's a finest and funniest actors
Tom Hanks - same as Johnny
Scarlett Johansson - luv her lips, her brain, her kidney...
Ralph Fiennes - the sexiest British actor on the planet
Natalie Portman - I luv when she did a gangster rap on Saturday Night Live
Damian Lewis - the sexiest redhaired British actor on the planet
Ewan McGregor - the sexiest Scottish actor on the planet
Christian Bale - the sexiest Welsh actor on the planet
Kiera Knightley - what can I say....I luv her in POTC
Jessica Biel - same as Scarlett
Charlize Theron - yup! She damned serious and sexiest actress
Zach Braff - Woody Allen of the 21st century
Cate Blanchett - brilliant actress from Down Under
Colin Firth - the second sexiest British actor on the planet
Rachel McAdams - greeeat Canadian kisser
Ioan Gruffudd - the second sexiest Welsh actor on the planet
Orlando Bloom - one hottie elf/pirate
Elijah Wood - one hottie Hobbit

All I can say...they're all brilliant as hell...
....er...shall I add more? rolleyes.gif
Funderful
Woah. Johnny Fans! Yay!

Johnny Depp is my favourite actor.
Pirates, Edward Scissorhands, Finding Neverland.
He's really good at his proffesion, plus he's freaking hilarious. happy.gif
Carnal Malefactor
It's official. Women value looks over talent.
Popogeejo
Johnny Depp is an okay actor. Best actor in those Pirate films.
He's not untalented, he just lacks range.
Carnal Malefactor
I have no problem with Depp as an actor. I just think it's amusing that he's almost a unanimous choice in this poll among women.

Funny how noone answers Mel Gibson anymore, even though he's a tremendous actor... batshit insane, sure, but a titan on screen.
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Void @ Oct 27 2006, 11:25 PM) [snapback]466845[/snapback]

I have no problem with Depp as an actor. I just think it's amusing that he's almost a unanimous choice in this poll among women.

But if they're going by looks wouldn't Jude Law, Orlando "should only played Legolas then died" Bloom or some other knob like that be winning?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.