Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recipes!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Maybe this should of gone into Spam central, I dont' know.

Anyway, Toby-Chan and I have been posting our culinary delights in Penny for your Thoughts but since they are quickly lost I thought they should have a thread.

Here's my first.

Cornish Game Hen with broccili and chedder stuffing.

ingredients:

Wild rice
Chedder cheese
Broccili
Butter
Salt and pepper to taste.

Cook wild rice. Shred cheese and chop fresh broccili into smallish bits.

When rice is cooked stur in cheese and broccili, add some melted butter and salt and pepper.

Pre-heat oven on 350
Wash game hen and pat dry.
Fill with stuffing and tie legs closed with string. Baste hen with melted butter and put in small roasting pan. Re-baste every half hour.

Cook for about an hour. I recommend checking in about 45 minutes, mine took an hour. It should be golden brown.

The recipe also recomends swiss instead of chedder.
Toby-Chan
happy.gif

Toby's Weird-o adaptation of Buta no Shougayaki.

(All random estimates, since I just improvise)

Ingredients:

Pork (Thinly sliced)
Gari (shaved pink pickled ginger)
Ginger powder
Soy sauce
Vegetable oil.

Marinade the pork slices in a mixture of soy sauce and ginger/ginger powder for ten minutes or so. (I also layed slices of soy covered gari across the meat) Heat vegetable oil and stir-fry the pork slices until you see them fit to eat. Put the gari in the frying pan along with it; it's a fantabulous little ginger-fry.

Serve with rice, noodles, shredded cabbage, etc.
mongooseboi
mongooseboi's awesome breakfast special:

-open the cereal box.
-cut the plastic bag holding the cereal.
-pour the cereal into a bowl.
-add milk.
viola! you are done.
biggrin.gif
its the best i can do :]
Fayt
Fayt's way to make ramen.

-get a pot and water
-steam up the water
-when the water is boiling put in the noodle and optional the curry powder
-add vetebales if you want
-put in egg also if you want
then about 5 minutes pour the ramen into a bowl and have a good meal.
animejunkie429800
Way to make cookies:

1. Buy the cookie dough from supermarket
2. Get some flour and spread it on surface using to do cookie
3. Use a cookie cutter (optional)
4. Put it in the oven till the cookies rise a little*
5. Let cookies cool

*note: Don't burn it. >.<
Envy's lil' miniskirt
So it looks like there's only two real cooks on the board so far. dry.gif
animejunkie429800
I was too lazy to put something up... XP

I have better recipes then that, but some ingredients I don't know how to put in English, because I have a Chinese cookbook. mellow.gif
Slashrose1010
Slash & Pietro's Vegatable Rice Medley *cough* (Pietro is my brother apparently)

I was wondering when you would create this thread :3 Mm, my food is built on simplicity (mostly to save time and money). Hehe, and I really like Italian, which tries to be simplistic ^^ Anyway, here is one that I have been cooking often since the ingredients are around.

Ingrediants: 2 large carrots, a good head or two of broccoli, 2 red bell peppers. 3 plum tomatoes and erm... I dunno the exact measurements for the brown rice and tomatoe sauce =P (red pepper flakes optional for spice)

Tools: large pan and rice cooking device (that's about it besides the obvious necessities)

Directions: Mmm, start out by cooking your brown rice, depending on how long it will take to cook in your rice cooker/microwave/etc, just make sure you have about 15 minutes from when the rice is done so you can cook the veggies. :3 OK, so put your chopped carrots and broccoli in your large pan first since they will take the longest to cook. After around 7 minutes or until there are brown bits on your broccoli and carrots toss in the rest of your veggies (bell peppers and plum tomatoes). They should only take a few minutes to cook, about 4 I guess. Then, you add your tomatoe sauce in. This will drop the pan temperature, so you can turn up the heat a bit. Let the sauce simmer (with lid on if possible, stirring occasionally. This is also the time to add the optional red pepper flakes, as to infuse it into the sauce). Let it cook for a few minutes so it can cook the veggies through and heat up the sauce. OK, so your rice is done, add your hot rice into the pan and mix thoroughly until your rice is nice and coated ^^ You can cook it in the pan a bit more if you used too much sauce and need to reduce it, but that's about it! Cooked and ready to serve. BTW, this is for about 2 liberal servings. You can always make another batch or just use larger quantities. Enjoy ^^

^I know the directions are poorly written, but hopefully you could understand that OK and yes, I did use approximations, but cooking is an art, darnit. There is no exact method for any recipe dry.gif Also, of course, you can alway mix and match veggies and *cough meat if you like cough* to your liking ^^

*Hits forehead* Of course Basil, amoung other herbs/spices could be welcome as well according to taste ^^;; Bon Appètite!
edsgirl
I've been waiting for a thread like this also!

Rainy's Chicken Carbonara
ingredients:
1lb Diced chicken breast
1 box Angel Hair pasta ( can substitute with Spaghetti Squash if your counting carbs)
1 jar Any kind of Alfredo sauce ( I use a homemade one)
2 cloves garlic
5 slices of Bacon (cut in small pieces)
1lb Mushrooms
1 Bell Pepper (can add extra veggies if you so desire)
3 or 4 Tbs of butter or magerine

1. Start boiling water for pasta. Add noodles whenever water is ready.
2. In a skillet on medium heat, add chicken breast, 2 Tbs margerine, and garlic. Cook until chicken is white and then set aside in a seperate dish.
3.In same pan add 2Tbs of butter and Mushrooms. Cook until the shrooms no longer have any liquid. Once the muchrooms are done, add red bell pepper. Once done, set mixture aside in a bowl.
4. In same pan cook bacon until done. Drain.
5. Remove the bacon grease from pan and then add jar of Alfredo sauce. Once sauce starts to simmer, add vegetables and chicken to pan. Let simmer for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is the right temp.
6. Drain noodles and combine all the ingredients together.
7. Bon Appetit!
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Aug 24 2005, 04:00 AM)
[snapback]260060[/snapback]

[gulp]

ph34r.gif
edsgirl
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Aug 24 2005, 11:34 AM)

[gulp]

ph34r.gif
[snapback]260175[/snapback]

My secret ingredient! it's has to be chopped to bits though! ph34r.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Aug 24 2005, 04:16 PM)
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Aug 24 2005, 11:34 AM)

[gulp]

ph34r.gif
[snapback]260175[/snapback]

My secret ingredient! it's has to be chopped to bits though! ph34r.gif
[snapback]260485[/snapback]

I guess now I shouldn't be surprised if I wake up in a walk-in fridge one morning, with my limbs missing. ph34r.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Ok, which one of you kind people are going to post a Pho recipe?
Slashrose1010
^When my mom makes it *her's was the best when I was a non-vegetarian :3* She boils a large pot... I dunno, probably over a gallon of chicken broth laugh.gif (firm believer in large quantities) and flame roasts two onions and put those in... I think she might have put a few star anis (sp?) in as well. Just add some ngoc nom (sp? Cafè, help!) to taste and you can have it with thinly cut beef strips or some boiled chicken. That is pretty much it. Also, you should add some chopped flat leaf parsley and basil is a nice touch as well. I have to use Sriracha hot sauce. It is the best :3 Like I said, it is mostly taste testing and junk. I don't even think my mom has an exact recipe. Hopefully that is fairly accurate, Mini =/
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Here's a dish I've loved for years.

It's not the healthiest dish but it's really good comfort food.

Tater Tot Casserole

2 lbs Ground Beef

1 lrg onion (optional as far as I'm concerned)

I can Cream of Mushroom Soup ( I usually use Campbells)
Some recipies also call for Golden mushroom soup in addition.

1 soup can of water

1 2lb package of tater tots

Chedder cheese

Cook beef and onion in a skillet, be sure to drain off any fat. Add soup and water, mix thoroughly. Put into Casserole pan and cover with Tater Tots. Grade chedder cheese on top.

Bake at 475 for about 25 minuites.

It's sooo goood trust me. biggrin.gif

hitokiri
Hito's Beef Not So Stroganov

- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano
- 1 large cut of prime sirlion
- 1 package of tortellini, unless you're a nut and want to make it from scratch
- 1/2 medium sized onion of your choice
- potato (either a larger regular peeled idaho or 2 medium sized reds with skin)
- adobo seasoning
- chile powder
- salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- plenty of garlic
- extra virgin olive oil

tenderize sirlion* and season sirlion with adobo, chile powder, salt and pepper to taste. in a large bowl, mix the seasonings with about half a cup of olive oil along with as much finely chopped garlic as desired (i personally use about 1/4 to 1/2 a cup). cube sirlion into size desired. marinate in oil mixture overnight.

cube potato(es). finely chop 3 to 5 cloves of garlic. chop onion. remove meat from fridge. heat a large pan, coat with butter. add meat, searing all sides quickly before too much heat is lost from the pan. add 1/3 of your total garlic, all of the onions, and the potato(es). now when meat and potatoes is about 2/3 done, add enough water to allow it to come to a nice simmer. add the rest of the garlic, cover and let it simmer till done.

while the meat and potatoes are simmering.... in a seperate pan. heat heavy cream over low-medium heat. add butter, whisk gently to melt. sprinkle in cheese and stir to incorporate. season with freshly cracked black pepper.

drain the meat and potatoes when done, but before you give the meat a chance to seep out too much juice. add said meat and potatoes to sauce. let simmer on low heat together while you cook the tortellini. combine tortellini and sauce mixture. do a quick toss or two to coat the pasta with sauce. transfer to large serving dish/bowl/helmet/or whatever the hell you are using. enjoy.

*note: i personally believe that sirlion is of just the right consistency that one can tenderize it with a fist. very therapeutic......
Carnal Malefactor
...I think I might try that tenderizing method sometime... biggrin.gif
hitokiri
ok upon request here is my recipe for apple and gorgonzola stuffed pork chops. some people prefer to butterfly the pork chops, but i prefer to actually stuff them.... its up to you the recipe can be rather easily adjusted.

ingredients:

- vegatable, olive, or whatever the hell kind of oil you prefer.
- 4 large boneless pork chops
- about a half stick of butter
- 2 apples; some people like tart, some like sweet... i prefer to use one of each.
- 1.5 cups of crumbled gorgonzola

either butterfly or create a meat pocket in your porkchops, if you are making a pocket make it as large as you want depending on how much stuffing you want. heat a up large skillet and cook pork chops as you normally would untill they are about half done, make sure to get a nice golden brown on each side. if you are going to butterfly them then cook em all the way.

at the same time you are cooking the pork chops, heat up a seperate pan and combine 3/4 of your butter and the apples. saute apples till tender. at this point you can make the apples in the same way you would for apple pie filling, ie cinnamon and a bit of nutmeg, maybe some vanilla.... thats what i do, but some people don't care for that. when the apples are tender, combine them with the gorgonzola and turn off the burner. mix in the cheese until you get thick creamy apple and cheese goodness.

note: if using the oven/stuffed method, while you are baking the chops you might want to do some roasted potatos as they go rather well with this dish. so prepare that now...

ok at this point if you are just going with the butterfly method, when your pork chops are done fill them with the apple cheese filling. plate, serve, and enjoy.

if you are going for the stuffed method, carefully stuff the pork chops with your mixture.... beware meat pockets release much heat, steam, and juice. preheat oven to 350. now take the remaining 1/4 of your butter and coat a nice oven safe pan/dish with it, and if there is any left rub a little over the pork chops. place pork chops in the dish and put in the oven for 5-10 mins a side, or until done to your liking. plate, serve, enjoy...
Fullmetal Fugazi
I dont have a name for this concoction.

mind you I can actually cook very well but this recipe is a very SIMPLE and very tasty.

heres what ya need:
1 can Hormell chilly NO BEANS
1 small bag of Fritos (about 1 cup)
1 can of Kraft instant cheese spread (looks like can of silly string)

mix one cup fritos into on can heated hormell chilly and spray as much cheese as you like (I useualy use about a quarter of the can)
mix and enjoy

this is not the healthiest snack but it is one of the best tasting so enjoy
hitokiri
QUOTE(Fullmetal Fugazi @ Sep 17 2005, 09:39 PM) [snapback]287418[/snapback]

mind you I can actually cook very well but this recipe is a very SIMPLE and very tasty.

heres what ya need:

mix one cup fritos into on can heated hormell chilly and spray as much cheese as you like (I useualy use about a quarter of the can)
mix and enjoy

i know what you can call that, the colon killer... cause eventually, if you eat enough of that, your colon will implode itself as an act of suicide....
Envy's lil' miniskirt
^That's called Frito pie. Not as good as taco in a bag but still good.

Thanks for the recipie Hito, I'm already drooling.

Fullmetal Fugazi
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Sep 17 2005, 09:45 PM) [snapback]287422[/snapback]

QUOTE(Fullmetal Fugazi @ Sep 17 2005, 09:39 PM) [snapback]287418[/snapback]

heres what ya need:

mix and enjoy

i know what you can call that, the colon killer... cause eventually, if you eat enough of that, your colon will implode itself as an act of suicide....

time to cleans the colon tongue.gif
Fan_Alchemist
I'm learning how to make muffins in Home ec.

I've already made Applesauce Muffins and they were delicious. (drools)
Shell
Spaghetti Salad

Time: 10-15 mins.
1 pack spaghetti
Extra virgin olive oil
Fresh tomatoes
Fresh basil
Pack of Feta cheese.

Cook the spaghetti in plenty of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions. While that’s cooking slice the tomatoes into chunks. Crumble the feta cheese and rip up the Basil. (You could use other herbs such as mint)

Drain the spaghetti. Put a good splash of olive oil in the pan, return the spaghetti to the pan and put back on the heat. Add the other ingredients and stir well. Serve straight away
Toby-Chan
Here's the Video Recipe (3 minutes) for the Ginger chicken and Broccoli I made tonight. It is quite easy, and the broccoli turns out so tasty (as opposed to how broccoli is normally gag-worthy when placed in the hands of those who don't prepare it properly)

Needs a side dish though. I just made rice to keep it simple, but I'd like to try noodles next time, possibly somen. Frying them in ginger glaze also sounds like an awesome deal. (Next time I intend to use more honey and vinegar, and possibly extra water, just so it ends up with some saucey residue.)

Oh, and we didn't have any white wine vinegar, so I used a dash of raspberry vinegar and balsamic.
beyondredemption
Here's something very simple, but it's so easy that it's like a family heirloom, and you can do it with your kids, not that I have any.

Banana Graham Cake

Ingrediants:

Bananas, nice and ripe, so that they are as far as they can go without turning brown. However many you need, I usually use a full bunch, with five or six, but it depends on size too.

Regular Graham crackers- get a box just to be safe, and eat the leftovers!

1 can white icing

You will need a glass pan,of the type you use to make cassorole and lasagna, that is at least 9*12, but I usually use a nice big one.

Put a layer of graham crackers down, and slice a thin layer of banana circles on top of that. If you use this as a bonding thing with a kid, you can use a butter knife. Add another layer of grahams and banana, alternating until you get to the top of the pan. Make sure that the last layer is graham crackers. Add the icing on top. Make sure that you cover all the graham with icing, or you will have random hard bits of graham. Cover (very loosely) and refrigerate for one day, or if you can't wait that long, at least several hours. It's better if you wait the day.

Probably not too origional, but hey. The result is a very sweet, moist cake, but it is really good. The bananas and graham soften and sorta fuse together. One piece makes you hyper for days tongue.gif ...
Ratzenheich FMA Super fan
Can anyone share with me their version of their Alfredo or Pesto pasta recipes? I'm tired of my different Carbonara and Putanesca recipes. Thanks!

BTW, I'm fond of making pasta dishes. biggrin.gif
mei_tenshi
At Tombow's request, I share with you the tiramisu recipe from my Italian Cooking class!

Some alterations that I made:
- Tiramisu traditionally calls for coffee, but since no one at my brother's house drinks coffee (and I forgot to buy a cup before I went to use his kitchen), I substituted coffee with hot chocolate. I used the packaged powder kind, mixing about half a cup of water for each 1-oz package for richer flavor.
- Instead of sprinkling dark cocoa on top, I used regular cocoa. I'd imagine dark cocoa would be more bitter-tasting. And if you want to be fancy, you can use chocolate shavings.
- I didn't use brandy, for obvious reasons. >_>

Note on the eggs: Nothing is cooked in tiramisu; therefore, the eggs are raw. If you're feeling squeamish about that, you can use pasteurized eggs, which gets ride of Salmonella and other bacteria. It's also slightly more expensive than regular eggs. My instructor says that she's never gotten sick from using regular eggs, though.

----------------------------
Tiramisu

Ingredients: (2 layers in a 5" x 10" dish)
3 eggs
8 oz mascarpone [it's a type of cheese]
1 cup sugar
1 package of ladyfingers
6 shots espresso or 1 cup coffee
2 tbsp brandy (optional)
Dark cocoa powder (about 1-2 tbsp)

You will need: Serving dish or containers, spatula, plate, bowl

1. Separate egg white from yolk and put the yolks into a bowl
2. Mix yolks, sugar, and mascarpone in a bowl
3. Pour some of the warm or hot espresso (with brandy) on a flat plate and dip ladyfingers until soaked. Be careful not to let them fall apart. Less than 1 second dip on each side will suffice [As in, put it in, flip it, take it out. Don't even wait for it to soak, just get it out of there.]
4. Line up the ladyfingers in the serving dish or pan so they cover the bottom
5. Cover them with half of the mascarpone mix, not all of it
6. Put another layer of soaked ladyfingers on top, and cover that with the rest of the mascarpone mix
7. Powder the top with dark cocoa powder until none of the mascarpone mix can be seen [I had trouble with the powdering, mostly because I've never done it before. I was working with a sturdy baking pan, so I found that it was easier if I spooned a little bit of the powder in various sections over the mascarpone, and shook the dish sideways and around. (Not up! Don't shake up and down, unless you want flying tiramisu! Just shake it enough so the powder is evenly distributed.) It's bound to make a mess, so be sure to do this over the sink or somewhere easy to clean. If you find that there're clumps of powder rolling across your tiramisu, as I did, you can tilt it a bit and shake it out, or carefully spoon it. Whatever works for you.]
8. Refrigerate for 3 hours (otherwise the cake won't stay together)
Tombow
^^ Thank you Mei Mei!! happy.gif
I will try it this holiday season!! Yammm!! biggrin.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
OMG I love you Mei!!! ohmy.gif

I think I'm going to make that for Christmas.
Bakka
i have a recipie (its not for the weight concious lol)

they are donut like cookie they should turn out light crispie and in a cup shape

Roses

1 cup of all purpouse flour

2 large eggs

four table spoons of regular white sugar

1 tablesloon of vinilla

Mix all of the above ingrediants on fast in an electric mixer

boil Suace pan of oil until reaches 210 degrees of higgher (dont kill yourself please)

add a tablesoon or so of the mix into the oil
agian and agian

each should turn out light and crispy

finish by sprinkling powdered sugar on the "roses"

easy as pie chhicken pot pie

get LARGE puff pastry flat dough

get medium sized brounie pan(must be small)

get any kind of precooked,unflavored chicken(as much as you want)

1 1/2 - 2 cup/s of flour(depending on preference)

1-2 can of chicken soup(depeding on preference)

(optional veggies)
preheat oven to 350
Mix all the indrediants (EXEPT PUFF PASTERI)
then put em in the brounie pan, cover with puffpastery

remove when puff pastery is lightly brown

ENJOY MY EASY AS PIE POT PIE!
Toby-Chan
I don't have proper recipes. Most everything I make is improv.

Toby reccomends for cream sauce-

Use of whichever cream sauce base ingredients you are fond of using. I have used an array of dairy products to similar ends; milk, cream, half and half, cream cheese, mozzerella cheese, cottage cheese, etc.

Spices that are good-

Cracked red pepper
Plain ground black or white pepper
Nutmeg

I'm thinking about trying basil next.

I had to improvise for lack of a sweet ingredient in my ginger chicken and broccoli the other day (usually honey and vinegar) and I used pineapple juice. Was not bad at all.

Improv 20 minute "curry"- (Which is a chimera of various curry recipes, along with some good old american shortcuts)

Diced chicken, sliced onions, and garlic clove fried in olive oil, in a shallow pot
Milk and cottage cheese added, cheese melted, then yellow curry powder added, boiled to a sauce-like consistency,
Shredded spinach added, then covered and simmered.

I can't remember what else I added... I think there was more.

Served over buttered rice.
Bakka
TOBY! im going to make that right now! *drool*
Stealth
That sound's nice and all but some how even though i follow everything by the book there is a fire or someone get's sick. My kind of cooking comes out of a packet.
Synth Alchemist
its only a recipe i learned for my grandpa

- 10 marshmallows
- 250ml of chocolate syrup
- One spoon of your favourite topping

Cover the marshmallows with the chocolate, then warm it in the oven and cover each marshmallow with the topping

The recipe its ''chocomallow'' enjoy it!
Bakka
^that sound like a hard attack on a plate *to sweet*
Synth Alchemist
yeah.... is so hard but if u do it a lot of times is simple like post in ''rate the avatar above you''
Soujirou

I have a good recipe

Three Cheese Pizza

Dough:
1 cup warm water
1 package active dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups all-purpose flour
Topping:
1 tablespoon olive oil
6 ounces exotic mushrooms, such as chanterelle, shiitake or wood ear, rinsed well, dried and thinly sliced
1 1/4 cups thin strips prosciutto (about 4 ounces)
2 tablespoons white truffle oil
6 ounces soft mild goat cheese such as Montrachet, crumbled (about 3/4 cup)
6 ounces Fontina, grated (about 3/4 cup)
3 ounces thinly sliced Teleme cheese

Heat 1 cup of water to 110 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the water, yeast, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and salt until the yeast is dissolved. Add 1 1/2 cups flour to the yeast mixture, mixing by hand until all the flour is incorporated and no lumps remain. Continue adding flour 1/4 cup at a time working the dough by hand after each addition until all the flour is incorporated, yet the dough remains slightly sticky.
Lightly oil a large mixing bowl with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon olive oil. Place the dough in the oiled bowl and turn to coat with olive oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set in a warm, non-drafty place. Allow the dough to rise until nearly double in size, about 1 hour.
Remove the dough from the bowl and briefly work by hand, separating into 2 equal sized discs. Place the dough on a lightly greased sheet pan, cover with plastic wrap, and set in a warm, non-drafty place to rest for 15 minutes, or until ready to use.
Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and saute just until their juice has evaporated, stirring from time to time, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool.
With your hands, gently stretch 1 dough disc to a 6-inch round. Place the dough round on a lightly greased baking sheet, and pat out to a 10 to 12-inch round, about 1/8-inch thick. Repeat with the remaining dough disc. Top each piece of dough with half of the mushrooms, half of the proscuitto, and 1 tablespoon of truffle oil. Sprinkle the cheeses over the mushrooms, and bake until the dough is brown and the cheese is bubbly, about 15 minutes, switching the pans between racks after 7 minutes. Serve immediately.

This is a recipe of my mom kitchen
Synth Alchemist
Wow, it looks hard, i made and is delicious!!!! Good recipe Alchemist_of_Time
Stealth
Well i think this belongs here better there any where else,

I need help. i have to bring something to x-mas lunch and i dont know what to bring, as long as it is sweet and easy.
Any idea on what i can do?
I will also remind you that i am not the best cook.
Edamame
The Stealth Alchemist, I found that you can never seem to go wrong with baking a batch of brownies. They are relatively simple to make and not terribly time consuming. Plus, you can make your recipe more elaborte by adding various flavours of chocolate chips and chopped nuts. (Just make sure that nobody is allergic to the ingredients.)

Alchemist_of_Time: Your pizza recipe sounds incredible. I have a whole month off from school, so perhaps I shall try making it. It does sound fairly difficult to make though.
Tombow
QUOTE(Edamame @ Dec 23 2006, 12:20 PM) [snapback]487592[/snapback]
The Stealth Alchemist, I found that you can never seem to go wrong with baking a batch of brownies. They are relatively simple to make and not terribly time consuming. Plus, you can make your recipe more elaborte by adding various flavours of chocolate chips and chopped nuts. (Just make sure that nobody is allergic to the ingredients.)

Ok, here is some brownie recipe:

1 cup butter
1 and a half cups regular sugar, & Half cup dark brown sugar
4 eggs
1 and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 and 1/3 cups flour
Half teaspoon salt
1 bag chocolate chips (about 2 to 3 cups, I guess)
1/8 teaspoon baking soda

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (= about 163 degree Celsius)
Completely line (cover) a 9-inch by 13-inch (= about 23cm x 28cm) baking dish with aluminum foil, shiny-side down, and cooking spray (or smear about 1 tab of butter all over) the non-shiny side of aluminum foil that is now showing inside the baking pan.

Cream butter until soft.
(a.k.a. put butter in a bowl, then take a wooden spoon and just mix till butter gets soft.)
Add sugars and mix more.
Then add eggs, 1 egg at a time and mix more each time before you add the next egg.
Add vanilla, and mix.
Add flour and salt, and mix.

Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler (or a metal bowl put on top of a pot of slowly boiling water, OR put chocolate chips in a glass bowl and melt them in microwave oven, about 15 seconds at time till they get soft, but not completely melted... then mix it, and that will make it sufficiently melted)
Add baking soda to chocolate, mix some more.

Put 2/3 of the white batter into the baking dish.
Add the melted chocolate mixture to the remaining (1/3 left in the bowl, right??) white batter.
Mix thoroughly and pour over the white batter in the baking dish.
Take a table knife (or stick, or anything) and cut through (just swirl the knife around) the dough in the baking dish to marbleize. (Do not overdo and completely mix the dough!! laugh.gif )
Bake about 40 minutes, or until a toothpick, or fork or stick, inserted in the center comes out clean.
Take out from the oven, then cool it completely.
Cut into squares, and eat them!!! biggrin.gif

OR, freeze the brownies when cooled, still in the baking dish and uncut.
Remove the brownies from the pan and peel off the foil.
Cut in squares and serve.
Or, you can let them get soft and eat at room temperature.

The completed browny may, (or may not) look like this. biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment

OT: @Edamame - Long time no see!! Nice to see your posts again!! happy.gif
Synth Alchemist
Tombow: It look delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tongue.gif I will do it for Christmas dinner

Soujirou: That recipe taste so good biggrin.gif. But is so expensive. Can you do something not expensive?
Stealth
@Tombow and Edamame: thanks for the help but i stuffed up and burnt it sad.gif but it was going good at the start. My sister covered for me though and made these cream filled things.
Some people just cant cook and i am one of them, i was thinking about lessons so i will be ready for next year.
Toby-Chan
Reccomendations for hot cocoa!

My primary reccomendation is that you experiment to your heart's content. Cocoa can be enjoyed so many ways.

Try making it homemade (usually there will be a recipe on the can of plain baking cocoa) just involving milk cocoa sugar and vanilla. Try using honey in the stead of sugar.

With hot chocolate, whipped cream is always good on top, but it looks better when you sprinkle some cocoa over the whipped cream, maybe put some stripes of chocolate syrup on top. When it looks stylish, it just adds a little something awesome.

Stir it with a mint candy cane. Or use shots of peppermint extract. A few years ago I also tried coconut extract, and I believe orange extract as well.

Spices- Cinnamon is a good one. (Also makes a good top-sprinkling additive for on the cream) Cloves, whole or ground, allspice, whole or ground.

Also good, and I'm not kidding- A small pinch of ground cayenne pepper. Especially with dark chocolate. Gives it a tasty little kick. (Cayenne pepper is also good for sore throats.)

Hot milk with vanilla and various spices can be good too. I like melting some vanilla ice cream in there as well. I think Caribou coffee serves hot milk with flavor shots. Might have to try doing something like that.

Next up, I'm going to try mulling grape juice with spices (Since I'm underaged and wasn't allowed to try the german mulled wine at the christmas party) I'll let you know how that turns out.
ScarMySoul
Ruladen

Tis my mother's recipe

Thinly sliced beef (about 8 slices)
Sandwich Sliced Dill Pickles
Mustard
Bacon
Toothpicks

Makes 8 servings.

Heat oven to 375. Lay sliced beef flat. Place one dill pickle on beef. Add one slice of bacon. Draw one line of mustard across the meat. Roll up tightly and secure with toothpick. Place each meat roll into a caserole dish. Cook for an hour covered and 25 minutes uncovered. Serve hot.
Shinobimelxi
blink.gif ....... *chef nut*
I'm gonna inform you on how to make Peanut Butter Cookies, the healthy way with the same yummy taste.
If you don't understand measuring/cooking lingo, then I warn you... there is much involved ohmy.gif .

Cream together:
1/3 cup of low-calorie margarine
1/4 cup fructose
2 tbs fructose
Until well blended.

Beat in v:
1 large egg
1 cup low-sodium, cream-style peanut butter
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
and
1 tbs vanilla extract
Until smooth.

Add:
1 cup sifted unbleached flour, or just ordinary flour
And beat until well blended.

~Roll dough into balls about 3/4-inch in diameter and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
~Score in crisscross fashion with fork tines to flatten.
~Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes or until browned.
~Cautiously remove cookies from sheet and place them on plates.

~ Makes 80 cookies!

Each cookie contains about:
29 calories!
15 mg sodium
2g fat
0 mg cholesterol
Exchanges: 1/2 bread.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN???
  • Tbs means tablespoon.
  • Tsp means teaspoon
  • 1 cup is 8 oz, like a can of soda
  • 1/4 a cup is one fourths of a cup, which is like.... divide a can of soda into 5 sections, the very bottom slice is 4ths the can, 4ths the oz, 4ths a cup.
  • 1/2 is half 8oz, which is half a can of soda, which is 6 oz.
  • 1/3 a cup is like how i explained 1/4s a cup. its one slice more/above the first. 2 slices a can of soda in other words.
  • 3 slices make 1/2 cup

Grocery list-
-low-calorie margarine
-fructose
-eggs
-low-sodium cream-style peanut butter
-baking soda
-ground cinnamon
-vanilla extract
-sifted unbleached flour
or
-Flour

Trust me, they will taste like an ordinary peanut butter cookie, just more healthier.

I hope to have a job as a lawyer, but also be able to run a restaurant that serves healthy great tasting food, somewhat like subway, just not only with the subs (and i guess the newly introduced pizza).

I have many recipes in mind, if you wanna know more, PM me laugh.gif .
Tombow
This week, Roy x Riza, the Royai thread in FMA Character Discussion

forum is having the first annual
Royai Summer Festival !!

Everyone on the board is invited to join the activities!!

Tuesday, Aug. 21 - Thursday, Aug. 23, Royai Summer Picnic Recipe Contest: We are looking for recipes for Summer Picnic with Roy and Riza as the hosts!!
Starting on Tuesday, Aug. 21, please post and share your fav picnic recipe
(or recipes you think are great for the picnic hosted by Roy and Riza ^^) on Royai thread!!
International flares are highly encouraged!!
Voting will take place on Friday, Aug. 24 on Royai thread.
Winners will be announced on Festival closing day, Sat. Aug 25 Royai thread.

We'll post the winning recipes here later!! biggrin.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Other activities for the festival include:
Wednesday, Aug. 22, Royai Swimsuites Contest:
On this day, post your fav style for Roy's and Riza's (or other FMA characters') swimsuites.
Written description or images are accepted.
Voting will take place on Friday, Aug. 24 on the same thread.
Winners will be announced on Festival closing day, Sat. Aug 25 on the same thread.
Preliminary unofficial polls on Royai thread indicate the popular color for Riza's suimsuites is Blue, and for Roy, posters prefer shorts over Speedo 10 to 1!! laugh.gif

Thursday, Aug. 23, One Shot Royai Fanfic Thursday:
On this day, submit (by posting it on Royai thread) a 500 to 1000 word one-shot Royai Summer story integrating these three (3) words; watermelon(s), fireworks, and...nosebleed!
(Yes, nosebleed!!! XDD )

Between Sunday, Aug. 19 ~ Thursday Aug. 23, submit (by posting on Royai thread) your entry for 2007 Royai Summer Festival Banner Contest:
This year's theme is "watermelon(s), fireworks, and bikini." The banner may reflect this year's theme, or it can reflect general summer Royai theme.
It can be any size. If fanarts are used, please make sure that the original artist(s) would not object to your using his/her fanarts. ^^
Voting will take place on Friday, Aug. 24 on the same thread.
Winners will be announced on Festival closing day, Sat. Aug 25 on the same thread.

Throughout the week of Sunday, Aug. 19 ~ Sat. Aug. 25, submit (by posting on Royai thread) your 2007 Royai Summer Festival fanarts/fanworks and fanfics contributions for
2007 Royai Summer Festival Album.
Contributed piece can be any size and length. If some other artists' fanarts are incorporated, please make sure that the original artist(s) would not object to your using his/her fanarts. ^^
This year's theme is "watermelon, fireworks, and bikini." The contributed piece may reflect this year's theme, or it can reflect general summer Royai theme.

And, in conjunction, we are holding Stormie's Royai Twilight Fanfic/Fanart/Doujin/Famworks Contests.
The theme is vampire Roy and whatever-you-want-her-to-be Riza. We have several strong fanfic entries, but additional entries are welcome, and we are especially calling out for Fanart/Fanworks entries. You can find more details and contest rules here.
Winners will be announced on Saturday, Aug. 25 on Royai thread.

All contributed pieces/contest entries will be included in this year's Royai Summer Festival Album!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fushi
You have your dates wrong Tomby. Tuesday is the 21st. And so on.
Tombow
^^ Oops!! Thanks for catching it!! happy.gif
(BTW, it's Tombow. ^^)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.