Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rave Master
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Manga > Let's discuss your fav manga series here!
Wise_Alchemist
I have been reading and collecting Rave Master since it came out.
My favorite thing about this series is the character development and story flow. Not to mention Hiro Mashima is a great artist (look at the assortment of characters).
Does anyone else read Rave Master?

(Source: MangaFox)

Years of Released: 1999
Author: Mashima Hiro
Artist: Mashima Hiro
Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Romance, Shounen

Summary
The Continent of Song is in chaos. The sinister secret society known as Demon Card is using the power of Dark Bring to destroy everything in their path. The only things capable of stopping Dark Bring are the Rave stones. Unfortunately, the Rave Stones were scattered around the globe in an explosion 50 years ago, so now they must be collected by the Rave Master in order to stop Dark Bring once and for all. This new task has been given to Haru Glory; a sixteen-year-old boy from Garage Island. The World's fate now rests on the new, young Rave Master.

seventh_sky
I have two volumes of the manga. It's pretty good, if a little weird sometimes haha
Wise_Alchemist
I like the fact Hiro Mashima dosen't make it too serious (that kills good titles).
Doktor_Vladmir
Oh Rave Master! I love that series! I have all the manga but the anime once brought to America was sooooo edited and cut that it sucked. The Japanese version rocks!
Crazy_Lil_Melon
I only have 1-14 I hear 15 and 16 are out and 17's on the way... (no money!!). I love it though! smile.gif
Wise_Alchemist
My favorite character is Musica (because he is an Alchemist who controls silver).
Doktor_Vladmir
My favorite character is Haru!
Crazy_Lil_Melon
My favorite character is... either Plue or Elie! smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
Wise_Alchemist
So what makes Rave Master stand out to you? For me it's the character design, I draw a lot like Hiro Mashima! smile.gif
seventh_sky
I like the characters, and the fact that it's very original, you know, with all the weirdo creatures hanging around like Plue and Griff.
Karo
QUOTE(seventh_sky @ Aug 18 2005, 05:43 PM)
I like the characters, and the fact that it's very original, you know, with all the weirdo creatures hanging around like Plue and Griff.
[snapback]255315[/snapback]

yeah, it is pretty orginal/ I like that also
Doktor_Vladmir
I like the fact that [as with most manga] the characters really grow on you after awhile. I also like how it flows the flow is what really gets me into it, Hiro Mashima, really knows what he's doing with Rave Master.
Crazy_Lil_Melon
smile.gif I like the character's personalities! The personalities really make you feel like your watching something in reality unfold! smile.gif
Karo
yeah, the personalities are great.
Doktor_Vladmir
Does anyone know how many volumes are out in Japan as of now? I think it's around 22 or so.
Crazy_Lil_Melon
There are 32 volumes out in Japan as of now! smile.gif
Doktor_Vladmir
Oh thanks! I can't believe there are already 32 volumes!
Wise_Alchemist
On the subject of volumes, does anyone know how many Rave Master will have? I hear it's supposed to be forty.
Crazy_Lil_Melon
I don't think the number is planned yet. I suppose it will keep going.
Doktor_Vladmir
Yeah, I think Crazy_Lil_Melon is right. As far as I know the end for Rave Master isn't planned yet.
Wise_Alchemist
Thanks, I wanted to know for awhile now. So does anyone have a favorite quote from the series?
Doktor_Vladmir
Hmmn... Favorite quote?

"I am darkness!" - Doryu
Crazy_Lil_Melon
Oh I know one! "This is kind of nice." - Musica
Random Person
I read the first chapter at Borders one day. Its good. smile.gif
Doktor_Vladmir
Wow, the first chapter... I haven't read that in ages! smile.gif
Crazy_Lil_Melon
I think I need to re-read the series! I don't remember much of the first few books (except important parts!). smile.gif smile.gif
Doktor_Vladmir
Yeah, that happens with me too! I read a manga with a lot of volumes and start to lose track of what has happened! blink.gif
Crazy_Lil_Melon
So does anyone know where to find information about volumes that have already been realesed in Japan? (I need it in english).
Doktor_Vladmir
I used to know a good site... But I can't find it unsure.gif you could always try and google it!
Crazy_Lil_Melon
Okay I'll try and find out using google, and if anyone knows a site just post it! smile.gif
Gato Gurl914
yeah i read it. its ok. nice balance of humor and action.
hellcommando
I think Groove Adventure Rave vol. 33 released and now is close to vol. 34. I collected them from 1 - 33 already!! biggrin.gif
MasterKris
Wow.. I didn't know this thread existed... Rave Master's cool... an original adventure story. A nice manga to past ur time. (read the ending and sadly disappointed by it on how PLAIN it is)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.