Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favorite Style Of Alchemy
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
hitokiri
<Edited the poll choices and added "Others (Please specify)" 04/20/07 ~Tombow>

personally i'm gonna have to go with the originator himself Hohenheim....
Chibi Viki
yep, i also go with Hohenheim himself. he's so fluid and almost effortless. took YEARS of perfection, i guess...

*hears the gasp of fellow royxriza fans*

well, i gotta admit, his alchemy is very impressive indeed. i have yet to see Ed's rumored Serpent's cross though.

Ed's alchemy is impressive, yes, but it looks like he needs more practice. he seems to exert so much into his transmutations. (hey, where's Al's?)

Roy's alchemy is also powerful BUT he's got a major weakness. so far, he's the only one with it.

Armstrong's alchemy need more variation.

Izumi's looks like Ed's already (well, she is his master after all)

kimbley... i just didn't like the guy >_<

shou tucker's was... battle useless. his alchemy was more of the research type.

scar's alchemy just destroyed a lot of things... not really creative.
Prinz_Zoisit
i chose "Ed's Metal Alchemy" cause the most famous story about alchemy is the story about the german alchemist Johann Friedrich Böttger who had to produce artificial gold(metal) for the king of Saxony, or else he would have been hanged^^;;.
But he "only" produced "white gold", what today you call china(Porzellan)... and the king was satisfied though laugh.gif laugh.gif
hitokiri
QUOTE(Chibi Viki @ Sep 9 2004, 06:45 PM)
Ed's alchemy is impressive, yes, but it looks like he needs more practice. he seems to exert so much into his transmutations. (hey, where's Al's?)

Al's alchemy use is few and far between..... that and there is really no prevalent style to his alchemy that i can notice..... if i'm wrong point it out...
Quistis88
I too voted for Hohenheim, with my reasons already stated in posts above. biggrin.gif
motoh
Roy took the lead in my opinion when he got soaked fighting Lust that one time.
(manga)

Voted on Scar, though, because that was just a great stunt having himself finish the circle to make the Stone.
wolfi1412
voted for Hohemheim.. i just like things that can started with "Hikari"
Carnal Malefactor
I like things that go 'b00m'
Queen of the dammed
Don't kill me.. I voted for Dante's Alchemy, that's because she's so damn good at manipulating it... it seems that she has the most resolve...
Shinigami
Well i went for roy since his alchemy seems to be the best orintated for battle eg *click* people go boom. Although he does have some weaknesses loss of gloves or water.
hideo
Roy's alchemy seems to be to coolest..... atleast thats what I think...
Omakase Shimasu
I voted for Ed's Metal Alchemy... though he's got it better since.. you know, the metal arm. I don't have a metal arm. But I guess I think it's cool that Ed's not toally restricted to Metal, since he's got his "clap-technique" and all. *__* It would be cool if I could just clap my hands and transmute something, just like that.
Kasumi
Voted for Roy's Flame Alchemy. I tend to like things associated with fire. Besides, water is my enemy. tongue.gif
Kodachrome
KIMBLEY'S METHOD!
Ailuro
What about the Tringham brothers' Plant Alchemy? Or does no one like them ? >>
Queen of the dammed
Plant alchemy is COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL....

BTW Ailuro, I love your avatar....
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Sep 12 2004, 04:40 AM)

biggrin.gif Totally forgot about them. And I like Russell. OK, I like Fletcher too. Ah what the heck, I like RussellxEd. XD Kakakaka~

I did it once again. :rollsyes: I'm such a "bad" person.
Ailuro
Heh, Kase. Naughty naughty. :3

BTW Ailuro, I love your avatar....

Thank you! ^^
hitokiri
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Sep 12 2004, 04:40 AM)

yeah i totally forgot about them, but yeah those guys are mad talented considering they were one of the only people that can make the red stones other than ed. but still i really have to say that Hohenheim really cant be beat when it comes to mastery of alchemy... think about it he's Dante's sensei, that and those crazy Al-looking light golems he can make.
They could only make the red stones by following their fathers research so it wasn't that hard. It was more impressive that they were able to get rid of the red water by the use of trees.
Ailuro
Dante's sensei? When did it say that?
I thought they were on roughly the same skill level 'back then', I don't recall him being her sensei.
But eh, I might've missed it. o_O
hitokiri
i just checked and you're right it really doesnt say it directly but from the cutscene when they made the philosopher's stone it appears, at least to me that dante was the student/appentice/lackey and that Hohenheim was the man. i just hope he's the one that gets to put the smackdown on dante in the end, considering that he's not technically dead

oh and as a side note, i'm not surprised that roy's winning right now cause his alchemy is seen most other than ed's. but i am surprised that there isnt somebody out there with a demented enough sense of humor to vote for armstrong
Ailuro
Hmm.. Maybe they flipped a coin and Hohenheim got stuck with the transmuting. tongue.gif
But I suppose it does seem that way in the flashback.

And yes, I agree. Hohenheim should be the one to put Dante where she belongs.
Shinigami
Well i think it was because Hohenhiem was the stronger alchemist that he got stuck with the transmution of the stone. Plus i think he was stronger because he had seen the gate (not using a transmution circle).
Haroken
EIther Armstrong or Scar. Both are simply badass.
hitokiri
yeah they are both very hardcore guys but scar really is too much of a stereotypical one dimensional character but as far as the badass club goes roy should really be in there as well, i mean this dude almost never wants to do what he has to but he does it just because it has to be done..... to me thats the true sign being brave/badass
Gashole
A few things I don't get:
- If Ed is a metal alchemist, then how is he able to transform things into metal? I thought alchemy is where you understand the composition of an item, break it down and transform it into something of a different shape but of the same composition?
- Where does Mustang's fire come from? What does he trade to make fire??? (Oxygen??) Also, does it mean he can't transform anything else?
- This is a little unrelated, but why do the better alchemists have different transmutation circles?
Kasumi
Uh...I don't really understand your first question. Ed can only transmute metal objects if they original object is of the same composition. Or do you mean his second name? He's known as the metal alchemist due to his automail.

Mustang's fire comes from his gloves. When he snaps his fingers, sparks are ignited (think of a match), and then he changes the concentration of oxygen in the atmosphere and "boom." Roy specializes in fire, so he knows most about transmuting fire and causing explosions. However, I do believe Roy knows other basic alchemy.

All alchemists have different transmutation arrays. This is due to the fact that everyone does their own research. Think of it this way, everyone here has to write an essay on the same topic, but you will never find 2 essays that are exactly alike. So it's the same things for transmutation arrays/sigils, you will seldom find 2 of the same, even if it transmutes the same thing.

Hope that answers your questions. smile.gif
Gashole
wink.gif
steelphoenix
Personally, I go with Roy's Flame Alchemy. I like fire, battle, and Roy. Therefore, Roy's alchemy, the most battle-oriented of the personal alchemies, really appeals to me!

Yeah, I hate it that he can't do his alchemy without the gloves, or in damp conditions, but hey, we all have our weaknesses. He can do other alchemy though(with circles, etc.).

I can't really judge though... I've only read the manga, up to Ch. 32... mad.gif . Life sux sometimes...
dreamcatcher_alchemist
I voted for Roy's alchemy, but I'm biased, I'm attracted to anything that involves fire (the curse of being a fire fighter). And I actually like the fact that his flame alchemy is useless in water or without his gloves. It actually makes him seem more human.

-ais
lenita
Of course ROY
the sexy flame alchemist uhmm I'm burning biggrin.gif
hitokiri
W.... someone finally voted for armstrong's alchemy....
Thievesvinegar
Kimbly's Bomb Alchemy

I like explosions.
Gashole
You know, I actually think it's kind of cool the way Ed can transform his automail into a sword. Plus it works even in the rain, unlike the Flame Alchemist. rolleyes.gif
dreamcatcher_alchemist
QUOTE(Gashole @ Sep 14 2004, 06:56 PM)
You know, I actually think it's kind of cool the way Ed can transform his automail into a sword. Plus it works even in the rain, unlike the Flame Alchemist.  rolleyes.gif

hehe, tis true. Ed can do a lot of cool things, and that makes him awesome. I'm just biased toward anyone who can produce fire from their hands though. tongue.gif

-ais
Thievesvinegar
it is cool, but even Ed has his weak spots.
dreamcatcher_alchemist
QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ Sep 15 2004, 03:27 AM)
it is cool, but even Ed has his weak spots.

yeah, but doesn't everybody? I mean, the fact that most of them have to rely on an array gives them a weakness.
Beowulf
Blowing up stuff pwn j00.
Vash
I actually like Russell/Fletcher Tringham's alchemy style. Its so.. natural.
Thievesvinegar
I wouldn't exactly call that natural, keep in mind, this is alchemy.
Hym
U also forgot the homonculus alchemy ^^ their special power come from alchemy after all , greed transmute the carbon of his body to make a shield... Maybe i'm going too far, but u forgot Wrath na ? He's an alchemist too , he uses a "fusion" alchemy if i remember^^
And what about Basque Gran With his Canon alchemy ?
MaesHughes33
Who's Psiren, ive watched all the episodes and i dont remember the name....

And when did Hohenheim use his "light" alchemy??? what do u mean by that i dont recall that, it was just his name....
wolfi1412
Psiren is the thief, the water alchemist
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(MaesHughes33 @ Sep 23 2004, 01:10 AM)
And when did Hohenheim use his "light" alchemy??? what do u mean by that i dont recall that, it was just his name....

At the very end of ep. 44 if I'm not mistaken.
Anidjason
All the alchemy are quite cool
i would choose The Traditional Homo-Erotic Armstrong Family Alchemy
hehe...
cos he will take off his shirt whenever he uses it
quite funny laugh.gif
dreamcatcher_alchemist
QUOTE(Anidjason @ Sep 23 2004, 11:52 AM)
All the alchemy are quite cool
i would choose The Traditional Homo-Erotic Armstrong Family Alchemy
hehe...
cos he will take off his shirt whenever he uses it
quite funny laugh.gif

I agree that it is funny when he does that, but after a while he starts to annoy me. ^^;

~ais
hitokiri
w.... i'm gone for a few days and Armstrong gets another vote.....nice......w

just for that i'll leave you with my favorite Armstrong quote:

"Evidence?! If you need some, here it is! [Rips off his shirt and flexes] On this superbly trained body, there isnt a speckle of imperfection! THIS is the proof my cause is right! Now touch my muscles, and see for yourself!"

oh and as for Hym's question of why I left out the individual homunculus alchemies all of their alchemy is technically derived from other peoples alchemies; initially from those who failed human transmutation, then those that created red stones for them to feast on. As for wrath his alchemy is technically an unique from of alchemy but A - i forgot B - i hate wrath SO much C - its due to Ed's stolen arm D - i hate wrath so much i had to mention it twice in this post......ps i hate wrath biggrin.gif
Queen of the dammed
I hate Wrath too!!!
Omakase Shimasu
I hate what he becomes. "Human" Wrath's cute and innocent! ...maybe a bit much so. ph34r.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.