Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How To Kill Pride?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > Original Japanese episodes (with sub)
Pages: 1, 2
Satoru
OK, so I guess Dante has something of Pride's former self to keep him from betraying her.
But I don't think Ed will get ahold of it so...

Since Pride ages, would it be possible for Ed to change something in Pride's body that makes him age like... really fast? tongue.gif
RolfKaese
could be. we'll see smile.gif
Zed
Does pride even have eternal life? I mean he ages like a normal Human, perhaps he has not digested the red stones. Thus you may be able to kill him normally.
Midnight
Well, perhaps you could just lock him up somewhere until he dies of old age wink.gif
Omakase Shimasu
...it would be... sad/stupid if he suddenly died of a heart-attack... ^__^;;

Could he die of a heart-attack? blink.gif I'm confusing myself...
Eisenstard
I think is possible that he could die like a normal human. Dante/Lyla said that he was is best work, so, is possible that he can dia in a normal battle
Gashole
Um... which one is Pride again..?
Omakase Shimasu
Dark-haired man, got a mustache and an eye-patch. ^__^ The General?
Gashole
Oh, the Fuhrer.
(That was a super quick reply, btw.)
Omakase Shimasu
@___@ Um, I meant the Fuhrer. SORRY!!

(That was a super quick reply, btw.)

Hehe, I'm bored. Sue me. (don't take it literally, please) ^__^v
wolfi1412
I think he ages... but would never die
OH! how about this:

he acts as if he's dead, but he keeps on living, this way no one knws that he's immortal
Vael
Can't really alchemise time. Aging basically just occurs because the body's cell's reproduce time and time again, and every once in a while the polymerase or whatever gets the cell's genetic code slightly wrong, and it mutates over time. Not to mention a lot of other factors (not putting in puberty and growing and such), but yeah, I'm thinking Pride will die in a pretty bland fashion.

However, how will ENVY die? I doubt Dante has his body parts, and Hohenheim is gone... but my main theory here is that Hohenheim will somehow reappear and aid in Envy's destruction (I'm really hoping NOT, though -.-;;)
wolfi1412
I'm hoping the same thing Vael.. I miss Hohemheim!!
Pride is homunculus, dante (and hohenheim) sez homunculus starts as the pile of flesh (like sloth), eat stone then become human. So pride also has many lives.
Ninie
Maybe he comes from the gate like Wrath (don't know if it was said if Wrath is the only one), or Dante created him differently, so he didn't have to eat red stones. He can still use his powers, like Wrath before he ate the stones, but his eyes are still blue/green, not violet, and he can age and die.
Kodachrome
Howto kill Pride... hmm... simple. Trick him into running into Mt. Fuji. D;
Vx Tao Ren xV
Hmm.. so far, the homunculus that have died (Greed and another, I won't say incase no one has seen it yet) were killed by a weapon, and both happened to be sealed right before (although Greed ascaped and Ed showed up right after ^_^;;).. One main thing that happens when they're sealed, is that they start hacking up pieces of the Philosopher's Stone, which most likely makes them weaker (Isn't the Philosopher's Stone the life source of the homunculus?). Pride probably has the same vulnerability and can probably be killed with a weapon or something too.. (of course, you need the opportunity.. Pride can really weild his sword and we've seen it.. May the force be with you, Ed.)

Just a random thought, I think that just because Pride can age doesn't mean that he didn't eat any of the Philosopher's Stone. If you created a homunculus without using the stone to alter their form (it worked wonders for Sloth ^_^;;).. then wouldn't that be considered a successful human transmutation? Not a homunculus? ::blink::
Kodachrome
Explain how they were "sealed." To seal implies imprisonment, but it's pretty obvious they weren't "imprisoned."
Vael
The serpent's cross is basically a homunculus seal, now, since the last episode was entitled "Homunculus Seal", and two homunculus were.. uhm.. "sealed"
Vx Tao Ren xV
Well, the term they use is "sealed" but you're right in saying that it sound's like imprisonment.

It's actually that gigantic transmustation circle that we first saw at Dante's house (the one with the alchemical cross in the middle of it).. plus an item from the homunculus' former body.. like their bones. I'm not sure exactly what it does, but my guess is that it probably counteracts against the homunculus' structure somehow (eh.. I dunno), and then they start throwing up the philosopher's stone..
Kodachrome
I s'pose the animators of FMA are going to tell us that they have their own definition of "sealing" now as well that involves regurgitation. -___-;;
Vx Tao Ren xV
Well, I though tthat the actual seal reacted with their structure (as I said before), which resulted in the regurgitating thing.. kinda like an antacid I guess.. ^_^;;
Kodachrome
... so the "seal" has chemicals in it now too? @_@
Vx Tao Ren xV
Gahh.. @.@ I'm getting all confused!

There's probably some kind of deconstruction equation within the transmutation cirlce that reacts with the structure of the homunculus (internally probably) which causes them to hack up the Philosopher's Stone as a result, which makes them weaker (becuase the Stone sustains the homunculs's life), making them vulnerable and killable (is that a word?)... that's what I mean..
Satoru
Well, every homunculus has to die sometime, in the series or inte the movie, so...
I thought about something today. Pride seems to be able to anticipate moves, and avoid them. Maybe he isn't immortal, because he's able to avoid being killed? Well, we'll just have to wait and see.
hitokiri
i feel that it is inevitable that the person that will kill pride is mustang; just remember Roy's Easy 5 Step Plan:

1 - Learn alchemy
2 - Join military
3 - Rise in ranks
4 - Become the Fuhrer
5 - Mini skirts all around

and as you can see Pride stands in Roy's way of achieving step 4.......

and as for the seal i think since it has to combined with a piece of the original body it has to somehow strengthen the bond between the original person and the current homunculus version of them, possibly even trying to fix the botched transmutation which created them and makin them slightly closer to being human which make the red stones incompatible with the new from
Virtue
They weren't sealed. The translators got the last name wrong, it is Seal, not Seals(pliral). By homunculus Seal they just mean the transmutation circle.
Greed
it seems that pride cant b killed. i havent seen the lastest episode, so i dunno wut happenz 2 him yet. tongue.gif

but seeing that pride is extremely fast, barely ne1 could touch him. martel slapped his eye lid off but that was it. hez like kenshin but faster.
wolfi1412
QUOTE(Virtue @ Sep 9 2004, 08:42 PM)
They weren't sealed.  The translators got the last name wrong, it is Seal, not Seals(pliral).  By homunculus Seal they just mean the transmutation circle.

yea.. I think so.. and u do mean "plural" rite?
Satoru
But Homunculus doesn't age because of the Red Stones, or what? Maybe Pride only has one, that makes him able to live and age. ^^
Kaitou-dark
he ages cuz it's like an ability but if he dies of old age, he'll revive.
Omakase Shimasu
Besides, he's got the all-powerful Eye.
Virtue
QUOTE(wolfi1412 @ Sep 9 2004, 11:46 PM)
yea.. I think so.. and u do mean "plural" rite?

Yes...on the keyboard the u is next to the i. It was just a typo :-/
rsF
I think Roy and/or Armstrong is going to kill him.
wolfi1412
hope so
Carnal Malefactor
Well, like all Homunculi, he could be killed just by wounding him fatally until the red stones' power gives out.

But I suspect that the tea he drinks all the time has red stone dissolved in it, so that could take a while...
wolfi1412
hm... that might be.. coz the tea is some sort of red rite?
I wonder what would he say about "Juliette Douglas" disappearance (a.k.a. death)
Torx
I'm just budding in with my own theory here...

Dante said Pride was special... Maybe she used the original body as the material for creating him. Like the 'Sensei' did. (Sorry, I never caught her name) I mean... Wrath aged too didn't he?
Ailuro
Wrath aged inside the gate.
I think Pride only ages externally, and does not get weaker like a real human does. The best way to kill him given his Ultimate Eye would be a way in wich he cannot use his eye, like poison gas or something.
Hym
by the way , i wonder why Pride has a Scarf on his left eye , normally homonculus are healed instantly ...
yeah Dante said that pride ages but he certainly doesnt age like a normal human being because greed knew him , and another annoying detail : why pride has a wife Oo?
QUOTE(Hym @ Sep 13 2004, 07:05 PM)
by the way , i wonder why Pride has a Scarf on his left eye , normally homonculus are healed instantly ...
yeah Dante said that pride ages but he certainly doesnt age like a normal human being because greed knew him , and another annoying detail : why pride has a wife Oo?

The symbol that labels him as a homonculus is on his left eye. He hides it to hide his identity. Not everyone knows that he's a homonculus and anything beyond the normal would be chaotic ... and that would ruin everything.

why pride has a wife?

I suspect it's because he's the Fuhrer and he's expected to have a wife.
Thats right cause If he didnt the millitary Would think he was a Flamer,And we all know how the millitary Feels about that. biggrin.gif
Hym
that's not what i meant. I wasn't speaking about the uroboros tatoo , i was speaking about the scar arround his eye ; not about the eye itself
Fullmetal Armor
Only thing I can come up with is that maybe the person whose failed transmutation created Pride had a scar like that, other than that, no idea.
motoh
As for combat concerns, Envy at least got one hit in on Pride when he threw his temper tantrum.

So he's not perfect, but very very good.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Hym @ Sep 13 2004, 07:58 PM)
that's not what i meant. I wasn't speaking about the uroboros tatoo , i was speaking about the scar arround his eye ; not about the eye itself

It's not a scar. It's a tan line. laugh.gif
wolfi1412
wow.. he went to the beach and accidently got a funny tan around his eye.. cool... what a cool Fuhrer and Homunculus...

lolz.. that scar might have already been there before he's a homunculi..
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(wolfi1412 @ Sep 13 2004, 11:04 PM)
wow.. he went to the beach and accidently got a funny tan around his eye.. cool... what a cool Fuhrer and Homunculus...

lolz.. that scar might have already been there before he's a homunculi..

Well, he does wear Hawaiian shirts in the manga...
Vael
I think Envy just got a hit on Pride because Pride didn't want to defend himself; Envy is significantly more powerful than Pride, it seems, and Pride probably didn't want to anger Envy by foiling his attacks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.