Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Let's Rent A House For Our Forum Members! What's It Gonna Be Like?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Spam Central
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Falling_Man
This thread's gonna answer this question:What would happen if we rented a house for a few months or so? (just think of the insanity... biggrin.gif )

Please give your own opinions and talk about the selections of your fellow forum members. And please note that THIS IS NOT AN RP THREAD. Treat it as such.

The basic format is this: State your ideas for rooming arrangments and assign chores (for however long. Your assignments can be for a month, a month with rotations, three months, etc...). This house will not have any co-ed rooming within the walls of the main house. There will be a separate building for such couple bonding, so that others may sleep at night undistrubed. (activities there can range from checkers to sparring sessions to... other things) All other things can be dictated by yourself. For example, one person may have a 20 room house, while another may have 4 rooms or an unspecified amount. Also, the time period can be anything, from a lifetime (you're insane ph34r.gif ) to just a month (how lame tongue.gif )There can be a gym, a pool, a massive backyard or absolutely nothing else. And other things, such as planned daily activities, can instituted in your setup.

Please note that your post will be primarily about your setup. Leave comments at the end of your post. One last tip: Be creative, but realistic.

My arrangement includes a house of a nice *cough* size. (think 7~6 digit salary) An average-sized building will be some distance from the house. And we have a big yard. it's up north (maybe Canada), so there's snow in the winter. There's a game room, video game room, computer room, sound recording room, kitchen, a number of (living) loaf-around rooms (with TVs). And of course there'll be a garage for cars. (cuz we can't sit around all day/month and just hang-out here, can we?)

Rooming arrangements: (sincere apologies if one or more persons are left out)
Quistis and kage.
Ailuro and Coffee
xrninja and mei tenshi
Luckyalchemist and Celes
Bling and Elderberry
Mini and edsgirl
Toby-chan and shardy
Kasumi and Kase
zarpia and Riza Babe
(ladies have second floor. likewise with bathrooms. attic is everyones')
arche & family
hitokiri(special choice. gets master room on first floor)
Bacon and DM
Slash and foolmetal and le monkey (there was room for three, what?)
Goldfish and Longsword
FM (My bed is the best sofa, my room the most secluded closet)
(guys share two bathrooms, their rooms are on the first floor)

Chores: (for the duration. changes can be made later)
Cleanup heads: Bacon and Toby-chan
Cooking duty: Mini and FM <-(will most likely be late for breakfast)
The lawn: Luckyalchemist, DM and Goldfish
Bathroom cleanup: Coffee and Bling
Trash duty: Ailuro, Bacon and Celes
Trainers: xrninja and Elderberry (I don't even know if they'll do anything)
Nighthouse (separate place) cleanup: arche and edsgirl
Tech. crew: Quistis, Slash and kage
*will add more chores later on*
Overlord: hitokiri
fullmetal_4eva
I'll just have to get a house next door and crash the party now or then tongue.gif
mongooseboi
QUOTE(fullmetal_4eva @ Aug 24 2005, 08:24 PM)
I'll just have to get a house next door and crash the party now or then tongue.gif
[snapback]261159[/snapback]

no worries i'll have to do that too.
Ailuro
Aww man. I have trash duty? D:

I'd have the same arrangement except somewhere more south. So it won't be cold. ph34r.gif
edsgirl
You sure you should have me and Mini in the same room? tongue.gif
Nighthouse cleanup? Umm no, I'm not cleaning other people's .... liquids. I'll do anything else but that.
Carnal Malefactor
Wait, why am I rooming with a guy who hasn't posted in months? Is noone else weird enough?

AND GOD HELP THE PERSON WHO MENTIONS GOLDFISH!
Fresh_Coffee
owww, man, I get bathroom clean up. I hate cleaning the bathroom.. can't I clean the dishes?
Slashrose1010
Oooh right :] I get to work on oily machinery with Quis and Kage. I like my bedroom arrangements... kind of :3 I got the squirt on one side and the british PC gamer on the other. Hoepfully they will be pretty neat. I hate having a pig sty of a room.
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Aug 24 2005, 10:53 PM)
Oooh right :] I get to work on oily machinery with Quis and Kage. I like my bedroom arrangements... kind of :3 I got the squirt on one side and the british PC gamer on the other. Hoepfully they will be pretty neat. I hate having a pig sty of a room.
[snapback]261240[/snapback]

lol.. I havnt been called that in AGES!!!
and also I have 2 gaming pcs I would take.. YAY!
with 60 odd GB of anime..
and 120GB of games.. and new ones comming it each week.. fun fun
and yeah I am tidy in my own room.. I dont sleep much tho.. I will use headphones
Yay.. no chores for me!!
Ill do computer maintenece on various pcs aroud the house.. eg mine and everyone elses.. tongue.gif
I get the fun job.. tongue.gif
mei_tenshi
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Aug 24 2005, 10:04 PM)
[snapback]261192[/snapback]

That would be you, bacon. laugh.gif

I like FM's arrangements. Rooming with Ninja would be fun...we can spend all night plotting evil things to do to n00bs. *evil grin* (And plus, I don't have to do chores...yet. tongue.gif)
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Aug 24 2005, 11:04 PM)
Wait, why am I rooming with a guy who hasn't posted in months? Is noone else weird enough?

[snapback]261192[/snapback]

Actually I imagine you rooming with Hitokiri, but he hasn't posted in awhile either. Perhaps, Arche, he doesn't post as much either.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Aug 24 2005, 09:02 PM)
You sure you should have me and Mini in the same room?  tongue.gif
[snapback]261189[/snapback]

That's a great idea. I think anybody else would get irritated by all the weaponry in the room. Of course, it could turn into one of those too much is a good thing situations.

Sure I'll cook! laugh.gif I love to feed people.

Oh and you should have Longsword in the exercise crew too.
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Aug 25 2005, 10:26 AM)
Sure I'll cook!  laugh.gif I love to feed people.

YAY!
We get really nice food!
YAZA!
edsgirl
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Aug 25 2005, 12:26 PM)
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Aug 24 2005, 09:02 PM)
You sure you should have me and Mini in the same room?  tongue.gif
[snapback]261189[/snapback]

That's a great idea. I think anybody else would get irritated by all the weaponry in the room. Of course, it could turn into one of those too much is a good thing situations.

Oh and you should have Longsword in the exercise crew too.
[snapback]261509[/snapback]

You do have a point there. Well if the beds a rockin.................
wink.gif
I can be the house nutritionist. Bugging everyone to eat right, to the point that they want to kill me. Good times.
Carnal Malefactor
Wait... why do I get the feeling that I'll ultimately be the only one doing any trash duty?
Le Monkey
Umm.. because its Aily and Celes who ou are doing it with?

lol..
Carnal Malefactor
that's what I was implying.

If I'm gonna be taking out trash, there better be another guy that I can sub with! I'm looking at you, Monkey!
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(edsgirl)
Well if the beds a rockin.................

Oh, la la! ohmy.gif biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, and what makes you think I'd make it on time for breakfast duty? Everyone might be on their own in that department.
Le Monkey
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Aug 25 2005, 11:59 AM)
that's what I was implying.

If I'm gonna be taking out trash, there better be another guy that I can sub with! I'm looking at you, Monkey!
[snapback]261586[/snapback]

Heh.. I doubt it.. I will be fixing or making adjustments or ranting on computers
QUOTE(Falling-san)
Bling and Elderberry
*ahem* I disagree. I'd much rather squeeze into the same room as Kagequis or Momo/Shirou-ishy. rolleyes.gif
Le Monkey
lol... Hi EKE.. you made a quote mess.. tongue.gif
I know I did...hopefully a moderator can fix it for me...sad.gif||
xrninja
QUOTE(le monkey @ Aug 25 2005, 11:58 AM)
lol... Hi EKE.. you made a quote mess.. tongue.gif
[snapback]261665[/snapback]

that's what she gets for insisting on editing all of her quotes to say "_____-san" instead of just leaving them be. rolleyes.gif *not fixing*

me and mei would be fun! (and i have a feeling she'll slip Saikano CDs everywhere and won't stop until i watch the series.) biggrin.gif Quisty is also invited to join us, if we consider the Kage/Tobu Ishi rooming arrangement. i also propose Slash/mongooseboi & foolmetal/Monkey....and maybe Celes/Elderberry & Bling/Toby-chan? (can Toby handle Bling's girliness?) i'd also like a spot in the garage for my poor old Corolla. smile.gif

(and what the heck is an "exercise folk?" do we get to thwack people with Elderberry's foils until they start exercising?)
Le Monkey
QUOTE(xrninja @ Aug 25 2005, 01:16 PM)
(and what the heck is an "exercise folk?" do we get to thwack people with Elderberry's foils until they start exercising?)

Oh god no.. not the dreaded sunlight!
Ain't someone gonna post their own ideas? The general idea was to get everyone to post their own thing. Unless you guys are thinking about it (excused) or are too lazy (bums)... dry.gif
Falling_Man
*edited Excercise folk to Trainer* Basic job: Keep everyone in shape, if they want to and you want to actually bother them for it...

foolmetal swaps with Bacon on occassions when the other two don't do it/forget and Bacon is tired of it. (sorry if it's smelly, the trash)

Garage fits 4 (sugoi) cars. Get yours in before everyone else.

Elderberry-san can possible be with Quis&kage or Ailuro&Coffee, but one of you will need to get an actual bunk bed...

mongooseboi gets to room with le monkey (sorry man, was in a bit of a rush)

Use of weapons will be permitted, but you will be held responsible for any injuries caused. Ex: A random axe falls on FM. No one is at fault. (unless you want to go back as far as who put it there...)

Hurry up and make your own lists. dry.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Only space for four cars!?!
Dammit! Where am I going to put my muscle car collection? mad.gif

As far as weapons, everybody better stay the hell out of mine and edsgirls way then or suffer lost fingers and toes.

I want a pool with a super fun slide and a fish pond with a waterfall, always wanted a fish pond. biggrin.gif Oh, and a jacuzzi with sauna.

Also, I want my own personal bathroom with two sinks so edsgirl and I can do our girly stuff and not be in each others way. Our bathroom will have gold planted fixures with lapis handles for the sink and tub. And marble counter tops.

In the room, I want one of those tvs the drops out of the celing and we need a big gun locker for our toys.

And a gourmet kitchen since I'm doing the cooking and we better have a really nice BBQ as well.
mongooseboi
yayyy i get a room :]
edsgirl
The only way I can coexist in this house, is if I have a shooting range. Preferably outside, so that I don't accidently shoot and kill anyone in the house. We also need a dojo, so I can spar with some of the roomies *coughNinjacough*.
Carnal Malefactor
Do we get a game room? I want one with 8 computers, linked by a LAN, and 2 of every console.

And an air hockey table, a trampoline and maybe one of those skeeball games...

QUOTE(edsgirl @ Aug 26 2005, 01:16 AM)
The only way I can coexist in this house, is if I have a shooting range. Preferably outside, so that I don't accidently shoot and kill anyone in the house. We also need a dojo, so I can spar with some of the roomies *coughNinjacough*.
[snapback]262235[/snapback]

That, too. happy.gif
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Falling_Man @ Aug 25 2005, 02:30 PM)
mongooseboi gets to room with le monkey (sorry man, was in a bit of a rush)

Why are you appologising that he has a room with me.. dry.gif
Im a good room mate!

QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Aug 25 2005, 11:17 PM)
Do we get a game room? I want one with 8 computers, linked by a LAN, and 2 of every console.

And an air hockey table, a trampoline and maybe one of those skeeball games...

I like bacons ideas..
I will desighn the Pcs then..
Thats all Im really good at.. boilogy and Pcs.. dry.gif
Ok then..
so we can have :
lots of pretty lights.. happy.gif
all 64Bit CPU's AMD 4500+
a few TB HDDs.. maybe 2TBs per PC
twin 40'' CRT moniters
3GB Kingston Ram.. 3200/400
Twin LG DVD Ram -/+ RW drives in each PC
Antec Cool Aluminium Caces
Water cooling for GPU and CPU
We will have Dual Radeon X850XT Platinum Uni-Wise Edition
for a MO BO we will have Sapphire ATI Radeon Xpress 200 SKT939 ATX
and we can have a TB external HDD each for anime stores
also a big stereo surround sound with mega subwoofer for music from the master PC
we will have 25MPS Sat Internet too..
So anything else we have missd?

Right.. I also want a heli pad and a helicopter.. with free fuel..
And a spare room for a ''guest'' who will come most days.. tongue.gif
I think I will be quite happy with that.. YAZZA!
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Well if he gets at helipad I want a private racetrack so I can take my muscle car collection out and play with them, without fear of getting a ticket.

I also second the range and dojo suggestion.
foolmetal alchemist
Hmm, since DM hasn't been here in a long time, it's almost like having the room to myself. biggrin.gif
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(Falling_Man @ Aug 24 2005, 11:10 PM)
There will be a separate building for such couple bonding, so that others may sleep at night undistrubed.
laugh.gif

Luckyalchemist and Celes
Why me and her? blink.gif I barely know her. I think you left out Zarpia though, who is the only non- member who has made the most posts ever. I'd room with her if I could happy.gif

Trash duty: Ailuro, Bacon and Celes
[snapback]261147[/snapback]

dry.gif Why do I get the trash? That better not have a hidden meaning. I know I'm whiny but that's just how I am when it comes to chores biggrin.gif Oh well, at least it isn't dishes *shivers*

Too lazy to read the rules exactly yet, so that's all I have to say for now.

EDIT- Nevermind I see zarp happy.gif Still...I got roomed oddly.
foolmetal alchemist
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Aug 26 2005, 01:16 AM)
We also need a dojo, so I can spar with some of the roomies *coughNinjacough*.
[snapback]262235[/snapback]

A dojo would be most appreciated. biggrin.gif
Riza Babe
Woot me and Zarpia No Chores!! biggrin.gif

WOOT im paired with Zarpia!!! WEEEEEEEEE Im gonna be HYPER@!!@#!
Celestial Shadow
When AREN'T you hyper?
Zarpia
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl Posted Today @ 01:55 PM )
QUOTE(Falling_Man @ Aug 24 2005 @ 11:10 PM)

Luckyalchemist and Celes

Why me and her? I barely know her. I think you left out Zarpia though, who is the only non- member who has made the most posts ever. I'd room with her if I could

Aww, Why don't me and Riza just take in with us, our room is big happy.gif
QUOTE(Riza Babe @ Aug 26 2005, 02:02 PM)
Woot me and Zarpia No Chores!! biggrin.gif

WOOT im paired with Zarpia!!! WEEEEEEEEE Im gonna be HYPER@!!@#!
[snapback]262725[/snapback]

Don't tell, the other will notice ph34r.gif
Elderberry
Hm, a dojo would be nice for all the forumers who take martial arts, I suppose. happy.gif

As for my fencing practice, I'd survive with any reasonably sized floor area (preferrably without carpeting, etc.), provided no one gets in the way. laugh.gif (I might end up recruiting someone forcefully as a practice partner, though, just because it's so much more fun with a living target to stab at...ph34r.gif)

Hehe, rooming with Celestial-san wouldn't be bad at all, either. smile.gif We could stay up very late discussing lots and lots of.....things...rolleyes.gif

@Ninja-senpai: Hora, it's much more efficient for my internet and browser settings if I just copy and paste quotes, so I guess I was a bit too used to it. It's lovely having more than one moderator to suck up to, though. tongue.gif
foolmetal alchemist
QUOTE(Elderberry @ Aug 26 2005, 02:21 PM)
Hm, a dojo would be nice for all the forumers who take martial arts, I suppose. happy.gif

As for my fencing practice, I'd survive with any reasonably sized floor area (preferrably without carpeting, etc.(, provided no one gets in the way. laugh.gif (I might end up recruiting someone forcefully as a practice partner, though...ph34r.gif)
[snapback]262743[/snapback]

Hehe, I'm sure there would be room enough for fencing in the dojo. laugh.gif Would.... Ichigo be an appropriate partner..? ph34r.gif
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(zarpia @ Aug 26 2005, 02:18 PM)
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl Posted Today @ 01:55 PM )
QUOTE(Falling_Man @ Aug 24 2005 @ 11:10 PM)

Luckyalchemist and Celes

Why me and her? I barely know her. I think you left out Zarpia though, who is the only non- member who has made the most posts ever. I'd room with her if I could

Aww, Why don't me and Riza just take in with us, our room is big happy.gif
Thanks, but it's okay. I think I'd like to room with Eke-san since Blingy has been absent for some time.

QUOTE(Eke-san)
As for my fencing practice, I'd survive with any reasonably sized floor area (preferrably without carpeting, etc.(, provided no one gets in the way. laugh.gif (I might end up recruiting someone forcefully as a practice partner, though...ph34r.gif)
You gotta teach me one day too! laugh.gif

QUOTE(Eke-san)
Hehe, rooming with Celestial-san wouldn't be bad at all, either. smile.gif We could stay up very late discussing lots and lots of.....things...rolleyes.gif
[snapback]262743[/snapback]

I agree happy.gif It'd be very interesting.
mongooseboi
too bad theres no co-ed rooming, otherwise if celes and slash were in the same room...*f34rs the metal fan*
foolmetal alchemist
QUOTE(mongooseboi @ Aug 26 2005, 03:08 PM)
too bad theres no co-ed rooming, otherwise if celes and slash were in the same room...*f34rs the metal fan*
[snapback]262776[/snapback]

Ah! I forgot! You were still away when they broke up! ohmy.gif
mongooseboi
QUOTE(foolmetal alchemist @ Aug 26 2005, 12:10 PM)
QUOTE(mongooseboi @ Aug 26 2005, 03:08 PM)
[snapback]262776[/snapback]

Ah! I forgot! You were still away when they broke up! ohmy.gif
[snapback]262779[/snapback]

o sh1t haha. ok disregard that post. this is what i get for not catching up with the posts >.<
Slashrose1010
Ehh, she hits me regardless of status. *is too lazy to read and reply to anything else*
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Aug 26 2005, 06:06 PM)
Ehh, she hits me regardless of status. *is too lazy to read and reply to anything else*
[snapback]262911[/snapback]

That's true biggrin.gif I don't think I've gone a day without saying I hate you and hitting you.

@mongooseboi- Sorry, I forgot to tell ya laugh.gif
Fresh_Coffee
^ ph34r.gif

I want Eke to squeeze in with Ailuro and I!!

I'm going to be spending most of my time in the kicthen, where the food is.
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Aug 26 2005, 12:15 PM)
When AREN'T you hyper?

Hey.. thats my job.. *Sulks.. then smiles again.. laugh.gif

There will be a separate building for such couple bonding, so that others may sleep at night undistrubed.

YAY!
he he.. now I AM happy.. happy.gif
Celestial Shadow
@Coffee- Sister, do you always have to steal EVERYONE from me? dry.gif Eke-san too now?

QUOTE(le monkey @ Aug 26 2005, 07:35 PM)

YAY!
he he.. now I AM happy.. happy.gif
[snapback]263031[/snapback]

Why does that sicken me... mellow.gif
Le Monkey
heh.. why ....

are you jelous?

Im shure we could squesse you in?
laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.