Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Worst Episode
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
fMa_nv92
Yep...I'd have to agree with all of you.."A Forger's Love" is a little boring...i don't
think I'll watch that episode again.....
kiori
Ep. 4 was ok the one I didn't like was...crap I cant remember what its called but it's the one where Lust meets that guy again and theres like that weird epidemic in the town and that stupid whiny girl who was jealous of Lust or something...sorry for the crappy description I've only seen it once. excpet for the beginning when Ed beat up those guys. that was hilarious
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 26 2005, 03:08 AM) [snapback]304574[/snapback]

The inspector actually reminds me off that guy from interpol in Lupin the 3rd. Lol.

I thought that same exact thing. I even wondered if it was a deliberate reference. smile.gif

Of course it was deliberate. You don't see stuff like that in anime by coincidence.
JoshP1389
I'm not going to hop on the bandwagon with everyone saying episode 4 sucked. Honestly, episode 35 blew hard. Just another one of those filler episodes.
Colette
QUOTE(JoshP1389 @ Feb 14 2006, 09:29 PM) [snapback]350153[/snapback]

I'm not going to hop on the bandwagon with everyone saying episode 4 sucked. Honestly, episode 35 blew hard. Just another one of those filler episodes.

No kidding.

But pretty much every episode after 36-ish went downhill. Damn Bones...
Ed-Al-Win Fan
Well this is 'my' opinion, but I didn't really care for episode 24 Bonding Memories thing, yeah it was cool with Scar all in it, but still in some parts it was bit boring Ed trying to tell Al that little secret, that he really should have been and told him lol

But really they all are pretty much interesting in their own way...
Shi-chan
QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 26 2005, 02:08 AM) [snapback]304574[/snapback]

The inspector actually reminds me off that guy from interpol in Lupin the 3rd. Lol.

I thought that same exact thing. I even wondered if it was a deliberate reference. smile.gif

Me too (XP)...[maybe it was deliberate...?]

Anyways, I really don't like a Episode 4 -"A Forger's Love". It was mainly a filler [at least it seemed like it to me]. I was really annoyed throughout the whole thing [Especially the ending...] and seemed to have no point to the actual plot [still...it probably served some purpose...] . There are a few more that seemed like just fillers, like 'Phatom Thief'...But that one was alteast funny! (>_<)
Aleesha Elric
I hate ep 4 no meaning, and I wasnt to fond of the first ep for some reason, but I must say I do love the ep "Mother" it made me cry.
instantmirage
episode 3 and 4,
what are they ?
The_Oneiromancer
I was not a fan of "the other brothers Elric", found it rather boring, though it did explain quite a bit about the red water, so not pointless.

Edited for typo
Popogeejo
The Aquroya episode.It just bugged me.
seriousFun
i dont like ep. 4...its a pointless ep. and ed kills Masho(cant spell) but gets upset about Greed?greed's cool. i didnt like the 1 and 2 ep.s. lol laugh.gif almost all anime's they show off...i guess unsure.gif well, yeah, the ep.s 1,2, 4 mostly ep.4
instantmirage
the episode where Mayor Amstrong sister revealed,
thats a common waste
RayAllen
I hated eps 5. It was very boring to me.
r315razor
i didn't like "The Other Brothers Elric"

...Why do they become the scum of the town just because the town thinks they are lieing?

Also i just thought it was kind of boring... although it did add to the story line.
Popogeejo
QUOTE(seriousFun @ Feb 21 2006, 11:19 PM) [snapback]352892[/snapback]

i dont like ep. 4...its a pointless ep. and ed kills Masho(cant spell) but gets upset about Greed?greed's cool. i didnt like the 1 and 2 ep.s. lol laugh.gif almost all anime's they show off...i guess unsure.gif well, yeah, the ep.s 1,2, 4 mostly ep.4

Ed didn't kill the guy on purpose though,he was just trying to disarm him.
As for episodes 1&2 I thought they were a good way of introducing Newbies (like me) to the style of the show and the basic philosophy (Can't get something for nothing).
Tyna
Episode 24, Bonding Memories, and episode 26, Her Reason.

24 I did not like because Al was stupid in there.

26 I did not like because Winry was stupid in there.

I've discussed this somewhere else the extent of their stupidness already, so I don't want to anymore. But if you're all fans like me, I guess you can slightly see my point even if you don't agree, eh?
vfdj42
Yeah, I don't like the early episodes much. 4 was a bit stupid, 10 was sort of good, the Tringham bros. eps are not worth downloading (I saw them dubbed, I didn't see 4 and 10). And episode 8. They're not really bad, just...forgetabble.
Automne
I dislike the beginning of the 1st season (save for 'The Other Elric brothers' or something like that...Hum...Yay, go the manga? :sarcasm: mellow.gif). Episode 25 bugged me also, and no, it isn't

[spoiler]because Hughes died, thank you very much.[/spoiler]

There is also episode 26 but I love the rest of the second season, so, in 'my' opinion, it doesn't go down hill at all.
Claytonheim of Light
i vote for "the flame alchemist, the bachelor leutenant, etc...." the story line was so intense then, and with only a measly half hour a week to see it unfold, i could've done without the comedy interlude. i wanted more main story. only time i ever felt jipped after a fma episode. i did think armstrong's family was quite funny, though.
Tyna
QUOTE(vfdj42 @ Feb 25 2006, 05:13 PM) [snapback]354877[/snapback]

Yeah, I don't like the early episodes much. 4 was a bit stupid, 10 was sort of good, the Tringham bros. eps are not worth downloading (I saw them dubbed, I didn't see 4 and 10). And episode 8. They're not really bad, just...forgetabble.

Nah, man, episode 8 was the one I remembered most before going on the 2nd season. Oh, my gosh, the little boy was crying so hard I was just screaming at the screen, "SOMEBODY GIVE HIM A HUG ALREADY!" The way he said it, "We're just tiny, petty humans" just makes him sound so helpless and vulnerable.
Ultimate_Hughes_fan
I hated episode 4 it was just boring and had no purpose.
Edward's grl 15
I totally agree episode 4 was to me like a filler episode it was really boring .....zzzzzzz
greenguy3
yeah, i agree with most ppl wen i say that the forger's love episode was the worst. it totally put me to sleep.
sleep.gif
Nepharski
Now that I've seen the whole series, I do believe Episodes 4 and 10 shouldn't have been made in the first place, Episodes 24 and 26 should have been done better, and episodes 36 and 38 should have been merged. Otherwise, though, most of the rest of the show is fine.
BlackStar
i geuss alot of ppl are saying this too, but a forgers love is a craptastic episode.
MonsterEnvy
Episode 14 was a complete omake episode. I thought it was a bit annoying to waste a whole episode of an otherwise (mainly) serious series on jokes about cats. It would have made more sense to append some of the omakes to the end of a shorter episode, I thought...
fma lover stef
four wasn't all that great i agree, but it did turn out better then what i thought it was going to be about

the episode that i really hate is the one with lust and her past encounter with some guy about the philosohers stone. i don't know what it was about it (probloy because you never got to see ed al or winry biggrin.gif)but yea it was TOO dramatic for my taste "where did i come from and where will i go" dry.gif im SO glad she wasn't like that in the manga cool.gif
Malcolm_X
i say episode 4....it put me to sleep.....It was mostly them talking
Weapons Alchemist
I really hate the ep when........hmmmm.....i dont have one (That i can remember)
FullmetalRaptor
I like all the episodes, but the episode where Ed and Al are stranded on that island was my least favorite, because I always hate watching kids suffer at the hands of someone three-four times their own size.
Hyugafalcon
The one with Psiren in it annoyed me. I mean, she was okay, but the episode was so repetitive... ugh. And I still don't even get what her transmutation circle was supposed to mean. And why in G-d's name did she put it on her chest?
Weapons Alchemist
no one could see her TMC on her chest when she has a top on
Nepharski
QUOTE(Hyugafalcon @ May 21 2006, 11:48 AM) [snapback]398851[/snapback]

The one with Psiren in it annoyed me. I mean, she was okay, but the episode was so repetitive... ugh. And I still don't even get what her transmutation circle was supposed to mean. And why in G-d's name did she put it on her chest?

You're Jewish, eh? Just curious.

If #4 is the designated boring episode of the series, #10 is the stupid one. Also, on review, #13...its really just a fan service episode (no, not what you're thinking). Edward vs. Mustang simply because they can, trying to tie it together with a "If you defeat me" deal. Black Hayate was entertaining enough, I suppose, but could have easily worked anywhere.

Actually, most episodes have at least one minor quirk or dent that I'd have liked to fix.
Katana Alchemist
I'm going with episode 26, but only conditionally.

I've always been confused about why they ended the season with the Paninya episode instead of the Hughes one. After the dramatic tension of the Hughes episode, any attempt to teach us a lesson or evoke some sort of emotion for Paninya falls flat. It seems like a filler episode from the beginning of the series where we all learn a lesson about not having to prove anything to anyone. Especially since the Hughes episode marks a major shift in the FMA storyline and where things begin to go very dark, I'm quite confused. Was it to show the tragedy of Ed & Al's obliviousness to Hughes death? Or show everyone trying to get on with their lives? Or try to end on a less tragic note? (I'm not being rhetorical here. If any of these are true or make sense to anyone, I'd be happy to know).

For me, Ed seeing Hughes waving goodbye is the most moving scene in the series. It chokes me up a little and I don't ever cry for any kind of fictional entertainment.

Incidentally, I have to disagree with whoever said FMA was better than Bebop. FMA takes the number 2 slot and it's close but Cowboy Bebop is more consistent as a show. There are a few weaker episodes but nothing you would skip over like this episode 26 of FMA and a few others. Plus in half the number of episodes, the best of Bebop beats the best of FMA. Ballad of Fallen Angels, Jupiter Jazz, RFB 1 & 2 and Cowboy Funk are all superb work. The only episode in my opinon, in the same league with them from FMA is Words of Farewell which was done exceptionally well.

Bebop also has the advantage of getting stronger towards the end. Especially in retrospect, knowing what happens at the end and looking back to see it coming, the series has a unity that FMA lacks. Also, Cowboy Bebop doesn't feel compelled to tell the backstory to the series. It's as if they'd picked up halfway through an FMA-type story but let you fill in the blanks as to what happened to Spike Vicious and Julia.

It may be that Cowboy Bebop has a less "anime-ish" style (there are no sweatdrops or stuff like that) and it deals with things a little more subtly and maturely. I tend to like those sorts of show so it may not be FMA's fault.

No offense, just my opinion.
Sword Alchemist
QUOTE(Katana Alchemist @ May 23 2006, 09:39 PM) [snapback]399989[/snapback]

I'm going with episode 26, but only conditionally.

I've always been confused about why they ended the season with the Paninya episode instead of the Hughes one. After the dramatic tension of the Hughes episode, any attempt to teach us a lesson or evoke some sort of emotion for Paninya falls flat. It seems like a filler episode from the beginning of the series where we all learn a lesson about not having to prove anything to anyone. Especially since the Hughes episode marks a major shift in the FMA storyline and where things begin to go very dark, I'm quite confused. Was it to show the tragedy of Ed & Al's obliviousness to Hughes death? Or show everyone trying to get on with their lives? Or try to end on a less tragic note? (I'm not being rhetorical here. If any of these are true or make sense to anyone, I'd be happy to know).

For me, Ed seeing Hughes waving goodbye is the most moving scene in the series. It chokes me up a little and I don't ever cry for any kind of fictional entertainment.

You make a good point about Episode 26.

Sympathizing with Paninya while we were still in the wake of Hughes' death is easier said than done. We were most likely still sympathizing with Gracia and Elysia that Paninya wanting everyone to see Dominique's(sp) automail the way she did just wasn't that important.
Chizu
Episode 4 is the most boring
Episode 51 is the saddest
Episode 13 is the funniest (so far)

I say episode 4 is the boring one
Emerald Alchemist
Episode 4 by far, so boring to me... I fell asleep after the first 5 minutes of watching it. dry.gif
www.freewebs.com/fmaotakuchan
QUOTE(Maes-Hughes @ Aug 13 2005, 07:06 PM) [snapback]250800[/snapback]

well i searched the forums (using search) for a worst episode thread but i couldnt find one.

So, i would have to say my less favorite episode is A Forger's Love, the one where u met Majhal that episode i cant seem to be able to watch more than 5 times for some reason tongue.gif.

Please Close this Thread if there is already a Worst Episode Thread that i am unaware of.

End Note: ALL fma episodes are good, but some are better than others tongue.gif

Hm, that episode is alright. The only episode I don't like is fullmetal vs flame i think. whichever was the first one i saw. i like stayed up exttra late to watch it (cause i read the manga) and whatever episode that was on (in my opinion) sucked. my brother says it was fullmetal vs flame. i dunno. it was the one w/ black hayate
paca
maybe the greed's chapters are a little bit boring for me.
Ishbal~Alchemist
BLEEEGH!!! I HATE the episode 'Phantom Theif'. My sister and I both hate Psiren/Clara something about her just ticks me off, though I don't know what it is..... huh.gif
Colette
Episode 47.

Seriously, this episode almost killed FMA for me.
Ücälypse
Episode 51

This may sound nonsensical, but I hate tragic endings.

I've never expected Ed dying... actually getting deported to the other side of the door.

It's a good thing that Ed and Al has a rendezvous in the movie...
GoldenbladeAlchemist
I think "A Forger's Love" and "The Other Brothers Elric part 1 & 2" were really bad. I know that in the end the Tringhams came back for about two episodes, but Majahal had nothing to do with any other episodes.
55th_animalalchemist
Even if they are important for the story I get boring with the 1º and the 2º one. Don`t know why, There are fights and a important lesson to learn, but I don`t like them.
And the two ones when Ed fiht with the number 48 . the 19º and 20º episodes, but I like the 21º one.
Tsukiyasha(aka Edo's GF)
I didn't look threw the whole thred but it seemd like alot of people don't like ep. 4. The only one I don't realy like is ep. 25/26, the one were Hughes gets killed. Lukly I don't have it recorded, so I won't cry everytime I wach it,
Angus
QUOTE(Little_Alchemist @ Aug 14 2005, 12:34 AM) [snapback]251183[/snapback]

i didnt like episode 25 (i think thts it) with hughes it made me cry sad.gif its so sad

Omg me 2. And yes it may seem noobish that I copied a post on the first page, but I cried like a baby when Hughes died.
Reika
50/51
xox
Episode 4 was the worst I think. That one always stays in my mind as the one I skip on the DVD's. hehe.
His Name is Unknown
Definitely have to go with 4. Really the only FMA episode I don't like. The whole Karin reapearring and recovering her memory side story felt extremely forced and Majahal was a worthless character.

On a different note, I noticed that the Bachelor Lieutenant/Warehouse 13/Flame Alchemist episode has been cited several times in this thread as pointless filler. I really don't understand how anyone could say this, as this episode gives insight into Archer's scheming as well as how Armstrong is trying to take Maes place in helping Roy - the whole point of Havoc's date with Armstrong's sister was to allow him to slip Mustang the note about Archer's intentions. There was plenty of relevant story in this episode, you just had to be paying attention.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.