Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Much Do You Spend On Fma Merchandise ?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1)
Pages: 1, 2
Winry_Rockbell_
<Moved the thread from FMA Anime American Viewers sub-forum to FMA Anime forum section front. 02/19/07 ~Tombow>

I know I spend about $20 something on the dvds, but I know that there a people that are on ebay that buy the studio sketches for alot of money.

So I was wondering what was the most someone spent on FMA.
Reika
^^U I must have spent in total about... 250 or 300 or more...
Odysseus
So far.... something like 80 dollars. But I'm eyeing that State Alchemist Watch on eBay..... happy.gif
Winry_Rockbell_
yeah ebay doses have alot of the watches (thought about geting one myself happy.gif ) I think on ebay I spent like $ 150 something on a storyboard from ep 23, I think it was worth it.
Reika
ebay must be some criminal complot to make us lose our money, some kind of Mafia, everytime I visit it I finish spending lots of money >.< XDDD
Maes-Hughes
lets see ive spent about 400+ dollars already hoping to get more money to buy smile.gif
Odysseus
Everytime I go to eBay I can never find any of those storyboards, cel arts, or anything...... *sigh*.
KILLjoy
hehehe.... i just got my watch yesterday..... also i got a shirt a while ago.... sooo... about 40 bucks! also if you get a watch look for the one that looks exactaly like the one from the show..... that means if you dont know what it looks like on the inside watch ep. 17! also the watch is grerat!!! me like it biggrin.gif
Maes-Hughes
Actual Pocket Watch Should Say
Dont Forget 3. Oct. 10

No quotation marks, and its NOT oct. 11

Edit: so far there are NO pocket watches that look exactly like the show.
Reika
well, actually there are two watches, one based on the manga and the other on the anime. I can't recall where was it exactly, but in one they burnt their house in Oct. 11 (I think it was the manga) and in the other in Oct. 10. That would explain that. At first I was confused too and I thought I bought some defective one XDDD
Maes-Hughes
well ya the manga is oct 11, as it explains in my little "postcard" i got with my watch, and oct 10 is the anime series. but make sure it is ingraved, it has NO quotation marks
TheVileOne
Well I've bought all the DVD sets so far, including the metal tin DVD holder. I just got volume 3 of the manga today, so with all 3 volumes that's about $35 dollars right there. Plus the action figures, and the trading arts figurines.

So I'd say I've spent close to $200 on FMA merchandise.

Worth every penny of it smile.gif .
Glam
I spent...money on 4 dvds, 2 mangas, 2 shirts, 1 poster, 1 calendar, 4 keychains, and alot more xP So thats like 100+ dollars >.> I should really save up my money xP Eh...most of the money I spent on was my b-day money anyways =S also TheVileOne where did you get Volume 3? Barnes and Nobles? Cause if that's the case...I'm so going there today xP
Reika
*sigh*.. lucky you... the manga hasn't been released in spain yet T^T >.< Panini bought the rights and is trying to sell them at a sooo high prize! We'll have to wait and pay more than expected
lialiakicks
Hm...

I spent about $80+ on FMA swag. Alot of it was either on sale, from conventions, or free! ^^;
the_lightning_alchemist10
Let's see, I must have spent about $60 because I get a lot of my stuff as gifts, on sale, or at cons.
Winry_Rockbell_
I think the reason I spend a lot is on shiping and handling. Sadly I live in a town that dosen't have alot of anime stuff, so I do most of my shopping online and ebay.
TheVileOne
QUOTE(Glam @ Sep 1 2005, 09:02 PM)
I spent...money on 4 dvds, 2 mangas, 2 shirts, 1 poster, 1 calendar, 4 keychains, and alot more xP So thats like 100+ dollars >.> I should really save up my money xP  Eh...most of the money I spent on was my b-day money anyways =S also TheVileOne where did you get Volume 3?  Barnes and Nobles?  Cause if that's the case...I'm so  going there today xP
[right][snapback]270267[/snapback][/right]

I got it at my local comic shop in Austin. They have a pretty good manga selection.
Miniskirt
I didn't expent so much T_T I don't have money... about... mmm... like... 50 dollars or so?? yeah, I thinkg so XD
DemonicFlare-Alchemist
Well dvds don't come cheap in the stores where I live except Hot Topic. But, I spend over $100 for FMA dvds off the rack. Mostly I'm wasting this money because my mom won't buy the dvds off the internet.
chocolate_eds_everywhere
ya hot topic is were i go for all of my anime stuff. really its the only place for. thank
god for hot topic. well i don't know about thank god cause its a pretty gothic kinda store
biggrin.gif tongue.gif
Fullmetal Fugazi
lets see.......so far I've spent....hmmm.....just about $100.00 on FMA stuff, but that will change on Tuesday tongue.gif
For me it'll change tomorrow. I'm going to a mega-japanese place, with all kinds of anime junk.
fullmetal_4eva
Hm, well I've probably spent about $210 just on FMA.
Wow, thank god people just give me my stuff.
fullmetal_4eva
*stares at floor* I'm ashamed I spent so much, my parents would will me if they knew rolleyes.gif
Well I can't blame ya. It is FMA we're taking about here. People just hand me stuff randomly.
IE: Person: "Hey, you like this show right?" *points to a little Al keychain*
Me: "Ya so?"
Person: "Here have it." *shoves into hands*
Me: "Oh, I couldn't."
Person: *gives an evil stare* "Take it."
Me: "Okay." *trembles with fear*
fullmetal_4eva
QUOTE(the_lightning_alchemist10 @ Sep 16 2005, 08:13 PM)
Well I can't blame ya. It is FMA we're taking about here. People just hand me stuff randomly.
IE: Person: "Hey, you like this show right?" *points to a little Al keychain*
Me: "Ya so?"
Person: "Here have it." *shoves into hands*
Me: "Oh, I couldn't."
Person: *gives an evil stare* "Take it."
Me: "Okay." *trembles with fear*
[right][snapback]286400[/snapback][/right]

Lucky dry.gif None of my friends like FMA or anime in general so.... sad.gif
Scar72
I've probably spent around $50.00 altogether. smile.gif
I am back!!! I now spent over $150. I finally found the Al plushie!!!! Hooray!!!!
fmafan16
7 volumes of DVD's
5 volumes of manga
4 fullmetal alchemist action figures

which is about..... 284 dollars
Smoke Alchemist
I bought a key chain once. Let's say about $5.95?
WinryRiza
Hello! smile.gif

I really am not sure how much I have spent on FMA stuff. I have all the DVDs and both tins. I also have a calendar. I would like to know if any one knows about the new FMA action figures. The figures include Ed, Al, Lust, and Gluttony. Does anyone have pictures of them or know when they will come out?
Full Metal Elf
7 DVDs, 5 Manga, 3 t-shirts, 2 sweat-shirts, Art Book....

Ok..a lot of money...i'm not counting...hehehe
fmafan16
QUOTE(WinryRiza @ Feb 3 2006, 11:33 PM) [snapback]346512[/snapback]

Hello! smile.gif

I really am not sure how much I have spent on FMA stuff. I have all the DVDs and both tins. I also have a calendar. I would like to know if any one knows about the new FMA action figures. The figures include Ed, Al, Lust, and Gluttony. Does anyone have pictures of them or know when they will come out?

I'm not sure about that particular set that you mentioned, but the set that I have includes Ed, King Bradley, Lust, and Envy, and thery are about 6 dollars a piece, sorry I can't help you with the pics sad.gif
Fullmetal_vs_Flame
Erm...I got a Roy keychain, a Winry Keychain, a shirt, a flamel necklace, DVD #6, FMA 2 for the PS2, FMA iPod cases, and flamel shoes. that's....a lot. I'm also buying the pocket watch and a wallet.
deadeye402
$0. Unless you count $15 a month for Netflix, but I would be paying that whether I got FMA DVDs with it or not.
Tombow
I'm moving this thread from FMA anime American Viewers sub-forum to FMA anime forum section front. smile.gif
Naivete
11 FMA manga volumes, [1 artbook, Roy keyring, 2 Ed keyrings, 2 posters and some random FMA movie box set]<-- gifts.

No idea how much altogether but everything that's not a gift (the manga) cost about AUS$148. It'd be so much more if I decided to buy the anime blink.gif
Nepharski
I only spend money on the Mangas and Anime DVDs, maybe a guidebook here and there. For the most part, I'm preturbed by the level of crass commerialism and general "Whoring out" of the FMA Anime.
Indignant Judgment
I would spend the majority of the money I have to it but I can't find any stores that have them ;.;
Alchemical
Hmm, decided to edit because I want to try and finger out how much I've spent in a rough estimate...

Anime volumes 1-13 + Special Edition movie + OVAs = about $270
Manga volumes 1-12 (that's all that's been released so far) = $130 (tax and stuffXD)
Two art books = $40
Ed Cosplay outfit/Pocket Watch = $130 (I was amazed I got it that cheap, and it was never before wornOo)
Ed, Roy, Al, Winry, and home-made Riza plushies = $40 (great deal at AWA2006!)
13 wallscrolls, posters, and calenders = $120 (those wallscrolls are so freakin' expensive!><)
My FMA Keychain collection consisting of 47 keychains so far = $20 (most were gifts, the rest were pretty easy to get on Ebay for only a few cents or dollarsXD)
Magazines = $200+ O___o
Lotsa other stuff (necklaces, figures, T-shirts, CDs, ect...) = $500+

Total to date: about $1450...O____o And more to add! X3
Nekokitty
I spend most of my allowence on FMA merchandise.
I have all the manga volumes (in Japanese & English), 4 artbooks, 3 guidebooks, first two DVDs, COS Special edition, plus an Ed plushie & Roy, Ed, Al keychains.
And I recently caved in and bought the 2007 Japanese calender.
CodenameElizabeth
I don't own an incredible amount of FMA stuff.
(My .hack//COLLECTION puts it to SHAME.)

Let's see...

Well, I DO insist on owning all of the (English) manga volumes... but that's money spent over a long period of time, so therefore not too painful.

I also bought two artbooks. For cosplay references and stuff.

My one friend got me this HUGE wall-tapestry-thing of Mustang and Hughes for Christmas this past year (it's hella sweet, but I have NO IDEA where to put it...)

And some guy in the dealers' room at a random anime con gave me a little figure of Winry because it was the last one he had and it wasn't selling, or something.

Now, if I went into how much money I put into my FMA cosplay over the past year, I'd probably want to put a bullet into my head! laugh.gif
(Commissioned costumes look GREAT, but are expensive as hell. If you are as nitpicky as I am, that is...)
Elric13
Well. I'll add up:

Complete Fullmetal Box (has episodes 1-51) : $50

A small Mustang key-chain : $4 (about)

And I once bought a pendant with the snake-cross logo. : $8 (about)

So, about a total of $64.
Astria
Thanks to the real lack of FMA merchandise available in the UK (other than the DVDs and manga), mine totals as one DVD (18), and about 15 on a t-shirt. It's a nice one, though, and I justify it because its the first fandom-related piece of clothing I own. I am a little put out that the DVD doesn't sound quite right on the TV. I think its the sound settings on the DVD-player. Or at least I hope it is....
Ratzenheich FMA Super fan
So far I have the following:

Fullmetal Alchemist The Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa Limited Edition DVD (English, Funimation dub)
Some FMA posters

I'm still working my way to get Volumes 1 to 13 of the FMA series, the Funimation version. But it's going to cost me around $250. sad.gif My parents are gonna kill me if they find out I spend that much money on the Fullmetal Alchemist series. But it's a long way to go. Can't worry about that yet.
PUKE
lol. I used to spend quite a bit of money for FMA dvds. I just grew out of FMA so I just sold them at a cheaper price (much more cheaper than what I paid).

However, when I'm obsessed, I usually get as much merchandise as possible. :p
Xurma
0 dollars sleep.gif
arianna
um a little more then 45 dollars. 20 on the edward plushie, 10 or so (i forget exactly) on the movie. 10 on volume 1 of the manga (im getting the rest from the library, because the manga's are WAY overpriced) and about 5 on a chibi ed patch to put on my band coat happy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.