Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dvds Easter Eggs
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > Original Japanese episodes (with sub)
Azura Elric
<Moving from FMA Anime American Audience sub-forum to FMA Anime Japanese Audience sub-forum where all DVD related threads are being collected currently. 02/21/07 ~Tombow>

I just noticed something when I was watching vol. 3. Funimation had placed Japanese preview Gag Reels in the episode menu screen. The Gag reel is located on the right side of the Roman Numeral 4. If the cursur...or whatever is on the 4 just push the right button once and you'll see the OuroBuros symbol. Just press enter or play and a japanese preview gag reel starts.

One of my favorites lol

A Preview for Ep. 13:
Edward: Next time on Fullmetal Alchemist!
Alphonse: Brother, what are you in such a hurry for?
Edward: Waugh! If I don’t hurry, he’s going to come! He’s going to come!
Russell: Too bad. And here, doing the previews is our job…
Fletcher: Sorry about this, Al.
Alphonse: We’re not about to let you imposters take over the previews twice! Right, brother?
Edward: *groans*
Russell: *chuckles* Can you stand up to this transmutation attack? I’m 14 years old…
Edward: *screams*
Russell: 172 centimeters tall…
Edward: *screaming and groaning*
Russell: And what’s more, I’m still growing!
Edward: Ugh, stop, already!
Alphonse: Brother…
Fletcher: Next time on Fullmetal Alchemist: Episode 13...
Russell: “The Lover vs. The Clown”!!!!
«°~Envy™~°»
lmao@the lover vs the clown
MasterKris
Haha! That's funny! laugh.gif
Too bad I can't see it though...would you mind putting some more gag reels?

Who's the lover? and who's the clown?
ymsg
Poor Edward. The butt of every small joke. How I love it, xD. Nice gag reels... must see them...!
«°~Envy™~°»
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Jun 11 2005, 06:13 PM)
Haha! That's funny! laugh.gif
Too bad I can't see it though...would you mind putting some more gag reels?

Who's the lover? and who's the clown?
[snapback]190085[/snapback]

just think about it episode 13 is called Flame vs Metal

Roy (the lover) vs Ed (the Clown)
TheVileOne
The gag reels are great. Funimation should just put these in the extras sections instead of making them hidden easter eggs.

I wish we got more extras on the DVD's sad.gif .
Radical Alchemist
I still can't figure out how to get to it.. please can you be more specific? What roman numeral?
Lucky Charm
Can you please be more specific? There aren't any roman numerals on the DVD...im dying to see them.
NeoKakashi
http://img150.echo.cx/img150/3158/15ud2.jpg

I put a square around it. See? Go to the number 4 and then go right, and that will appear.
ChibiWinry_05
EEEEEEEEEKKKK i found them they r sooooooooooo funny hahhahahahahahaaaaa
Random Person
Wait! I have the DVD!!!! *goes to TV room with DVD in hand* BRB!
*****5 min later******
Lol that was so funny! They put Al in a doll's body XD
Sciezka
Hi,

I know that Funimation puts easter eggs or hidden extras on there dvds. I was wondering if anyone knew how to find them ?

The only one I could find is if you go the the main menu and hit episodes pick any episode, then go to the last one marked IV go as far right as you can till a red symbol (the one the homunculus have on them ) click on it to get a funny preview of the next episode.

If anyone knows of any others please let me know smile.gif

thanks
Odysseus
Actually I think those are the only ones. If there are any others I haven't found them. (And I've searched high and low.)
Guest_Icee*kooL_*
QUOTE(Sciezka @ Aug 25 2005, 11:14 PM)
Hi,

I know that Funimation puts easter eggs or hidden extras on there dvds.  I was wondering if anyone knew how to find them ?

The only one I could find is if you go the the main menu and hit episodes pick any episode, then go to the last one marked IV go as far right as you can till a red symbol (the one the homunculus have on them ) click on it to get a funny preview of the next episode.

If anyone knows of any others please let me know  smile.gif 

thanks
[snapback]262234[/snapback]

i found that you could watch short japanese previews on the dvds.
but the only way i found out was on my computer! if anyone has the dvds,and has microsoft, click on title five and see some japanese comercial:one of my dvds said that al was very feminen(girly) .NOTE the comercials are sooo funny!
Maes-Hughes
well in the extras you can view japanese commericals if thas what you talkin bout
TheVileOne
If you got the chapter select and press right next to episode preview, a hidden Ourbouros symbol will pop-up. If you click on it you can watch comedic Japanese subtitled versions of the next episode previews.
chocolate_eds_everywhere
on which dvd r u ppl talking about???? oh ya this is to Odysseus..i love your pic at the bottom of your post i was laughing like forever would u mind if i used it???
oh ya and that brings up another question...HOW DO U GET A PIC AT THE BOTTOM OF A POST?????? when i try it it says click to enlarge photo and i've tried it like five times and nothing works. please reply asap i've written this question on all my post and still no reply and i went to help and it was no help at all. i'm really losing all hope. sad.gif sad.gif
oh let me show u
Maes-Hughes
well, if you mean the signature then click your control panel, then click edit signature, then post the url of the image.
chocolate_eds_everywhere
awww my dvd is at my mom's house. i have to remeber to watch that on friday
*making mental note*........aww man no more storage space laugh.gif
thanks a ton i totally forgot to look 4 easter eggs
Azura Elric
You're welcome, I wasn't expecting that XD ok since people requested the Gag reels (Which are called Urahagane) I will post them. Here is Volume 4. (I would do 5 but I don't have it yet <<)

Preview: Ep. 13- Fullmetal vs. Flame (Gag Reel)

Edward: Hey Colonel!
Mustang: Oh, you want to have another contest? But then, supposing I win, there wouldn’t be anything in it for me…
Edward: If I lose, I’ll let you date Al.
Mustang: How about throwing Winry in?
Edward: -Fine!
Mustang: -I’m in!
Alphonse: Now hold on, both of you…!
Edward: Okay, come at me any way you like!
Mustang: Let’s use this to determine the winner!
Edward: I-is that…?
Alphonse: That’s used for measuring a person’s height!
Mustang: Huh? You mean this isn’t a height contest?
Edward: I won’t forget this!
Alphonse: Brother! I told you, you’re no match for the Colonel’s craftiness!
Mustang: --Next time on Fullmetal Alchemist: Episode 14, “Destruction’s Right Hand.” how about a milk speed-drinking contest next? *laughs*

Preview: Ep. 14 - Destruction‘s Right Hand (Gag Reel)

Mustang: You are such a spoiled child. Open up now. “Aaahh”
Alphonse: C-Colonel…
Rose: Excuse me, is there a Fullmetal..
Alphonse: That voice -- it’s Rose!
Rose: A-Al? What are you doing?
Mustang: We’re on a date.
Rose: Date? You mean, you’re…
Alphonse: No, Rose! This is like the penalty in a game, where brother lost to the colonel, and now the colonel is teasing me…
Mustang: No, I’m still hedging my bets on the possibility that you’re female.
Rose: How horrible! When he said, “you’ve got a fine pair, don’t you?” it was just sexual harassment!
Alphonse: He said “a fine pair of legs,” didn’t he!?
Mustang: Next time on Fullmetal Alchemist: Episode 15, “The Ishbal Massacre” Now then, how about we go over there and talk?
Rose: Okay…
Alphonse: I’m going to tell on you to Lt. Hawkeye…

Preview: Ep. 15- The Ishbal Massacre (Gag Reel)

Alphonse: Ah, Lt. Hawkeye!
Edward: Listen Lieutenant! I started a rumor earlier that Al was really my younger sister, as a joke, and the Colonel took it seriously, and took Al out on a date, where he-
*gunshot*
Ed/Al: *screams*
Ed: What are you doing?!
Hawkeye: Oh, my. It looked as though Black Hayate was about to make. Now then, what’s this about the colonel?
Edward: He went off someplace with this girl named Rose and-
*gunshots*
Ed/Al: *screams*
Alphonse: You’re hitting us! You’re hitting us, I say!
Hawkeye: Right then, next time on Fullmetal Alchemist: Episode 16 “That Which is Lost”.
Alphonse: --”Right then” …!?
Hwakeye: By the way, if you ever bring this up again…*gun click*
Edward: Well, I guess next time, we’ll do a trivia quiz or something.
Alphonse: “What is Brother’s height?”

Preview: Ep. 16- That Which is Lost (Gag Reel)

Hawkeye: Okay then, here’s the next question in the Hagaren Quiz…
Edward: All right! This contest is mine, Colonel!
Mustang: There’s no way you can win against me on smarts!
Hawkeye: Regarding Col. Roy Mustang, famous for his wide-ranging taste in women…
Mustang: ._. Huh?
Hawkeye: What was he doing after we recorded the previous episode preview, instead of returning to the command center?
Mustang: Ahem, T-that seems a little unfair-
Edward: --How would I know
Mustang: -- I was hearing statements.
Edward: --what the colonel was doing?
Mustang: -- Yes, hearing statements!
Hawkeye: And now, a word from our sponsors. Next time on Fullmetal Alchemist: Episode 17, “House of the Waiting Family.” Now then, Colonel, would you give me your answer again? *gun clicks*
Edward: ._. Can I go home?
Mustang: ._. Don’t you go anywhere!

I will post Volumes 1-3 if people request them.
chocolate_eds_everywhere
thank u lots. i figured it out safe and sound, well almost
*looks at computer and its all in tiny pieces*
well i got a little mad. i'm very absent minded at times biggrin.gif
Quistis88
Merged with "Gag Reels?" topic.
nikina
my friend is looking for translations to URA HAGANE... so, can I request everything you have up till now?

They're out in English?

The Japanese DVDs have them as extras, they're so funni
Fullmetal Fugazi
Ooooohh, I'll have to watch these when I get home. I love easter eggs!!! thanks for the heads up
Fullmetal Fugazi
I checked my disc for the easter eggs and I didnt just find one, I found one for each ep. click right at sceen 4, there was one for each ep.

I also read all the debate about the original voices being better than the dub.....well I watched a few eps in Japanese and thought the voices were ok but for me personally I like the dub voices better, its just what I'm use to hearing. I was also reading the subs durring this time which seem to be very, very close to what the dub was saying.
TheVileOne
To let you know Fugazi, they are on ALL the DVD's. So get to the viewing!
Odysseus
Yeah there is an easter egg for every last episode I believe.

I was also reading the subs durring this time which seem to be very, very close to what the dub was saying.

You mean the subs on the DVD's? Then of course the subtitles are close, obviously they would use the translation they thought best fit for the dubs in the subs as well. The fan made subs however have a tendency to differ in certain areas. (Though it never really changes the meaning of the sentance.)
TheVileOne
QUOTE(Odysseus @ Sep 18 2005, 03:02 AM) [snapback]287492[/snapback]

Yeah there is an easter egg for every last episode I believe.

I was also reading the subs durring this time which seem to be very, very close to what the dub was saying.

You mean the subs on the DVD's? Then of course the subtitles are close, obviously they would use the translation they thought best fit for the dubs in the subs as well. The fan made subs however have a tendency to differ in certain areas. (Though it never really changes the meaning of the sentance.)

Whatever, that's not how they do that. They are NOT dub-titles. The English subtitles on the DVD's are closer and more accurate translations than the fansubs, that's all there is to it.
Koneko
I was watching my 3 dvds (volumes 1-3) and I could only find one an episode 4 on the first dvd and none on the onther two. Why is that? I wanna see them!!!!
TheVileOne
QUOTE(Koneko @ Sep 18 2005, 05:04 PM) [snapback]287860[/snapback]

I was watching my 3 dvds (volumes 1-3) and I could only find one an episode 4 on the first dvd and none on the onther two. Why is that? I wanna see them!!!!

You need to look in the chapter selection and try clicking right when the next episode preview chapter is highlighted. Doing something like that should reveal a hidden Ourobouros icon to play them.
Fullmetal Fugazi
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Sep 17 2005, 09:39 PM) [snapback]287420[/snapback]

To let you know Fugazi, they are on ALL the DVD's. So get to the viewing!

did that all today biggrin.gif
Guest_Neko_*
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Sep 18 2005, 02:11 PM) [snapback]288115[/snapback]

QUOTE(Koneko @ Sep 18 2005, 05:04 PM) [snapback]287860[/snapback]

You need to look in the chapter selection and try clicking right when the next episode preview chapter is highlighted. Doing something like that should reveal a hidden Ourobouros icon to play them.

I know, but when I go to the ep screen on volumes 2 and 3 a different episode menu comes up than the one in the posted pic. In the menu, there is no left and right on them. It's really wierd... :/

I found that on the first dvd that after I watch the rose ed al winry one by #4 and press the back button it goes to the same episode menu that I see on volumes 2 and 3. It's akward....
The episode selection screen on volume 1 that doesn't have the EE has Lust in the background. 2 has Al and 3 has... I forgot. :S
I have the same problem!!! Funky... blink.gif Does anyone know what's wrong with it?
ed's numbuh 1 fan
well they worked for me

and they were SO funny laugh.gif laugh.gif i almost died laughing (not literitly) laugh.gif THANK YOU for showing me!! laugh.gif
EdokunEdo
My dvds dont have these extras sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.