Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Most Irritating [but Not Useless] Character[s]
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Carnal Malefactor
Gotta be Orihime from Bleach. She's totally braindead [even more so than Wrath], talks and acts like a putz, and those stupid fairies she summons are just too over-the-top cutesy. Plus, she's the object of a bunch of totally clichéd and unfunny boob jokes. I think I'd enjoy this series a whole lot more if she wasn't in it. The plot probably wouldn't lose anything without her parts.
edsgirl
I gotta second that! But I hear that she's going to be a stronger character later in the story.

Yuka - Elfen Lied
Lavie- Last Exile
Sakura- Naruto Even though she kicks ass in the manga right now, she started out pretty useless.
Shippo- Inuyasha
Serena- Sailor Moon
Nayuki - Kanon
Tiki- Gene Shaft
animejunkie429800
I have to really agree with Bacon about Orhime, but she gets stronger later. biggrin.gif

Sakura-Naruto
Fai-Tsubasa
Mokona-Tsubasa
Mokona-xxxholic
Shippo-Inuyasha

(there's probably more)
Carnal Malefactor
Unless she suddenly grows a brain, I don't see how Orihime could possibly cease to be annoying.
Riza Babe
I hate her little fairy people O_O I mean come on they can heal.. thats Bs! and her BS shield!
animejunkie429800
Her fairy people's name are really retarded. O.o

They're names of flowers god*mmit!
Slashrose1010
I third the Orihime and Sakura votes. Shippo and Yuka were pretty annoying as well.

Edo Elric and Wrath (Al sometimes too)
Emishi - He wasn't funny at all. Possibly one of the worst anime pervs ever.
Misty from Pokemon...I just never liked her.
Tea - She was completely useless and never did anything besides cheer and sucked at dueling.
Oh yeah, and Winry
animejunkie429800
@Slash:

How is Edo-kun annoying? O.o
Carnal Malefactor
Just, uh... make sure you don't get annoying [but important] characters confused with useless characters. Shippo is most definitely both annoying and useless. tongue.gif
You could definitely make the case that Yuka is, too.

I should add Megumi from RahXephon. Way too clingy.
QUOTE(animejunkie429800 @ Aug 31 2005, 12:51 PM)
@Slash:

[snapback]269277[/snapback]

He's annoying to look at! Way too feminine looking.
Slashrose1010
@Slash:

Because, he is a loud mouth and isn't funny... ever. And he punches [spoiler]Hikari no Hohenheim[/spoiler] in the face mad.gif He also [spoiler]Kills Sloth, which is necessary but still. Also, he had to go and be a dumbass and toss the locket with Lust's hair at her and later caused Wrath to be able to kill her[/spoiler]
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(animejunkie429800 @ Aug 31 2005, 10:01 AM)
I have to really agree with Bacon about Orhime, but she gets stronger later. biggrin.gif

Sakura-Naruto
Fai-Tsubasa
Mokona-Tsubasa
Mokona-xxxholic
Shippo-Inuyasha

(there's probably more)
[snapback]269203[/snapback]

Don't you like Mokona?

Samurai 7- kirara
animejunkie429800
QUOTE(Coffee)
Don't you like Mokona?

Yup, but he's kinda useless.... all he does is follow Fai, and makes them travel to worlds....
mongooseboi
i cant say orihime is useless because orihimeXichigo is what i wait for each episode. sadly, i highly doubt bleach will even look into that direction.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Aug 31 2005, 09:58 AM)
@Slash:

Because, he is a loud mouth and isn't funny... ever. And he punches [spoiler]Hikari no Hohenheim[/spoiler] in the face mad.gif He also [spoiler]Kills Sloth, which is necessary but still. Also, he had to go and be a dumbass and toss the locket with Lust's hair at her and later caused Wrath to be able to kill her[/spoiler]
[snapback]269290[/snapback]

I agree with spoiler space #1. That guy needed to be punched in my oppinion. And yeah the whole locket thing pissed me off. mad.gif
Slashrose1010
Noo, I like 'him'. He did not need to be punched. I am glad someone else is miffed off about the locket thing. I was glad with the whole [spoiler]Ed vs. Zeppelin fiasco[/spoiler] tongue.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(mongooseboi @ Aug 31 2005, 07:04 PM)
i cant say orihime is useless because orihimeXichigo is what i wait for each episode. sadly, i highly doubt bleach will even look into that direction.
[snapback]269625[/snapback]

that's just... dumb.
the sellout
So I am not the only one that really dislike Orihime? Good! I also have to agree that her power is extremely stupid. Everybody keeps saying how she's gonna become more powerful and such, but I really hope she doesn't because that would just add up to her annoying perfectness! Haven't you noticed? She's just P-E-R-F-E-C-T! Everybody loves her, the resident lesbian has a big crush on her, she has a golden heart, she has the ability to cure like a vice-captain, we are told just how amazing her powers are every.. single pannel (or scene), etc. Thank God Ichigo doesn't really notice her (as a romantic interest, that's it!), and hopefully he won't ever do it.

Manga spoilers:
[SPOILER]Like I said in another theater, I hope Rukia comes back soon! I'll hate to see Orihime become the main female character. In fact, every single one of the other female characters are just plain amazing (Yachiru, Momo, Rangiku, Nanao, Youchiri, Soi Fong, Tastsuki.. heck, even Hiyori), but Orihime.. eh.[/SPOILER]
animejunkie429800
QUOTE(the sellout @ Aug 31 2005, 05:52 PM)
Manga spoilers:
[SPOILER]Like I said in another theater, I hope Rukia comes back soon! I'll hate to see Orihime become the main female character. In fact, every single one of the other female characters are just plain amazing (Yachiru, Momo, Rangiku, Nanao, Youchiri, Soi Fong, Tastsuki.. heck, even Hiyori), but Orihime.. eh.[/SPOILER]
[snapback]269679[/snapback]

[spoiler]Don't worry, she will. (Rukia) biggrin.gif[/spoiler]
shogunskey
the sabimen-DBZ
Shippo-inuyasha
(cant think)
animejunkie429800
Is it me, or does Kon get annoying? huh.gif
Toby-Chan
>_>
dry.gif

It hurts to see characters I like get bashed. I feel lame when I realize that the ones I like are either overrated or wildly disliked.

I'm not a real avid character hater either; Probably the character I dislike most would be Sasuke or Sakura from Naruto, but when I checked a Sasuke-Haters and Sakura-Haters club out, I just felt like the whole thing was stupid. I find them both annoying, but wasting time hating them in a club that is still a relatively mature organization felt juvenile and pointless.

Shiori from Revolutionary Girl Utena bugs the heck out of me. "Oh, feel sorry for me, everyone, cause I stabbed my friend in the back! Juri has never been anything but loving and supportive to me; I hate her freaking guts!"

Keitaro from Love Hina. He's just... yeah. A twelve year old's panties are not something to freak out about, perv.

While Touga from Revolutionary girl Utena is devilishly skilled at most everything he does, and he advances the plot moreso than most characters, I just can't stand the way he manipulates Utena's life the way he does. He tries to crush her dreams, belittle her values, destroy her friendships and demean all that makes her a strong individual, just so he can gain control of the Rose Bride, and make her demure enough that he can get into her pants. mad.gif Stupid Manwhore.
Abigail
Well...
Relena Peacecraft from Gundam Wing. I can't stand her "Heeeerooosss" yet the series would be nothing without her.
And I guess nobody else xD
o_o I don't see how Ed can be annoying, but well.. I respect your opinions. And I think the one he punched needed so much more than a punch x_x
ChibiOtakuElric
Alphonse *hes sooo sappy.....BE HUMAN DANMIT**hugs adorable human form*
nakagos bunny
Miaka Yuki from Fushigi Yuugi. If it weren't for the supporting characters, she would have totally ruined what is otherwise a good story. She's whiny, klutzy, stupid, self-centered, immature and incapable. A very bad image of women.

And worst of all, practically all the men in the series for some unknown reason find this girl irresistable. She's not even especially pretty, for Pete's sake.....

So in addition to the audience being annoyed by Miaka for her own personality, we also have to wonder why on earth any man, let alone a bunch of them, would like her.

Her pal Yui isn't a lot better, imo.
Celestial Shadow
One of the most irritating characters ever had to be Dio from Last Exile. For at least the first 18 episodes, I hated him and his voice... *shivers*
Art of Misconception
QUOTE(nakagos bunny @ Sep 4 2005, 07:22 PM)
Miaka Yuki from Fushigi Yuugi.  If it weren't for the supporting characters, she would have totally ruined what is otherwise a good story.  She's whiny, klutzy, stupid, self-centered, immature and incapable.  A very bad image of women. 

And worst of all, practically all the men in the series for some unknown reason find this girl irresistable.  She's not even especially pretty, for Pete's sake.....

So in addition to the audience being annoyed by Miaka for her own personality, we also have to wonder why on earth any man, let alone a bunch of them, would like her.

Her pal Yui isn't a lot better, imo.
[right][snapback]274240[/snapback][/right]

Yes, yes, for some reason, I totally agree. Yu Watase has got to draw some more feminine characters.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Here's one nobody has mentioned. Excel from Excel Saga.

Quite possibly the most annoying character ever.
DemonicFlare-Alchemist
Tea-YuGiOH
Shippo-InuYasha
Elderberry
Hm.......*long pause* I can't really think of anyone off the top of my head, since I rarely dislike characters....Mayo from Fushigi Yuugi: Eikouden did kind of bother me before I finished the series, though. rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(Junkie-san)
Mokona-Tsubasa
Mokona-xxxholic
..what about the original Mokona in Magic Knight Rayearth then? (that says nothing but "pu~") He certainly fills in a very important role later in the story. ohmy.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Sep 6 2005, 01:33 PM)

[right][snapback]275917[/snapback][/right]

Yah, but if she wasn't annoying, the series wouldn't have it's crazy charm. tongue.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Sep 6 2005, 07:15 PM)
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Sep 6 2005, 01:33 PM)

[right][snapback]275917[/snapback][/right]

Yah, but if she wasn't annoying, the series wouldn't have it's crazy charm. tongue.gif
[right][snapback]276614[/snapback][/right]

This is true. I guess the only character who wasn't annoying in the series was Menchi. tongue.gif
Carnal Malefactor
Did he get eaten in the end? I forget...
has "irritating" been confused with "useless"? huh.gif

agree with the person who says miaka from fushigi yuugi. and add all of the female lead characters who happen to be able to heal, detect where the monster/item is, etc. (think inuyasha, flame of recca, blue seed, to name a few) who of course also have the heart of gold and are not afraid to speak their mind and point out how wrong the villain is. aside from that one innate "gift" and their inability to understand when to shut up, their only use in the story is to get kidnapped, targeted at, scream for the lead male character's name, get him injured, slow everyone else in the gang down, and cry pathetically for being useless. boo-hoo.

it's very hard to comprehend why the male lead character is attracted to her.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Sep 6 2005, 07:38 PM)
Did he get eaten in the end? I forget...
[right][snapback]276652[/snapback][/right]

Nope. As I recall she makes it out alive.
hidden__happiness
I have to say...

Kagome-InuYasha...
She's so whinny. >_<... it gets annoying...

Sakura from Naruto...
I don't like the fangirlism.. kind... of thing.
halomasta
Shippo-Inuyasha

he acts like a 5 year-old and whines too much
fullmetal_4eva
QUOTE(hidden__happiness @ Sep 7 2005, 05:08 PM)
I have to say...

Kagome-InuYasha...
She's so whinny. >_<... it gets annoying...

Sakura from Naruto...
I don't like the fangirlism.. kind... of thing.
[right][snapback]277618[/snapback][/right]

Oh my god! I totally agree, and Kagome's voice from the English version is sooo irritating. blink.gif
Kyros
let's see...
Al and Winry - FMA
Relina Peacecraft - Gundam Wing
I HATE QUATRE FROM GUNDAM WING! HE NEEDS TO BE TORTURED FOR ALL OF ETERNITY!
everybody but sango cuz she's so cute - Inuyasha
Goku - dbz (he would be cool in real life, but I don't like the way he's the savior all the time)
Aeka - Tenchi
everybody in ravemaster (that show sucks)

that's all I can think of right now...
Kihaku
QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 6 2005, 09:46 PM) [snapback]276700[/snapback]

has "irritating" been confused with "useless"? huh.gif

They're now different topics.. but often useless characters can be annoying and irratating too...

agree with the person who says miaka from fushigi yuugi. and add all of the female lead characters who happen to be able to heal, detect where the monster/item is, etc. (think inuyasha, flame of recca, blue seed, to name a few) who of course also have the heart of gold and are not afraid to speak their mind and point out how wrong the villain is. aside from that one innate "gift" and their inability to understand when to shut up, their only use in the story is to get kidnapped, targeted at, scream for the lead male character's name, get him injured, slow everyone else in the gang down, and cry pathetically for being useless. boo-hoo.

it's very hard to comprehend why the male lead character is attracted to her.

Oh exactly! While I might not be irritated by the characters the fact that the only purpose of these characters is to make the guys "look cool" or create a compuslory "love interest" into the story..

Hmmm... I guess there are many irritating characters... *scratches head*

Prince of Tennis
The cheerleader brats just get on my nerves...(especially Sakuno... and she doesn't even cheer much.)
Ryoma (depends... At times he's cute, but at times he gets on my nerves... mostly when he plays. Does he have to win every single freaking time and no matter what he always remains a cocky brat... *sighs*)
Kevin (another version of Ryoma, but in some ways even worse..)

Gravitation
Yuki (but only in the manga... actually even Shuichi gets on my nerves at times... how he can take all that from Yuki, but Yuki annoys me because of the way he treats Shuichi... despite everything).

Full Metal Panic!
Kaname
Love Hina
Naru
Ranma 1/2
Akane
(those three I can't stand for the same reasons.. they're violent and hit the guys they're supposed to care about without any reason..)

Dragon Ball GT
Pan (an annoying, whiny and useless brat)

Kaikan Phrase
Sakuya (even though his attitude improves a little.. he still irritates me..)

Chrno Crusade
Rosette (irritated me so much that I didn't continue watching the series.. I hope to though one day..)

Scrapped princess
Pacifica

Hmm... there are probably more.. but I can't think of any at the moment wink.gif.
Toby-Chan
The way people go on endlessly about Miaka is making me guess that there's a lot more difference between the anime and manga than I previously thought...
I mean, she isn't exactly favorite character material, but she holds decently as a lead. She can be smart enough at times when she needs to be, and she's sweet as is mandated for all female leads. Although, I really don't understand her instalove with Tamahome, I've come to accept that that's just the way love happens in Watase works.

Girl: Hi, guy.
Guy: Hi girl.
*They fight a little*
Girl: I think I love you.
Guy: Er- I um. Blargh
Girl: Omgwtfbbq, you don't love me too?
Guy: No, actually, I do. In fact, I love you like I'm blind.
Girl: Werd.
Kyros
can I kill Yugi?...please?
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Kyros @ Sep 19 2005, 04:27 PM) [snapback]288815[/snapback]

can I kill Yugi?...please?

...*Hearts that pervy lil' midget* ph34r.gif
I HATE THE BIG, BODYBUILDER OFFCIER FROM FMA, all the time he shows his muscles, he destroy his shirt and... HE HAS GOT SOME "PINK" STARS ON HIS HEAD??? O MY GOD!
I hate he he has a subliminal mesage under all that "BODY"
he scares me, sure that he is a kind of "F!AG"
animejunkie429800
QUOTE(Elderberry @ Sep 6 2005, 12:04 PM) [snapback]275948[/snapback]

Hm.......*long pause* I can't really think of anyone off the top of my head, since I rarely dislike characters....Mayo from Fushigi Yuugi: Eikouden did kind of bother me before I finished the series, though. rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(Junkie-san)
Mokona-Tsubasa
Mokona-xxxholic
..what about the original Mokona in Magic Knight Rayearth then? (that says nothing but "pu~") He certainly fills in a very important role later in the story. ohmy.gif

That's true...

Also... Chouji, Ino, Excel, and.... *thinks* Winry. biggrin.gif Also Tea.
Gato Gurl914
Karou-Rurouni Kenshin

while she does pull her weight once in a great while, she's just there to be the Kagome-ish person. All her Kenshin stay with me at the dojo whining irritates me to no end.

Tea Gardner/Anzu Mazaki- Yugi-Oh!

Yugi's girlfriend. I hate her american voice, and the fact that every duel she whines about Yugi getting hurt, or possibly losing etc...

Dragon Ball (the entirety)- The only irritating characters I've found have been Pan with her stuck up bratty attitude, if she was my kid she'd get one heck of a spanking. And Bulla/Bra her rich kid spoiled brat attitude and how she's turned Vegeta one of the coolest characters into "Daddy" who even takes her shopping! =0

thats all i can think of for now, but im sure more will come to me.

Kyros
You don't like Kaoru?...awww she's cool. In the series she can seem a little annoying but I liked her a lot in the seisohen (I think that's the one she's in, if it's not then she's in ovas).
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 19 2005, 08:41 PM) [snapback]289112[/snapback]

I HATE THE BIG, BODYBUILDER OFFCIER FROM FMA, all the time he shows his muscles, he destroy his shirt and... HE HAS GOT SOME "PINK" STARS ON HIS HEAD??? O MY GOD!
I hate he he has a subliminal mesage under all that "BODY"
he scares me, sure that he is a kind of "F!AG"

Dude.

Not cool.
Kyros
Yeah guy, total fagotry...nuff said. Armstrong pwns j00.

Anyway...I never cared for Fley (sp?) in Gundam Seed. She was way too psycho for my taste, but she was a good addition to drive the story along. I'm just sayin that I wouldn't wanna meet her in real life...well, she is hot so...I don't know now...
Carnal Malefactor
I also found Armstrong to be waaaaay over the top [at least in the first half of the series]. But the 'fag' comment was out of line.
Kyros
d00d, I was just joking...whatever, didn't mean for it to be like a serious insult so sorry if it was offensive...*sighs*

anyway, did I mention that I don't like Qatre Winter from Gundam Wing?...if I did then I am gonna say it again cuz I hate him. QATRE WINTER SUCKS AND NEEDS TO DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE...*takes in breath* then some more... I also don't care for Domo in Flame of Recca through most of the series, but he's somewhat decent by the end... DIE QATRE DIE!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.