Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Last Exile
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
Pages: 1, 2
Celestial Shadow
Last Exile (ラストエグザイル Rasuto Eguzairu?) is a Japanese animated television series created by Gonzo. It featured a production team led by director Koichi Chigira, character designer Range Murata, and production designer Mahiro Maeda. Last Exile premiered on TV Tokyo on April 7, 2003 and ran for twenty-six episodes until its conclusion on September 29, 2003.
(Source - Wiki)

List of Characters

Plot Summary: In a world that looks like the 19th century with anti-gravity devices, Claus and Lavie are pilot and co-pilot of a Vanship and act as couriers. They become involved with a mysterious mission after rescuing a little girl from a strange star-shaped killing machine. Not willing to let the girl die, they complete the mission by delivering her to the legendary mercenary ship Sylvana, only to become part of the crew as fighter pilots.

Genres: adventure, fantasy, science fiction
Themes: steampunk
Episodes: 26
Age Rating: Older Teen
(Source - ANN)

-------

I know this thread won't last but I just felt the need to make it...biggrin.gif I'm totally addicted to this at the moment, even if I am confused half the time. Especially when people who I thought were like 30 years old kiss people who look like they're 15... rolleyes.gif
foolmetal alchemist
Hmm, this anime is on G4? I think I should watch it later.... but not tonight. It looks like the next showing is at 4:30. biggrin.gif
edsgirl
QUOTE(foolmetal alchemist @ Aug 20 2005, 09:54 PM)
Hmm, this anime is on G4? I think I should watch it later.... but not tonight. It looks like the next showing is at 4:30. biggrin.gif
[snapback]257296[/snapback]

Anime Unleashed comes on at 1:00 and 4:30. I don't know if it comes on Saturdays or not. But yeah it's a really good series. One of the few dubs that are above average.

QUOTE(Celes)
I know this thread won't last but I just felt the need to make it... I'm totally addicted to this at the moment, even if I am confused half the time. Especially when people who I thought were like 30 years old kiss people who look like they're 15...

You must be talking about Sophia?
[spoiler] Yeah, I thought she was older until I saw her in her Princess stuff. She looked much younger then. I wanted to break my t.v. when Mistro kissed Alex! mad.gif [/spoiler]
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Aug 20 2005, 10:03 PM)
QUOTE(Celes)
I know this thread won't last but I just felt the need to make it... I'm totally addicted to this at the moment, even if I am confused half the time. Especially when people who I thought were like 30 years old kiss people who look like they're 15...

[spoiler] Yeah, I thought she was older until I saw her in her Princess stuff. She looked much younger then. I wanted to break my t.v. when Mistro kissed Alex! mad.gif [/spoiler]
[snapback]257299[/snapback]

Whaaa? [spoiler]Just how old is Claus anyway? And Sophia had no right to kiss him! And Maestro Delphine kisses Alex you mean?! mad.gif She doesn't deserve that![/Spoiler]
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I loved Last Exile. I'm supried more people haven't heard of this series. The ending was very sad though. ;-;

I really want to make a Sophia costume. Of her uniform I mean, now if I can only find my Alex. wub.gif

@Celes:

Don't worry. Delphine gets hers in a very satisfying way.
edsgirl
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Aug 20 2005, 10:09 PM)
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Aug 20 2005, 10:03 PM)
QUOTE(Celes)

[snapback]257299[/snapback]

Whaaa? [spoiler]Just how old is Claus anyway? And Sophia had no right to kiss him! And Maestro Delphine kisses Alex you mean?! mad.gif She doesn't deserve that![/Spoiler]
[snapback]257306[/snapback]

He's 15, but Sophia is only 19.
And Mini's right! Delphine get's hers!
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Aug 20 2005, 10:10 PM)
I loved Last Exile. I'm supried more people haven't heard of this series. The ending was very sad though. ;-;
Shimatta! ANOTHER anime with a sad ending! I said I was taking a break from these! sad.gif

QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Aug 20 2005, 10:10 PM)
I really want to make a Sophia costume. Of her uniform I mean, now if I can only find my Alex. wub.gif
You find him, and you better share some pictures!

QUOTE(edsgirl @ Aug 20 2005, 10:21 PM)
[snapback]257318[/snapback]

That's good biggrin.gif I'll look forward to that. And where'd you find those ages at? I wanna know how old Alex is tongue.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Aug 20 2005, 07:21 PM)
[snapback]257318[/snapback]

Waitaminuite.

[spoiler]How is Sophie only 19? Wasn't she with Alex as his co-pilot/girlfriend who fell out of the plane and was found, somehow ending up as royality?[/spoiler]

Of course, the sub I watched had horrible subtitles so maybe I missed something.
Carnal Malefactor
I didn't realize Sophia was that young! I'd thought she was in her mid-20s.

Tatiana was the one I was lusting after on that show, though. She was feisty. biggrin.gif

[spoiler]How is Sophie only 19? Wasn't she with Alex as his co-pilot/girlfriend who fell out of the plane and was found, somehow ending up as royality?[/spoiler]

Of course, the sub I watched had horrible subtitles so maybe I missed something.
[snapback]257336[/snapback]

Hmmm...
[spoiler]it's been over a year since I've watched, but as I recall, Alex only 'kidnapped' Sophia because she reminded him so much of the woman he'd lost back then.[/spoiler]
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Aug 20 2005, 10:41 PM)
I didn't realize Sophia was that young! I'd thought she was in her mid-20s.

Tatiana was the one I was lusting after on that show, though. She was feisty. biggrin.gif
XD I don't see what anyone sees in her...

To answer all of you guys' questions: [Spoiler]Sophia was stationed on the Silvana I believe, and Alex fell in love with her because she reminded him of the woman he had lost. As for Sophia...Well, who can resist Alex? tongue.gif They said it was "love at first sight".[/Spoiler]
Envy's lil' miniskirt
[spoiler] I remember one guy back where Sophia is from saying that they found her which leads me to believe that she and Alexs love are one in the same.[/spoiler]
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Aug 20 2005, 10:56 PM)
[spoiler] I remember one guy back where Sophia is from saying that they found her which leads me to believe that she and Alexs love are one in the same.[/spoiler]
[snapback]257366[/snapback]

But that'd be...Eew. I mean that'd make her all old and stuff...It's probably true though, if you think about it. She wasn't raised by her real parents so she could've gotten amnesia after she fell...
Envy's lil' miniskirt
What do you mean by old? She's not that old, she younger than me. sad.gif

*goes in corner and cries*
Celestial Shadow
Aw well, I meant because [Spoiler]She kissed Claus, and that's kinda entering pedophile range if she's that age[/Spoiler]
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I know, I was just playing around. But if you notice in anime, older people tend to go after younger people. I don't get it but maybe it's because I'm an American and there's laws against that kind of stuff here. tongue.gif
Celestial Shadow
Well maybe they're all just pedophiles over there laugh.gif I'd personally rather have Alex to Claus, but Claus is cute in his own way.
Carnal Malefactor
But it's usually the older men who go after younger women, not the other way around.

...unless they're Paula Poundstone...
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Not true. Look at Fooly Cooly and Photon. Both featured older women going after young guys so it works both ways.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Aug 20 2005, 11:32 PM)
Not true. Look at Fooly Cooly and Photon. Both featured older women going after young guys so it works both ways.
[snapback]257413[/snapback]

FLCL is very much open to debate, and I've never seen Photon.

You could at least humor me with examples of female teachers having affairs with male students.
Shit, if I'd had a teacher like that, I would've liked high school a whole helluva lot more!
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I'm sorry. I thought we were talking about anime. tongue.gif

On topic:

Ummm Alex is hot! biggrin.gif
Carnal Malefactor
Man, why, if women are so into the dark and broody types, am I not getting all kinds of tail!?

Life's just not fair. dry.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Maybe it's where you live.

If you lived here you would probably be beating them off with a stick.

Besides, I think Alex appels to mine and Celes long hair fetish. tongue.gif
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Aug 20 2005, 11:36 PM)
Ummm Alex is hot! biggrin.gif
[snapback]257420[/snapback]

laugh.gif

QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Aug 20 2005, 11:37 PM)
Man, why, if women are so into the dark and broody types, am I not getting all kinds of tail!?

Life's just not fair. dry.gif
[snapback]257421[/snapback]

Well...When you have long dark hair and overall incredibly sexiness, maybe some'll look your way tongue.gif
Carnal Malefactor
...Guess I better start packin'...

[edit] Celes, I used to have long hair... it was in no way sexy!
Celestial Shadow
You have a pic? tongue.gif I'd love to judge for myself.
Carnal Malefactor
nope. Trust me, I look 1000x better now.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Aug 20 2005, 08:44 PM)
[snapback]257433[/snapback]

Long hair is sexy, and you suck for not having a picture. dry.gif
Celestial Shadow
I agree sleep.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Aug 20 2005, 11:45 PM)
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Aug 20 2005, 08:44 PM)
[snapback]257433[/snapback]

Long hair is sexy, and you suck for not having a picture. dry.gif
[snapback]257434[/snapback]

Put it this way, long hair is tough to take care of. It takes a lot more energy to keep it clean and smelling good. The Silverna probably didn't have great shower facilities [if it had any at all]. Alex always wore heavy clothing. The ship only docked once every few weeks. You see where I'm going with this?
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Aug 20 2005, 08:47 PM)
Put it this way, long hair is tough to take care of. It takes a lot more energy to keep it clean and smelling good. The Silverna probably didn't have great shower facilities [if it had any at all]. Alex always wore heavy clothing. The ship only docked once every few weeks. You see where I'm going with this?
[snapback]257441[/snapback]

Blasphamy!

The Silvania was the top of the line! I'm sure Alex smelled like a rose. biggrin.gif Also in anime, no one can smell your funk anyway.

Besides, I have long hair and I have no problem keeping it clean and groomed. Face it Bacon, you were just lazy. tongue.gif
Carnal Malefactor
No, I think my problem is that I'm not animated... dry.gif
edsgirl
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Aug 20 2005, 10:32 PM)
That's good biggrin.gif I'll look forward to that. And where'd you find those ages at? I wanna know how old Alex is tongue.gif
[snapback]257332[/snapback]

He's 28. A little too old for you Celes! But don't worry, me and Mini can handle him tongue.gif Damn, he's really handsome, but I've been fangirling about Vincent lately. I love those cocky bastards.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Vincent who? Vincent Valentine? I like him too but I never thought of him as cocky but definately angsty he is hot though, long, dark hair, guns I mean whats not to like. tongue.gif
Carnal Malefactor
Was anyone else freaked out by the Dio/Luciolla thing? To this day, I still don't get what the nature of their relationship was.
edsgirl
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Aug 21 2005, 11:54 AM)
Vincent who?  Vincent Valentine? I like him too but I never thought of him as cocky but definately angsty he is hot though, long, dark hair, guns I mean whats not to like. tongue.gif
[snapback]257718[/snapback]

Not that Vincent! But he's pretty hot too!
The Vincent I'm talking about, is the captain of the Urbanus.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/san...happy_vince.jpg
Here's a pic I found of him.
QUOTE(Bacon Bits)
Was anyone else freaked out by the Dio/Luciolla thing? To this day, I still don't get what the nature of their relationship was.

Yeah, that weirded me out a bit too. ph34r.gif I just took it as Luciola being his like caretaker or something along those lines.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Oh yeah that Vincent, I forgot about him, he is a cutie.

As for Luciolla, I though it was his duty to be Dios caretaker.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Aug 22 2005, 01:48 PM)

QUOTE(Bacon Bits)

Yeah, that weirded me out a bit too. ph34r.gif I just took it as Luciola being his like caretaker or something along those lines.
[snapback]258016[/snapback]

Yah, but the way Dio acted sometimes... I don't know... unsure.gif

And what exactly was Luciolla, anyway? As far as I could tell, he wasn't human.
edsgirl
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Aug 22 2005, 01:57 PM)

QUOTE(Bacon Bits)

[snapback]258025[/snapback]

I was wondering that too!
[spoiler] When Delphine vaporized John Carlo, he turned into Ash, but Luciola turned into sparkling stuff. It might have someting to do with the fact that John Carlo was an evil person and Luciola was pure. I dunno! [/spoiler]
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Aug 22 2005, 02:03 PM)
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Aug 22 2005, 01:57 PM)

QUOTE(Bacon Bits)

[snapback]258025[/snapback]

I was wondering that too!
[spoiler] When Delphine vaporized John Carlo, he turned into Ash, but Luciola turned into sparkling stuff. It might have someting to do with the fact that John Carlo was an evil person and Luciola was pure. I dunno! [/spoiler]
[snapback]258030[/snapback]

That was quite a battle scene, wasn't it? It was a ballet. Those Guild people certainly understood showmanship, even though everything about them was totally perverted and wrong.
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Aug 20 2005, 11:47 PM)
[snapback]257441[/snapback]

Guys are just lazy! Girls have to keep up with long hair all the time!

QUOTE(edsgirl @ Aug 21 2005, 03:23 AM)
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Aug 20 2005, 10:32 PM)
[snapback]257332[/snapback]

He's 28. A little too old for you Celes! But don't worry, me and Mini can handle him tongue.gif Damn, he's really handsome, but I've been fangirling about Vincent lately. I love those cocky bastards.
[snapback]257587[/snapback]

Dammit >.< This is the rare moment where I wish I was 10 years older. And I often fall for those cocky guys too laugh.gif But that can be a major problem in real life.

QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Aug 21 2005, 11:54 AM)
Vincent who?  Vincent Valentine? I like him too but I never thought of him as cocky but definately angsty he is hot though, long, dark hair, guns I mean whats not to like. tongue.gif
[snapback]257718[/snapback]

That reminds me of how much I'll be drooling whenever I get AC tongue.gif

QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Aug 22 2005, 02:45 AM)
[snapback]257820[/snapback]

I still haven't seen that episode yet. All I remember is on my guide it said "Dios and Luciola explore the nature of their relationship". huh.gif That sounds pretty scary to me.
edsgirl
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Aug 22 2005, 05:52 PM)

You and me both! I might have to wear a bib from the waterfall that's going to come from my mouth! That's kinda gross dry.gif

QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Aug 22 2005, 02:45 AM)
[snapback]257820[/snapback]

I still haven't seen that episode yet. All I remember is on my guide it said "Dios and Luciola explore the nature of their relationship".  huh.gif That sounds pretty scary to me.
[snapback]258326[/snapback]

It's only scary once you read some of the fanfics. tongue.gif
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Aug 22 2005, 06:35 PM)
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Aug 22 2005, 05:52 PM)

You and me both! I might have to wear a bib from the waterfall that's going to come from my mouth! That's kinda gross dry.gif
laugh.gif But how could you not? Cloud, Vincent, Reno and more *_*

QUOTE(Celes)
I still haven't seen that episode yet. All I remember is on my guide it said "Dios and Luciola explore the nature of their relationship".  huh.gif That sounds pretty scary to me.

[snapback]258386[/snapback]

Why WOULD you? XD Dio kinda annoys and creeps me out.

I saw that quote mess by the way ph34r.gif
Carnal Malefactor

I'm sure there's a whole cabal of fanfic writers who go into detail over every Caligula-esque perversion that takes place in The Guild.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
That's my kind of fic. tongue.gif
edsgirl
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Aug 22 2005, 06:41 PM)

I'm sure there's a whole cabal of fanfic writers who go into detail over every Caligula-esque perversion that takes place in The Guild.
[snapback]258399[/snapback]

I've even read a couple with Dio/Delphine. blink.gif Now that's just gross. The Alex/Delphine one I read gave me nightmares for the longest time.
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Aug 22 2005, 06:46 PM)
I've even read a couple with Dio/Delphine. blink.gif Now that's just gross. The Alex/Delphine one I read gave me nightmares for the longest time.
[snapback]258410[/snapback]

...And notice it's the straight, non-incest people that give her nightmares...tongue.gif You guys seem to be totally interested in everyone but the real main characters laugh.gif
Carnal Malefactor
Delphine paired up with anything other than a woodchipper would piss me off. One of the few anime villains that's ever struck me as being pure evil.
edsgirl
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Aug 22 2005, 06:48 PM)
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Aug 22 2005, 06:46 PM)
[snapback]258410[/snapback]

...And notice it's the straight, non-incest people that give her nightmares...tongue.gif You guys seem to be totally interested in everyone but the real main characters laugh.gif
[snapback]258412[/snapback]

Hey, I said it was gross! Not a fan of incest in any situation. I'm like this with almost every anime/manga, with FMA being the exception. Claus is an okay main character, but Lavie annoys the crap outta me. She has no backbone of her own and she's just so needy.
Carnal Malefactor
I don't think Lavie is too bad. She does a decent enough job avoiding getting killed despite everything she goes through. She seems like a strong enough girl early on, but as the series advances, she kinda fades into the background. But you can't really ask too much of a 15-year-old girl.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Aug 22 2005, 04:03 PM)
Delphine paired up with anything other than a woodchipper would piss me off. One of the few anime villains that's ever struck me as being pure evil.
[snapback]258441[/snapback]

Delphine is a nasty little bitch, I jumped up and squeeled with glee when she got hers, especially the way she did. Maybe you should write a fic Bacon Delphine/woodchipper.laugh.gif I'd totally read that fic.

@Edsgirl:

Since when were you into FMA incest? huh.gif

Also, I liked Lavie, I though she was realistic. Like Bacon said, she did kind of fade into the background and I wish she had been in the story more but given her circumstances I think she did fine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.