Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Am Thinking About Geting One Of The Fma Games
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Game > FMA PlayStation Games
Sciezka
So I have saved up enuff money and decided to buy one of the games. (I would buy them both but I only have enuff money for one ^^; )

In other words I need help deciding on FMA Broken Angel or FMA 2 Curse of the Crimson Elixer.

any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Toxic High
Personally, I enjoyed the second FMA game to the first one; but then again, I also found the second game easier then the first. I liked the first one's story better though.

If you want to go along with storylines though, I suggest you get the second one, then play the first one.
Crystalix
If you have the money & like fighting games, I reccomend FullMetal Alchemist: Dream Carnival. It's probably the best Anime based game I played ever! laugh.gif (Cool Cell-Shaded graphics, Fast battle fighting, Alchemy, Up to 2 Players, Funny Moments, & more...)

On the other hand, Curse of the Crimison Elixer surpasses Broken Angel in gameplay & overall fun, it's definatly a better buy.
AA battery
or if you can wait, wait for the third game, the girl that surpasses god. (I THINK it should be out next year in English)

Altho it doesn't have as much animations as the first two and the animation plotline isn't as funny as the second one (I love how Ed just hits Al's armor with his face when Al called out to him on chapter 1's animation) it has more items to collect (and you unlock really funny dialogues when you give the items to the game character Sofie) it also has a tag battle system... there are 5 stages for it in total, you can either play with a friend or with the computer to go thru these stages to get items (only if you score rank A or higher)

game play (use Al too!), animation, alchemy beats the first two game for sure.

but well ya, if you don't want to wait, then go for the second game... altho the plotline is not as good and the gameplay is too short, you can collect cats and the animation in this one is funnier.
shogunskey
i recommend the first one it has a great story that unravels as you play.
DemonicFlare-Alchemist
I would recommend both, but as you are low on the money I'd go with the Full Metal Alchemist: The Broken Angel (first 1)! Then after you beat that one you can get the Crimson Elixir one. Trust me both games are extremely excellent! And I can't wait for the third game. biggrin.gif
halomasta
I really want an FMA game and i would buy one if i wanted to but i can't becouse i only have an Xbox. Japan hates Microsoft so they probabley won't release any games FMA games for it sad.gif
AA battery
Japan hates Microsoft so they probabley won't release any games FMA games for it

... just where did you heard that line from????

and in general, anime games released for game systems like PS/DC/Xbox are not likely to be released to computer (it's not as fun to play with the comp, imo)
Fullmetal Fugazi
yeah I'm another Xbox'er. IMO xbox is the best system out but PS still gets some great exclusives.......like FMA mad.gif
Fullmetal Fugazi
now I'm considering getting a used PS2 just for the FMA games
Chopper Enthusiast
I recommend you save your money. Both Fullmetal Alchemist games are horrible.
Ed-Elric
what was that Chopper Enthusiast mad.gif
Chopper Enthusiast
I recommend you save your money. Both Fullmetal Alchemist games are horrible.
Ladymercury
If you're an avid gamer and pay attention to every little gameplay aspect then yeah, the games suck. Controls are simply button mashing (ie: Dynasty Warriors or any Koei game) and the audio sucks. The sound effects and actual game play sounds are mono while cut scenes are in pure stereo. For a Square-Enix release, I was highly disappointed.

Well, this is coming from me only play #2.

But on the aspect of being a FMA fan, the game is fun to play. I mean, you're playing as Ed... and you get to see your favorite characters come alive... in cell.. shaded... three... d... ish.

If you want to buy the game, I'll wait till it ends up on the greatest hits list or until the used price drops (currently, game #1 is like 24.99 used and game #2 is like 39.99 used). Its a great rental but I'll wait till it gets cheaper.
AA battery
QUOTE(Ladymercury @ Oct 30 2005, 06:55 PM) [snapback]306805[/snapback]

If you're an avid gamer and pay attention to every little gameplay aspect then yeah, the games suck. Controls are simply button mashing (ie: Dynasty Warriors or any Koei game) and the audio sucks. The sound effects and actual game play sounds are mono while cut scenes are in pure stereo. For a Square-Enix release, I was highly disappointed.

Well, this is coming from me only play #2.

But on the aspect of being a FMA fan, the game is fun to play. I mean, you're playing as Ed... and you get to see your favorite characters come alive... in cell.. shaded... three... d... ish.

If you want to buy the game, I'll wait till it ends up on the greatest hits list or until the used price drops (currently, game #1 is like 24.99 used and game #2 is like 39.99 used). Its a great rental but I'll wait till it gets cheaper.

I 100% agree with you. xD

but then, for someone that sucks at gaming like me... (something fancy like the Final Fantasy stuff just... kills my eyes, yea.)
These kind of games are just right... easy to control, not complicated, Alphonse <3.... etc.
so yea.
If you are picky about gaming... the programming of the FMA games are pretty poor... but if you were only a fan, then the game is probably good enough for you
(not to mention that I still love to play SNES game now cuz they are easy to control and not complicated.)
LordSesshomaru1983
Does anyone know where to buy them? I did a search on Gamestop.com and nothing came up. I want to buy it personally rather than order online and play for the shipping.
Ladymercury
Uh, Gamestop, Rhino, and EBGames (well, EBGames is now Gamestop) do have those games. I work(ed) at Gamestop o_O and we had several copies.
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(Ladymercury @ Nov 14 2005, 03:51 PM) [snapback]314533[/snapback]

Uh, Gamestop, Rhino, and EBGames (well, EBGames is now Gamestop) do have those games. I work(ed) at Gamestop o_O and we had several copies.

*nods* even Wal-mart has the 2nd game... so...
The Great Asparagus
AH.... i vowed that i wouldn't go and buy the games... but that was a month ago. now i'm like, a total fma crazed fanatic. heh... so generally how expensive are the games?
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(The Great Asparagus @ Nov 14 2005, 09:17 PM) [snapback]314792[/snapback]

AH.... i vowed that i wouldn't go and buy the games... but that was a month ago. now i'm like, a total fma crazed fanatic. heh... so generally how expensive are the games?

if memory serves correctly then they are $10 less then other new releases. they should be $39.99 per game.
Slice Fury
i can't even find the game!!! IT'Z GETTING ON MY NERVEZ !!!!! dry.gif blink.gif mad.gif
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(Slice Fury @ Nov 15 2005, 05:06 PM) [snapback]315234[/snapback]

i can't even find the game!!! IT'Z GETTING ON MY NERVEZ !!!!! dry.gif blink.gif mad.gif

Where have you looked?
Carnal Malefactor
Honestly, neither of these games are very good.

Check out the reviews:

Broken Angel

Crimson Elixir
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Nov 21 2005, 02:24 AM) [snapback]317823[/snapback]

Check out the reviews:

Broken Angel

Crimson Elixir

in general no.... i mean they are nothing amazing or break through.... but... to an over Crazed FMA fan they are the greatest crack in the world to satisfy us with something new to be excited about.... i would have used more colorful words but they were inappropriate XD!!!!
Sleeping Forest
what are you waiting for?!?!

get the games!!!!

but yeah, nothing special, just fueling FMA obsession...
AA battery
QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Nov 21 2005, 12:09 AM) [snapback]317823[/snapback]

Check out the reviews:

Broken Angel

Crimson Elixir

It's the fanservice that counts, not the game quality XD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.